main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, I get you. I'm not the biggest pvp fan so every time I don't dip into the Crucible on a regular basis, I'm destroyed. Takes me days to get into a groove where I can end up most matches with a positive k/d or even dream to attempt dipping into the quagmire that is Trials.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Well that took no time at all to get sidearm from end reward. A much better roll then vendor to.. I won't use it in pvp. I stick with shotty or sniper in Crucible. I like sidearms against the dumb AI in pve. Nice to see the 2. And 3. Kd slowly coming back to me.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I hate the new matchmaking.

Worse in PVP; not getting full teams and usually paired up with awful players. PVE is bad, too. Strikes are becoming too annoying thanks to repeatedly getting players, who don't know what to do. Still prefer a solo option for strikes.

4. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I haven't played since IB ended last time. New MM? Did they update since last IB?

5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    It was a matchmaking update they issued a few months back, to tweak connection quality over skill. If you ask me though, hardly anything has changed except lenghtier game search queues across all modes. There's still plenty of redbar warriors across all modes. Between that, the diminishing population and the current meta, plenty of folks are patiently waiting for next week's balance patch to see if they care to visit the Crucible again....

...and no doubt many will be disappointed and find new reasons to bitch and moan

6. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Oh yeah I remember it. Thought I may have missed an update not having my cable plugged in. I didn't notice a thing at the time.

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, the update loads itself anytime it goes live and you log in. Again, the only noticeable thing for me is the longer wait times in orbit. Gameplay and connection quality remain the same (subpar), and will probably remain so until Activision stops being so damn cheap and provides dedicated servers.

8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Is the next update going to be on 14th? Is that IB week or are they making plans to redo Crimson Doubles Duo event?

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    No, Crimson Duo/Days is not coming back. They announced this awhile back. Neither is IB. The only thing to look forward come 2/14 is the next weapon nerf patch. Yay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

10. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Destiny is one of my favourite games, played it a lot and enjoy both the multiplayer and story mode and the other week, I actually made it to the top of the mountain on the IB hub!! It took me ages, and to be greeted with a measly bonfire! It was a pretty good view though, my sister could not do it and gave up and just got me to send a picture to her of what was up there. It is a great game though :)

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    How is the update going today? I got it done earlier but didn't play any.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

Hope you did grab the SIVA fragment up there. It's hard to miss but it'd be a shame if you had to climb all the way up again to get it.

13. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016

I did get it :)

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Did IB start today?

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    No IB for February. Strange but true. Maybe Bungo is waiting for more data on the patch to see if they're gonna have to tweak things in a hurry before doing another IB.

TBH, at this point, I care very little for IB. I have all the loot and weapons I want. But I'd be genuinely excited if Efrideet offered again gear and weapons from both Y1 and Y2.

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    It's amazing to me how much I've stopped Destiny since FF15 came out in Nov. I played this game damn near every day since it released in 2014 but since Nov I've only played for IB weeks. Horizon next week will put Destiny even further back on my playlist.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    IF you have ammo regenerating special weapons (ice breaker, invective, etc) - then the special ammo changes don't effect you. Can just sit and camp. Side arms are the new shotguns; you can more or less run around with one and melt everything in sight.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    ..as long as it's called Wormwood or Trespasser. :p

I prefer sidearms over any other special weapon, but the fact that they aren't affected by the new special ammo economy is problematic and I fear they'll also be nerfed before Bungo finds a sensible solution to that issue. The fact is though, you can equip two special weapons as primaries that have no ammo issues (No Land Beyond and Universal Remote) and you have two other special weapons that have regenerating ammo (Icebreaker and Invective). You can make the argument that none of those four exotics are very good, but the fact remains that they exist and DO circumvent the special ammo economy change issued by the patch. So you can say the whole thing has been a very moronic move.

Sure, the primary duels are more common now and it's refreshing not being shotgunned in the face every other second. But the sweaty, highly competitive teams will probably gravitate towards loadouts of NLB/sidearm or med-hi impact handcannon/Icebreaker. All this while soaking Skorri's. It'll be a different kind of meta, but still a hybrid kind of meta nonetheless.

20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    What's this about special ammo y'all are saying? Did they make the time even longer for it to spawn?

21. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    No. In broadstrokes:

All special weapon ammo - except for sidearms, which keep about two magazines worth - is lost upon death.

Special ammo crates spawn every 60 seconds. But you can't stack it...except for sidearms.

In Trials, you don't get special ammo in the second round and every other round until the match is over, but the crate spawn rules still apply. And sidearms still keep their ammo (do you start seeing a pattern here?).

Special weapons that regenerate ammo are of course immune to those changes. Thus why we're getting a sidearm prevalent meta with other special weapons immune to that new economy finding a special (heh) niche amongst some players, since on top of that shotguns (along with the fastest firing pulse rifles, which had been dominating the Crucible for the past 4+ months) were also nerfed across the board.

22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    How the hell did they think that was a good idea??! That changes everything about my playstyle. I don't use sidearms. Sniper is my go to and I don't have a yr 3 Ice. Surely that will have to be changed. I bet Bungie Net is on fiyah...

23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    It really shouldn't be that much of a big deal. All Special Weapons are still viable, people just can't necessarily run around with a Special Weapon all match, which makes Primary Weapons more important.

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    This week's TWAB blog entry states that fixes for some of the loudest complaints from the patch will be addressed at some unspecified future time. Initial and subsequent spawn sidearm ammo will be drastically reduced. NLB will gain flinch like all other snipers. Truth will get one extra round for the backpack and will reload faster. Blink will be tweaked again and Skorri will apparently be nerfed to activate for only 60 seconds after getting a kill. IMO, wouldn't it be simpler to just disable the artifact for pvp?

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Skorri was broken as Hell, when it was first introduced.

First rate of fire autorifles (with decent stability) are pretty decent for PVP. New Monarchy's is highly rated - especially if you get the God roll.