main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Destiny's Choice (AU - lightside Anakin) last info: 5/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Pallas-Athena, Jun 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yorthen

Yorthen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2001
    I've got a bad feeling about this...
    But, in motion always the future is.

Great work!

2. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks for the feedback all!
    jade_angel: Yep, little Ani still has much to learn. To quote his later self: "The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet. . ." :)
    Jedi Blue: Coming right up!
    AA: Thanks! :D
    AS20: Yes he does, we wouldn't want him any other way [face_blush]
    Broken-Sabre: thanks! Hope all is going well for you, too.
    Jedi_Liz: One Amidala coming right up!
    Yorthen: heehee

Well, on with the story and the (much requested) Ami/Ani scene . . .

Consciousness slowly dawned on Anakin and he gradually opened his eyes. Letting light fill his pupils, a figure came into focus. Blinking a few times to allow his eyes to get adjusted, Anakin recognized the girl sitting before him.

"My," Threepio's voice broke through his thoughts, "Mistress, Master Anakin is waking up!" Artoo beeped an affirmative.

"Padmé? Threepio? Artoo?" he ventured to say, his voice a bit hoarse.

"Good," she said, her voice like an angel's, "you're wake. The healers were beginning to worry."

"How long-" he started to say before she put a finger to his lips.

"Shh," she said, "you shouldn't talk, conserve your energy." Anakin laid his head back down and waiting for Amidala to continue. "You've been asleep for two days," she said, "You arrived in some fighter, screaming for Obi-Wan over the comlink. When you finally landed you had blood everywhere. You managed to get out of your ship - I still don't know how - and collapsed almost immediately into Obi-Wan's arms. Do you remember any of that?"

Anakin shook his head.

"You were bleeding pretty badly from a wound in your side. The cut went fairly deep but the healers said that it missed, by some miracle, all your internal organs and that you fainted only out of pure exhaustion."

"Obi-Wan's in the briefing room, Threepio could you get him?" Amidala continued, "He's split his time between your bed side and organizing the fleet. He'll be so happy see that you're alright, Ani." Anakin smiled at that.

Threepio left, taking his dome-shaped companion with him.

"
    I'm so happy to see that you're alright," she fought back a sob, "I've missed you so much, I feared that you had been killed. So much has happened-"

"You married Bail," Anakin spoke, finishing her thought.

She nodded, through tears. "But there's more."

That's when Anakin noticed it. Amidala's stomach had grown quite sufficiently since they had last met. His eyes widened at the new realization.

"You're pregnant!" he finally blurted out. Amidala, biting her lip to stop a smile from forming, nodded. Anakin, even though he had years of diplomatic training from Obi-Wan, found it hard to speak evenly. "Bail must be happy," he said in the best diplomat voice he could muster, "I congratulate you both."

"They're not Bail's," Amidala said softly, "He is physically unable to have children and, even if he were, we never . . . had the opportunity to . . . probably never will, actually." Her head lowered slightly.

Anakin's jaw dropped. "By the Force, Padmé, you mean-?"

Amidala looked up and met him, eye to eye. She nodded and let her smile loose.

"I can't believe it," Anakin said, his voice shaky. Amidala grabbed his hands, holding them tight.

"Twins," she said, "A boy and a girl. Obi-Wan says they're both very strong in the Force. I wanted to name them Luke and Leia. Is that . . . is that okay with you?" Her voice was shaky now too.

"Yes," Anakin reassured her, "that's prefect. Absolutely prefect."

The two still had their gazes locked to each other when Obi-Wan came in a few minutes later.

"Glad to see that you're awake, Padawan," he said.

"Obi-Wan!" Anakin couldn't repress his enjoy, "I'm gonna be a father!"

Obi-Wan chuckled as he sat down in a chair next to Anakin's bed. "Yes, I know."

"Oh, yeah, well . . ." Anakin gave him a shy smile.

"I'm glad you're okay, Padawan," Obi-Wan said, "they wanted to declare you dead, but I knew that if something had happened to you I would have felt it."

Anakin smiled.

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I knew it! I like the way you're writing this story, but I seriously hope Amidala would never marry Prince Bail Organa. In a story I am writing, my theory is that they marry in secret, even though she is engaged to Bail.

My story is not prequel era, its actually the PREquel to "Mara's Search" in my signature. Its called "Luke's Search".

Hope you have more soon!

4. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I really liked that Ani was happy about the twin's.Because soon his gonna to realize that he can't be known as their father.Well at least not both of them.Can't wait to see that.And of course what Obi-wan is going to do to him.Can't wait for more.

Jedi Blue,

5. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    "Obi-Wan!" Anakin couldn't repress his enjoy, "I'm gonna be a father!"

Obi-Wan chuckled as he sat down in a chair next to Anakin's bed. "Yes, I know."

"Oh, yeah, well . . ." Anakin gave him a shy smile.

Lol, that is too Lukish for me. Goes to show you how much Luke takes after his old man. :p

6. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Up!

Jedi_Liz: :) Thanks, of course we all hope Amidala never marries Bail, but such a love triangle could cause Anakin to become upset and join the darkside. So I wanted to try something similar, without the jealous feelings Anakin would have, therefore allowing him to cling to the lightside of the Force.

Jedi Blue: Yep, poor Ani's gonna come to a hard realization soon, don't worry, Obi-Wan shouldn't be too harsh.

jade_angel: Like father like son ;)

So, well, I don't know if I'll have time to post today, but if I do it'll probably be around fairly late tonight. . .

7. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    What's wrong with Bail-poor Ami, she should be happily married to Anakin.

8. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Aww...their shyness at the right times was just adorable :D And I love the "Obi-Wan, I'm gonna be a father!"

aa :)

9. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks sabrelight and AA. :)

Well, here's another post, but I'm not too happy with it . . . and it's a bit short . . .

Anakin shivered a bit and wrapped himself tighter in the extra blanket covering his hospital tunic.

Space is cold, Ani . . .

He was now in the briefing room, awaiting Obi-Wan's arrival. With a few days of rest, Anakin was almost fully recovered from his injuries. The healers said he needed slightly more rest, yet they had allowed him out to attend the briefing.

The Force rippled softly around him as Anakin felt Obi-Wan enter. Anakin smiled brightly, wishing for any sign of approval from his Master.

Dressed in his military uniform, Obi-Wan smiled back at his Padwan, yet his eyes were still full of concern. He placed a slim file and a voice recorder on top of the table and took a seat next to Anakin.

"How are you feeling, Ani?" he asked.

"Better, Master," he nodded, "just a bit cold, that's all. I can't wait until I can put my Jedi tunic back on." He shivered again.

"Don't worry," Obi-Wan told him, "you will soon. Are you ready to tell me what happened, Padawan?" He fingered the recorder.

Anakin sighed. "Do you trust me, Master?"

The Jedi Knight nodded. "With my life, Anakin."

"Supreme Chancellor Paplatine is the Sith Master the Council has been looking for," Anakin told him softly. Obi-Wan said nothing; instead, he leaned back a bit in his chair. "He used the Force to jam my team's ships, causing them to crash. He found me on the planet and cornered me . . . and, Master, he's leading the clone army."

Obi-Wan placed his head in his hands and said nothing for quite a few minutes. Anakin was beginning to fear that his Master didn't believe him when Obi-Wan finally spoke.

"We must tell the other Jedi, Padwan," Obi-Wan sighed, "This attack on our order ends now. Tell me the details of your capture, Ani, we must collect as much information as possible."

~

" . . .and then I took a ship and jumped to Alderaan," Anakin finished a few hours later. His eyes were a bit moist from remembrance.

Obi-Wan nodded, gripping his Padawan's hand to offer comfort. "We'll get this super fleet's coordinates off the nav-computer of that ship you stole. You say only a few were complete?"

"Just one," Anakin said, "the rest are under construction."

"Then we must hurry," Obi-Wan said, standing up, "I will contact the remaining Jedi and tell them the news. Return to the medical bay and get some rest."

Anakin nodded as his Master left the room.

10. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Ooooh, so now Obi-Wan knows and eventually the Jedi Council. Good post! :)

11. Maeve Nadia

Maeve Nadia Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2000
    Very gripping...I'll be waiting for more.

12. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000

Thanks jade_angel and Maeve Nadia.

:)

13. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Anakin, now free from his hospital bed, practiced with his lightsaber. By allowing his body to move and flex, Anakin worked out his bed cramps. The blue beam flashed and danced as the Padawan drilled on defense maneuvers with a few remote balls.

The only room large enough to use a lightsaber was the community exercise room aboard Obi-Wan's flagship, the
    Hope's Dawn. All the soldiers that were working out before Anakin had entered had now stopped and were watching the Padawan intently. Of course, Anakin was used to this type of treatment - Jedi were rare, even with their growing numbers before the purge and ordinary people found their supposed superhuman skills quite fascinating.

And it helps you work on your concentration, Anakin reminded himself. He could, however, still hear the whispers of his viewers. Somehow they had heard about his defeat of the Sith apprentice, and they were, in muffled breaths, comparing him to Obi-Wan, which Anakin didn't want to hear at all.

Cornering the last remote, Anakin disabled it with a flick of his saber. The others started to clap and cheer, but one hard look from Anakin gained their silence.

The Padawan started packing up his equipment when Prince Bail entered the training room. The soldiers quickly stood up, not wanting to anger their Prince and leader in any way.

"As you were, please," Bail told his men, "Padawan Sklywalker, may I have a word with you?" His voice was full of cold resentment.

"Certainly, Your Majesty," Anakin said, his voice calm and even, "I was just returning to my quarters, would you care to join me on the walk there?"

The Padawan and the Prince exited the gym, leaving many confused and curious men in their wake.

The doors closed softly behind them and in less then a second, Bail Organa turned sharply around to face the young Jedi.

"You idiot," he hissed, "you've ruined everything!"

"What are you talking about?" Anakin looked at the Prince, wide eyed.

"The twins," Bail said, "Amidala told me last night that you're their father."

Anakin said nothing, letting Bail continue.

"Before last night I didn't care," Bail told him, "but, the Alderaan royal press agents have found out about the pregnancy, so now the whole planet knows. You say you love each other yet your one night of desire has cost Amidala dearly."

"I don't understand," Anakin said.

"Of course you wouldn't," Bail snapped, "you know nothing about diplomacy."

Anakin bit his lip at that comment.

"I'll spell it out for you, Jedi," Bail continued, "if, after a few years, we had no children, we could, under Alderaanian law, get a divorce without any controversy placed upon my family." Bail's voice was slowly rising with each word. "So, do you understand now, Jedi?"

Anakin's eyes narrowed slightly.

"So . . . now," Bail started talking slower, "we . . . can't . . . get . . . a . . . divorce . . . ever!"

"Sorry," Anakin said.

"Sure you are," Bail hissed again. He turned and almost ran straight into Obi-Wan. "Pardon me, General," he said, not stopping.

"What's his problem?" Obi-Wan asked.

"It doesn't matter," Anakin answered, shaking his head.

Obi-Wan raised his eyebrows, staring at Anakin quietly.

"Well, okay," Anakin shifted his weight as he talked, "He's upset about Amidala's pregnancy. They can't get a divorce."

The knight simply nodded. "I see," he said, stroking his chin, "I'll talk to him about it. The Jedi Order will also want to hear about this." Anakin lowered his eyes. "But now is not the time, Palpatine's fleet must be the main concern at the moment. Bail must understand this as well."

Anakin nodded softly.

"Soon the Jedi will be here," Obi-Wan said, "and we will prepare our attack."

"I want to talk to Padmé," Anakin told him, "I want to see how she feels about this."

"All right," Obi-Wan nodded, "see you shortly Padawan."

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I'd like to see more, too. Lightside Anakin is sweet!

15. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Grr...what a jerk Bail is [face_mad]

What Liz said...Lightside Anakin is very sweet :D Great job, Pallas!!!!

aa :)

16. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Grr... if I get my hands on that Bail Organa...

17. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Again I'm blown away, Pallas great work. Can't wait for the next part. :)

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    :eek:

Wow!! just catching up. What a wonderful story you have here. Can't wait for more!! :D

19. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001
    Man I go ago for a few days and come back to wonderful posts.Can't wait for more.Keep them coming.

Jedi Blue,

20. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks for the feedback all!

Here's a nice, mushy post, it's a bit short, but I promise a longer post tomorrow.

:)

Anakin found Amidala gazing at the stars in the upper observation deck. She was dressed simply in white, looking more like an angel than ever. Her back was towards him as she stared out the window.

Moving with a silence that only a Jedi can perform, Anakin joined the queen at her side. She glanced over at him with a sad smile on her face. He placed his hand lightly over hers and the two stared out the window together. A few minutes of peaceful silence passed before Amidala spoke up.

"Bail yelled at you, didn't he?" her eyes didn't leave the glass.

"Yes," Anakin answered, holding her hand a bit tighter. "Oh, Padmé," he continued, "I'm so sorry. When we did . . . what we did, I didn't think that anything like this would happen. I didn't think about anything, I guess. Because of me, you have to stay married to a person you don't even care about and our children . . . our children won't ever get to know at least one of us. It's all my fault."

"Ani," Amidala interrupted him, "you're acting like you were the only one who made a decision that night . . . and I don't regret it, Anakin." She turned to face him and gripped both of his hands in hers. "I love you and we shared a prefect night together. And I have two symbols of that love growing inside of me. Can you honestly say that you regret it?"

"No," he admitted softly, "but, you'll have stay with Bail."

"We can't marry, Ani, so what difference does that make now?" She said, leaning her head on his shoulder," just hold me, now, okay?"

Anakin did as he was asked.

The two held each other for a long time without uttering a word.

Anakin had just let his eyes return to the window as a ship appeared out of hyperspace.

"Who's that, do you think?" Amidala asked.

"Master Yoda," Anakin answered, completely sure of his guess, "I sense his presence. The Jedi are starting to arrive."

21. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Uh oh... what will the Jedi do to Ani now?

22. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    and I thought Bail was a good man! The way Leia used to talk about him made him sound like a perfect angel of a father. Good grief, Bail! Amidala didn't want to marry you, I think she was forced to as a peace pact or something. Bail, you can't even have children, anyway. Wouldn't a divorce be a worse scandal than the woman you married carrying another man's children?
    Lighten up Bail!

oh, by the way, Good Posts!

23. blueeyedjess

blueeyedjess Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    This is excellent!! :D

24. Jeditheskyisblue

Mar 17, 2001
    Can't wait til the Council finds out about the twin's.

Jedi blue,

25. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    One Month Later . . .

Leaving their small shuttle behind, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Threepio, and Artoo, climbed into a landspeeder that would take them to the Aldera Arena. Located at center of Aldera, the capital city of Alderaan, the arena was the only amphitheater large enough for the Jedi to gather in.

Anakin felt the familiar waves of presences flow through the Force as the speeder came closer to the arena and the three thousand Jedi that awaited them inside. Anakin let himself bask in the calming drift of the lightside. After six months of being trapped by followers of the darkside and their ysalamiri, Anakin would never allow himself to take the lightside for granted again.

"Everything downloaded Artoo?" Obi-Wan turned to ask the small droid. He was answered with an affirmative beep.

"Master," Anakin said, "we're here." He pulled the speeder up to the arena's entrance.

"Good," Obi-Wan said as the speeder came to a stop, "let's get going."

"My," Threepio spoke up as the group made their way through the entrance, "what a beautiful building, it must be quite old."

Anakin, trying to act unimpressed, said nothing until his group had reached the stadium, where he could no longer hide his exhilaration. The Padawan had never seen so many Jedi in one place at one time. Of course the arena wasn't filled completely, for it was incredibly large, but the majority of seats had Jedi in them. The Jedi Council was sitting up front, near the temporary podium at the center of what was normally a smashball field.

And if things couldn't get any stranger for Anakin, the entire Jedi Order turned as they walked in. Anakin stopped in mid step now that he had three thousand pairs of eyes looking directly at him.

"Apparently we are the last ones to arrive," Obi-Wan said, glancing around, "they must have been waiting on us."

The Jedi and the droids descended to the field and Obi-Wan took the podium. Anakin sat in the first row next to the council and Yoda.

"Greeting fellow brothers and sisters," Obi-Wan spoke up, "thank you all for coming here." Obi-Wan wasted no time explaining himself. "As you all well know, the Sith were recently discovered again. My apprentice, Anakin Skywalker; was captured by these Dark Lords and has learned the identity of the Sith master that has eluded us for ten years. He is Chancellor Palpatine."

Anakin expected there to be more of a wave of surprise and shock, instead he only heard soft mumbles and whispers.

"Palpatine is building a fleet of massive warships," Obi-Wan continued, "they are located in the building yards of Tala Nine. Artoo, if you please . . ." Artoo turned on his holo projector, which flashed an image of the moon. "Our spy ships took these pictures two days ago. As you can see, the ships are near completion. We must attack and attack soon. Now the Alderaan fleet can do an air assault, but we aren't large enough to destroy the base itself, it is to large." Artoo zoomed in on the base. "There are multiple entrances to the base. Ground teams of Jedi can infiltrate the base, destroy it from the inside. Palpatine is also there. Those of you that have flying experience, however, are being asked to fly with the fleet."

Obi-Wan stepped down from the platform as Artoo shut his projector off. Mace Windu took a place at the podium.

"You all know what is being asked of you," Mace said, "We must defeat this Sith and end his evil rein." With that said, many of the Jedi started to rise and leave. "Wait, my friends," Mace said, "There is more to be said. A certain Padawan has passed a trial that most apprentices never face even during their time as a knight. So the entire council has unanimously voted that Anakin Skywalker should be knighted here today."

Anakin couldn't believe what he had just heard, nor could he move. He just sat, unmoving, in his chair with his mouth hanging open.

It must have been minutes before Yoda nudged Anakin out of his stare.

"Stand up, you must," Yoda poked at him, "ready for this, you are."

A

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.