main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Destiny's Choice (AU - lightside Anakin) last info: 5/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Pallas-Athena, Jun 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Any luck yet?

I'm sure it will be worth the wait. :)

2. Sticks-Solo

May 11, 2001
    Up!

Hope we haven't been forgotten. :)

Hope you had a happy holiday.

Best of luck for the new year. :) :)

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I've been lurking on this thread--great story.

Hope your Christmas break gives you some time to write more. *hint* *hint* ;)

4. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    Ok...
    .. stand back....
    .....here it comes ....
    ......one big fat

UP

:p :p :p :p :p

5. Sticks-Solo

May 11, 2001
    Pallas are you still there?

Please post soon.

Meanwhile.... UP :)

6. aninonymous

Aug 27, 2000
  7. Sticks-Solo

May 11, 2001
  8. aninonymous

Aug 27, 2000
    Pallas, you still here? :confused:

9. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Sticks Solo: Thanks, I hope it will be. And I haven't forgotten.

anakin girl: Thanks! Always nice to know that people are reading :) (Even if I'm not writing *sigh*)

aninonymous: Heehee thanks!

Still here, surprisingly. I hope everyone else is, too. Or at least near by. I came go on about how busy I am and blah, blah, blah, but I won't bore the remiander of you away. I'll try to have a post up soon.

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I found this story last night and did a marathon read. 4 hours last night, 40 minutes this morning. It was wonderful! I'm looking forward to the promised sequel.

I hope you are starting to write again. :)

11. aninonymous

Aug 27, 2000
    U......up!! :D

12. Jeanne_Skywalker

Jeanne_Skywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2001
    Wow! I spent last evening and this afternoon. What a great story! I can't believe I just now found it. I'm really looking forward to the sequel!! Please post soon!

:D :D

13. Sticks-Solo

May 11, 2001
    I'ts good to see that you're still around. :)
    Any luck yet with the sequel?

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I would love to read that sequel to! :)

15. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Just found this, and think it's great!!! :D
    are you going to have a sequel or anything?

16. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    A black and white scene appears, and a lot of impatient young men and women appear in a field ala "Lassie". They yell:

Pallas! Pallas! Where are you?

The wind howls and no one appears.....

Pallas, I hope you'll have a break soon, I want to read the sequel!!!!!

17. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    RebelMom: Wow, what a long read! Glad you like it!

aninonymous: thanks, as always.

Jeanne_Skywalker: Thanks, 'tis very cool that I've managed to get new readers.

Sticks: Thanks you much, old friend. Sequel? hmm ...

Sara_Kenobi: you want a sequel to, hmm?

Jedi Jem: yay, another new reader!

Jedi Liz: you know you are well liked when someone alas Lassie on your thread.

Okay all, bet you didn't know that there was a last part to this story: the infamous EPILOGUE. So sit back and enjoy ...

Four Years Later ? (Around the time of A New Hope)

Anakin shifted uncomfortably in the new clothes. The jacket, shirt, and pants were a far cry from the loose robes he wore as a Jedi Knight.

He glanced around the room one last time. Everything, the few possessions he had acquired over the years, had been packed into a few bags, which were sitting next to the door.

Despite the finality of it all, Anakin knew he still had some errands to run. Picking up his lightsaber, he went to find Master Yoda.

He was stopped a couple of times by well-wishers and congratulations for Luke?s recent knighting.

His son had received the honor just that afternoon and now, shortly after dusk, Anakin was ready to leave.

Many of his fellow Jedi were shocked and disappointed at his decision. After all, only twenty knights had ever left in the entire history of the Order. But they also knew the difficulties of his unique situation.

It took a few minutes for Anakin to reach Yoda?s quarters and he was greeted quickly by the aging master?s voice.

?Come in,? Yoda said, knowing it was Anakin before the younger Jedi even spoke.

?Master Yoda,? Anakin said softly and bowed his head. ?I?ve come to turn over my saber, Obi-Wan said it would be best to give it to you.? Anakin was hoping to make this meeting quick. It was hard enough to part with the weapon he had so carefully constructed as a teen without Yoda adding his own comments.

?Master Skywalker,? said Yoda with a humph. ?Rare it is for one to be titled a Master and resign in the same day.?

Anakin didn?t answer, instead he simply offered Yoda the saber with an out stretched hand. Yoda glanced up at the hand, but didn?t take the weapon.

?Reconsider your decision you should.? Yoda hobbled away from Anakin and over to his miniature chair. Anakin breathed out stiffly and took a moment to watch the consent traffic flow of the Coruscant nightlife.

?I?ve already explained myself to the Council ? repeatedly,? he sighed.

Yoda answered his statement with another grunt. His large eyes peered at Anakin, whose face was still turned to the window.

?Changed the situation has,? Yoda said. ?Retiring from the Council I am, old have I become.? This news caused Anakin to return his attention to the master.

He opened his mouth to speak, but Yoda interrupted him.

?Mace Windu shall replace me as head of the Council,? he said. ?For to you take the vacant chair, I desire.? He tapped his stick once to strengthen his point.

Anakin stood shell-shocked for a minute. They actually wanted him to sit on the Council? They had that much respect for him? No, wait. Yoda had that much respect for him. It was all so hard to believe. Anakin continued to stare at the aged Jedi.

?Ready for the responsibility you are,? Yoda added.

?Master Yoda, this is such an honor,? Anakin blurted out, a messy grin appearing on his face. He could now be one of them completely. How could he even think to turn it down?

Padmé

?Thank you, Master,? Anakin said more slowly. ?But I can?t, I?m sorry.?

He offered the saber again, but Yoda shock his head.

?Keep it,? he said. ?Need it someday, you might. Earned it you have.?

Anakin give an appreciative smile and hooked his lightsaber back on to his belt.

?Thank you,? Anakin said again. ?Good bye, Master Yoda.? He turned to leave, reaching for the door.

Yoda, with nothing left to say, sim

18. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Wonderful post. :)

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    WONDERFUL ENDING! :D :D :D

Hopfeully O'l GL will do good, and we'll get a sequel! ;)

Really great to see this up Pallas!

Sara

20. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I love the ending, P-A. That was sweet. :)

I'll join some of the others in calling for a sequel.

21. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good ending, but a little sad.....

I hope you'll write a sequel no matter what happens....we want to see Luke and Mara together...and you left room for a sequel, with palpatine in the cell......... (they should've just killed ole palpy!)

22. AASkywalker

AASkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    Pallas-Athena, you have no idea how happy you made me when i came to the board and saw that there was epilogue to Destiny's Choice....i was jumping for joy and what an ending that was....very fitting....

I have thoroughly enjoy reading each parts and i hope you do write the sequel because i would love nothing more....so i shall be waiting.....

Hugs
    Micha ;)

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Very nice ending. I hope you do a sequel so I can read from the beginning. :)
    thanks for the PM.

24. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001

Sorry I haven't replied lately.But I haven't been here that much.

I must say I loved this whole story.
    And the end was wonderful Anakin finally doing what he should have done in the beginning picking Padme over the Jedi.
    I for one would love to see a sequel.

Jedi Blue, :)

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Pallas, nice to see a familiar face. I didn't expect a epilogue, but it was certainly wanted. Such a nice ending to a story which brought me to JC and soon became one of my favourites. I have you and your creative writing to thank. Thanks on both counts! I hope to read more of your work in the future.

Love,

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.