main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Destiny: Random Elements Challenge #5 (oneshot) (Mace, Beru, Luke)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JuniorPadawan, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Random Elements Challenge
    Challenge 5:
    April 1, 2005
    Mace Windu and Beru Whitesun Lars :: Restaurant :: "What am I going to do with you?"

Disclaimer: I don't own StarWars and I don't have any money. In fact I've just been put on financial hold by my University for $570.40. Darth Real Life stinks.

Destiny
    By: JuniorPadawan

Mace Windu, Jedi Master and Council member looked out of the large window beside him at the ever flowing traffic of a planet city that never slept. Usually he found the view from his favorite restaurant to be calming, as he imagined the flow of traffic to be the flow of the Force. But like tonight's traffic, Mace's thoughts were anything but calm. Taking a small sip from his drink, Mace allowed himself a single sigh and closed his eyes. Today's council session had not gone well. "If only Qui-Gon wasn?ft so stubborn," he thought. Desperately Mace queried the Force for the correct path, but was once again heralded with nothing. Opening his eyes, he was just in time to watch the traffic smash into each other. Mace shook his head. "If they had only paid more attention to those around them instead of what they were trying to do, none of this would have happened.' A sudden chill overcame him as if the Force was giving him a warning, but he quickly tossed the feeling aside as a slight draft in the old restaurant. Unbidden, the image of a young sandy-haired blue eyed boy that had stood next to Qui-Gon filled his thoughts. "What am I going to do with you?"

Beru Whitesun Lars watched her young charge with a slight smile. Today was his seventh birthday, and she had promised to take him to his favorite restaurant in Anchorhead. With the normal exuberance of youth, Luke sat as straight as he could in the speeder and spread his arms wide, imagining that he was flying high above the ground. His joy was suddenly cut short as Luke turned his head to the right and noticed a lone broken speeder not too far in the distance.

"Aunt Beru... we have to help him," he pleaded, pulling at the cloth of her sleeve.

"Luke, we don't know who he is. He could try to rob us."

"He won't," he stated confidently, as if he could somehow sense it.

With a sigh, Beru turned their speeder and flew towards the broken one. Before she had even shut off the engine, Luke had jumped out of the speed and ran towards the elderly man sitting next to the broken speeder.

"Hi, I'm Luke Skywalker. Are you okay?"

The man smiled tiredly. "I thought no one would come and rescue me."

Beru sighed. It looked like they weren't going to make their one o'clock reservation, but she couldn't get mad at the boy. It was just the way Luke was, forever going out of his way to help people. "What am I going to do with you?" she asked quietly to herself with a broad smile and a touch of pride. Somehow she knew that this was his destiny.

For other challenges and the original posting of this story http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=18623906

2. CapNJaxWench

CapNJaxWench Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Interesting start! :D

I hope you'll be posting more very soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.