main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Destiny of the Skywalkers I: Hope Renewed OT AU Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_BMK, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Title: Destiny of the Skywalkers Part I: Hope Renewed
    Author(s): Jedi_BMK
    Timeframe: OT
    Characters: Vader/Anakin, Padmé, Luke, Leia, Mara, Han, Obi-Wan
    Genre: AU, action, drama
    Keywords: L/M, H/L
    Summary: OT Era AU. On a routine trip to Alderaan, Darth Vader finds the wife he thought he lost and the daughter he never knew he had. This chance meeting alters the course of history and the path of the Skywalker family.
    Notes: First in a planned trilogy.

Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars. George Lucas does. This is his galaxy far, far away. I?m just playing around with my own little warped idea of what that galaxy could be like. I?m not making any money off of this. Please don?t sue me. I have no money (but you can have my debt if you?d like).

The prologue will be in the next post.

2. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    Prologue: Facing the Past

8 Years Post-ROTS

The Imperial Class Star Destroyer Devastator hung in orbit above Alderaan as its commanding officer prepared to board his shuttle. Darth Vader marched briskly through the hangar of his current flagship, refusing to acknowledge the troops assembled along his path. Vader?s cape billowed behind him as he stormed up the ramp of the shuttle prepared to take him to Alderaan?s surface. Routine inspection trips were beneath a Sith Lord and the Empire?s second-in-command. Vader knew that this was the Emperor?s way of reminding him of who was in charge. Whenever his apprentice got out of line, Palpatine made it a point to give him a task that could be completed by the most incompetent of bureaucrats. The Emperor did not appreciate any threats to this authority.

Vader made his way into the main cabin of the shuttle only to be reminded of his other duty. Not only did he have to perform a surprise weapons inspection on a pacifist planet, Darth Vader had to baby-sit. Vader would have tossed the insolent little red haired girl out the airlock at the outset of the trip if the Emperor wasn?t so fond of her. Instead, he had passed her along amongst the officers to teach them a lesson whenever they questioned him. They had been quite well behaved as of late, however, and Vader was stuck with the girl once more. He had quickly learned on the trip up to his flagship that if he ignored the girl?s questions, she quit asking after a while, so when the green eyed six year old asked the Dark Lord where they were going, Vader simply sat down in his seat and let the girl continue to swing her legs back and forth. If this trip to Alderaan was not worth his time he would be forced to make a move on the Emperor regardless of how ill-advised it may have been.

Padmé Skywalker sat in her daughter?s room, smiling as the eight year old girl showed her mother her doll collection once more. Leia was growing up so fast and Padmé regretted that likely one day this innocence would end. Someday, her daughter would be faced with the past that Padmé had been running from for eight years. In her attempts to remain hidden from the Empire, Padmé had been afforded little time to be with her daughter, instead staying sequestered in a nearby bedroom. Thankfully, Bail Organa and his wife had done their best to raise Leia in her parents? stead, even allowing Padmé the ability to monitor her daughter?s room from her own.

Seeing the daughter that looked so much like herself smile and turn to retrieve her newest doll, Padmé could not help but think of her other child. Did her little boy look like his father? Whenever she tried to picture Luke, she couldn?t help but see the little boy that she met in a junk shop on Tatooine. She didn?t even know where Obi-Wan had taken Luke after he was born. All she had was his promise that the boy would be taken care of and that Obi-Wan would teach the boy the ways of the Jedi when the time was right. Padmé could only hope Obi-Wan would have better luck with Luke than he had with his last student.

Padmé was pulled from her melancholy when the door to Leia?s room opened. She snapped her head to the side at the intrusion, but calmed when she saw that Bail was the one who had arrived. Her fears returned, however, when Padmé saw the worried look on the face of her old friend and former Senate colleague. Padmé stood to speak with the man as Leia looked on confused at the two adults in her room. Bail spoke without preamble. Time was not a luxury they had. ?The Empire is sending an inspection team to the surface as we speak. Vader is leading the team.?

Padmé?s eyes grew wide at the mention of Vader. Her past was coming for her today. She could only hope that her luck hadn?t run out yet. Padmé kneeled down and pulled her daughter into a tight hug. ?Leia, I?m sorry, but I have to go. I?ll come back as soon as I can. I love you.?

Leia had grown accustomed to her mother?s sudden departures over the years, although she wished that she could stay all the time. But

3. WhiteLadyofRohan

WhiteLadyofRohan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    Yay!!!! I love AUs!!! Nice beginning -- I can't wait for more!!! Anakin comes back, right? Please?

4. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Come on, quit teasing. Get the first chapter up. :)

S.

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Nice start. I don't know how Obi-Wan is going to react when Padme decides to tell Anakin about Luke.

6. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    That was a great start! I love this. Padme was very quick to bring Ani back out. Go Padme!

7. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Whoa! Padme took a real chance there, showing Leia to Anakin/Vader. Now will she tell him about Luke, especially if she still thinks he loves her? :D

Great start!

8. Bria921

Bria921 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2005
    Love ROTS fics. Exited for more!

9. baru-chan

baru-chan Jedi Master

Apr 4, 2003
    Me likes it! :D Will Vader find out about Luke? Will Mara and Leia become best friends? What will happen to Bail and the rest of Alderaan if Leia was brought along with Vader?

Do I ask too many questions?

Please update soon!

10. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    ...And so another one begins! =D=

Kat

11. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Yes... hhmmmm... this could change a few things...

12. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Good beginning! I like AU's like this. Anxious to see where you go with it.

13. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Reading ... and waiting!

14. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    WhiteLadyofRohan: Thank you. We'll get to Anakin's decision in time.

skywalker64089: I can't put up the first chapter until I get the prologue up. :p ;)

RebelMom: But note that Padme doesn't know where Luke is. [face_devil]

Senator_Leia73: Old Vader just needed a little love. That's all. ;)

GreatOne: She wasn't going to get anywhere playing it safe. And all I'm going to say for now about Luke is that he'll be in the next chapter.

Bria921: It's not actually going to stay in this time frame, but I hope you stick around.

baru-chan: Since I'll be answering all of those questions eventually, I wouldn't say it's too many.

Katarina42: That it does.

RedGold: But the more things change, the more they stay the same. :D

Jedi-2B: Thank you.

Rosh_Penin: I'll try not to keep you waiting too long.

Next post will be up tomorrow.

15. atg

atg Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Just found this. Very Interesting.

16. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    atg: Thank you.

Chapter 1: Will of the Force

10 Years Later

Leia Skywalker dropped out of hyperspace in her light transport, the Blue Flame, and immediately started looking over her scopes for any problems. A blind jump in the middle of a space battle was never good on any ship, even one her father designed. She preferred to fly in the sleek S-1 starfighter her father had built for her after learning to pilot, but the ship was too readily identified to be used in spy missions. Leia sighed and switched on her star charts.

In order to evade her pursuers, Leia had made the jump to hyperspace without the navigation computer. Something in the Force had called her to this point in space and she intended to find out what it was. Leia watched impatiently as the computer triangulated her position in space. The tan sphere she was looking at must have been well into the Outer Rim for her positioning to be taking this long. Leia turned to her companion for this trip. ?R2, can you speed this process up??

The little astromech beeped an annoyed affirmative before letting out a series of whistles. Leia shook her head as the translation of the droid?s sounds scrolled across her screen. ?I?m sorry I didn?t just ask you right away. I won?t make the mistake of doing that again.? After accepting her apology, R2 finally answered her query. ?Tatooine, huh? Looks like as good a place as any to set down and check over the hyperdrive.?

Leia finished the cool down cycle on her ship and undid the crash webbing on her seat. She stood and stretched her arms in the air, thankful to finally be free of the restraints. It had taken longer and more credits than expected to bribe her way into a decent docking bay, but she had managed to acquire a secure landing area without being robbed blind. Her parents had taught her how to negotiate rather well, even without the Force to back up her statements.

Leia made her way to the back of the ship with R2 following and opened up the panel for the hyperdrive. Without even being asked, R2 plugged himself into the hyperdrive?s computer and set to work. Leia smiled at the diligent droid. No wonder her father liked having him around so much. Leia turned for the exit. She needed some time outside of the recycled air of a starship. ?R2, finish running the diagnostics and do any repairs you can. I?ll be back in a few hours.?

Without waiting for the droid?s response, Leia made her way to her cabin. Mos Eisley?s reputation proceeded it and she wasn?t going to go out unprepared. Leia strapped on her holstered blaster pistol for show before clipping a lightsaber onto her belt. She grabbed a dark blue cloak from a hook on the wall and wrapped it around her simple flight suit. Assured by a check in the mirror that the cloak hid her lightsaber while still revealing the blaster at her side, Leia made her way for the ship?s ramp.

Entering the blazing heat outside the docking bay, Leia pulled up the hood of her cloak. There was no reason to draw any more attention than she had to. Her face was not likely to be recognized by anyone who would be looking for her on the Outer Rim, but it was better to play things safe. Leia made her way along the dusty streets of the spaceport, listening for anything of interest in the conversations around her. She stopped to look at some trinkets at one of the outdoor shops as two men came out of a nearby cantina. Leia perked up slightly as she heard one of the men yelling at the other ?I tell you, I saw the kid fly through a rock slide in Beggar?s Canyon. The boy was dead to rights, but he came out without a scratch. It?s like he knew it was coming.?

While she could tell that the man had been drinking and was likely exaggerating, Leia felt something in the Force at the man?s statement. Leia knew better than to write off her Force instincts. Besides, she still had plenty of time on Tatooine. No harm would come from checking out a rumor. And if her suspicions were true, she may have found a new recruit for their cause.

[hr]

Leia stoppe

17. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Ahhh. So brother and sister have their first 'encounter'. Good chapter. Can't wait until a certain someone else makes his appearance. ;)

18. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Search your feelings, Leia, you *know* it to be true!

19. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Leia doesn't seem to be a darkside user, so that must mean Anakin is back. I wonder what Obi-Wan will think of all this, and I doubt the emperor's happy.

20. JTRogue

JTRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    A great begining to another possible great novel from the mind of Jedi_BMK. Thanks I look forward to it's continuation.

21. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    GreatOne: Someone else? Like who? [face_thinking] :p

Rosh_Penin: Don't rush her. Things will be revealed in time.

JuniorPadawan: We'll just have to see if that is the case first.

JTRogue: Thanks. I appreciate the compliment.

Next post will be up tomorrow.

22. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Sweet so Leia lives with Vader and Padme. And she can use the force. :D And she has stumbled across Luke! Sweet!

23. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    I'm generally not a huge fan of AU but this story definitely intrigues me. You have a fabulous writing style that made me just want to keep reading. I can't wait to see where you take this story and how Luke and Leia first meet here and everything. Great idea!!!

24. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    Senator_Leia73: That would cover the basics, but there's a few details on the way which should make things interesting.

JediJainaSoloFel: Thank you. I'm glad you gave this a look. And we'll get to that meeting between the twins soon enough.

Chapter 2: Searching

As night fell over Mos Eisley, Leia made her way back into the docking bay where she was storing the Blue Flame. She was happy to be finding shelter from the hostile Tatooine night. Leia locked the door to the docking bay behind her and went up to the ramp of her ship. Calling on the Force to circumvent the dummy lock she had placed on the Blue Flame?s hatch, Leia soon made her way into the ship for the night.

Leia dropped off her cloak and weapons belt in her cabin before making her way to the back of the ship. She found R2 rolling around the maintenance area, doing routine checks and repairs. The droid stopped and turned his dome in Leia?s direction and beeped out a welcome. ?I take it from your behavior that everything checked out?? The little astromech whistled an affirmative before rolling to Leia?s side. ?Good. Now come up to the cockpit. I need a secure connection to the Academy.?

R2 whistled his assent and rolled after Leia as she walked down the ship?s corridor. Leia sat down in the pilot?s chair and flipped on the holonet transmitter as R2 plugged himself into the ship?s communication jack. After a few minutes of static, R2 finally beeped to Leia and the holo image began to coalesce. Leia was met with the smiling form of Mara Jade. ?Having fun out in the big bad galaxy??

Leia rolled her eyes at Mara?s remark. She thought of Mara as a younger sister after all their years of training together, but she wished the young woman wouldn?t act like one so often. ?My mission went well. I assume no one?s burned the place down in my absence.?

Mara gave Leia a wide grin, enjoying having someone to banter with once more. She would never admit it, but she missed Leia when she was gone. The Academy could be a lonely place when the other star pupil was missing. ?No, but not for lack of trying. I don?t know where your father finds half these guys. They behave like a bunch of wild adolescents.?

Leia narrowed her eyes at Mara?s comment before smirking at the red haired girl. She had set herself for this one. ?That?s because they are wild adolescents. In fact, so are you. And it doesn?t seem to stop you from flirting with them anyway.?

Mara just stuck her tongue out at Leia?s remark, lacking in a better retort. ?Not that I don?t enjoy the intelligent conversation, but why are you calling anyway??

?I was hoping to talk to my father. Could you get him for me??

?Sorry, he?s out on a mission.? Mara raised a curious eyebrow. Leia didn?t just call for her father for no reason. Something was going on. ?Why did you want him??

?I think I?ve found someone who would fit in pretty well at the Academy. I was hoping to get approval from him to dip into our funds and go on a recruiting drive.? Leia watched Mara expectantly, waiting for her inevitable comments. She wasn?t disappointed.

Mara gave Leia a satisfied smirk over the channel. She wasn?t going to get one past her. ?Don?t forget that I have dibs if he?s cute...and don?t tell me it?s not a he. I know you were trying to hide it from me.?

Leia rolled her eyes at Mara?s reaction. For some reason, she didn?t feel any attraction to the boy she had seen in spite of what she had seen. ?Don?t worry. He?s all yours. But first, I need to get permission to bring him in.?

?Right, let me get your mother.? Mara?s image disappeared from the holofield as she went of to find Padmé. After a few silent moments, the holofield formed into a smiling image of Leia?s mother. Leia returned her mother?s smile before the older woman got down to business.

?Mara filled me in on what?s going on. Do you think this boy?s worth the effort??

Leia nodded, remembering the raw potential she had felt in the pilot that afternoon. ?I haven?t spoken to him yet, but I could feel him call

25. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Is Padme not in the least suspicious about who this boy might be? Does she not know her son is on Tatooine? :eek:

Nice chapter. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.