main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Destiny's Hope (AU, completed 10/14)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    ccp: I'd say chances are good that Mara will make it. I like her too much to kill her.

Kevin: Glad you like it. As for your questions...

1. I'm not telling
    2. You're assuming he's going to die.
    3. Chances are good that Mara will live.

VaderLVR: Yeah, Vader's in a tought place. But I had to find some way for him to redeem himself if I wanted a happy ending to this.

Leona: Yes, I believe that was my Sith side taking over.

SithGirl: I'll say this much, Shira will get what's coming to her.

Sil: I felt it only appropriate that a blade of light take down the Dark Lord.

Okay, here comes the next post!

"That isn't quite what he said, Prince Organa," Threepio said. "He said that the Ewoks were here first, and that it is their duty to guard the forest. He also said that they do not approve of our intrusion."

"So they'd rather we just let them deal with the Imperials?" Shira asked. She tossed her hands up in the air. "Fine job they've been doing so far!"

"You can understand them?" Han asked.

"Of course, General Solo. Remember that I am fluent in over six million forms of communication and can readily?"

"Great," Han said, cutting the droid off. "Would you mind telling them to get their spears out of our faces?"

"Of course, General Solo," Threepio said. "Though I cannot guarantee that they will respond favorably to your request."

"Just ask them, Threepio," Luke said, his tone far more patient than anything Han could have managed at that point. The droid turned to the Ewoks, speaking to them in their own language, which to Han's ears almost sounded like a child's gibberish. But slowly, the Ewoks lowered their spears.

"They have agreed to allow us to leave," Threepio said. "But they suggest that we avoid any further encounters, as some of the tribes are not as willing to accept our interference."

"Look, we'll be happy to leave them alone," Han said. "But one way or another, we've got to get that shield down. Perhaps they've made some attempts of their own to remove the Imperials?"

"I don?t know, General Solo."

"Ask him," Han said, indicating the Ewok who was the apparent leader of the hunting party. Threepio turned again, speaking to the Ewok.

"He says that some have not returned, but that there does appear to be a back door. He suggests that we might avail ourselves of it."

"He knows where this back door is?" Threepio turned, but before he could start speaking, Han spun him around. "Ask him if he can provide us a guide." Threepio turned again, only to have Han spin him around again. "See if you can get us some additional supplies. And hurry up, will you?"

"He says that Wicket, the one who found Prince Organa, can show us the way to the Imperial station. But he cannot provide us with any supplies, as he is unwilling to remove anything from the mouths of his own people."

"Okay, he wants us to take all the risks, while his people get to sit back and reap the benefits?" Shira asked. "It's that sort of behavior that the Empire?" She trailed off.

"That sort of behavior the Empire?what?" Han said, his voice dark with suspicion.

"That the Empire was originally supposed to prevent. Unfortunately, the Emperor simply started the cycle anew," she added, though the words tasted like ash in her mouth. She'd said too much, and now had blown her own cover.

"Somehow, I don?t think that's what you were originally going to say," Han said. "Threepio, finish making arrangements with our guide. Shira and I need to have a little talk. Chewie, come on."

+++++++++++

Hopefully, that answers the question about Shira's fate, to a degree.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Open Mouth and insert foot.

3. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    A good update, Tych_sel! :)

It's nice to see the Ewoks with some common sense:

"Ask him," Han said, indicating the Ewok who was the apparent leader of the hunting party. Threepio turned again, speaking to the Ewok.

"He says that some have not returned, but that there does appear to be a back door. He suggests that we might avail ourselves of it."

"He knows where this back door is?" Threepio turned, but before he could start speaking, Han spun him around. "Ask him if he can provide us a guide." Threepio turned again, only to have Han spin him around again. "See if you can get us some additional supplies. And hurry up, will you?"

"He says that Wicket, the one who found Prince Organa, can show us the way to the Imperial station. But he cannot provide us with any supplies, as he is unwilling to remove anything from the mouths of his own people."

Why should they bother helping some people they only just met? At least they don't think C3PO is some kind of god! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

It looks that Shira's blown her cover:

"Okay, he wants us to take all the risks, while his people get to sit back and reap the benefits?" Shira asked. "It's that sort of behavior that the Empire?" She trailed off.

"That sort of behavior the Empire?what?" Han said, his voice dark with suspicion.

"That the Empire was originally supposed to prevent. Unfortunately, the Emperor simply started the cycle anew," she added, though the words tasted like ash in her mouth. She'd said too much, and now had blown her own cover.

"Somehow, I don?t think that's what you were originally going to say," Han said. "Threepio, finish making arrangements with our guide. Shira and I need to have a little talk. Chewie, come on."

:D [face_thinking]

4. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Terrific ending. Palpatine has been taken by surprise. Good move, Lord Vader.
    As for Shira, well, I wouldn't bet much on her freedom.

5. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Ahh. Nice to see Shira getting into some trouble. Somthing tells me this may be her end.

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    hehe let Han take care of Shira lol

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    So she's finally tripped herself up? Please tell me Han sees this totally now! *fingers crossed*

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! :D

=D=

9. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    ccp: Yup, she's really stepped in it now.

Kevin: I'd say that since my Ewoks just want to be left alone, they're willing to help just to get rid of the Imperials. And I would say that Shira's going to have to come up with quite an explanation if she wants to keep her secret.

Kripp: Yup, Palpatine made his move, then Vader countered it. And Shira's in quite a bind.

SithGirl: Beginning of it, at least.

Sil: Think he's going to show her much mercy after what she did to Leia?

Leona: She has tripped herself up. Han may not have the whoile picture yet, but it's not going to take him long. Question is, what shape will Shira be in when he's done?

VaderLVR: Glad you liked seeing Shira's little "oops."

Okay, with my jury duty out of the way, I've gotten a bit of time to write. So here comes the next post!

"This is not going to work," Morgan said as she and Page set up the line. "I mean, there are just too many variables. For all we know, the walker could step right over the line."

"It's possible. That's why I sent two of the others on ahead. They're digging a nice little hole that should allow us to trip the walker up if this fails."

"And if it steps right over that hole?" Morgan asked.

"Then I suppose we're in deep poodoo," Page said. "C'mon, Morgan, quit thinking so negatively. This is going to work. And once we've taken down the walker, we can use the other one to blast our way into the bunker."

"You'd better be right about this, Page," Morgan said. "There's far too much riding on our actions here for us to be messing around."

"Trust me, one of these two things is going to work. Besides, I've got a bag full of charges here. If worst comes to worst, I can tag the walker with one and we can simply bow the Sith-spawned thing up."

"And why," Morgan asked dryly, "aren't we simply doing that?"

"Because," Page replied with a sheepish grin, "I only packed two more than we'll need to blow the bunker. And Major Derlin's got the other one."

"And that should do it," Lieutenant Greeve said, lowering the blaster rifle. "Unless I miss my guess, the scout walker's crew should be neutralized."

Amazing, Derlin thought, that Greeve could be so cold. Or at least, cold in the field. Behind the lines, when not on duty, Derlin thought that Greeve could have given Wes Janson a run for his money. Note to self, Derlin thought, make sure that Greeve and Janson never, ever meet.

"Got it," Derlin said, looking to the rest of his half of the team. "Let's get moving, people. Otherwise, we're going to be sitting here when that other walker shows up." Derlin began scaling the walker's leg as Beezer shut down the jamming equipment. Derlin pulled open the hatch, and grimaced just a bit.

"You just had to go for head shots, didn't you?" he asked, gazing at the tree from which Greeve had done his work.

"I do try for accuracy, sir," Greeve said. "Head shots are the hardest. But they also mean that the enemy's not going to get back up and stab you in the back."

"Very well," Derlin said, pulling the body of one Imperial from the walker's cockpit. "Make sure that they get a decent burial," he called down, tossing the body from the top of the walker. The same procedure was repeated with the two gunners, and by then Derlin had been joined by Beezer and Brooks Carlson. "Let's see what this piece of Imperial junk can do."

++++++++++++

Back to Han and Shira on the weekend, I think.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

10. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    First reply!
    Nice tension between the commandos. They are so different in goals!
    Of course, you leave Shira right when the tension is high...

11. Darth_Kripp

Oct 12, 2005
    Good job, but useless. The Imperials are already checkmate.

12. Kevin_Solo

Jun 22, 2007
    I loved the interaction between the commandos. :) It's sad that they don't know about rocks on Endor being lethal to Imperials. [face_laugh]

13. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
  14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    "You just had to go for head shots, didn't you?" he asked, gazing at the tree from which Greeve had done his work.

"I do try for accuracy, sir," Greeve said. "Head shots are the hardest. But they also mean that the enemy's not going to get back up and stab you in the back."

"Very well," Derlin said, pulling the body of one Imperial from the walker's cockpit. "Make sure that they get a decent burial," he called down, tossing the body from the top of the walker. The same procedure was repeated with the two gunners, and by then Derlin had been joined by Beezer and Brooks Carlson. "Let's see what this piece of Imperial junk can do."

Wonderful! =D=

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    can't wait to see Han straighten Shira out

and I wonder if Janson would meet the other prankster lol

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Amazing, Derlin thought, that Greeve could be so cold. Or at least, cold in the field. Behind the lines, when not on duty, Derlin thought that Greeve could have given Wes Janson a run for his money. Note to self, Derlin thought, make sure that Greeve and Janson never, ever meet.

Here I think it would be quite fascinating. :D

17. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    SithGirl: I don't know that their goals are all that different. They've just got different roles to play.

Kripp: Useless for the Rebels? I don't know, that SSD could still play a part...

Kevin: Glad you liked the look at the commandos. And I htink it was just Ewok-thrown rocks that were deadly... ;)

ccp: Thanks!

VaderLVR: Glad you liked it!

Sil: Perhaps someday I'll bring Beezer and Janson together.

Leona: I could prove to be the basis for a very funny fic.

Okay, here comes the next post!

Han took Shira firmly by the arm, leading her away from the Ewoks. Once out of sight, he flung her towards a tree, which she barely managed to avoid hitting as she recovered her balance. "All right, Shira, who are you, really?"

"I'm Shira Brie," Shira said. "I should think that my record speaks louder than a little slip of the tongue."

"If that's all it was, we wouldn't be here," Han said. "But there are a few things that don't exactly make sense. I heard that you were a little late arriving at the rendezvous. What's your explanation for that?"

"I wasn't the only one who was a little late. If I recall correctly, you didn't even make it."
    "Only because we got ambushed on Bespin," Han said, pulling his blaster out and pointing it at Shira's face. "I hope you didn't have anything to do with that. Otherwise, I might just have to let Chewie handle the rest of this?conversation."

"Look, Solo, I don?t know what kind of paranoia you're experiencing, but I have one goal here: destroy the Empire."

"Are we talking about the same Empire? 'Cause a moment ago, it sounded like you were getting ready to defend the Empire, and Palpatine."

"And having a slight understanding of what the Empire stood for before Palpatine took it and twisted it to serve his ends makes me some kind of Imperial agent? Solo, I think one of those Ewoks must have hit you over the head or something, because you aren't making any sense."

"Not making sense?" Han asked. "Then how about this, Shira? You were the last one to see Leia before our Imperial "guest" took off. And it seems to me just a little coincidental that Luke disappeared during that speeder bike chase, but you came back without a scratch. And weren't you the one who kept urging me to call off the search for him?"

"I was asking you to look at the larger picture. The Fleet is up there, probably getting pounded by Imperial forces."

"Really?" Han said. "You expect me to believe that you were just doing your duty? And you suggest that the Fleet's getting pounded. But how would the Empire have known we were coming?"

"Maybe the Bothans sold us out," Shira said, But it was too late. Solo's blaster, which had lowered slightly, had now risen and the barrel was pointed directly between her eyes.

"If the Bothans were willing to die, they wouldn't have sold us out," Han said. "I'll give you one last chance to come clean, or I'll shoot you right here."

"Then shoot, Solo," Shira said. "It doesn't matter what you do here, since the grand game has already been decided. The Rebellion dies here, as do the Jedi. Leia's already aboard the Death Star, and it won?t take long for the Emperor to reshape her into something he can use. Your fleet is helpless above Endor, and any attempt to destroy the generator will be futile." Her lip twisted into a sneer. "I've been providing the Empire with your plans from the day I arrived. How else did Vader know just where to find you?"

"You know," Han said, "I don't think you're worth the blaster bolt." Han turned to the Wookiee. "Chewie, take her weapons, and then let her go." He lowered the blaster, holstering it. "Shira, I'd suggest you find a nice, cozy place to hide. Because the next time I see your face is the day you die." He turned away.

"Solo!" Shira called. "The next time I see you is when the stormtroopers bring you to me for interrogation. And I promise that from that point on, your life will be long, and pai

18. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    ooh a disarmed Shira. interesting.

can I see more of Leia now

19. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Shira should have died, otherwise she will come back and torment everyone...

20. Darth_Kripp

Oct 12, 2005
    Wow, it was intense! None of them is truly wrong, that's the trouble.

21. Kevin_Solo

Jun 22, 2007
    I liked how Han figured out things from Shira's slip:

"If that's all it was, we wouldn't be here," Han said. "But there are a few things that don't exactly make sense. I heard that you were a little late arriving at the rendezvous. What's your explanation for that?"

"I wasn't the only one who was a little late. If I recall correctly, you didn't even make it."

"Only because we got ambushed on Bespin," Han said, pulling his blaster out and pointing it at Shira's face. "I hope you didn't have anything to do with that. Otherwise, I might just have to let Chewie handle the rest of this?conversation."

Does that mean tearing her arms off? [face_laugh]

As has already been pointed out, I don't think it was a good idea for Han to let her go:

"Solo!" Shira called. "The next time I see you is when the stormtroopers bring you to me for interrogation. And I promise that from that point on, your life will be long, and painful."

"Threats do not become you, Shira," Han said, but he didn't turn. Chewbacca confiscated her blasters, her lightsaber, as well as the vibroblades in her boots. "Find yourself a nice little spot on Endor, because it's about to become your home."

Even with Ewok weapons, she'll still be deadly! [face_devil]

22. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Shira's had her weapons taken, but I can't say she's been disarmed. Sorry, no Leia tonight, but we should be dropping in on her soon.

SithGirl: Yes, something tells me we haven't seen the last of Shira.

Kripp: I'll agree that they both think they're in the right. But isn't that what makes a great villan?

Kevin: I think Han was tempted to let the big furball tear off dear Shira's arms...

Okay, back to the commandos.

The stormtroopers gave way as the walker approached, expecting it to take up position near the bunker. Some might have been wondering where the other that had been sent out had wound up when the walker's crew approached, a small group of Rebels under guard.

"We caught these rats sneaking through the forest. They actually managed to take down our walker," Page said to the troopers that approached. He couldn't believe that the plan was about to work out, but it had seemed as if General Solo wasn't going to be making the rendezvous. A quick communication with General Tantor, back aboard the Tydirium, indicated that the fleet was in dire straights.

"Probably the Rebels that Lord Vader was alerted to by the agent within the Rebellion," the troop commander said. "What's in there?" he said, gesturing to the pack that Page had slung over his shoulder.

"Couple of personal items I had in the walker," Page said. "They've all been approved by command."

"I'll have to take a look before we can let you back into the bunker. "Never know what the Rebels might try."

"Look, it's been a long, trying day. I already nearly died once," Page said. "All I want is the chance to get back, grab some rack time, and then go out looking for the remainder of the rebel force." Page knew that if he allowed the trooper to search the pack, the game would be up. And right now, he didn't want Derlin to have to try and blow the bunker from outside.

"Then there are still Rebels out there?" the trooper asked.

"Yeah," Page said. Perhaps the suggestion that there were other Rebels out there might get this trooper thinking about other threats than the possibility of unknown "personal items" Page might be carrying. "Luke Organa was with them, but he and the smuggler Solo took off. I think they took their demolitions expert with them."

"What makes you think that?" the trooper asked, the filter of his helmet not removing the suspicion from his voice.

"I saw the other guy planting what looked like an explosive. I was trying to direct my walker around when one of the legs got caught in a hole they'd dug."

"Sounds like the Rebels haven't figured out they've been beaten," the trooper said. "Fine, take your stuff inside. But it's on your head if you get caught with something you're not supposed to have. Leave me out of it."

"Thanks," Page said, passing the troopers, who were already cuffing the rest of the team. Morgan was right on his heels.

"You almost got us caught there," she whispered over his shoulder.

"I know," Page said. "Now, where would you start placing the explosives? Kark it, I knew I should have brought Beezer."

"Three survivors would have looked suspicious," Morgan said. "And there's no way I was going to just let you run things. At least this way, if things get royally karked, I'm not likely to be left alive to face the reaction from the brass."

+++++++++++

That's all for now. More to come this weekend.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

23. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great couple of updates.

24. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Ahh, the fun begins.

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    "You almost got us caught there," she whispered over his shoulder.

"I know," Page said. "Now, where would you start placing the explosives? Kark it, I knew I should have brought Beezer."

"Three survivors would have looked suspicious," Morgan said. "And there's no way I was going to just let you run things. At least this way, if things get royally karked, I'm not likely to be left alive to face the reaction from the brass."

Wonderful! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.