main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Destiny of the Skywalkers I: Hope Renewed OT AU Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_BMK, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great to see it back.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

2. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Yey an update :) :D

Can't wait for the next bit! Will Han be showing up soon? I feel in my bones that he might!!! ;)

3. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up.

(Hoping we won't have to wait five months for the next update) [face_praying]

4. Gama_212

Gama_212 Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2004
    Up

Up[/color]

5. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    JediMasterRev: I couldn't leave Leia out when Alderaan was in danger, could I?

zvalarens: Thank you. There will be more soon. I'll try to remember to PM you, but I'm rather lousy at remembering to do that.

RebelMom: Yeah, when learning to be a Jedi under Anakin's supervision, she's bound to become a pretty good pilot.

Shinar: If it helps any, I had to reread the whole thing to start writing it again.

Ladynaye: Well, thank you.

mavjade: I knew someone was bound to get a kick out of that exchange.

AussieGrrl: Thank you. And you'll see which if any of those possibilities you were considering turn out right in the next post.

RedGold: Thank you.

pat_skywalker39: Thanks.

JTRogue: You should get more opportunites in the near future since my time seems to be clearing up to allow more writing.

ccp: Thank you.

skywalker64089: Thanks. I rather enjoyed writing all that banter as a matter of fact.

TorontoJediMaster: Thanks. And not five months before an update. About a week.

Diamond_Revelation: Han will pop back up before the story ends. In what capacity only I know right now.

Gama_212: Thanks.

I'll have the next post up sometime tomorrow. What time will depend on when I finally manage to drag myself out of bed.

6. Lord_Redav

Lord_Redav Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    Another great update, Jedi_BMK. Though it's somewhat hard to believe that with Anakin's skills, he would miss. Letting Luke save day, eh?

7. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Lord_Redav: Anakin did his job. It's Luke's turn now.

Chapter 34: Trench Run

The quartet of X-Wings led by Luke had only been following the path of the Death Star?s trench for a matter of seconds when the group of modified TIE fighters led by Darth Venix dropped in behind them. Noticing this on his scope, Luke let out a long breath and closed his eyes for a moment. He hoped that the Force would be Wedge, Biggs and Mara as they stood in a direct path between him and the Dark Lord. And that the Force would be with him as well. ?We have company. Watch yourself! Increase speed full throttle and adjust your shields.?

?My scope shows the tower, but I can?t see the exhaust port. Are you sure the computer can hit it?? The sound of Wedge?s voice caused Luke to glance over at the targeting display as it rapidly ticked off the distance at which Luke would take the shot. The computer had to hit it. Luke took a deep breath and was about to respond, but Mara beat him to it.

?You worry about those fighters. We?ll worry about the tower.? Mara grit her teeth in frustration, unable to do anything. She couldn?t fly up with Luke or else neither of them would be able to make the shot. But she couldn?t drop back to help Biggs and Wedge either without leaving herself vulnerable to the two Hands that were flying support for Venix and taking away one of Luke?s layers of security. All she could do was fly and hope the Force was with them, and that grated on Mara to no end. She wanted to do something! Mara was about to growl in her frustration when she heard Luke?s voice come over the comm with a hint of panic.

?R2, that stabilizer?s broken loose again! See if you can?t lock it down.? Mara watched for a moment as the little astromech futilely attempted to grab the stabilizer and weld it back into place. From his perch, it was virtually impossible for R2 to accomplish his task. But it wouldn?t stop the droid from trying. And it finally gave Mara something to do. Ignoring the steadily approaching fighters, Mara reached out in the Force and let one hand off the control stick. She found the stabilizer in the Force and secured it right where R2 had repeatedly tried to position the part for welding. The droid immediately shot his welding arm into place at this opportunity and completed his task.

?Stabilizer?s locked down, Skywalker. Open up that throttle a little more.? Luke shot forward with an extra burst of speed just as a flash of green shot along the side of the trench. Mara turned around just in time to see Wedge lose one of his engines. The X-Wing could still fly, but there was not way he would be able to keep pace with the others. They would either have to lose Wedge or slow themselves down to accommodate his loss of speed and maneuverability. That would cost them time they didn?t have. Wedge obviously recognized that fact as his voice crackled over the comm.

?I?m hit! I can?t stay with you.?

?Get clear, Wedge. You can?t do any more good back there.? Wedge immediately responded to Luke?s command and brought his fighter up out of the trench. The Imperials chasing them were obviously more intent on those in the trench, however, as they tightened up their formation and sped up for another attack run, ignoring the wounded fighter that was limping away.

Mara found her attention split between the fighters to the front and rear of her. She was worried about Biggs, even though she knew first hand that he was a good pilot from the way he had handled himself thus far. It would take more than a good pilot to keep a Sith Lord from landing a shot in his situation, however. It would take a Jedi and even then a good deal of luck would be needed in the confines of the trench. Although she wanted nothing more than to help Biggs out, their best hope was to speed along and hope Luke could get in range before Venix caught up. Destroying the Death Star was the only thing that mattered.

?Hurry, Luke, they?re coming in much faster this time. I can?t hold them!? Mara bit out a Huttese curse she had overheard Anakin use in t

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Somethings change, some stay the same. Alas poor Biggs is no more.

Something goes Boom? I wonder what that will be. :D

*makes popcorn*

9. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Well, I guess with Luke, Mara, and Anakin in that trench, the thing that goes BOOM will be the Death Star. [face_whistling]

EDIT- Oh, Leia's in there, too! :D

10. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    HAHA Venix got pwned by Ani!! Whoohoo!! Leia is there in the trench as well. More soon!!

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    You updated? ...You updated! Yay! :)

Good post! Liked it!

*sits down and waits in eager anticipation for something to go... BOOM!*

Gee, I wonder what that could be? :D

12. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Great chapter BMK!! Its nice to have you back

Hum I wonder what could be going BOOM ;)

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great Chapter!

I kinda had the vague hope that Biggs would live, but if it had to happen, then it had to happen!

Boom? Big Boom? :p

I can't wait for more!

14. mara13

mara13 Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2005
    ok just so you know this is marajade113 i had to get a new one i forgot my password....lol. this is getting better and better with every post i read. i cant wait for more...[face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] plz let there be more i cant wait for it and i dont think i can wait that long either becuase i will have nothing to do after my finals on thursday and friday.
    ~MARA JADE SKYWALKER~

15. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Yes!! Anakin & Leia just cleared the fighters off Luke's tail. I hope Anakin goes and finishes off Venix while he has the chance. Poor Biggs, all the extra help and he still gets vaped. Mara's ship's probably not gonna fly again, but if she's safe, all the better.

16. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Augh! I missed posts!

Chapter 33: TIE Advanceds! Woo-hoo! (Almost) the pride of the Imperial Navy! :D

Ahem ... yes. Bad news for our heroes, but I have faith in Mara and Luke.

Chapter 34: Oh no! Biggs is dead! :eek: That poor boy rarely gets a break, does he? At least Mara seems to be OK - and the shot went in!

The shot did go in, didn't it? o_O

(Oh, by the way, at the start of Chapter 34, you wrote 'hoped that the Force would be Wedge, Biggs and Mara'. Whilst the Force binds us all, perhaps that should be 'hoped that the Force would be with Wedge, Biggs and Mara'? ;) )

17. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I bet the Death Star goes Boom.

18. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Very exciting. You described the action extremely well and I liked how you incorporated Mara's perspective into the scene we all probably know by heart. I really liked at the end that Anakin had been the one to disrupt the Sith attackers from finishing off Luke. Very nicely done. Looking foward to reading about the Death Star going BOOM! :)

19. Lord_Redav

Lord_Redav Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    Alas, it's not Vader that goes flying into space this time. Waiting for your next post.

20. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Nice incorporation of Mara into the trench run.

I liked how she was able to sense Luke's feelings when Biggs got killed. I'm figuring she knew that he and Biggs had known each other from their youth on Tatooine.

Strange that Venix allowed his wingman to take the shot -that it was unlike a Sith. I wonder if there's something deeper behind that.

Can't wait for the next post.

21. marajade113

marajade113 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2005
    =D= I LOVE this story....[:D] [:D] [:D] [face_dancing] its great...keep this up on the next two...i cant wait for them.i finally found my password for this one...lol. hey i cant wait for more...am i gonna have to beg for the next chapter???? and the "boom" would that be the death star?????
    ~mara~

22. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Venix dying by shrapnel from the Death Star would be cool. Double cool if it was a piece of the superlaser.

23. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Welcome Back! Super job and I to think that it will be the Death Star that goes boom. I like how you put the battle over Alderaan enstead of Yavin. Keeps us on our toes. Could you please put me on your PM list because sometimes I loose stories that I really don't want to miss any post on. Thanks and Happy Holiday!!@};-

24. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    HI,

new reader to the story here :D
    First to the this point of the story must say nice AU.
    love the "dialogs" of the Anakin and Obi-Wan (poor OB, the force has put on him heavy burden - first to train Anakin and is this wasn't enough, then Luke and Mara)

Looking fovard to the BIG BOOM *plugs the computer picture into the TV*

Hope that Yoda will make the apperances ( maybe family vacation to the Dagoba )
    and what has the big bad Palpy on his big sleev????[face_thinking]

If you have the update PM list, would like to be included :)[face_blush]

25. motoish

motoish Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    Hi,

g
    Great fic. Could you put me on the pm list?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.