main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I've cooled on Destiny. Waiting for DLC to come out.

Grinding the same missions, lot, et al gets repetitive after a few months.

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Yep

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Getting back into it now. New level cap is 50 (when the new DLC is released)

Lots of creepy dialogue from the Speaker about The Nine is beginning to appear in the Tower.

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Xur was selling Gjallarhorn for the second time ever (the first time was Week 1, when no one knew a thing about Gjallarhorn or Xur). Saturday I needed to get my mind off of real life so I did the weekly strike twice to top of my coins so I could get it.

TX-20, Ulicus and Draconarius like this.
  5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Not sure if one exists, but maybe we should consider a JCC clan for Destiny? (if the admin will allow it)

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, the subreddit melted, suspended all rules and declared it Gjallahorn Day. Good times!

There were few people on the "meh, now everyone has it, it's no special any more" train but that's daft: the more people with the top tier weapons the better, IMO. That way I'm more likely to have a breeze when I need a PUG.

Besides, Gjallahorn's rarity never had anything on that of Dead Orbit shaders. I've yet run into anyone else rocking The Hanged Man so I still get to be a speshul snowflake. :p

Anyway, since it has yet to be posted, here's the latest The Taken King thing:

TX-20 likes this.
  7. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Bungie's insistence that Xur's stock was totally random (despite evidence that they've always been able to change his stock, should they want/need to) is kind of "Okay, sure guys" considering Gjallarhorn's impending nerf. I'm sure it'll still be great but it's kind of hard not to be suspicious given the circumstances :p

TX-20 likes this.
  8. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i was sad. i did not have the coins for it.

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Gjallarhorn isn't just getting nerfed, it apparently isn't one of the Year 1 Exotics being brought along up to the Year 2 power level. I haven't gotten into Destiny yet, but I have been following it very closely since before release. Gjallarhorn is one of the three weapons I am most interested in obtaining, the others being Patience and Time, which we don't know what is happening to it yet, and SUROS Regime, which is being brought along into Year 2. I kind of thought all Exotics would be brought along, so this kind of disappoints me.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Did I read that correct? we *finally* have faction missions?!

11. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008

i have patience and time. pretty cool, but you have to be in someones face early on to kill. but if you are they go down. i got that in a knightfall

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Xur selling junk today.

13. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Patience in time is a sniper rifle . dug. Yeah I have that. My description was of the universal remote

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Lord of Wolves is my favourite gun ever. Melts pretty much all yellows in two or three squeezes of the trigger.

It's not being brought forward immediately, and everyone's going a bit crazy about that. They've been clear, however, that they do intend to keep bringing more Year 1 exotics forward as time goes on . . . so I'm not too concerned.

I'm going to miss Fatebringer more than anything else . . . but at the same time it'll be good to be forced off my crutch.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Praise the Lord!

I've finally hit level 33.

16. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I am worried that Bungie not bring forward all Exotics into Year 2 means they don't believe they can come up with something that can compete with Thorn and Gjallarhorn. Exotics have always been treated as the best gear that will always be with you along the journey, but the fact all Exotics aren't being brought into Year 2 makes it seem like that isn't the case.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I can only assume Bungie is attempting to "level the playing field" for year 2. Like many others MMO, you have to regrind to get new weapons and gear with each expansion - you cannot just keep upgrading old stuff. It gets rather uncompetitive, if your current character can walk through story missions without being challenged (due to old gear)

18. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't get what MMOs have to do with Destiny, especially since they are bring some Exotics along into Year 2. I don't see how the playing field isn't level, since max level has been untied from the Light level of gear, Legendary gear is being left behind, and Exotics don't allow someone to reach max power by themselves.

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

I don't see why not - but then again I don't moderate Games. I'm always open to playing with people who are a bit more on the chill side. I definitely want to try higher level PoE and ToO at some point.

20. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I won't until I get legendary edition.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    If you're on Xbox one - add me :) I don't take it too seriously like others. Aim to have a fun game. Always up for PoE

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    PS4 :p

And I might be taking a big break from the game, to be honest. Little frustrated with it.

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I've tried the preview copy so many times now and the game just really doesn't click with me. It looks ok. It's made by Bungie, makers of Halo. I should be intrigued by it but...no, it just doesn't do it. Especially for a lonewolf like me without any gamer pals to do coop stuff with.

C'mon guys, be honest: what's so spectacular about this game that so many people dig yet I can't?

24. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I am glad my concerns about Exotics were revealed to be somewhat of an over reaction, and that Bungie will bring more Year 1 Exotics into Year 2 over time.

The setting and online nature definitely make the game far less attractive to me than I would like, but the fact it is a solid shooter with Bungie's usual polish, weapon balance issues aside, definitely make me want to get into it eventually.

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I feel like only some exotics should be brought forward, personally. What's the point in introducing new gear if people are just going to keep using the old gear? I've got a nice collection of exotics, but I'm not expecting them to be the best once I hit level 40 - there ought to be level-appropriate gear.

TX-20 likes this.