Saga Destiny of the Skywalkers I: Hope Renewed OT AU Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_BMK, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master

star 4
    Great exchange between Mara and Luke. It shows patience. I have seen other AU writters have them lip lock a bit too soon. Glad to see you are posting again. I thought I was going to have to add you to the graveyard of Fanfics that I thought I would never see again.
  2. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
    Great update!

Hopefully Mara will help Luke out.

3. JediMasterRev Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice to see this back and going. Great update. Look forward to reading more soon!
  4. Ladynaye Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice to see an update to this wonderful fic! Too bad about Alderran.
  5. Feng_Huang Jedi Knight

star 2
    Glad to see this story back
  6. Matt-Darklighter Jedi Knight

star 1
    this story is great, and i would like to be added to the pm list for when it carries on, but it seems to slowing in pace, please update soon

Matt
  7. ikarit Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just read through this entire fic, and I have to say that it's amazing! Please PM me when you update?
  8. Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master

star 4
    Up-- -- drive by upping-- any update coming?
  9. Darth_Drachonus Force Ghost

star 3
    Add me to the update list please
  10. DancesWithBlasters Force Ghost

star 4
    I just read this whole thing, and it's incredible! I hope you come back and update again!
  11. voxynking Jedi Knight

star 1
    Somehow I missed the last post. Don't know how. What a great post it is. Looking forward to the last post and hopefully you will have time to wright and post them. Hopefully your boss is nice and give's you some time to relax. Update soon.
  12. pat_skywalker39 Force Ghost

star 2
    how about a new post for this story?!?
  13. Teresa Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I just found this story and enjoyed reading it very much! I'm glad the Rebels took out the Death Star, but it doesn't suprise me that Palpy would invade and take revenge in that fashion. Thanks for writing such a detailed story....your characterizations are excellent, and I'm looking forward to the future chapters and/or sequels. Take care, and bye! :D =D=
  14. jayazekk18 Jedi Knight

star 1
    just read this story so good
  15. Claudiamel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

This story is great!!!!!
    Please update soon [face_praying]
  16. ImperialRemnant Jedi Knight

star 1
    This fic is really really good, I would really like to see where the story goes from here.

UP!
  17. Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Master

star 4
    loved it. could you please add me to you pm list?
  18. Darthme1011 Force Ghost

update soon and pm me when it happens
  19. NickStarwalker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Up! Please return and update this story!
  20. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    just keeping this thread alive in case the writer ever returns
  21. Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master

star 4
    A fine suggestion... Any update planned? if not can we have the cliff notes on how the story would have ended.
  22. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I saw Jedi_BMK posted in another fanfic today so I am hoping that means he is back for awhile.

Here's an UP to help him realize we want a new post soon!
  23. Jedi_BMK Jedi Master

star 4
    I promise everyone I am not dead and appreciate that people have kept this one alive during my disappearance. I had no intention of taking nearly a year and a half to write the final chapter, but DRL had other ideas. However, my life has finally settled down and a marathon viewing of both trilogies this weekend has resparked my muse. I don't know when I'll be able to get on a regular posting schedule and doubt I'll be able to return to the prolific rate I once posted at. However, I have the two sequels to this story fully outlined plus another fic I'm working on fully outlined and have a rabid and ambitious plot bunny that I want to give some attention.

Now onto the much belated replies:

RebelMom : They both have good support networks to help them get through this rough patch.

Ocelotl_Nesto: Not in the graveyard quite yet though I don't blame you for thinking that it may end up there. Your bumps are very much appreciated.

ccp: Thank you. I'm sure Mara will lend a hand.

JediMasterRev: It may not have been soon, but more is on the way.

Ladynaye: An invaded Alderaan beats a destroyed one at least.

Feng_Huang: Thank you.

Matt-Darklighter: Thanks. Sorry about the slow posting rate.

ikarit: Your support is much appreciated.

DancesWithBlasters: I'm back now with more coming soon.

voxynking: I finally found time to write the last post. We won't go into that boss I was referring to though.

pat_skywalker39: Better late than never on the new post. (I hope)

Teresa: You're too kind.

jayazekk18: Thank you.

Claudiamel_Skywalker: Thanks.

ImperialRemnant: Slowly but surely, you will see where the story goes.

Tatooine_Ghost: Thank you.

Darthme1011: Thanks.

NickStarwalker: I have returned and I will update shortly.

Jedi_Liz: Thanks for keeping this alive even after all this time.

I have the last chapter of this one written and I want to give it a little polishing before I post it tonight. Then I'm going to try to get some work done on the sequel as well as catch up on some of the fics I missed in my absence to get the creative juices flowing.
  24. Jedi_BMK Jedi Master

star 4
    And now the (very) long awaited final chapter...

Chapter 37: Hope

Luke stood alone in one of the training rooms, lightsaber ablaze before him. He shifted his balance and snapped the blue blade in a wide arc to deftly deflect a rapid trio of stun bolts fired of by the training room hovering a couple meters away. Luke had attempted to meditate, but was unable so instead he had opted for a more physical activity. Focusing on the remote helped him push out the thoughts swirling in his mind.

Hours before the Rebellion had given him a medal for courage in battle. But he had a hard time looking at it that way. Luke had done more than just destroy a weapon. He had killed all the people on board. They never even had a chance to save their own lives. Luke became so lost in his thoughts that he didn?t notice a barrage of stun bolts until it was too late, taking two in the thigh and letting out a frustrated yelp. His frustration was compounded when he saw Obi-Wan watching him from the entryway of the room. Yet another thing he failed to notice.

Sensing his student?s troubled thoughts, Obi-Wan reached out with the Force and called the remote to him. While he was pleased with the maturity Luke was showing in recognizing the consequences of his action, the Jedi Master knew it was dangerous for Luke to detach himself and enter a state of self pity. War was simpler when Obi-Wan was facing droid armies.

Luke shut off his lightsaber and watched Obi-Wan cross the room but remained tense and anxious. He had been unable to relax throughout the day and had nothing more than fitful sleep punctuated by nightmares the night before. The stress could be seen in Luke?s eyes as they appeared dull and red. Obi-Wan simply placed his arm around Luke?s shoulders and guided him to a bench at the side of the room. Luke took the silent cue to sit down and Obi-Wan joined him. ?You can?t let your guilt consume you.?

Luke half heartedly nodded, more acknowledging that he heard his teacher?s words than taking them in. Obi-Wan quickly recognized this and moved to face look eye to eye. ?Luke. Listen to me. I know this is hard. I?ve been through more battles than I care to recall and made many decisions that I know took lives. But you must look at the greater good. You saved a whole planet. Billions of innocent people. An entire culture. Not to mention you have given a sense of hope that the Empire can be defeated that we haven?t seen since its inception.?

?You cannot let your negative feeling control you. Don?t let yourself go down the path to fear and anger. The path to the Dark Side.? Luke took a deep breath before nodding. Obi-Wan could feel the dark cloud around Luke breaking up and his mouth formed into a small smile. ?Trust in the Force and you won?t go astray and always remember which side you are on. Now take the rest of the day to yourself and get some sleep. We can resume your training tomorrow after you?re more rested. And find something positive to focus on.?

Luke stood up and gave Obi-Wan a sleepy thankful before making his way to the door. As he exited, Mara entered for her next lesson and Obi-Wan saw a smile finally cross Luke?s face. He silently said to no one but himself, ?That will work.?

Leia was taking a walk around the base to clear her mind of what happened on Alderaan, not paying any mind to where she was going. She was roused from her line of thought by the sound of a familiar voice and noticed she was practically on top of the Millennium Falcon. She looked over to discover the voice that has roused her was that of Han Solo directing his co-pilot as they loaded up their cargo. Leia was flustered because she had thought that perhaps the smuggler would stick around though she had no reason to think otherwise. ?So you?re just going to take your money and run??

Han placed the crate he was lifting into the Falcon?s hold and turned to face Leia. He flashed her a crooked smile and leaned against the cargo. ?That?s right. What good are credits if you don?t get to spend them? Besides, I h/>
  25. Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master

star 4
    Great to see your Muse has arrived. I look forward to the next segment. I liked that Anakin was lost in thought. It was rather amusing.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.