main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destiny's Heir (HTTE AU) Completed 2/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

2. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Isn't the pupil supposed to surpass the Master? In which case, Lumiya is far from being at equal level with Sidious or even Vader.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful update. Thrawn and Lumiya are both so strong and so determined not to be "handled"--their cooperation is very guarded. [face_thinking] ;)

4. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Great Job Tych!

This is going to be great! Can't wait for more!

PHGS Weyr

5. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    dancing_star: More is here, so I'm hoping you'll continue to enjoy!

VaderLVR: Certainly worth thinking about, isn't it?

Kevin: I wouldn't say Lumiya's under Thrawn's control. She may be letting him think she's there, but I'd say it's likely she'll turn on him as soon as she doesn't need him anymore.

ccp: Thanks!

Kripp: Just wait and see. She'll be showing her stuff as this moves forward.

Jade_eyes: Yes, neither is willing to simply bow to the other, wchich I think is to be expected given the personalities involved.

PHGS: I hope it'll prove to be worth the wait!

Okay, here comes the next post!

"?but he said he'd pass the offer along. Which, I have to say, is more than I really expected to come of this," Han said. Then he leaned back, and giving Luke a quick look, waited for the criticism to begin.

"So, once again, your old friends refuse to make any commitments," Borsk Fey'lya said, is cream-colored fur rippling in some Bothan gesture that Han didn't recognize. And here, he thought, I thought I'd seen them all. One of these days, he was going to have to sit down with Luke or Pooja and figure out just how to read the Bothan.

"Because of me," Admiral Ackbar said. "That is what you were going to suggest, isn't it, Councilor Fey'lya?"

"It's not because of you, Admiral," Luke said. If he didn't intervene, this was going to head right back to where things had been before Mon Mothma had asked to have Han come in.

"The smugglers just don?t see any real reason to discontinue their current activities," Han said. He'd barely gotten the last word out before the thought, did I just say that? popped into his mind. Now I know I'm spending too much time with politicians, he thought. I'm starting to sound like one.

"I just don?t see any reason to keep sending someone like Captain Solo out on these contact missions if they're doomed to failure.

"They're not doomed to failure," Pooja said. "The smugglers are simply waiting for the return of law and order to the galaxy."

"As are all," Mon Mothma said. "The Council thanks Captain Solo for his report, and with that, this meeting is concluded." Fey'lya left first, while Ackbar hung back a moment, speaking with Mon Mothma. Han headed for Luke and Pooja.

"I take it things weren't going well before Mon Mothma had me brought in."

"You could say that," Luke said. "Fey'lya and Ackbar had another of their quiet political dogfights."

"Over what this time? That thing out at Obroa-skai?" Han asked.

"That little thing cost us an assault force, Han," Pooja said. "Fey'lya wasn't going to let that kind of an opportunity slip past."

"Of course not," Han said.

"Luke?" Mon Mothma called, and approached Luke, Han and Pooja. "I wondered if you'd spoken with Leia and Mara about the Bimmisaari trip."

Luke gave Han a look that suggested embarrassment. While the two had more or less assumed that Leia would be accompanying them, throwing Mara into the picture added a whole new dimenion to things.

"Sorry, Han," Luke said. "The Bimms asked that both Leia and Mara accompany us."

"Just once," Han said, "I'd like to be able to spend some time as a family without Mara entering the picture."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More will be coming on Wednesday, with the arrival on Bimmisaari.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

6. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Great update, Tychsel! Loved it! :D[face_dancing]
    "Sorry, Han," Luke said. "The Bimms asked that both Leia and Mara accompany us."

"Just once," Han said, "I'd like to be able to spend some time as a family without Mara entering the picture."

[face_plain] Han's not too fond of Mara is he? He sure didn't trust her very much in HTTE, but rightly so. After all, she wanted to kill Luke! [face_worried] Luckily though, Farmboy eventually turned her around. [face_love]

Wonderful job!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

7. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Hmm. I didn't read Destiny's Heir.

So, Lumiya killed C'Baoth.

You see, Shira is more powerful than Mara!
    [face_love]

You can add me to the PM list for this fic.

8. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Great post!

Thanks for the pm!

I don't care how AU the universe gets, some people will always be together, Luke and Mara are one such couple, Han should just get used to her...

Great job!

PHGS Weyr

9. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

10. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    At least both sides are having arguments among their members.

11. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004

Loved that part! :p

Sorry I haven't said much...I have been reading though, and I'd like to say great job! I'm especially enjoying the tension between Thrawnie and Lumiya. :)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved Han's POV... very him. :* :D Woohoo!!! So Mara's going on the Bimmisaari trip too? [face_dancing]

Fave line: "Just once," Han said, "I'd like to be able to spend some time as a family without Mara entering the picture."

Well, there's one way to solve that little glitchy--make her part of it!!!! Sorry, Tych, I couldn't resist!!! LOL ;)

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

[face_thinking] Hmmmm....

A great update. =D=

14. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    A good update! =D= The clash between Borsk Fey'lya and Admiral Ackbar was, sadly, predictable. However, I liked Han finding out that he was sounding like a politician:

"The smugglers just don?t see any real reason to discontinue their current activities," Han said. He'd barely gotten the last word out before the thought, did I just say that? popped into his mind. Now I know I'm spending too much time with politicians, he thought. I'm starting to sound like one.

:eek:[face_laugh] Think about this, Han. In an alternate universe, you could have ended up married to one! o_O I was also amused by Han's suspicion about Mara:

Of course he's suspicious, as he was in Heir to the Empire. In that time line, Luke and Mara eventually got together. Will this still happen, or will she have nothing to do with him here because he's a politician? :D[face_thinking][face_talk_hand]

15. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Hello! Apologies for being gone so long... I've finally caught up and it was worth the wait!
    Lumiya may not be acting that smart now, but it's only a matter of time before she does something and turns on Thrawn. I love your characterisation of her!
    Han doesn't like Mara...I wonder if maybe his suspicions may be founded in reality? And I really want to know who Nera is.
    I love how this story is going and I will definitely keep reading!

16. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Han still not liking Mara, eh? nice post

17. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Han could try to play matchmaker and then he could get some private time with Leia. Its all in the way you play your sabaac hand, Han.... ;) [face_whistling]

18. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    dancing_star: I think right now, Han just wants a little alone time with Leia, though he might still be a little unsure about Mara. After all, she did try to kill Leia!

MU: I don;t know if I'd say that Shira is more powerful than Mara. Who knows what Mara could have achieved if Palpy had trained her fully in the ways of the Sith?

PHGS: So you're saying that Luke and Mara are predestined for each other?

ccp: Thanks!

Kripp: Hey, there's going to squabbling any time you get people together who happen to have differing views.

Thrawn: Glad you're liking the tension among the Imperials, and hope you'll continue to follow this!

Jade_eyes: How did I know that was going to be your solution? [face_laugh]

VaderLVR: Glad you liked!

Kevin: Yes, one must wonder what this universe's Han would think about what happened to him in canon. Though I think he'd accept it, since he still got Leia. As Mara, well, you'll just have to wait and see.

SithGirl: There's a fine line to walk with Lumiya. She combines elements of so many other characters that it's actually kind of tough to write her, especially when I've decided to make her the villianess of this fic. I don;t want her turning into another Sidious or Vader, but I don;t want her being just a dark version of Mara either. Nonetheless, there are times she'll probably be appearing to channel any one of those three!

Sil: I wouldn't say he doesn't like her, but he would have appreciated a little alone time with Leia.

Liz: That's actually not a bad idea...

Okay, here comes the next post!

Chapter 4

"Well, here we are," Han said as he brought the Falcon in on the vector the Bimms had designated for them. "Fur and yellow clothes a specialty."

"Han, for once, would you please try and be a little diplomatic?" Luke asked. "We're trying to get the Bimms to join the New Republic, not turn them into another enemy."

"Real dangerous they could be too," Han said, with a heavy dose of sarcasm. "I mean, really, Luke, who's going to take the Bimms seriously?"

"Who would have thought a bunch of tribal bears could have driven the Empire off?" Mara asked, ducking into the cockpit. A slight sheen of sweat glistened on her upper lip. "Yet I seem to recall you telling me that the Ewoks did precisely that."

"Threepio ready to do his part?" Han asked. He figured that as long as Leia and Mara were going to be joining them, he might as well let them babysit the protocol droid. The longer Han could go without having to deal with Threepio, the better.

"Leia's finishing with him now," Mara said, and Han became aware that her focus wasn't so much on him, or the vista beyond the canopy. She was giving Luke a kind of odd look. Or rather, not so odd from Han's perspective. He'd given Leia similar looks during the period leading up to when he'd finally asked her to marry him.

Han set the Falcon down, and began powering down the systems. "Chewie, stay here. I've got a feeling that something's up," he said, looking out the viewport towards the group that had assembled. "I'd like a skifter that I can throw their way." Chewbacca whuffed an acknowledgement. Han rose, and left the cockpit, meeting up with Luke, Leia, Mara, and Threepio.

"This is where the fun begins," Leia said.

"Yeah, real fun," Han said. He started down the ramp, letting Threepio go first. It wasn't out of any sense of protocol, but more a sense of utility. After all, Threepio was the one who spoke the local language.

The protocol droid was already engaged with one of the yellow-clad Bimms, then, after a brief discussion, turned back towards Han and the others. "I'm terribly sorry, but it appears that the Bimms' chief negotiator has become ill. They will be unable to meet with us today. Also, our host requests that Captain Solo return his weapon to the ship."

"And why in space would I??" Has said, trailing off as Leia glanced at him. Sh

19. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Excellent update, Tych_sel! Can't wait for more! :D Should be quite interesting and quite the twist having Mara at the museum too.
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

20. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Leia at the marketplace...and Han, Luke, and Mara at the Tower... yikes! This is going to be interesting!

21. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
  22. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Great job!

Oh dear... I really need to re-read TTT.

Thanks for the PM!

I'm really looking forward to the next post!

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "Well, here we are," Han said as he brought the Falcon in on the vector the Bimms had designated for them. "Fur and yellow clothes a specialty."

Oh yeah, that's SO Han! :D

=D=

24. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    uh-oh they got Leia alone in the marketplace

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. =D= First confrontation with the Noghri I think is coming up. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.