main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Destiny's Choice (AU - lightside Anakin) last info: 5/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Pallas-Athena, Jun 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Awww... so sad. :( I like romances, not a big fan of Ami/Ani, but after giving the couple a chacne, I've decided that I like A/A romances. This one is a good one and the previous post REALLY explains a lot.

2. Yorthen

Yorthen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2001
    Of course you like A/A romances, they are among the best!
    Just like this thread!! :) :)

3. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Wow! A new page! I'm so happy! :D

Thanks jade and Yorthen, who doesn't like Ami/Ani romances? HeeHee. :)

Up!

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Good Story. I usually read Luke/Mara stories, but I like a good story like "lightside Anakin", now and then.

If Jedi aren't allowed to marry, then how do they get more force sensitives? As Han said in the worse star wars book ever (the crystal star), "Little Jedi have to come from somewhere."

:)

5. Yorthen

Apr 14, 2001
    Since they can't marry the go off on long mission while they can live out their lusts :D :D
    It's harder for the female once, the have to stay away a very loong time. Plus find a father that will take care of the child :D :D

Seriously I think that force sensitive persons not nessesarely becomes Jedi plus that foce sensitiveness doesn't have to be inherited. Just what I think.

6. Vee

Vee Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 16, 2000
    As Amidala said in "First Encounters," to Luke: "There ARE talented people not related to us, you know."

7. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Heehee :) Yes where do little Jedi Knight come from indeed . . .

Thanks Jedi_Liz, Yorthen, and Vee

Anakin let himself linger on the cold freeness of hyperspace one last time as his Y-wing reentered real space above Kalis. The planet was a lush topical jungle, so if the base was any smaller than average, the target would be hard to locate.

"All ships report in," Anakin said through his com. He knew the small group of pilots already, but he wanted to make sure all his team had made the jump through hyperspace safely.

"Blue two standing by," a young man's voice sounded out first.

"This 'n blue four, mesa ready," a Gungan added.

"Blue five, reporting in," a female said.

"Blue three standing by," the last chimed in.

"Alright," Anakin said, "everybody's good to go. We're nearing the planet now, keep a look out for enemy fighters." As if to answer Anakin's suspicions, a group of Ion fighters appeared above the planet.

"We've been spotted," Blue five said, "I can count five on my scope."

"Let's keep them busy," Anakin said, "attack pattern four." The five Y-wings separated and regrouped in pairs, leaving Anakin without a partner.

"Mesa see'n the base, sir." Blue four called out, "it'sa at point zero-three-sa."

"Good," Anakin said, "cover me, I'll head to the repair shaft on the west side of the base." Anakin controlled his ship with expert skill. He was half way to the port when an Ion fighter shot at him from behind. He dodged and tried to out maneuver his foe, with no luck.

"There's one on my tail," Anakin called out, "someone get him off me, please."

"I'm on it," Blue five said, as she closed in on the dogfight, "turn to point eight-three, I'll cover you."

Anakin voiced his affirmative and pulled up. Blue five's Y-wing flew past him, shooting the enemy as she passed.

"You're save now, Commander," there was a certain pride in her voice, perhaps because she had just rescued the Chosen One.

Anakin didn't have time to worry about his damaged ego. "Thank you," he said, "I'm coming upon the port now. Just hold off the fighters until I get back, then be prepared to make the jump to light speed."

The port was narrow and Anakin had to slow his speed sufficiently. The Jedi thanked the Force when he realized that no Ion fighters had followed him in. Within a few seconds, Anakin's Y-wing had reached the base's energy core - his target. He allowed the Force to guide his aiming as he launched two torpedoes.

Once he was sure the weapons would hit their mark, Anakin threw his ship into a hard left, successfully turning around inside the confinement of the power core.

"The torpedoes will hit their mark," Anakin said, "I'm returning to the surface." Cheers rang through the com unit, but Anakin didn't feel like celebrating.

Something's not right here, Anakin thought, this was too easy. I have a bad feeling about this . . .

Anakin made his way out of the port just as the base was about to blow. "Let's get out of here," Anakin said to his team, "quickly."

Anakin began to program coordinates into his hyperdrive computer. Through the Force he felt the others do the same.
    We just might make it, Anakin hoped.

But, it was too late, Anakin felt a dark wave wash over him.

"My scopes are dead!" one pilot screamed out, "I can't see a thing!"

"Mine, too" another cried.

"And my hyperdrive won't engage!"

"Wesa goina crash!"

Anakin, with all his mechanical genius, could not get his ship to respond. "Brace yourselves for impact," he yelled over the com, yet there was no reply. Comminations where down now, too.

The skyline became closer and closer, and Anakin stretched with the Force to survive the most certain crash that would come.

~

Warm blood dripped down the unconscious Jedi's face, causing him to wake. Looking around, Anakin realized he was in a lush forest and his Y-wing was covered with green brush.

Stumbling most ungracefully out of the ship, Anakin half climbed, half fell, to the gr

8. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Eeek!!! What's gonna happen to Ani? He's gonna be okay... I KNOW he's going to be okay!

9. Yorthen

Apr 14, 2001
    We're getting action too :)
    Great work!

10. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I love this story keep up the great work..

Jedi Blue.

11. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    he's obviously going to be okay, because he is telling the flashback story.

Please write more! Love this story!

12. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Wow! Pallas this is a wonderful story you have here. Very good for a first timer!! :)

13. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Heehee thanks all, you guys are so nice :)

Here's a short post cuz, if you haven't noticed, I've been trying for at least one post a day.

Six months later . . .

Anakin lay, unmoving, on his cold, metal, bunk aboard the huge ship Palpatine had called
    Star Destroyer, a huge battle cruiser, the likes of which Anakin had never seen. One of these wedge-shaped ships could easily over power any other starships known in the rest of the galaxy.

And Palpatine's apprentice had gloated that there was more under construction. A whole fleet worth.

I have to find away out of here, Anakin told himself, I must warn the Jedi. But after six months of almost non-stop torture, Anakin's mind and body were both too weak to withstand an escape attempt.

And even if they could, Palpatine would find him and kill him before he was even half way out of his cell. Anakin sighed and curled into a ball and tried to calm his mind with thoughts of Padmé and Obi-Wan.
    I will see you both again, Anakin thought, half a prayer, half a promise.

Anakin glanced up to see the ysalamiri, who - albeit was behind a glass case - was Anakin's only cellmate and company. He had given the creature the tentative name Furry for lack of any better ideas.

He looked up as the door of his cell opened, revealing man shrouded entirely in black. The figure closed the door behind him.

"Greetings, Jedi filth," the man growled, "Master has left me in control of you while he's off playing Chancellor."

"Do you think you're up to the responsibility?" Anakin jested, "I think Palpatine would be very mad at you if he were to come back and see a big dent in his shinny new Star Destroyer."

"Shut-up, Jedi!" Sith shouted. Anakin didn't even know the creature's name, nor did he care to, so he just taken to calling the dark warrior 'Sith.' Under the same principles, Sith had taken to calling Anakin 'Jedi'

"Now that my Master's gone," Sith continued, "I'll find the information he seeks."

"I didn't reveal the location of the Jedi to your Master," Anakin said, "Why do you think I'd give it to you?"

"Because, Jedi," Sith crept closer to Anakin stopping only inches from his face, "I do not care about damaging you. In fact, it would be much more beneficial to me if you were to . . . let's say, die from serious exhaustion."

Anakin met the apprentice's glaze and began planning his escape.

14. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Wow, this just keeps getting better. How did I miss so much, I really should keep a better eye on things. :) Great work, can't wait for the next part. :D

15. Yorthen

Apr 14, 2001
    Why do I get the feeling that the apprentice will screw up :)

Great work!

16. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001
    Poor Ani.I can't wait til he gets to see Amidala again.

Jedi Blue,

17. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Good Post. I am betting that Amidala might be pregnant with Luke and Leia by now.....

18. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001

"Do you think you're up to the responsibility?" Anakin jested, "I think Palpatine would be very mad at you if he were to come back and see a big dent in his shinny new Star Destroyer."

Love that line! I knew Ani would have a sense of humour if he'd never turned to Darth Vader! :)

19. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Heehee.

Broken-Sabre: Thanks :D
    Yorthen: Yep, I should have named him Darth Moron. Stupid villains are fun!
    Jedi Blue: Yeah, don't worry, he will . .
    Jedi_Liz: I wonder ;) *mischievous grin*
    jade_angel: but of course :)

Thanks all

Without Paplatine around escape is possible, Anakin thought as Sith command another jolt of electricity to be shot through him. Anakin's knees buckled under the pain and he yelped.

Lead him to believe the torture is more straining than it actually is, Anakin told himself, that way, Sith will not expect me to attack. After six months of daily 'Question and Answer Sessions,' as Palpatine liked to call them, Anakin had built up a kind of immunity to them, yet Sith didn't know that.

"So, Jedi," Sith spat when Anakin's screams had ended, "are you already to tell me where your friends are?"

For show, Anakin started to cry. "Dantooine," he said, "they're on Dantooine."

"Ha!" In all his stupidity, Sith was truly proud of himself. "I told you I'd find out, Jedi. Why would Lord Sidious want a disgusting apprentice like you, when he already has me?" Sith continued as the guards lowered Anakin's limp form to the ground.

For good measure, Anakin slipped, allowing himself to fall completely. Taking advantage of this, Sith gave his opponent a hard kick in the stomach.

Anakin groaned.

"Take him back to his cell," Sith said, "I will contact Darth Sidious."

Anakin looked up at Sith one last time, noticing that his own lightsaber hung at the other's belt. There was no time to focus on the grave injustice of the situation, as Anakin was now being dragged back to his cell.

As he walked, Anakin contemplated his next move. He knew that his best chance of escaping was to avoid Sith all together - he was still too weak.

He could feel Furry's Force bubble drawing closer. He had to act quickly.

With a sharp twist of his wrist, Anakin broke free from one of his captors. Quickly, he jammed the palm of his newly freed hand into the other guard's nose, breaking it on contact.

Taking advantage of the guards' shock and his sudden freedom, Anakin turned and ran.

He wasn't exactly sure which direction the docking bay was, but he used the memory of when in was first brought on board to guide him.

If all went well, Sith would be too busy trying to please his master to notice Anakin's daring escape.

Anakin rounded the last corner to enter the docking bay. He skidded to a halt.

Apparently, it wasn't going to go well.

Sith stood there, a smile plastered on his ugly face.

"So, Jedi," he growled, "thought you'd try to escape, did you?" He ignited his lightsaber; the beam glowed a scarlet red. "I can't let you do that," he hissed.

"You'd cut down an unarmed man?" Anakin asked, dodging his opponent's saber. He was physically exhausted from the run, but, calling upon the Force, Anakin knew he could hold his own.

The Sith apprentice didn't answer his question, but unleashed a fury of attacks, making Anakin skillfully jump out of the way.

"I'll take that as a yes, then," Anakin said calling his lightsaber from off Sith's belt. The apprentice looked surprised. "Hmm," Anakin said as the saber landed in its rightful owner's hand, "Forgot you had it with you? Well, it seems that we're even now."

Anakin was now on the offensive, and Sith was no match for him.

He blocked Anakin's attacks as best he could, but the Jedi's blows were too heavy and too fast.

After a few minutes, Sith was knocked to floor following a sequence of particularly rough assaults. Taking advantage of his enemy's newfound position, Anakin quickly disarmed him with a blow to Sith's saber hilt.

Now standing over the Dark Lord, Anakin placed his saber's tip just inches away from his nose.

"I should kill you," he spat.

"Do it then," Sith snarled, "I would have killed you."

"Yes, I know," he said, "but I will not stoop to your level. I'll leave your death to your master." Anakin extinguished his saber and stepped away from Sit

20. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Very good, nice action. Anakin dude, you rock! Next time though, be smart and make sure your opponents totally disarmed before you turn you back on him. ;)

21. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001
    Can't wait to read Ami and Ani togather again.Please write more soon.
    Jedi Blue,

22. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Sorry I haven't replied, Pallas [face_blush] Wonderful posts, all of them! I loved how Anakin was so strong against the Sith, and sliced him right in two! More!

aa :)

23. Anakin_Skywalker_20

Anakin_Skywalker_20 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2001
    Anakin you kick @ss

24. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    I really like this story Pallas, please keep going, great work. :)

25. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Great post! Now let's hope we see Amidala again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.