main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Off the top of my head, I'm keeping the OG Khvostov, OG character gear, VoG and CE raid gear and weapons and the exotics and purples I care for or that will undoubtedly still be part of the meta. Even with the planetary mats I'm stockpiling as well as other random shaders and crap I should have at least a page free for each vault tier. The question is though, what will happen to the glimmer and mote giving mats (og raid shards/energy, ether seeds and the like). I'm thinking of "cashing" all of that stuff the day prior to launch...

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    • Keep *anything* that gives glimmer.
    • Store all bounties, which give 3k+ experience (will help upgrading weapons/armour)
    • Boost all factions to the edge of packages, but *do not* get any packages before RoI
    • Unwanted legendary gear = free marks. DO NOT DISMANTLE
    • Current vendor weapons/gear will be replaced. So buy anything you want now.
    • Heavy weapon ammo and 3oCs are a must from Xur

3. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    But...but...I've been waiting forever to get a Longbow or Shadowprice, and RNGeezus keeps spitting in my face. Be reasonable.

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Got both :p and a god roll on Shadowprice :p

Plus, got a fourth Grasp of Malok - perfect balance, counter balance and spray and play

5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I hate you. :p

I got several Grasps from that last Nightfall and the only one I kept has a very similar roll to yours: Red Dot ORS, Counterbalance, Fitted Stock/Smallbore and Spray and Play. I don't know, but for my money I prefer rocking that to a Hawksaw.

DanielUK likes this.
  6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, patch notes are out and those weapon changes....

Really, really, really brutal stuff. Universal Remote, 100 yard, Longbow and ToM = RIP.

Sidearms are the new meta.

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    What, what did they do??

8. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Ok, I've seen a few videos regarding the changes to some exotics. I agree that the changes to Thorn and ToM seem extremely capricious, especially since they're weapons that could hardly be consisted part of the meta. In fact, it could be argued that ToM's main purpose was as boss staggerer or killer in the last stage of King's Fall. And ever since April that purpose had been diminished with the light level increase; any weapon could easily kill the bosses at the end of KF. As far as pvp is concerned, I've never, ever run across any Defender Titans running around with ToM. So again...wtf? However, other exotics are getting dime much needed love and, overall, the changes seem to be in the positive side.

I couldn't play yesterday at all, Bungie apparently took their sweet time with the servers. The new loot table is now in play and if you have the grace of RNGeezus, your may be able to decode an exotic special engram to get the new exotic sidearm, if one didn't drop from you in the wild.

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm 374 on my main.

Story was great, but the raid was meh (story wise) - came across as "do this, just because...". The raid is fun, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't the climax to the story. The campaign ended it.

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I haven't done the raid yet; couldn't play much of last week and my main is just into the low 350s. But yes, the raid is the conclusion of the story in the sense that you take out the head Fallen Slicer honcho behind the crisis. Shiro mentioned him in the campaign, where you only manage to finish the Iron Lords' mission and destroy the SIVA replication chamber.

Still, I was kinda hoping that the big bad would be Rasputin. That Warmind-not-a-Warmind-anymore is definitely not an ally and, well, he DID kill Saladin's buddies with the SIVA.

TX-20 likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    382 now.

Should hit max light with Iron Banner this week. Game mode is Supremacy, so get those shotguns out.

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I just made it into 370. Woo-hoo. [face_plain]

The grind is real. Hopefully IB will be quite rewarding. And it's Supremacy, so it's off to a good start.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Hit 386 with my Titan. Hunter is 381, just need to work on my Warlock (sitting 372). Got my Thorn; ran with it in Iron Banner, on my Hunter, and it held up very well post-nerf. Works really well with a Nightstalker. Completed the team player bounty in a single match.

Hit Rank 5 on both Titan and Hunter. It's crazy easy this time around. Took me four hours to get both off them to max rank.

Oh, and RNG has been smiling on me. All elemental shotguns, with final round and hammer forge. And two perfect rolls on autorifles - one of them has counter balance and perfect balance. 100% Doctrine build.

[​IMG]

15. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Gaiz I need help....

Gaiz seriously...

Rise of Iron came out and I'm mainlining it daily....

I've stopped playing witcher 3, pkmn go, pkmn xy for my last gen dex completion, wind waker, and skyward sword for this.

Why destiny....why....

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I've mainlined Destiny for the past year and I'm fine.

No...no I'm not.

@DanielUK, the only primary I got was the AR. Twice. I simply hated it and infused them into my main scouts. I haven't used my alts at all since release. I think I'll take them out this weekend to see if I have another chance at the scout.

Are you on Xbox or PSN?

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
  18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm on XBOX One.

Gonna grind IB now. Hit Rank 5 will all three. IF loot drops 385+, I can get my Warlock to max level too.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I am so behind it's not even funny. And yet, when the hard raid drops and people are at 400 before Halloween, whatever will they do with themselves for the next year so before Destiny 2 comes out?

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I've started to play more PVP. I rarely going under a positive KD now.

Got my first phantom the other day and reign of terror.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Anyone got the "I'll do it myself" medal? I've bag it only three times - you more or less how to go OP. According to Reddit, the requirements are:

1. Be on winning team
    2. Finish first on the fireteam
    3. Most kills overall
    4. Most crests overall
    5. Most denies overall.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I got it a few times but I'm pretty certain I wasn't on the winning team at times.

This IB was ridiculously good and just plain ridiculous. I mean, I took the Titan I had shelved before ROI and got him to level 5 in just a couple of hours! Titan Master Race indeed. And the loot. Ye gods, the loot. Simply yummylicious. Too bad the rolls on the stuff I got were less than optimal. The scout rifle seems like it'd be a beast with some extremely good rolls. I mostly used the raid AR because, hot damn, it's just that good.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The Pulse is crazy. Plus, the handcannon is capable of getting a fatebringer roll.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Only thing I'm missing from the Festival is the trials emblem and Devil Ghost.

The shaders are among the best I've seen so far.

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Haven't played yet today. But knowing how much RNGeezus hates me, I'm seriously considering actually spending a few more bucks for some of those masks and emotes. The thriller dance shan't escape me this year.