main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Thanks. I'll give that a try. I'd like to at least do the normal Raid if only to cap off the Destiny experience for a bit. The game is starting to feel too pointlessly grindy at this point.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It was announced over the weekend, contrary to what Destiny told us, no new DLC for year 2. None. Major disappointed face :(

I came back for the Sparrow racing, which is truly awful. More grinding; finish in the top 3 does not guarantee anything - so the competitive element is once again lacking.

Really think Destiny has taken a significant step back in year 2.

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    can anyone tell me how the hell to find a sparrow race? do you have to buy in with silver/real money? got the messages. went to the ship lady and the eververse lady but haven't seen any way to start a race.is this free or a micro transaction thing? am i missing something? please help thx.

4. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Go to orbit, then select destination. On the lower left corner where the dailies/weeklies are, select SRL as playlist. That's where you'll go to podracing.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i realized it's because i don't have ttk yet. thx anyway.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    After a two month break, I loaded up Destiny.

The tower was completely dead; PvE and PvP were filled with below average players. Bungie are pretty much in do or die mode now with Destiny; without any major update (new DLC or new missions), this game is dead.

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Um, it's plenty busy every time I log in. Granted, we don't see pop counters anywhere in game, but those below average players may just be new players that just got the game.

But still, three months from now, after the new kinderguardians have maxed their character and there's absolutely no new content in sight, then yeah, it's more than likely that the tower will be a ghost town.

Still, it's still my virtual crack and I'm not getting tired of it just yet. :p I still have one character I want to max out to 320 and another that I may or may not continue to level up.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just downloaded the demo of this game recently on my PS4 and played it for awhile. I'm not an overly huge fan of FPS like this, but I did enjoy it to a degree.

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    RIFT IRON BANNER!? RIFT!?

URGH.

I've rank 5ed every character in Y2 IB and this is the first time I think I might skip.

10. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I hear you. I pretty much hate any CTF gametype, regardless of shape. Oh well, maybe next time...

11. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Honestly I think Rift IB might be fun, I've been getting tired of playing Control matches for IB. Although, I wouldn't play it without a full 6-man fireteam.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Anyhoo, how many Destiny players do we have here? Sound off on platforms and guardian types. Maybe if there's enough of us here that play on the same console/platform (and time zone) we could form a decent fireteam.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Totally agree.

IB was the only reason I kept coming back. Wasn't bothered about hard and challenge mode for the King's Fall. But, somehow, Bungie just keep screwing up with Destiny. Where is this 10 year plan, that they keep talking about? The only rumour I keep hearing, which is worrying, is attention is now Destiny 2 (which might be subscription based).

I doubt this Feb update is free DLC. Hoping I'm wrong, but I've finally lost trust in Bungie.

Taken King was awesome, but there has been too many mistakes post-release.

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I loved HM but I've done it to death and, with the exception of Oryx himself, I only really cared about doing each CM once. I only really "need" 320 primaries at this point (for fuel).

Still, while rift IB is really disappointing, there's a part of me that rather likes the fact the game is on the backburner at the minute. Means I can just pop in every three weeks to do the raid and play casually outside of that. When new stuff hits, I'll be ready to go. Until then I'm more than happy to do other things.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Rift was hit and miss. Had some good games, but majority were too close because nobody went for the objective. Just need the IB helm to complete the armour set. But, overall, probably the most disappointing IB I've experienced so far.

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I didn't do too much IB this time around because, yeah, **** Rift. And those times I did it seems I was saddled with way too many disgruntled players too because there were no efforts at all to grab the ball and reach the goal. Overall, it was a wash. Here's hoping Bungie listens to its community (hah!) and pulls that gametype out of the IB rotation permanently.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The problem is the bounties; objective modes should requires bounties based on objectives - not kills. That's the major problem. It was too easy to hit rank 5 because the game more or less encouraged me to go on a killing spree and target the other teams spawn. Which is what I did. Got to rank 5 in less than 5 hours.

Had to buy both weapons from the vendor. Only saw them drop 3 times.

My IB loot:
    x2 ghost shell (310 and 311)
    x2 Titan mark (300 and 313)
    x3 Chest armour (283, 284 and 304) no use to me. Already had 310
    x1 boot 308

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  18. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I finally started playing a few days ago. Liking it so far.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    It's easy to like it at first. Then it gets frustrating after a few weeks when you run out of content to play. But then it gets maddening when you're hooked like a hopeless smack addict and you can't stop playing it.

20. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I have a crew to play with(they are speedrunning me through the game and pointing out all the bonus stuff to me) and plenty of other games to switch to when I run out of stuff to do, so I think i'll be fine. Also don't have the inclination to get addicted to it right now since nursing school is my current addiction.

21. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't see the point in being hardcore and worrying about doing everything every week, I sure won't be if I ever get around to playing Destiny.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You have to go current gen first, Zeta1127.

23. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I stopped playing it in December, after having one such smack addiction since it launched.The only thing that got me to stop playing this game was a brief interlude with Battlefront (which hates my internet for no reaon) and buying a wii for my Fiancee. And once I stopped playing Destiny and I look back over the last 6 weeks or so, I am honestly surprised at how much fun i am having actually playing games for a good story and how much fun I was not really having just loot hunting. I can't imagine myself not playing through the expansions, but this game honestly feels like an FPS-Drug that my brain had to come off of.

I don't know if that means its the best game ever to me, or the worst.

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, truth be told, Battlefront is ****. IMO it's a similarly rotten con just like Destiny's. It dangles pretty SW action in front of you, yeah. But just like Destiny, it has no story worth a damn and dubious future additional content at outrageous prices.

I dunno, maybe Destiny is the worst game, but there's a particular charm to it that makes it hard for me to put it down. Maybe it's the interaction and bonds you can form with other players as you go through a strike or raid; the sweet joy of success or the agony of failure because of one (or more, many more) easily avoidable ****ups. Maybe it's the insane gunplay and super-powered battles. Maybe it's the awesome loot you can get if RNGeezus is kind to you. I dunno. Maybe those aren't good enough excuses but they're all I have ATM. :p

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Update on Tuesday.

Looks like the end game will be dramatically improved to hit maximum light.