main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Destiny's Choice (AU - lightside Anakin) last info: 5/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Pallas-Athena, Jun 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    no flashbacks to AOTC.......it would mess up a few of the things you have written.......its your story and it is AU........

2. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    This story is wonderful. I hope it goes to the archives.

3. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks, guys! I guess I'll keep it the same, less work for me ;)

Jedi Johnson: thanks, I was considering archiving it, but I have to clean it up a bit beforehead :) I'll keep any developments posted on this thread.

DC now has a prequel: A Son and Padawan. Find out about Luke's childhood!

4. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    And up we go. This was quite fitting for a boring summer afternoon! ;)

*SB*

5. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Quite a wonderful story here. Had my doubts about reading it but after reading your StSFS, I decided to give it a try. It didn't disappoint. :)

Very predictable bad guy, Kane (already didn't like him when he showed up). Xizor's appearance was a surprise (totally forgot about SotE). His death was just too quick and simple but loved the way that Anakin stated it....a father's duty. :)

Bail was a character that was easy to dislike and then feel sorry for. His death was no surprise due to all of your hints. Sabé's death was a total surprise though. It was heartbreaking, though I understood the reason behind it.

I like your hints of how Anakin being the Chosen One can bring balance to force after not turning to the darkside. Shall look forward to your sequel to see how it will come about.

6. rouge-reblekid

rouge-reblekid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2001
    i am at were leia tells about her dream

7. Aprilise

Aprilise Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    This was a great story. Can't wait for the sequel. Kane is a meanie and needs to be dealt with as does Palipitine before Kane recruits him.

April

8. Anakins_Goddess_01

Anakins_Goddess_01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    pallas i cant wait for the sequal!! i want to read it so bad!! it sounds like it will be good with the way this story ended! and hey i love a/a stuff can you please send some recomendations and links i would love to read them!! :D

tear

9. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    SB: Heehee, thanks :D Glad to know you read it! ;)

lija: Nice to know you liked it :) It is a bit on the longer side, so it must take effort to get through. Yep, Kane is the generic bad guy, maybe I didn't give him enough depth ... he was fun like that, though. By the time I got to the rooftop fight, I just wanted Xizor to die already. Besides, how long could he have lasted against Anakin? I wanted to make it exciting while still true to the characters' abilities as fighters. Xizor never stood a chance. Bail was very easy to dislike, but so is anyone that gets in the way of the romance. I couldn't have everyone be happy with his death because, afterall, Bail did rise Leia and worked in the rebellion, so he must have been a good guy. Ah, and finally somebody sees that Sabe needed to die. It's the Greek Tradgy thing, I think *shrug* I hope you stick around for the sequel and take a peak at the prequel ;) Thanks again!

rouge-reblekid: OOOH, that's a fun part :D Thanks for reading!

Aprilise: Thanks! :D Yeah *shudder* Kane and Palpy ... what a team they'd be ...

Anakins Goddess: Thanks :) Much happy you liked. Recomendations? Well, seeing from your posts, you've already read some of the best A/A stuff around, including my beta/buddy's leaving. Lemme see.

There is my other fic, To Stop the Suns from Setting. It's more of the classic A/A romance thing. Amidala's ship never lands on Tatooine. My other beta, Amidala_Skywalker, has Crystal Tiara (if you like major angst) and If the Mask Fits.

Of course the best link I can give you is to StarBlazer's Ani/Ami Fan Fic Databank. Oh, yes, there is one :D and, oh, yes, it has every A/A currently up at the boards now linked. Ain't the internet a wonerful tool? ;) Have fun.

10. Anakins_Goddess_01

Anakins_Goddess_01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Thanks it looks like i will be reading alot!

11. Asha

Asha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2002
    Oh wow, that was so good! I'm definetely going to read the sequal! Excellent!

12. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    I finally finished reading it.

I think you did a WONDERFUL job with the fic. :)

I'd like to address a few points people raised along the way.

First of all, Bail. I think the main reason to dislike Bail was that he stood between Anakin and Padme. Aside from that, he seemed to be an overall decent person. He may have had his flaws, but he was a good ruler, he loved and raised Leia like she was his own, and his only real fault was loving someone who couldn't love him back the way he wanted.

Kane: I'll admit is truly loathsome. I can't wait to see him get his just deserts in any sequel you have planned.

Palpatine: I think he was left alive because the Jedi (and the Republic) don't have the death penalty. The Jedi do kill, but only when it's absolutely necessary in battle situations (like what Mace Windu did to Jango Fett).

As for a sequel, I'd simply love to read one. It would tie up some loose ends in the fic. Such as how do Luke and Mara get to be together, and what happens with Han and Leia. BTW, since Anakin went to live on Naboo, will he be training Leia more in the Force?

I wonder what shape the Order would be in four years down the road? They would likely have their numbers even further reduced by their own codes of celibacy and people refusing to give their children over for training.

I suspect that Kane will spring Palpatine, which causes Anakin to have to return to duty. Perhaps then the Order will decide to allow its members to marry and have children of their own. It appears that even Obi-Wan now realizes that the rules of celibacy are counter-productive to the Order in terms of both it's continued existence and the lives of it's Knights.

I can't wait to read the sequel. I'm also going to start reading the preguel. When will the sequel be up? :)

Great job! :)

13. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Any word of when a sequel can be expected? :)

14. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    I'm rereading this fic now.

I forgot how good it is. :)

I really hope there's a sequel to it at some point. :)

15. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
  16. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    I'm moving this up so some people I've recommended it to can find it more easily. :)

17. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up. :)

18. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Just thought I'd bump this up a bit. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.