main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destiny's Heir (HTTE AU) Completed 2/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  2. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Hey great job!

Hmm... I wonder did Mara tell them about Thrawn already? She must still know of his abilites

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS WEYR

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    sorry I've fallen behind in posting right away. Good posts. I imagine that Han won't be happy with Leia going off in her X-Wing to Dagobah? Now the thing I wonder is....even though Leia's not the senator's role, will she still end up meeting the Noghri (when under Chewie's protection).

[face_thinking]

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    and so the Skywalkers go

5. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    So I've two more updates to catch up on! :D Mara was right about the guide's disappearance meaning that something's wrong; she's been watching the right kind of holos. :D[face_mischief]

I agree with Han here. Not even Mara would be able to stop the information that she'd changed sides. There's a lot of people around who would be glad to tell that to the Empire, in the hope of receiving some reward.

Interesting to see that the Noghri are after Mara:

"Jedi Jade," one of the beings said. "You will lower your weapon and surrender yourself."

Of course she says 'No'. ;) I loved Leia's remark to 3PO, and his response:

"One of these days, Threepio, you're going to have to learn to get out of the way when someone starts shooting at you," Leia said, tossing aside what must have been the fiftieth type of solvent she'd tried. "I think we'll just have to wait and see if the Bimms can offer any help in getting you cleaned up."

"But Mistress Leia, I can't go out looking like this," Threepio moaned. "Why is it that they always seem to target me? Artoo never winds up in this condition."

That's not true![face_shame_on_you] R2 was very badly damaged at the Battle of Yavin, I recall.

Understandable that, due to the Noghri attack, Han still suspects Mara:

"Really? Then where did our friends with the Stokhli sticks come from?" Han shot back. Leia looked at Mara, who rolled her eyes. She rose, as if to exit, but Han blocked the hatch. "Didn't you say those guys used to work for Vader?"

"I said that they used to. I can't say anymore than that. Now get out of my way, Captain Solo, or I will remove you by other means." Han stepped aside, letting Mara out.

"What got into her?"

"She's still touchy about having switched sides, Han. Yet you seem determined to rub in her face every chance you get."

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great mix of HTTE dialogue ;) with the new dynamics of Han picking at Mara [face_laugh] He just won't give her a break [face_frustrated]

7. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    dancing_star: Well, if he'd learn to get out of the way, such things wouldn't happen to him...

VaderLVR: Nope, he just gets left to fend for himself.

Thrawn: Glad you liked seeing how the dynamic works with the roles having been shifted.

SithGirl: Let's just say that I have something in mind for Leia regarding Dagobah.

Kripp: Mara can probably give them some ideas. But that would probably make things too easy...

ccp: Thanks!

PHGS: Mara hasn't told them about Thrawn. But then again, she hasn't had reason to do so before. For all she knows, he died during that Unknown Regions mission...

Liz: Glad you've been able to get caught up. Han may not be thrilled about Leia heading off to Dagobah, you're right. As for running into the Noghri, it may be Luke who encounters them, though I haven't decided if I'll keep that plotline...

Sil: Indeed.

Kevin: Mara's danger sense is certainly working properly. The Noghri may have expected Mara to surrender, but we know better. You're right that Artoo didn't come out of Yavin unscathed, and then there was Dagobah to consider...

Jade_eyes: I suppose it's something about Han and Mara. They just can't seem to get along.

Okay, here comes the next post.

Thrawn looked up from the report, and Pellaeon swallowed. He couldn't help recalling what happened to those unfortunate enough to deliver bad news to Darth Vader. Granted, Thrawn hadn't shown himself to be prone to outbursts as Vader had been, and here, within the Grand Admiral's command room, Lumiya had no power whatsoever. Still, that didn't stop the memory from coming.

"The Noghri failed to capture Skywalker and Organa," Lumiya said. "Perhaps it would be better if I took a more active role. "Admiral, you will prepare a shuttle for me, and detail a crew that will answer to me and me alone. I will acquire Skywalker?"

"Lady Lumiya," Thrawn said, setting that datapad down on the console. "I thought we were clear that I will be needing your assistance with some of the preliminaries for the assault on the Rebellion's shipyards. Rest assured, I will get you your Jedi, as I promised." He turned to Pellaeon. "Alert Team Four to stand by for orders." He rose, straightened the jacket of his uniform, and came around the desk.

"And when Team Four also fails?"

"Are you suggesting they will?" Thrawn countered.

"The Noghri are quite impressive when it comes to ambushing an average being. But it takes more than they are capable of to handle a Jedi, especially one of Leia Skywalker Solo's abilities."

"Then what would you counsel, Lady Lumiya? Would you have me focus the entire might of the Empire just on Solo?"

"I would have you focus on fulfilling your promise to me, Grand Admiral Thrawn. But I will make your task easier. You may focus on Organa. I will deal with his sister myself."

"And what of Mara Jade?" Thrawn asked. "After this attempt, it is much more likely that she will be keeping a close watch on both Solo and Organa." That seemed to give Lumiya pause.

"Couldn't we do two things at once?" Pellaeon asked, almost without thinking. When both Thrawn and Lumiya turned to him, he wished he'd kept his mouth shut.

"Explain, Captain," Thrawn said.

"Somewhere, there must be records of your previous encounters with Leia Solo, Lady Lumiya. If word reaches the Rebellion that you've returned, not only as an ally of the Empire but as a Lady of the Sith, it's sure to draw the attention of both Solo and Jade. If sightings start being reported, they'll have to investigate, which might split them up and prevent them from interfering with our battle plans."

"They will not be so easily lured," Lumiya said.

"Actually, it may prove most beneficial. Remember, Leia Solo is pregnant. She's not going to be able to handle the stress of a galaxy-wide search. And even if she should accompany Jade, subduing her should not be difficult for one of your skills," Thrawn said.

8. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    uh-oh so Leia's coming under attack

9. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Evil Imperial plots... I think Lumiya's presence will cause more alarm than C'Baoth's ever did in canon. Can't wait to see where this is going...

10. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Very good! I'm glad you kept in Pellaeon's "two-way plan," that's always been one of my favorite parts of the book. :)

11. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very well-thought out strategy. [face_worried] I cannot think of what could keep it from working. [face_thinking]

13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Leia's in more danger because she's expecting twins, and if she and Mara both go to investigate....but separately.......I don't think Han would allow that. Now the question is.......will we see Lando on Nkklon?

14. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    Nice to see our favourite Chiss again! =D= As has been pointed out, it's nice to see Pellaeon's plan still there! :) Things will get very interesting in this time line, due to Lumiya being a far more formidable foe than C'Baoth, and her Jedi opponent being pregnant. [face_thinking]o_O

15. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Pellaeon always was my favourite Imperial. Uh oh... i really don't like the idea of Lumiya getting her hands on the twins.

Great job!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Excellent chapter! =D=

17. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Ooh, great update!! :D Can't wait for more!! [face_dancing]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

18. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Yeah, as one of the few remaining Jedi, Leia makes for a nice target.

SithGirl: I wouldn't see any doubt about Lumiya making more of an impact among the Rebels.

Thrawn: Plus, it opens up the opportunity for more plotlines...

Thanks!:

Jade_eyes: I think a few Jedi may be able to throw a monkey wrench into things.

Liz: I think you're right that Leia's in more danger. And I don;t think Han's going to be thrilled about letting Leia run off on her own, but she'll probably come up with some well-reasoned answer.

Kevin: I couldn't keep Thrawn out for too long. And you're right, Lumiya makes for a more formidible foe.

PHGS: You're not supposed to like the idea of Lumiya getting her hands on the kids.

VaderLVR: Thanks!

dancing_star: Wait no further, then!

The next post is ready, so here it comes!

The theory was that Inner Council meetings were supposed to be quiet, and more relaxed than those of the entire Senate. It didn't always work out that way, however. In fact, Pooja Naberrie mused, it seemed that quiet, calm meetings were the exception rather than the rule.

"Captain Solo, you just made a unilateral decision to cancel the Bimmisaari mission?" Fey'lya asked. May I remind you how important this mission was?"

"Captain Solo acted appropriately." Ackbar countered. He took the action necessary to protect Luke Organa, the ambassador in his charge."

"Yes, and also denied us the opportunity to court a valued ally. It shouldn't have been that difficult to bring the Bimms into the Republic. Now, we'll be lucky if they'll even speak with us. Besides, I fail to see how these beings are a threat to us. The Old Republic didn't include anything about them in the Archives."

"And perhaps the Emperor thought it better if we didn't know that they existed," Mara said. She'd accompanied Han and Luke to give her own rendition of the ambush. "And I can give you the name of the species. They're called Noghri. But the name's not going to do you any good. If there ever was any mention of them in the Archives, Palpatine and Vader did a very good job of erasing it."

"You seem to know a fair amount, Jedi Jade," Ackbar said. "Why haven't you told us about this threat before now?"

"Because for one, I didn't know if the Noghri were still active. I'd only known of them working for Vader, well outside the normal lines of command. With Vader dead, I had no way of knowing they still represented a threat."

"I think we all need to take a step back," Luke said. "How did the Noghri know we'd be on Bimmisaari?"

"Clearly, we need more security for these missions," Ackbar said. It's also entirely possible that the Imperials are keeping tabs on some of the more high-profile members of our government."

"We can control our end," Colonel Bremen said. He'd been brought in by Airen Cracken, and had been glaring at Mara throughout the entire meeting. "I'd also recommend that we not send ex-Imperial agents on this type of mission either."

"I'm not working for the Empire, Colonel," Mara said, trying to keep her anger under control. She wouldn't do her case any good by blowing up, and she could take Han, Luke, and even Leia down as well.

"Mara didn't even know she'd be coming along until just before we'd left," Luke said. "There wasn't time for her to send anything to the Empire."

"And we would have discovered it if she had," Cracken said. "It's not as if we're operating without any kind of counterintelligence measures in place."

"It seems we have accomplished all we can for now," Mon Mothma said. "We are adjourned."

"That went well," Luke said to Han. "Mara, you can't let Bremen get under your skin like that. I thought you were going to Force-choke him or something."

"Maybe I wanted to," Mara said. "I'm going to go find Leia and borrow a remote. Take out my frustration in a way that might be somewhat constructive."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. I think we

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun update. Mara tickles me. :* :D

20. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    "It seems we have accomplished all we can for now," Mon Mothma said. "We are adjourned."

"That went well," Luke said to Han. "Mara, you can't let Bremen get under your skin like that. I thought you were going to Force-choke him or something."

"Maybe I wanted to," Mara said. "I'm going to go find Leia and borrow a remote. Take out my frustration in a way that might be somewhat constructive."

Hee! :D I liked their meeting and the conversations that went on, even if it all was far from peaceful and relaxing.:p It's good that Ackbar backed Han's decision to cancel the mission. [face_dancing]
    Wonderful!!
    =D==D==D==D=

21. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I love how you've written Mara here. :)

22. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
  23. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    great job, force chocking breman wouldn't be darkside... more a mercy killing great job!

phgs weyr

24. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    poor Mara, being accused like that. well done as usual

25. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Hm... Bpfassh... something Noghri this way comes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.