main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i am getting an xbox 1 finally this weekend. I am thinking of getting Destiny or Witcher 3. If I get Destiny, any noob advice out there?

2. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    The game doesn't start until after level 20, which you can do in a days time pretty easy. Its better once you max out a skill tree as well, and if you're going in knowing a few people who don't mind carrying you, you are going to progress much much faster in endgame gear. This is a Loot Chase Game, with some Halo-ish PvP, just so you know what you're getting into. Really fun if you're into Bungie's FPS's, just don't expect a story. At all.

If you're looking for Story or RPG stuff, go Witcher 3. Never tried the series myself, but im a completionist so I feel like it wold be similar to mainlining Video Game Heroin.

Honestly they are different enough Genre's I'd recommend both anyway.

TX-20 and JediMatteus like this.
  3. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i am playing a little Destiny now as a Warlock. pretty fun. What makes this game worth playing to me, is doing it co-op with a buddy with headsets. fun.

4. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    That is the only way to have fun playing the game. But after a few days the two of us get way too bored to continue the game.

5. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah I'm not much of a grinder either. But if we get together once a week to play for a few hours. It won't grow old that fast

Thoix Heoro likes this.
  6. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    My friend and I aren't much of grinders either, nor do we enjoy the Crucible matchmaking so we stick PVE. I suppose that would work every Friday, considering that's when Xur shows up, but with the Gears of War beta being up right now and Batman: Arkham Knight coming out on Tuesday, I doubt I won't be playing much Destiny in the next two week.

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have been following Destiny for about a year now, and The Taken King looks set to be the perfect opportunity to enter the game, assuming Bungie fixes their ridiculous nerf to Auto Rifles, especially low damage/high rate of fire ones that have never been particularly effective in the first place, and they can come up with a better solution for vault space.

8. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005

I suspect that you may have not been around for the Age of Autos back when the game first started. They were quite literally the only primary worth playing. The nerf might have been overdone, and I wouldn't mind seeing it scaled back a little, but a nerf of some kind was definitely warranted.

TX-20 likes this.
  9. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I haven't played beyond a few hours one afternoon during the beta and the first mission with my uncle's Titan. Warranted, how was the last nerf warranted, when low damage/high rate of fire ones, which includes the non-SUROS Regime Exotic Auto Rifles that have always been terrible? When balanced properly, Auto Rifles should be one of the most used weapons, because automatic weapons are more forgiving, but Bungie doesn't seem to understand that.

10. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    The problem was that the higher-impact Autos were more forgiving without being any less powerful (and were often more powerful) than the other guns. That meant they were objectively better, and mastering the less forgiving guns gave little to no reward. Unfortunately, Bungie over did the nerf and caught the lower-impact ones up in it, so now the Autos can't really compete. I wouldn't mind seeing a small buff to bring them back into contention (I have a few sitting in my vault that I wouldn't mind using again), but they should never go back to their previous level. Better to have 3/4 playable guns than 1/4.

11. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i just rented this on gamelfy. but coming out in a few months is the game and all the dlc's for only $59.99. so ill get it evenually

12. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    It seems to me that the Auto Rifle impact nerf needs to be undone and a buff focused the low impact ones and non-SUROS Regime Exotic Auto Rifles is needed.

13. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    So far i really like the scout rifle, and Sniper Rifle as my secondary

14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Currently waiting for the new DLC.

TX-20 likes this.
  15. Sirdi

Sirdi Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2015
    I wish this game came to PC. Is it worth buying an X Box One (not just for this game) to play?

16. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Well i like the xbox one. It is a much more stable product than the last xbox. It has all the games, unless your wanting a few exclusive titles found on PS4. I have Witcher 3, just bought an xbox one last week. I am getting destiny legendary edition in a few months, with all the dlc's. I am planning on getting fallout 4, and Battlefron on it as well. I do love pc gaming, but it is just easier playing xbox, so you dont have to keep up on graphical, and memory requirements. Only real negative is you will have to get a external hardive at some point. limited storage. I would wait and get a 1TB xbox one coming out soon.

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    GJALLARHORN!

Thank you, RNGesus. I thought all I was gonna get out of that VoG run was shards and energies but then, BOOM, down goes Aetheon and up pops Gjally. WOOOO.

Watch Xur sell it next week, now.

TX-20, Draconarius and Penguinator like this.
  18. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

Cool, but this is the Destiny thread, if you're interested in talking about the various consoles, I'd suggest you stick to their dedicated threads.

Anyone doing Trials of Osiris?

19. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    why are you talking to me? I did not ask the question? I did not bring it up. Sirdi did

20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    And, so, of COURSE I immediately get it again when I use a treasure key on a 28 PoE run last night. Of course I do.

Urgh. They're like buses.

If only this game had trading. My friends and I are now in a situation where everyone who has Gjallarhorn has it more than once (one of us has it FOUR FREAKIN' TIMES!!!)... leaving one poor soul in our group without it, entirely.

EDIT: It seems there have been a lot of Gjally drops from PoE, recently. At least if anecdotal evidence from r/destinythegame is anything to go by. Bungie may have upped the drop rate.

21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Trailer for The Taken King.

Also just learnt that they've recast Ghost with Nolan North, not only for TK but retroactively. No more Dinklebot at all!

EDIT: There's also word going around (no idea how reliable) that the entiety of the original campaign is being restructured in terms of mission order, with additional clarification and whatnot. So. Uh.

Looks like we've been playing a beta all along, guys! :p

22. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Welcome to MMO mentality.

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Pour one out for Dinklebot - good night, sweet prince.

24. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    At this point I'm willing to just take this. I came to terms about paying $90 on release day for Destiny after the House of Wolves DLC released. I just want it to be better.

R.I.P. Dinklebot

25. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    yep, i am getting the game and all the dlc's in september for $60. Dark Below was lackluster, but I think Taken King will be great