main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Destiny of the Skywalkers Part II: Splintered Paths OT AU (L/M A/P H/L) Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_BMK, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    HMMM... typical Jedi behavior, deny feelings, get frustrated when you have them... Sith cut of limbs because you are distracted...

Now he will talk to Yoda... Like Yoda knows anything about relationships.

2. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Poor Luke, wrestling with himself like this. I hope he too can find peace. Poor Mara too, having to lose Luke on top of all the rest of the crap she's dealt with. Very poignant parting ... he'd better return to her after that.

3. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    Luke better come back to Mara:mad:

Can't wait for part III!!!!!

4. Controller

Controller Jedi Knight

Dec 13, 2007
    Awesome story, can't wait for the next part.

5. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    That was a rough way to end the second act. All the Skywalkers have taken off on lonely trips to deal with what they think as private demons. They are not understanding that these demons also effect the ones closes too them and love them the most. Maybe they will all run into each other and end up in rehab. Someone should of planned an intervention. I know!! Yoda could be interventionist. Can not wait for part three, Super job as always.@};-

6. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Luke finally turned to her, but he did not look her in the eye. His head hung and his voice was tentative as if he didn't trust it. "We can't have this. No, I can't have this. He tried to warn me, but I wouldn't listen."

Mara grabbed Luke by the chin and forced him to look her in the eyes. He would not throw her away that easily. They had come too far. "Luke, stop this! Let me help you!"

A defiant fire came to his eyes. The distinct look of a Skywalker who had made up his mind. It infuriated Mara to see it directed at her in this way. "Then let me leave."

Luke tried to step away, but Mara blocked his path. He tried to more times, but the fiery redhead refused to back down. Finally, Luke stopped and stared Mara down. "No. I'm here. Your sister is here. Your parents will be back soon. We all love you. I love you more than I thought was possible. We can get through this. We can get through anything."

Mara was not expecting the embrace that Luke wrapped her in. She felt a tear fall on her head and realized that she was sobbing against his shoulder as well. How had it come to this? Luke's voice was shaky when he finally spoke. "I love you too. And that is why I have to go. I won't let them use our love against me. Not again."

:_|

Beautifully written. @};- =D= I'm really looking forward to the next part! Wonderful job!! =D=[:D]

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    well, at least two weeks isn't as long as three years.......
    Put me on the PM list for part 3

8. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Piper057: Is it the Skywalker thing or a Male thing - to leave Force knows where when there is a woman nearby who loves you, needs you and will protect you, Dark Side be damned?

I'm going to say both.

Looks like only the girls and Lando remained to save Han and Chewie.

That will change before then though. [face_whistling]

Shall we see Xizor?

No plans to use Xixor in the sequel, sorry.

Ocelotl_Nesto: Now he will talk to Yoda... Like Yoda knows anything about relationships.

Yeah, Yoda's not the best relationship counselor. Luke will need to figure things out himself I think.

ZebulaNebula: Poor Luke, wrestling with himself like this. I hope he too can find peace. Poor Mara too, having to lose Luke on top of all the rest of the crap she's dealt with. Very poignant parting ... he'd better return to her after that.

Neither of them are in a good place after that. Then again, I'm not sure they'll necessarily be in a better place when the sequel starts. In fact, it may be worse, but they will see each other again of course.

Jedi_QueenBee: Luke better come back to Mara

But will she want him back after what he just pulled?

Controller: Thanks.

JEDIFLYSWATTER: All the Skywalkers have taken off on lonely trips to deal with what they think as private demons.

I did take the Splintered Paths title pretty literally throughout.

Someone should of planned an intervention. I know!! Yoda could be interventionist.

[face_laugh] Then again, Yoda's partly to blame for this mess since it was his teachings that influenced Luke to leave. Perhaps an Obi-Wan Force ghost would do a better job. [face_thinking]:p

dancing_star: Thank you.

Jedi_Liz: well, at least two weeks isn't as long as three years.......

That's certainly true. Then again, it looks likely that it will ultimately be six years for me to finish this trilogy so I suppose I'm right on track for that sort of schedule. [face_blush]

The sequel will begin sometime late next week. I'm targeting Thursday or Friday for Chapter 1. Unless I hear otherwise, I will assume that anyone on the PM list for this will want to be on the PM list for the sequel since it continues the same story.

Current PM list:
    ccp
    ZebulaNebula
    Ocelotl_Nesto
    dancing_star
    DarthVaderette
    Iverna
    JEDIFLYSWATTER
    Darth_Drachonus
    Jedi_Liz
    EGKenobi
    voxynking
    cggunnersmate
    bkwrm752003
    Jedi42
    marajade208
    Jingocat
    Senjuto
    Controller
    lost_lauries_grapes
    InsaneIsta

Let me know if you want to be added or removed. By the way, if I hit the point where it bounces back that I can't send any more messages to your account, I'm going to go ahead and drop you from the list.

9. Teresa

Teresa Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2007
    Sighs........ I hope that Luke and Anakin can work this out soon! And what of Leia, Padme, and Mara? They have their own pain to get through as well! Leia also had her brief taste of darkness, but she's focusing on saving Han and Chewie. Here's hoping that she doesn't become obsessed in her mission: her father could tell her where that sort of thing might lead. It just seems like Luke and Anakin are forgetting that they're only human. As long as they learn from the experience and how to deal with their darker emotions and impulses Venix and the dark side can be defeated. Sometimes it seems as if the Jedi have set an impossible standard for themselves and then are suprised when someone fails. Darkness is something that touches everyone, force sensative or not, and acting as though you are doommed to be evil because you lose control briefly is counterproductive. It's setting someone up for a fall; and that fall may be worse because of that impossible standard. You might decide that there's no point in attempting to correct your mistake because being evil is your "destiny". Maybe it is, maybe it isn't; deciding that you're bound to one situation because of one specific action is wrong. But anyway, as always I enjoyed your story! Here's looking ahead to the next one! :D

10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Can you put me on the PM list for the new story? Thanks!

11. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Teresa: Sighs........ I hope that Luke and Anakin can work this out soon! And what of Leia, Padme, and Mara? They have their own pain to get through as well! Leia also had her brief taste of darkness, but she's focusing on saving Han and Chewie. Here's hoping that she doesn't become obsessed in her mission: her father could tell her where that sort of thing might lead. It just seems like Luke and Anakin are forgetting that they're only human.

Yeah. No one is in a good place at the moment. I'll see if I can't start to remedy that when the sequel begins.

JediMara77: Can you put me on the PM list for the new story? Thanks!

Consider it done.

The first post of the sequel will be up Thursday or Friday. Unless I hear otherwise, I will assume that anyone on the PM list for this will want to be on the PM list for the sequel since it continues the same story. This is your last chance to say otherwise.

Current PM list:
    ccp
    ZebulaNebula
    Ocelotl_Nesto
    dancing_star
    DarthVaderette
    Iverna
    JEDIFLYSWATTER
    Darth_Drachonus
    Jedi_Liz
    EGKenobi
    voxynking
    cggunnersmate
    bkwrm752003
    Jedi42
    marajade208
    Jingocat
    Senjuto
    Controller
    lost_lauries_grapes
    InsaneIsta
    JediMara77

Let me know if you want to be added or removed. By the way, if I hit the point where it bounces back that I can't send any more messages to your account, I'm going to go ahead and drop you from the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.