main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, at this point even I'm starting to think "too little, too late". The original raids and their gear should've always been kept relevant, and then updated with challenges...a year ago.

I've done everything this game has to offer so there will be plenty of nodes that will be cleared within a minute of opening it up. I can't recall if you require 100% completion in order to buy the shirt, though. Otherwise, with the already limited lifespan the game has, no additional vault space for the "new" goodies and, well, no carrying over of anything we achieve in that book over to Destiny 2 (admittedly, that we know of), then yeah, maybe the "what's the point?" attitude is somewhat warranted.

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Yea not Rising light raised my brows to. This will be the 1st time that happens for. Kinda is pointless for those already at 400. 420 would have been a good call...also no mention of vault space. Seriously? All that new armor and no place to put it. Hell I still Vanilla stuff in my vaults I've kept with hopes I could one day upgrade past yr1

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Nope, don't require 100% completion of the book to get t-shirt. About two thirds.

I've started to clear my vault. No need to keep weapons and armour, especially if you're buying remaining sparrows and ships.

4. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Man that new armor looks so SICK! I will def have to try and do raids this time around. PS does have a thing now to hook up with peeps. Hopefully I can find some damn adults and no emo ear splitting 12 yr olds after I start working with the function. I want that Crota Titan armor. Ought to look great shoulder charging someone to death!!!

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Again, the100.io is your friend. You're liable to find adult groups there and plenty of veteran raiders that may be willing to give you a hand. But yes, the armor looks sick. The thing is, you will have to grind the raids and their challenges repeatedly in order to get full sets and ornaments for each piece. Just to give you an idea, helmets and chest pieces require two ornament tokens. Arms, legs and class items usually require just one. So that's seven successful challenge completions per raid (or across all of them) to have a fully decked out glowy armor.

I do wish they had simply brought back legendary elemental primaries rather than grind for versions that occupy an exotic slot. All this while not giving us additional vault space. I figure that perhaps it's pointless at this point to have more space to stash loot...but damn, that's a LOT of loot across all classes.

6. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Well that will suck

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't see the point of grinding for the new armour when the light level stays the same.

8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    The lack of new vault space will turn off people as well from even trying.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

I guess at this point Bungie didn't want to increase the ll because the game is at an end. If the leaks are correct Destiny 2 is coming out in September 8, with a beta in a little over two months (?!). Chasing the armor and new weapons is something of an option at this point if you want to keep playing the game. But it all seems pointless, doesn't it?

Folks will have no folk but to delete stuff they've been hanging on to needlessly. Like perhaps old raid armors or perhaps quite a few weapons (and duplicates thereof) they simply do not use nor will they ever use again. I mean, I know in my case that my go to weapons fit comfortably in my main character's available slots. So that's 30 weapons right there. Anything else in my vault is probably just picking up dust or simply there for...reasons, nostalgia, etc. So vault space is really only a problem if you're hoarding stuff and Bungie has aptly demonstrated that they don't want or expect you to hoard stuff, especially if it's not moving forward from one sequel to the next.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Destiny should've been like Borderlands; get a weapon, sees you through for 10 levels, then you bin it for something special. No point hoarding because the vault space is next to nothing. Only save the ultra rare weapons.

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, I think that's more or less the intention. As you level up your character in Destiny you go from your whites, then your greens and blues. Legendaries and exotics are endgame weapons. The problem is that many folks want to hold on to everything. Even if it's relatively worthless. I'm one of those guys. I still hold on to the Stranger's Rifle, some og PoE specials, the og VoG primaries and even some KF weapons. Those I haven't deleted due to some misguided nostalgic notion. There are other exotics and purples I never use but simply haven't sharded out of pure laziness. Still, I think the mindset some hoarders like us have to consider is that it's ok to delete this stuff and look forward to the future. And hope against hope that Bungie doesn't lie to us as severely as they did the first few fifty times. :p

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    HOLY ******' GIANT BALLS

[​IMG]

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    ???

That official or fan made?

Edit: NM, it's official.

The city burning, just as predicted. Jesus. Now I know why I lose all my ****. Thank you, you Cabal *****.

14. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    This...is..so...BORING!

Back to Horizon very soon I think.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The weekly story playlist is an interesting addition - really wish we've had this since day one.

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I thought I wanted Crota Titan set but I changed my mind to the VoG. That blue light thingy on the back looks sweet! So does the Warlock tentacles. Does Prision have an armor set? I still to this day never have faced Skolas. I turned mostly pvp within a month of Destiny release. Still have yet to do many story missions from TTK and ROI to.

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Dang why can I no longer edit any post the last 2 mths? It's not showing in options.

Anyway wanted to say I find it pretty groovy that the title screen is back to just saying good ole Destiny. No expansion title now. I love it.

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    And original music too. It's great, tbh. ROI got very old very fast.

And yeah, lest we forget,

Ah Cayde, you loveable jackass. Best. Vanguard. Mentor. Ever.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Yes, CoE has an armour set (it is the old gear from Yr1)

Half way to rank 6 in the book. Only want the final emblem. I'm frustrated the record book doesn't count achievements from the main Rise of Iron book - which includes Iron Banner rank 5 and Heroic strikes. Regrinding this **** out is tiresome.

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, some nodes aren't retroactive. You gotta grind out the activities after opening the book. Most of the Subclass, Crucible, Iron Banner and Trials nodes work like that

Surprisingly, I thought I wouldn't get the In the beginning node, since I didn't actually play the game proper until TTK. But I guess merely playing for a bit in the beta was enough.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I got them all apart from the period between Dark Below and House of Wolves. Which is rather annoying lol But, I do enjoy running around with my From the Beginning emblem with Old Guard shader lol

Got a God roll Last Extremity - life support, rifled barrel and firefly. Max ranged. In total, I have three scout rifles and five hand canons (three with Fatebringer roll) with firefly. 100% cleared out my vault and only kept God tier weapons. Literally have no need for any weapon now lol

22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Starting to see the gear on tower now. Interesting they turned the weapons into exotics.

This grinding really blows. It has been neat actually hearing yourself speak again on these old missions rather then Ghost talking for both.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Er, dude, Destiny has always been about the grind. That's what keeps some folk logging in.

Christ, Crota. Now it really feels like a raid instead of a glorified strike. Sadly, my first go around wasn't as generous as advertised. And really, they make those weapons exotics and they're couldn't even bother to make grimoire cards for them? It just feels...wrong.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Making them exotic kinda rules out the possibility of using elementary primaries all the time.

Dark drinker, Gally or Sleeper are you best heavy's for a raid. A few random's, in the Tower, invited me to for a Crota run last night and I politely turned them down. All I really wanted from the final update was a few story missions, setting up Destiny 2 and maybe a new strike. Not more old content.

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    The raid armor ornaments - particularly for the Warlock - plus some of the new primaries are worth a revisit. Similarly, some of the tweaks to the encounters make it a more pleasurable experience. Sadly for Bungie, they didn't tweak it enough to make soloing it an impossibility. Damn self-rezzing warlocks with their Jesus act...

Yeah, it would've been nice if a few final story missions to cap off the game had been fashioned. Definitely a missed opportunity.