main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destiny's Heir (HTTE AU) Completed 2/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hee!!! Hope Han doesn't blurt out anything LOL

2. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    It had to be Han, he's not one to sit around waiting when he could put himself in the thick of things! Especially where Leia is concerned! How are they going to get out of this one? [face_worried]

So... where's Luke? He didn't go off yet to meet the Noghri.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Leia wondered what she could possibly do. If the Imperials locked them up, she might as well admit to being a Rebel. Then, as she and Nera were roughhoused to the center of the group, she caught sight of the other prisoner, the rat that the major had mentioned. The profile looked familiar, and it was all Leia could not to blurt out a name.

"Hi there," Han Solo said.

Loved it! :D

=D=

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    hehe Han

5. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Overall I think all of the Destiny series stories is good and are well written.

Some of my gripes though is the way you portrayed Anakin falling. He wanted Palps alive until he could make sure Padme would live and yet went along with everything that Palps wanted. It seems you were fitting canon events into your story when they don't fit. True your Anakin had the same failing of canon Anakin in not wanting Padme to die, but it was also tempered by Qui Gon's teachings which were better than Obi-wan's. You make it seem that as soon as Qui Gon fell, which wasn't in any way Anakin's fault like it was with Mace, he decides to give himself to the Sith.

Also what was the point of not having Aalya die on the Death Star if you were just going to have her die above it? I really thought you were going to have Leia trained more by the time she went to Yoda, but oh well.

I haven't read the Thrawn Trilogy, but I think you're Nera is acting too much like Mara at the same point in time in the books. While I agree that she's mad and everything at Leia, to have her as Karrde's second would make her have some modicum of common sense and having her not trust Leia to not put her lightsaber in her back the moment she turns around is to Mara like. Especially since the whole thing with Nera is over a love interest, and not that she killed her master in a perceived traitorous way. So I think Nera's reactions were over the top.

I really do enjoy this series and heres to your next post. Could you put me on the PM list also?

6. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Miraluka: Well, let's just say that you never know where Han's going to show up next.

Liz: Probably. Han's not going to risk him in this situation.

dancing_star: Maybe I should have Luke be the one who gets shot during the battle that we all know is coming?

Jade_eyes: I think Han knows what's at stake.

dm: All in good time, my friend.

VaderLVR: Glad you did.

Sil: Yup, just can't resist that rogue.

whateveritis12: Glad you've found the stories well written so far. I understand your comments regarding Anakin, and I will admit that I did sort of force my Anakin into the continuity of the films. But I needed him to turn, and it seemed that I would have to take advantage of the same fault that Lucas did, namely his inability to let go.

I'd considered having Aayla join Dooku for the fight with Vader, but it just wouldn't have been remotely fair.

I'll be happy to add you to the PM list.

Okay, here comes the next post!

Han saw the two women being brought into the center of the group of stormtroopers, and found his emotions divided. Part of him wanted to throw caution to the winds and attack the troopers that were roughly handling his obviously pregnant wife. But part of him, tempered by loss in war, knew that such an eruption would do little good, and likely get both of them killed. He waited until Leia had been delivered to him, then offered a sardonic half-grin. "Hi there," he said.

"What in space are you doing here?" Leia asked, her voice barely audible as the group began to move. "I thought you were supposed to be?"

"Careful, hon," Han said, keeping his voice low. "We don?t want to let our pals here in on the surprise."

"How did you know??"

"That you were here?" Han asked. "Blame that one whatever Force-enhanced bond you share with your brother. He led us on what seemed like a wild-nerf chase. I have to admit, when we dropped out of hyperspace in the middle of nowhere, I was ready to throttle him."

"But you didn't," Leia said.

"Only because he managed to pick up some trace of your presence. Apparently, once Karrde knocked you out, he didn't see the need to keep an ysalamir near you at all times. Luke was barely able to trace your presence, and directed me here. Or rather, confirmed that you were here."

"What do you mean, confirmed? How many others knew I was here?"

"Well, obviously, the Imperials suspected. But Lando had brought the Falcon here, and I thought it might be a good time to add my weight to the proposition Lando was offering. That, and I didn't like the idea of loaning him the Falcon without being able to keep tabs on him. I took a page from your father's book."

"You put a homing beacon on the Falcon? Han, that seems like a bit of a risk."

"Well, the risk seemed worth it. Besides, it was one of Lando's old beacons. So even if someone was looking, they'd be looking for Lando, and not the Falcon." It was only now that Han seemed to really take note of Nera. "And you must be Nera Dantels. Lando told me there was something familiar about you, but he couldn't put his finger on it."

"He probably thought I'd rejected him at some point."

"You probably did, if you had any sense at all." Han narrowed his eyes. "You were the smuggler that kept trying to make an inroad with Biggs Darklighter," he said, finally realizing what Lando had missed. "The one that kept trying to pry him away from Leia."

"Was it that obvious?" Leia asked.

"Well, Biggs never made any sort of reply to Nera's efforts, though to me it was fairly clear that she wanted him for herself," Han said.

"And somehow, I managed to miss all of this," Leia said.

"Well, you had your eyes on a different prize, and you were a little caught up in training as a Jedi," Han said.

"So I'm not just ignorant, I'm obtuse," Leia said.

"Let's just say you weren't as observant as you might have been," Han said. "I presume you two have some sort of pla

7. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nice. Cann't wait to see what happens next.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. Like the bantering tone between Han and Leia. :)

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    "But you didn't," Han said.

I think you mean Leia here? cause its right after Han saying how he got to Myrkyr.

Anyway, the upcoming posts should be interesting. I hope we see if Mara gets off that planet soon.

10. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    "I presume you two have some sort of plan?"

Leia just looked at him. "I thought that's what you were here for?"

"Nope," Han said. "I'm just the distraction." His hands, which had been bound in front of him, were now free. "Trick cuffs," he said, then got to work freeing the hands of the two women.

I'm interested to see just what kind of plan they have. [face_thinking] Hope it's a good one! And you wouldn't shoot poor Lukie would you? [face_worried]
    Great job as always!! Loved the Han/Leia banter! :cool:
    =D= =D==D==D=

11. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    "Nope," Han said. "I'm just the distraction." And what a distraction!! =P~

Loved the Han/Leia banter. I noticed the same issue with Han saying something that should have been Leia, but I see someone else pointed that out.

Keep this coming! I can't wait to see who comes up with a plan!

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004

"Well, you had your eyes on a different prize, and you were a little caught up in training as a Jedi," Han said.

"So I'm not just ignorant, I'm obtuse," Leia said.

"Let's just say you weren't as observant as you might have been," Han said. "I presume you two have some sort of plan?"

Leia just looked at him. "I thought that's what you were here for?"

"Nope," Han said. "I'm just the distraction." His hands, which had been bound in front of him, were now free. "Trick cuffs," he said, then got to work freeing the hands of the two women.

Lovely Han/Leia interaction! =D=

13. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Miraluka: Then read on, 'cause the next post is ready.

Jade_eyes: Where is that banter of late in the profic? It seems like the authors have forgotten why it was we loved those two together.

Liz: I did. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

dancing: I haven't decided about shooting Luke. But remember, it won;t be a deadly shot...

dm: Yes, Han is quite a distraction.

VaderLVR: Glad you liked the interaction.

Okay, here comes the next post!

"You're sure that this plan's going to work?" Luke asked Lando as the two watched from the window of a hotel overlooking the city gate. Before them loomed the massive stone archway that served to allow visitors to enter, and daring the surrounding forest to just try and encroach.

"Can't ever be sure with a situation like this," Lando said. "But if there's a wild card I'd like on my side, it's Han Solo."

"Not to mention Nera," Aves added from the other side of the room. "She's shown that she's pretty good with a blaster."

"If she can get her hands on one," Lando said. "If it were just me, I'd prefer she keep out of the fighting. Leia, too."

"You're concerned about the effect of the ysalamiri on her ability to defend herself?" Luke asked.

"I trust Leia, don?t get me wrong," Lando said. "But she's had years to develop her abilities with the Force, and she's grown to rely on them. To have the Force stripped from her, it would be like one of us suddenly losing a limb. We simply wouldn't function as well without it."

"She obviously functioned well enough to escape from Karrde," Luke said, then turned to Aves. "No offense intended."

"None taken," Aves said. "Our focus was a little divided by the time Leia pulled her stunt. If the Imperials hadn't been breathing down our necks?"

"Leia still would have found a way out," Lando said. "It might have taken her a little longer, but let this serve to teach you just how futile it is to try and keep a Jedi locked up."

"Even deprived of the Force," Luke added.

"Still, I think Leia's going to be in more danger than she realizes if she takes an active role in what's coming," Lando said.

"She's a big girl, Calrissian," Aves said. "She'll be able to take care of herself."

"I take it you have some sort of plan?" Nera asked as Han freed her hands. Leia was keeping hers close together in front of her, hoping that the troopers wouldn't notice the binders that now lay about five feet behind them.

"Plan?" Han asked innocently. "I thought you would have the plan." At the look of outrage on Nera's face, he tossed a smirk in Leia's direction. "Lando and Luke are holed up with a bunch of Karrde's people, waiting for the troopers to make their way in range. When they do so, the real party begins."

"And what if the troopers don?t oblige?" Nera asked.

"Then we create a reason for them to bring us closer," Han said.

"Then we'd better do it, quick," Leia said. "They've got a Chariot Assault Vehicle moving in."

"They get that thing under cover, and there's no way that Lando and the others will be able to take them out," Han said. "This could be trouble, sweetheart."

"If that Chariot gets down, we'll never have a chance."

"Actually, I'm hoping that they'll think that," Leia said, giving Han a smile. "Hon, would you mind causing a little distraction? One that might get the Imperials to move us closer to the Chariot?"

"I can certainly try," Han said. "No, I'll do it," he added hastily, as Leia looked ready to speak. "I don?t need to hear any more sage advice from your old Master."

++++++++++++

I'll be getting the next post up middle of the week. And this time I've got the time to get the post written, which is something that I haven't had this past week.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

14. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    The fight is on! Great work!

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun update. :) Things are about to come together nicely. :D

16. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    "I can certainly try," Han said. "No, I'll do it," he added hastily, as Leia looked ready to speak. "I don?t need to hear any more sage advice from your old Master."
    Hee! :D Great update as always! I can't wait to see their plan work! (hopefully [face_worried])
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    "I trust Leia, don?t get me wrong," Lando said. "But she's had years to develop her abilities with the Force, and she's grown to rely on them. To have the Force stripped from her, it would be like one of us suddenly losing a limb. We simply wouldn't function as well without it."

"She obviously functioned well enough to escape from Karrde," Luke said, then turned to Aves. "No offense intended."

"None taken," Aves said. "Our focus was a little divided by the time Leia pulled her stunt. If the Imperials hadn't been breathing down our necks?"

"Leia still would have found a way out," Lando said. "It might have taken her a little longer, but let this serve to teach you just how futile it is to try and keep a Jedi locked up."

"Even deprived of the Force," Luke added.

"Still, I think Leia's going to be in more danger than she realizes if she takes an active role in what's coming," Lando said.

"She's a big girl, Calrissian," Aves said. "She'll be able to take care of herself."

That she is! :p

=D=

18. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

19. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Miraluka: Yup, the real fight's about to begin.

Jade_eyes: And some things will come apart, as well.

dancing_star: You're not saying you doubt the plan, are you?

VaderLVR: Indeed.

ccp: Thanks!

And here comes the next post!

Han erupted into the middle of the crowd of Imperials, swinging the manacles that were now hanging from his wrist. Leia almost winced as they smacked into the faceplate of one trooper, who Han used almost like a springboard to launch himself into a second. The two went down in a tangle, and Han came up with the troopers blaster. "Wonder what I should do with this?" he asked loudly, guaranteeing that he now had the attention of every Imperial. Leia used the distraction to move to the edge of the group.

"Artoo!" she called, and the little droid began wheeling towards her as fast as he could.

"The droid's never going to get here," Nera said.

"I don?t need him to," Leia said. "Just a few more moments, and he'll be within range. How's Han doing?"

"Well, he's certainly got their attention. Problem is, they're all so focused on him that he's not going to remain free much longer."

"He doesn't need to," Leia said. "Now, Artoo!" The droid paused, and something shot into the air.

"You're not going to able to guide it like you did on Tatooine," Nera said.

"I don?t need to," Leia said, extending a hand. Her lightsaber dropped into it. But rather than igniting the blade, Leia tucked it away.

"What in space do you think you're doing?" Nera asked.

"It's simple. I want them to drag us back towards that Chariot," Leia said, indicating the assault vehicle that was settling down near the archway. More troopers were moving into the streets of the city, but they halted their advance as blasters opened up on them from the various townhouses.

"That'll be Karrde," Nera said. "But those houses aren't going to offer him cover for very long. Especially if that Chariot opens up."

"Then we need to take the Chariot out of the picture," Leia said. She'd just finished speaking when a hard grip settled around her wrist, and she felt herself being pulled towards the archway. She was dumped there a moment later, joining Han, who was looking a little worse for wear.

"How'd we do?" Han asked.

"I think we did just fine," Leia said. A trooper deposited Nera with them a few moments later, then settled himself into guard position. Clearly, the Imperials meant to keep their prisoners contained. That was fine with Leia, because it would play right into her hands. The more focused the Imperials were on threats from the outside, the less likely they would notice one from within.

"Whatever you're pkanning, you'd better do it quick," Nera said. "The Imps are staring to pin down Karrde's people."

"Then get ready to move," Leia said, drawing the lightsaber. She activated the weapon, knowing that the characteristic snap-hiss would certainly draw attention. The turquoise blade cleaved the nearby trooper in half, and then Leia turned her attention to her real target. She sliced through one support. "Go!" she yelled, then flung the weapon towards the second support. It sliced easily through the aged stone, and with a terrific roar, the whole structure came crashing down.

"I thought you said a Jedi shouldn't be without a lightsaber," Han said. "And now yours is buried beneath a ton of rubble."

"No it isn't," Leia said, making her way around the pile. Lying on the ground, it's blade hissing against any blade of grass that touched it, lay the lightsaber. "I made sure that it's path would take it clear. Sometimes, I amaze even myself."

"That's my line," Han said.

"I know," Leia said with a smile.

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More will be coming this weekend, though more likely Sunday, as I hope to be celebrating a UW-Whitewater national championship on Saturday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

20. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    tehe :D

Nice work, Han :D

21. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Very nice. Good work.

22. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Han always was good with distractions! ;) All that Corellian yelling is bound to attract attention. Good work on both Han and Leia's part! It's nice to see a Jedi able to function independent of using the Force; it's a tool, not a crutch!

I loved Leia throwing Han's line about amazing oneself back at him, too funny!

Can't wait to see what happens next!

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    in case you were wondering, I'm still reading, just behind on my replies.

They'll all be reunited soon. Hope Luke won't get injured.....

24. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: You didn't expect anything less from our favorite scoundrel, did you?

Miraluka: Thnaks!

dm1: Yes, the Force is indeed a tool, not a crutch. And only Leia can get away throwing Han's line back at him.

Liz: I never doubted that, especially given that you'd given me fair warning back at the beginning. Glad you're still enjoying it!

Okay, here comes the next post.

The first blaster bolt splintered the frame of the window he was firing through, and Lando jerked back. The second bolt, only a moment later, passed through the opening without difficulty, and expended its fury in Lando's left shoulder. He fell back, his left hand falling away from its grip on the weapon. He let the carbine drop, as his right hand shot to his shoulder.

"Lando!" Luke said, rushing to his friend and pulling the older man out of the way. "Aves, we're going to need some help here!"

"I'll see what I can do, but nobody's moving as long as that Chariot's sitting out there and giving the Imperials all the time in the world." Aves resumed his fire, leaving Luke to handle Lando.

"Don't worry, buddy," Lando said. "I've been hit with a lot worse than this and survived. I just wish they hadn't ruined my favorite shirt."

Luke shook his head with a sigh. 'We're fighting for our lives, not to mention Han and Leia's, and you're worried about your clothes?"

"If this is where I'm going to make my final jump, Luke, I want to do it in style. Not wearing a shirt with a hole from a blaster bolt and my blood all over it."

"If we don?t make it through this, I doubt the Imperials are going to care much about what you're wearing," one of Karrde's other people, Dankin, called over. "They'll toss your body in with ours, and consider themselves lucky to have rooted out a few more traitors."

"Come on, let's stay optimistic," Luke said, taking a quick look down at the arch where they'd seen the stormtroopers dump Han, Leia, and Nera. "As long as Leia's down there, we still have a chance."

"Not to burst your bubble Senator, but I'd rather not place all my faith in one pregnant woman," Dankin said.

"There's a whole host of people who have underestimated Leia," Lando said. "There aren't many of us left who have been given the chance to rectify that mistake."

"Well, I'll believe it when I?" Dankin was cut off by a terrific roar from outside. "What in blazes?"

"The arch is down, and it looks like the Chariot's fired its last shot," Luke said.

"Along with most of the stormtroopers. Should be easy going from here, even for you, Calrissian."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Aves," Lando said. "Let's get down there and see what we can do."

"You're staying right here," Luke said. "There's no point aggravating your injury."

"If I can return the favor to a few more Imperials, I'd say it's worth the risk," Lando said.

"Listen to the senator, Calrissian. If something happens to either of you, I don't want Solo coming after me for my hide."

"Either of them," Dankin added. "Don't forget that Skywalker Solo isn't going to look fondly upon us if we let anything happen to her brother."

"I'm capable of taking care of myself," Luke said, drawing the lightsaber that Leia had recently given him. "Or have you forgotten what one of these can do?"

"Have you forgotten about the ysalamiri?"

"So I'll be a little more clumsy," Luke said. "I can still handle any stormtrooper stupid enough not to have surrendered by now."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. I'm not going to be posting during the week this week, and perhaps not even next weekend, due to the Christmas holiday. But if I can, I'll get a post up next Sunday.

May the season of Christmas offer you all it's best,

Tych_sel

25. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Lando's always one to want to go out in style! Great update, and never ever underestimate one pregnant lady, they can be vicious if they need to be.

Happy holidays, everyone! I'm already enjoying Hanukkah, even if hubby is away at his job for the week; at least I'll get him back early, on Wednesday evening instead of Friday afternoon. Then the following week is our 23rd wedding anniversary. (Jan. 1; that way everyone can celebrate with us!) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.