main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Destiny's Choice (AU - lightside Anakin) last info: 5/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Pallas-Athena, Jun 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Great ending! :D
    A sequel would be good :)

2. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Very good. Yes to a sequel.

3. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    SWF1000: Thanks!

Sara: Thanks, yes, hopefuly the next movie will be good ...

anakin girl: Thanks, another call for a sequel ...

Jedi Liz: Thanks. Yeah, I might do it anyway. Yes, it should be a rule ... always KILL Palpy, he can only cause you more problems ...

AASkywalker: Thanks. I really wanted to get it finished before AotC came out. I feel like I actually accompished something. :)

RebelMom: Thanks. Yeah, I started sending pms to people I figured would care, seems to work really well.

Jedi Blue: Thanks, I haven't been around much either and I'm glad you're still here.

Ami: Thanks. You've really helped me a lot with this story, and I'm very happy that you've found such a home here at the JC because of DC. Funny, I'm sure that even the smallest of your stories has attracted more readers than this one. ;)

Jedi jem: Thanks

MariahJade2: Thanks

Well, everyone I guess this is it. I want to thank everyone who read DC and especially those that replied. Without you, this story wouldn't have gotten past the first post.

I have anoter story in the works, but it isn't a sequel to this one. Of course, it is another lightside Anakin AU, so I hope you guys will tune in
    :)

May the Force be with you ....

4. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    *dashes in* You've updated it :D YYYYYEEAAAAAHHHHHH :D Makes me happy :D

The ending was great seeing Anakin finally go back with Padmé and giving up the position on the council [face_love]

I would really like to see that other story of yours soon :D

Great story :D

5. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    You flatter me, Pallas :D Well, ladies and gentlemen I can tell you that Pallas's newest story will be just as good as this one, if not better. Woohoo!

Am [face_love]

6. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    It´s over :(

I guess all good things must come to an end.
    It was a great story though.

And Anakin finally went back to Padmé.
    About time, too. ;)

I hope you do that sequel!

:D :D :D :D :D

7. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Darklady: Heehee, thanks! ;) Ani belongs w/ Ami!!

Am: Thanks! Well, you know what they say about flattery, right? Well, I don't *shrug* And who are they anyway?

aninonymous: Thanks! Yes all good things must ....

BUT . . . (warning: shameless plug ahead)

For every ending there's another beginning!

I've got a new story! To Stop the Suns from Setting!

Please check it out!

8. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    hmm, it didn't go up. Very annoying.

9. quietlunatic

quietlunatic Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2001
    Oh, look who's back! And Destiny's Choice is finished as well! Great job, Pallas! Just curious - in your AU, apparently Dooku counts?

ql

10. Padawn_JB

Padawn_JB Jedi Master star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    FINISHED! *Does happy dance* Ok Pallas- I got a few things.

1. I LOVED the last encounter with Palpatine!
    2. WHY did you make Sabe die? (But happy Obi Wan told her the truth.)
    3. I liked it, But I really wished you could of found some way to keep Anakin, but have him Marry Padame. Maybie cause he could of been on the Council?

K, that's it! Over all GREAT story! I'm going to copy, paste and print it so I can read it without having to scroll. Bye!

11. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    quietlunatic: Yep, I'm back and better than ever, too! ;) Dooku ... god, what to say about him. Well, at least I wasn't forced to put him in this story, since the spiolers weren't out at the time. He's old ... young, stupid Sith are so much funner. He can count backwards if he wants.

Padawn JB: Thanks. 1. Heehee, can't end a story that has a sequel without the bad guy saying some stupid revenage line. 2. Um, Sabe's death represented Obi's loyality to the Jedi. He, unlike Anakin, was too late in telling her how he felt. Perhaps if Obi would have told her, they could have been happy. 3. This kinda relates back to Sabe dying. It was always my pet thoery that Jedi aren't allowed to marry (I think the trailers so far for AotC have shown that also) and this was a factor in Anakin's turning. If he didn't marry, he might have stayed on the lightside (which is actually the premises of this AU - What if Anakin didn't marry Padme - but nobody really picked up on it). I think that's why the Choosen one had to join the darkside and destory the Jedi, so that his son would be able to replace the Jedi Order with a stronger, more free Jedi.

That, of course, all fits into the sequel, because (according to my little brian) Mara and Luke are destinied to be together and Anakin still has to balance the Force.

:) :)

12. Kendra_Skywalker

Kendra_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    What a magnificent ending to one of my fave stories! I can't wait till the sequal, mesa very excited. Please ignore the pointless jar jar rfernce, had to throw it in there for good measure :)

Anyways, this is a totally awesome story, and I am so anxious for the sequal. Hopefully you won't role play our dear George and wait three years, pullease :) :) :)

With Losta Smiles,
    Kendie

13. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I echo your sentiments, Kendie. Perfect ending to a perfect story, Pallas. Now I expect you're working on a post for TStSfS? ;)

*SB*

14. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    That's a wonderful ending, PA =) Cute, and beautiful... I'm feeling a bit sad for poor Furry, though =( Will you free him in the sequel ? :D

That was a good work, the whole story was clever, powerful, and well-contructed. Congratulations !

15. Padawn_JB

Mar 16, 2002
  16. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Good stuff.

17. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Kendra: Thanks :D. The sequel should be quite a trip indeed. Aw, everybosy love da Jar Jar. Okay, most people don't, but that just makes it even more amusing. Three years!?! Will any of us even be here at that time?

StarBlazer: Thanks :) Yep, yep, post for TStSfS. I think people are starting to lose interest in it, though. I like it *sigh* ...

Twinnie: Thanks :) Furry? I thought I was the only one that cared! Yep, his destiny is defintely planned for the sequel.

Padawn: Thanks bunches :D

DANA28: Thanks!

Okay, I'm making a shameless plee again for all DCers to go look at my new story. I think (and there are those that agree with me) that it is better written than this one ....

Please? *Pouts*

18. Padawn_JB

Mar 16, 2002
  19. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Hey Pallas, I finally made it back. Sorry about not reading for a while. I was getting ready for a convention here in Australia. Had to make a costume.

Great ending. It was truly worth the wait. Can't wait to read your next story, so I'd better go. :)

20. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    JB: Thanks much!

Sticks: Welcome back! Oooh, costume! What were you?

21. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000

Hello, little story, I just wanted to up you from the depths of the board and remind your readers that you are still eligable for the 2002 Summer Awards! ;)

Well, I'll let you fall again now ...

22. Leiaremer

Leiaremer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Well, I just found this and I love it. I really think you should do a sequel. This was a wonderful story. I loved how Ani and Padme finally got together. Now Luke/Mara and Han/Leia need to get together.

23. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Leiaremer: Thanks, and welcome to the boards! Hope you'll stick around for the sequel and check out the other great fics around the boards! If you want some recommendations, just ask, especially if you like A/A stuff - I know tons!

I'd also like to take this chance to thank RebelMom! Mommy nominated DC for the best AU in the fan fic awards!

UPDATE: My beta, Am, has started working on DC, and I've been editing as well! As soon as it is done, I shall start on the sequel, wooohooo!

If anyone wants, you're welcome to archive it when it's ready, just ask!

And, if anybody happens to read this: Should I change the flash backs to agree with AtoC?

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    You're welcome, P-A.

As for AOTC, I don't think it's necesary since this is an AU anyway. But it's your story and you can do whatever you want.

*makes popcorn and waits for sequel*

P.S. If you haven't nominated your favorite stories yet, get thee to the Writers Resource Board and do it.

25. Leiaremer

Leiaremer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    I don't think you should do the flashback according to AOTC. I think the story is the best the way it is now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.