main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destiny's Heir (HTTE AU) Completed 2/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Wow! That was amazing! Really love the opposite AUness of it!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the PM :)

Amazing update!!! Love very much how different things are but how natural--it all still retains the HTTE feel and tone. =D=

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excellent update!

4. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Leia has certainly grown wise and strong. She'll need both those qualities to face a mortal foe.

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    yeah, poor Leia

6. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    dancing_star: Leia is strong enough to handle Aayla fading, but then again, she's got more shoulders to lean on than Luke did.

Liz: Did I say three? I don't remember that...

PHGS: Glad you liked it!

Jade_eyes: I think that's one of the reasons I love HttE. The whole thing just seems so natural. But then, the same could be said of Zahn's non-SW work as well.

ccp: Thanks!

Kripp: Yes, she's got Anakin's power and Padme's wisdom. She certainly will need both to handle Thrawn.

Sil: Pulling at your heartstrings a bit, was I?

Okay, here comes the next post!

The shuttle hovered over the city's central square, then the wings folded as its pilot brought it down. Already, Psadans and Myernishi were emerging from their homes, looking at the shuttle, some with awe, some with trepidation, and some with outright hatred. Gases billowed from the spacecraft as the pilot shut down the engines, and then, the ramp at the shuttle's rear lowered. A cloaked, hooded figured emerged, and looked around. "This is not what my master left behind," she said.

"His vaunted Guardian is dead," a voice said, drawing the pilot's attention. He was human, and appeared to be in his eighties, though age wasn't always easily determined. He wore a simple brown robed, belted at the waist. His gray beard flowed to about the center of his chest, and his eyes, a starling shade of blue, were fixed on the female pilot who had dared land without obtaining his permission. "I killed him, and brought these people together under my rule."

"Your rule?" the pilot asked. "And by what right do you claim to rule?"

"I am a Jedi Master. That in and of itself is all the right I need."

"The Jedi I recalled were servants, not rulers. They lacked the backbone to rule, lacked the ability to place their will above another's. Therefore, you cannot be a Jedi." If one could have seen beneath the shadow of the hood, one would see a slight smile forming on the woman's ruby lips.

"You require proof," the man said. "You may join the Emperor's Guardian." Blue white lightning leapt from his fingertips, racing towards the pilot?and vanishing inches from her. The pilot smiled, and lowered her hood, revealing red-brown hair, and startlingly cold green eyes. "You are not Jedi," the old man said, appearing confused.

"No," Lumiya said. "I am Sith." Then she let the energy she'd absorbed from the old man's assault loose, a powerful blast of Dark Side lightning that slammed into the man, forcing him back. "You thought yourself a Master, but you know nothing of the Dark Side." She lowered one hand, but continued to pour the energy out with the other. Her dropped hand came up with her lightsaber. She thumbed it on, a crimson blade blazing into existence.

Even as she did, the aliens that had emerged upon her arrival exploded into action. They launched themselves at her, fired crude projectiles from crossbows that were intended to kill her, and tossed rocks that could have easily brained her. She batted the crossbow bolts away, and caught the rocks using the Force. "Tell them to stop," she said to the downed man. "Or else they will die."

"Their lives are mine to use as I please," the man said. "I am the Jedi Master Joruus C'Boath, and you will learn the price that comes with defying me. And then, my young Sith, you will die."

"I'm afraid that will not work," Lumiya said. She returned the lightsaber to her belt, drawing a weapon that was even more exotic than the Jedi weapon. She uncurled it, and activated it, energy buzzing along the multiple strands. "You see, I have need of what lies within the mountain. And you are in my way." She licked her wrist, and the strands of the lightwhip snaked out.

C'Boath threw up his hands, creating a Force wall that stopped the lightwhip dead. But Lumiya hadn't planned on the weapon being entirely effective. She broke loose a chunk of the mountain itself, and dropped it on C'Boath. She then turned to those who

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    [Madame Razz from "She-Ra"] Oh Dearie My.....[face_worried] [/Madame Razz]

Sorry, I guess it wasn't three......I misread that. :p

8. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Oh Dear team!

Well that was one way to deal with the insane clone wannabe Emperor! Top marks for initiative and sheer awesomeness!

Great Job! Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

9. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    :eek: Wow! Stellar update! Awesome job!:) More soon please!![face_batting]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! Cool update =D= Lumiya won't be as easily "used" as C'boath was [face_worried] Harder to defeat I think as well [face_worried] [face_thinking]

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I missed an update! :oops: But now I'm all caught up. Loving this story!

C'Boath threw up his hands, creating a Force wall that stopped the lightwhip dead. But Lumiya hadn't planned on the weapon being entirely effective. She broke loose a chunk of the mountain itself, and dropped it on C'Boath. She then turned to those who had attacked her. "C'Boath is dead. Your lives belong to me now. Serve me well, and you shall live. Defy me, and you will join C'Boath."

And that's that. :p Loved it! =D=

12. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    My apologies...dial up internet has kept me away.
    Ooh, Lumiya in place of C'Baoth! Something wicked this way comes... and Aayla's goodbye to Leia was perfect. Qui-Gon trained Anakin? Must know more...
    Great job and I will keep up as best as I can!

13. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
  14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    so she kills Cbaoth

15. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Liz: Since I'm not familiar with the source, I can't speak for the appropriateness of the quote.

PHGS: Lumiya's not going to leave an adversary like C'Boath at her back. She's also got reason to seek out what's in Palpatine's storehouse.

dancing_star: Glad you liked seeing Lumiya step up. The next post is ready, so read on!

jade_eyes: Yes, I think manipulating Lumiya will be much more difficult because she's got a purpose set in mind before she runs into Thrawn. And seeing as she's got training C'Boath didn't, she'll likely be tougher to defeat.

VaderLVR: Glad you liked seeing Lumiya flatten C'Boath.

SithGirl: You'll find Anakin's training in "Destiny's Choice." Glad you liked Aayla's goodbye.

Sil: Yup.

Hope everybody had a happy holiday, as the next post is ready!

I think this place may actually be more of a dive than the cantina in Mos Eisley, Han Solo thought as he sat, legs stretched out under the table. His hand hung loosely beside him, within easy reach of his blaster. Beside him, Chewbacca rumbled a question.

"This is just typical Dravis," Han said. "It'd be a complete departure for him to be on time for anything. Man would probably be late to his own funeral if it were possible."

"Better to be late to one's funeral than early," a voice said from behind Han. Han turned slightly, and saw the object of this little excursion. "Well, hello, Dravis. Long time, no see."

"That's because I don't move in your exalted circles," Dravis said, taking a seat opposite Han. "Heard you'd given up the life, settled down with a Jedi. Must make certain activities rather interesting, though I for one don?t see the attraction. Too much peace and justice, and we smugglers find ourselves out of work."

"That's why I asked you to come and meet with me," Han said. "The New Republic needs to get interstellar trade going again after all of Palpatine's crackdowns. No tricks, just simple, honest work."

"And what makes you think I'm interested in honest work. Half the attraction to smuggling is the danger involved. Not to mention higher profits. I just don't think that working for the government is going to go over very well."

"So what are you planning to do?" Han asked, leaning forward. "Part of what made hiring smugglers worthwhile were the tariffs imposed on trade by the Empire. Already, things are starting to change. Let's face it, ten years ago, you wouldn't have had time for a meeting like this one."

"Yeah, but sooner or later, your beautiful Republic's going to wake up to reality. All those people who fought with stars in their eyes are going to start asking for cash. And then, my friend, we'll see how long your minimal-tariff situation lasts."

"Assuming that happens, which I doubt, you're still going to have to keep Billey's people together. What are you going to do, operate in Imperial space?"

"It pays," Dravis said. Han could tell that this wasn't going the way he wanted it to.

"Maybe for now. But sooner or later, the Imperial leaders are going to wake up to the fact that they're not the Empire they used to be. They can't keep throwing their weight around as if they had a fleet of thousands of Star Destroyers to call upon."

"Maybe that's what would have happened if the old guard remained in charge. But I heard that an entire fleet got lost out in the Obroa-skai system. Maybe the Empire isn't as toothless as you'd like me to believe." Dravis stood. "Been nice chatting with you, Solo."

Han caught the other's arm. "Dravis, just give your people our offer, okay?"

"I'll pass it along," Dravis said.

"Oh, and Dravis," Han said, almost as an afterthought. "Who's the big fish in the pond now that Jabba the Hutt's gone? I mean, everybody knows Booster Terrik's in semi-retirement, and Mazzic doesn't have the clout yet to take over things."

"I'll let you have this one free of charge, for old times' sake," Dravis said. "Besides, it really isn't a

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I love the sound of both of those: alone time between Han and Leia ;) and Talon-another scoundrel with a heart of gold [face_dancing] Yum! :D

17. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
  18. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Hmmm, which member of the council was sending Han off? Surely not Luke.........

Ah, so Talon is still going to be a part of this. Now the question is, will one of his employees have a grudge against Luke or Leia? probably not.....

And you're probably too young to remember He-Man & She-Ra cartoons by Filmation. Madame Razz is a character from the She-Ra series.

19. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Sorry I missed a couple updates; my internet?s been wonky, and left me playing catch-up.

It?s very cool seeing the different AU aspects of this story come into play.

I like your Leia. Good to see her being featured more. Lumiya is also a good read; she?s looking like a formidable villain. :cool:

[face_laugh] I love it! In fact, I really enjoyed that whole scene between Han and Dravis. It was a great look at Han?s changing relationship with the smuggling scene, and funny to boot.

Good updates! Sorry again I fell behind. :p

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    ah yes, the heir to teh crime ring after Jabba's death. nice meeting bt Han and his old bud

21. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Well, Solo, business is business. You've lost a good part of your pragmatism, unfortunately.

22. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    "This is just typical Dravis," Han said. "It'd be a complete departure for him to be on time for anything. Man would probably be late to his own funeral if it were possible."
    [face_laugh]
    "Better to be late to one's funeral than early," a voice said from behind Han.
    I suppose that's true. :p

Nice job, Tych_sel!! Perfect Han! Wonderful!!!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=
    P.S. Sorry it took me awhile to get to this. I've been sick. [face_tired] You did an awesome job, though! [:D]

23. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Great Job!

This was great as always!

Looking forward to more!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! And I hope Han gets some time alone with Leia before they get caught up in parenting twins! :p

Great post! =D=

25. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    jade_eyes: Well, you'll certainly get Talon, as he steps into the spotlight today.

Liz: I haven't decided for certain who's responsible, though my gyt says Fey'lya. As for Karrde & his organization, well, read on...

Face: I'd say Leia's a little more certain of her destiny than the canon Luke, which means she needs a more formidable villian. Hence, Lumiya. Glad you found the humor there. It's an important part of Han's character.

Sil: I had to throw in the meeting with Dravis.

Kripp: When it all comes down to it, I think you'll see that Han can still be a pragmatist.

dancing_star: Hope you're feeling better.

PHGS: More is certainly coming.

VaderLVR: Hope we might, but something tells me that the lovebirds aren't going to get the chance.

Okay, here comes Talon!

Chapter 2

The door to the office slid open, and Talon Karrde looked up from the datapad he'd been consulting. He'd received a message from one of his contacts that the New Republic was beginning to reach out to smuggling organizations across the galaxy. While Karrde thought he'd kept his profile low enough that he wouldn't be noticed, it didn't hurt to be prepared. Which was part of why he'd requested the presence of the woman now standing in his doorway.

"Aves said you wanted to see me?" she said. In the time since he'd been able to convince her that the fortunes of war weren't going to last forever, Karrde had gotten something of a feel for her personality. And while she'd occasionally worked for the Rebel Alliance, she'd managed to keep her head down often enough that her face wasn't known to the Empire.

"Yes, Nera," Karrde said. "There's a good chance that the organization is going to be approached by the New Republic. I wanted to hear your thoughts."

"Given my past history with them?" Nera Dantels asked. "There aren't likely to be too many who remember me fondly. Ackbar among them."

"But there are some, which is more than I can say for myself," Karrde said. "Of course, I'll have to cut you loose from the organization for this particular task."

"You mean in order to appease the Empire," Nera said.

"I can't risk irritating the Empire at this point," Karrde said. "They still have too much of a presence in this part of space, and would jeopardize operations elsewhere as well. I can't just throw my people's lives away on a whim. But I think that the New Republic is more likely to succeed in the long run."

"Unless what we've heard about this new commander the Empire's discovered proves to be as valid as it's credited to be. If they've found someone who can rally the troops?"

"All the more reason to?" Karrde broke off in mid-sentence as an alarm began to screech. He reached over to the comm. panel. "This is Karrde. What's the emergency?"

"Imperial Star Destroyer just dropped out of lightspeed," Aves said. "Looks like they're dropping a pair of shuttles. Shall I arrange an intercept?"

"Not yet," Karrde said. "Let's see if we can be of any assistance to them. I'd rather be on the Empire's good side at this point. Open a hailing frequency."

"You have hailing," Aves said, his image replaced by that of a middle-aged man wearing the rank bars of an Imperial captain.

"Yes?" he said.

"Greetings, Captain," Karrde said. 'I'm Talon Karrde. Might I be of some assistance?"

"I don't think so, Captain Karrde," the other said. "We won't be long."

"You're after the ysalamiri then," Karrde said. "I assume you've the necessary equipment?"

"Excuse me?" the captain said.

"the equipment necessary to get them off their branches safely. A full grown ysalamir is sessile, Captain, so unless you want them dead, you need to know how to get them off the braches they're clinging to."

"Something you're willing to provide?" the captain said. "What's this going to cost me?"

"No charge, Captain. I just wish to be neighborly."

"I'll signal the stormtrooper commander to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.