main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Destiny's Hope (AU, completed 10/14)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    A fitting conclusion. Still tragic, but at least Mara got out! I can't wait to see how you'll wrap this up.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "Let history remember that it was Anakin Skywalker, not Darth Vader, who died here today."

I can't decide if that's a good thing. Many would find it hard if not down right impossible to reconcile Anakin and Darth Vader. :(

3. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Yeah, Leia. Seek your family out. That's a good plan.
    As for Anakin, well, he lasted a long time. Really good, especially knowing that he's become one with the Force!

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Leia's good at giving speeches lol

and yay for everyone leaving in time!

5. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    Good to read that Leia escaped! =D= Mara...I'm not so sure. [face_plain]

I liked Leia's (correct) view of Mara:

She'd made sure that Mara was secured in her seat, as the last thing Leia needed was some trigger-happy Imperial trying to ambush her, least of all a Force-sensitive, trigger-happy Imperial.

Will she become Leia's sister-in-law in this time line? o_O

Your description of how Anakin was trying to deal with things was better than the scene with Luke in ROTS:

"I'm not going to make it, Leia," he said. "The mistakes I made as a youth are coming back to haunt me."

"I'm not going to abandon you, Father," Leia said.

"I'm not asking you to," the former Sith Lord said. "Just grant me one last request, before I join the Force. Help me take this mask off." His breath was becoming ragged, and Leia began to understand how much damage the Emperor's lightning had done.

"If I do that, I abandon all hope of saving you," Leia said.

"You've already done that," Anakin said. "You made me see the light, just like your mother tried to do. I didn't listen to her, and nearly wound up dead. I probably would have been dead if it had been anybody other than Aayla."

I loved how he explained to Leia what was happening to him:

"Death is part of life," Anakin said. "And while it once irritated me, Yoda once said that we should not miss those who have trasitioned to the Force. Though I may not be there in physical form, I will always be with you."

Finally convinced that she would not be losing him, Leia helped Anakin remove the mask.

I'm glad for Leia. :) I wished Anakin's last words had been like this in ROTJ:

"They won't see it that way. Leia, there are two things you need to know. First, you will always have my love. Second, there are likely some on your mother's homeworld of Naboo who remember her. Seek them out." Then he closed his eyes, and let out a shuddering breath. Anakin Skywalker's body faded, and disappeared, the armor of Darth Vader growing lighter in Leia's arms.

I think Leia should be careful about saying this in public:

"Let history remember that it was Anakin Skywalker, not Darth Vader, who died here today."

History might have other ideas. [face_thinking]

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "They won't see it that way. Leia, there are two things you need to know. First, you will always have my love. Second, there are likely some on your mother's homeworld of Naboo who remember her. Seek them out." Then he closed his eyes, and let out a shuddering breath. Anakin Skywalker's body faded, and disappeared, the armor of Darth Vader growing lighter in Leia's arms.

[face_love] =D=

7. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    ccp: Glad you liked it.

SithGirl: I felt I needed to maintain the tragedy of Vader's life. He finally found love and acceptance again, only to lose it.

Leona: Leia would like for history to recall that it was Anakin, not Vader. But I agree, there are too many who wouldn't understand.

Kripp: I think it's that last little bit that explains how Anakin held on as long as he did. Just as Yoda held on just long enough to mention that other Skywalker...

Sil: I suppose you could say everybody left on time, if you don't count the deceased ex-Dark Lord among them.

Kevin: I enjoyed writing that view of Mara, so I'm glad yo enjoyed it. I had to get her off the Death Star, just because I love her character so much. As for Leia and Anakin, it seemed only right to give them that last few moments together. And as far as history, goes, who knows?

VaderLVR: Glad you liked it. I had to include that hint towards Naboo.

Okay, after a week off, here comes the next post, which will begin moving us towards a conclusion.

A rumble shook the forest moon, but it wasn't an earthquake. In a moment, the tremor was gone, and most, the Ewoks included, would have forgotten that it had ever occurred. But it was enough to draw the gaze of both Luke and Han skyward. A giant orange cloud had appeared against the flawless blue sky. The glow faded, but the blot remained, at least for the moment.

"I'm sure Leia wasn't on that thing when it blew," Han said, hoping to reassure both Luke and himself. It was becoming obvious that the prince had developed quite a crush on the farmgirl, and he'd seen the way Leia looked at Luke. Better to get this out of the way before she got back. He was about to speak when the other man spoke instead.

"She wasn't. I can feel it."

"You love her, don?t you?" Han said, though he already knew the answer. "Fine. When she comes back, I won't get in the way."

Luke suppressed a laugh. "It isn't like that, not anymore. I knew that Leia was special, but I just misjudged the reason I was drawn to her. She's my sister, Han." Suddenly, the meaning of what Luke had said a moment earlier hit Han.

"Wait a minute. Are you telling me that you're some kind of Jedi too? You've just been keeping it a secret all this time?"

"I just learned what it all meant," Luke said. "I suddenly felt Leia reaching for me, through the Force, I suppose. I just heard her in my head. Come on. I think she's got some kind of surprise for us."

"You know, this is a time for celebration," Han said. "Usually, when Leia's got a surprise, my hide winds up on the line somehow."

"Come on, Han, it can't be that bad. Besides, you've got to head over and get the reports from the strike team anyhow."

"I suppose you're right," Han said with a sigh. "If I wind up in a fight for my life, though, I may have to strangle her."

"You won't do that, Han," Luke said.

"What, suddenly, you know what I'm thinking?"

"No. But I do know that you love her. I know that you'd die for her, if circumstances demanded it. And I know that sooner or later, you're going to make me an uncle." By the time he finished, the kid was grinning from ear to ear.

"You little?" Han started. But he couldn't finish, because there wasn't a lie to anything the kid had said. He did love Leia, and had come to realize that just as she was willing to risk everything to get him out of Jabba's hands, so he'd be willing to risk all for her. "Come on, Senator. Leia's going to want to see you too."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More will be coming this weekend.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

8. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    "No. But I do know that you love her. I know that you'd die for her, if circumstances demanded it. And I know that sooner or later, you're going to make me an uncle." By the time he finished, the kid was grinning from ear to ear.

"You little?" Han started. But he couldn't finish, because there wasn't a lie to anything the kid had said.

[face_laugh]That was cute! Perfect. =D=

I'm thoroughly enjoying your story, though I don't take the time to review as much as I should. 8-} Shame on me. [face_shame_on_you] [face_blush]

Maybe you could pretty please put me on the pm list? [face_batting]

Great update!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    And what a surprise it will be for you, Prince Organa. What I wonder about is how you will react to it...

10. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    =D= Can't wait to see this reunion.

11. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Awwww! So cute!
    There is a happy ending in sight, I detect.

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    me sees happy ending too

13. Kevin_Solo

Jun 22, 2007
    A great update! =D=

I loved your take on the scene where Han finds out that Luke and Leia are siblings:

"I'm sure Leia wasn't on that thing when it blew," Han said, hoping to reassure both Luke and himself. It was becoming obvious that the prince had developed quite a crush on the farmgirl, and he'd seen the way Leia looked at Luke. Better to get this out of the way before she got back. He was about to speak when the other man spoke instead.

"She wasn't. I can feel it."

"You love her, don?t you?" Han said, though he already knew the answer. "Fine. When she comes back, I won't get in the way."

Luke suppressed a laugh. "It isn't like that, not anymore. I knew that Leia was special, but I just misjudged the reason I was drawn to her. She's my sister, Han." Suddenly, the meaning of what Luke had said a moment earlier hit Han.

I liked Luke cutting through the nonsense, making it clear that he knows how Han feels about Leia, and giving his blessing:

"What, suddenly, you know what I'm thinking?"

"You little?" Han started. But he couldn't finish, because there wasn't a lie to anything the kid had said. He did love Leia, and had come to realize that just as she was willing to risk everything to get him out of Jabba's hands, so he'd be willing to risk all for her. "Come on, Senator. Leia's going to want to see you too."

Keep up the good work! [face_peace]

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! =D=

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I love this post. Luke and Han doing some real family type bonding.

No. But I do know that you love her. I know that you'd die for her, if circumstances demanded it. And I know that sooner or later, you're going to make me an uncle." By the time he finished, the kid was grinning from ear to ear.

[face_love] [face_love]

16. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    dancing_star: Welcome to the fic! Glad you liked that little bit with Han and Leia. I'll be happy to add you to the PM list, though I believe this fic is getting close to wrapping up.

Kripp: I thinkit's more about hwp Han's going to take everything. I mean, he's had one heck of a thermal detonator dropped on him.

ccp: There's something that needs to be taken care of before any reunion.

SithGirl: Your sensors seem to be functioning correctly.

Sil: Right you are.

Kevin: Glad you liked my take on the revelation. I thought about waiting a little longer to drop the bombshell, but keeping it here seemed right. I will admit, I surprised myself with how easily Luke cut through everything about Han's feelings. Perhaps he's going to wind up being stronger in the Force than the canon Leia?

VaderLVR: Thanks!

Leona: Yup, bonding taking place. But Luke can't help teasing Han a little at the same time, cutting through that "I'm only looking out for me" façade of Han's.

Okay, here comes what I think is likely to be the beginning of the end.

As night fell, Leia raised her father's body to the top of the pyre she'd constructed. She'd put the shuttle down on the landing pad near the now destroyed bunker, and only remained long enough to turn Mara over to the strike team that had taken up position near the base should any Imperials try to move in. She'd then returned to the shuttle, and flown to a somewhat empty space, where she'd constructed the pyre that now supported Vader's armor.

Leia looked to the sky, still marked by the explosion of the Death Star. She couldn't help letting a tear run down her cheek as she thought of the sacrifice her father had made, how he'd given his life for the galaxy. "Darth Vader died today," she said. "But the legend of Anakin Skywalker will live on forever." She raised the burning branch, lit from a blaster pistol's shot, and touched the base of the pyre.

The logs caught the flame, and it quickly spread from one to the next. Leia stepped back, watching as the flames crept higher. Soon enough, they hit the edge of the flowing black cape, and would reach the armor soon enough. As the armor twisted and melted, the smoke from the burning electronics made its way through the grille of Vader's mask. If I hadn't seen his body vanish, I'd say his spirit was escaping. She watched as the smoke from the pyre rose higher. The explosions of torpedoes lit the sky, but this time, it was in celebration, not battle. It's a celebration I ought to be getting back to, Leia thought. She watched for a moment as the flames obscured the infamous armor, and then turned her back, heading for the shuttle.

+++

Word of the Empire's defeat spread like wildfire across the Galaxy. Troopers on Imperial Center tried to contain the citizens who made clear their support for the Alliance. Statues that Palpatine had ordered erected were torn down, plazas filled with people calling for the surrender of Imperial Center to the Alliance. Furthermore, there were some who stood at the ruins of the Jedi Temple with signs calling for the return of those who had stood for peace and justice.

On Bespin, the situation was much the same. Stormtroopers were driven back to the landing fields, some actually boarding transports and abandoning what had become a far from docile population. Lobot was reinstated to the position of Baron-Administrator, but he accepted only as a caretaker, stating that the position should revert to Lando Calrissian.

On Leia's homeworld of Tatooine, Gavin Darlighter rushed in to give his parents the news. It didn't take long for Huff Darklighter to proclaim his son a hero. And with a pair of Rebel heroes having been born on Tatooine, it wasn't long before the population descended on Mos Eisley and broke down the doors of the governor's mansion. The governor himself was driven out into the desert, a few going as far as to say that he might want to try and make his position known to the Sand P

17. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Looks like there will be more than more reunion. Great update!

18. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Nice to know there will be a little bit more after the canon end. If you have a surprise, it's well-hidden and very anticipated!

19. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    I'm looking forward to the reunion scene and whatever else you might have in store! Wonderful job!
    And thanks for the pm! :)
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    so Panaka's back at his old post, Vader's body is burned, Pooja is living in her aunt's house. Very nice. and why couldn't they do an autopsy for Padme to confirm that the child's still around somewhere?

21. Kevin_Solo

Jun 22, 2007
    A nicely done funeral scene; and I'm waiting eagerly to see what you're going to write about Luke and Leia's reunion with their cousins on Naboo:

In the house that had served as her family's Lake Country retreat for so long, Pooja Naberrie smiled. She heard of the daughter of Skywalker, but could not risk making contact. She'd long wondered if the whispers she'd heard about her aunt's child were true. Now, she might be able to get answers to the question. Meanwhile, she would join in the celebration that was breaking out planetwide.

Nice! =D=

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    No doubt no autopsy or at least a fake report to protect the babies.

I wnoder what Panaka's reception woulf be with going home? o_O Though many thought they were doing what was right.

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Leia looked to the sky, still marked by the explosion of the Death Star. She couldn't help letting a tear run down her cheek as she thought of the sacrifice her father had made, how he'd given his life for the galaxy. "Darth Vader died today," she said. "But the legend of Anakin Skywalker will live on forever." She raised the burning branch, lit from a blaster pistol's shot, and touched the base of the pyre.

This was absolutely wonderful! =D=

24. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    ccp: Yes, there will be more reunion to come.

SithGirl: Just as we began a little before the films, I'm planning on carrying this a little further than the end. Though I'll say that Leia might not be around when the Bakuran ship shows up...

dancing_star: Well, let's just say that one of the surprises is coming tonight.

Sil: Yup, Panaka's back, Vader's burnt, and Pooja's waiting. As for why they couldn't perform an autopsy, who knows? Maybe Padme became one with the Force after funeral procession? [face_thinking] [face_devil]

Kevin: Glad you liked my version of the funeral, though I'm afraid it's going to be abit before we get to Naboo. I have a couple other things that need doing.

Leona: Panaka probably saw what he was doing as an exyension of protecting Naboo. I'm sure most of the citizens would understand.

VaderLVR: Figured you'd like that last moment with Vader and Leia.

Okay, here comes the next post, as we tie up one character's thread.

I'll find a way off this rock, she thought as she made her way through the forest. Sooner or later, the Rebels will make a mistake. When they do, I'll find my own ways to make them pay. Until then, I'll hone my skills. And when I get out of here, I'm going to rip Solo's head off. Shira realized that her anger wasn't so much directed at Solo, but at herself for getting caught. That, and allowing herself to be stranded here. Then again, she thought, the Rebels are probably celebrating their victory. There's got to be at least one ship on this wretched moon I can use.

Shira tried to figure out where the shield generator was in relation to her current position. That, was after all, the most likely location for any celebrations the Rebels might be starting. Perhaps I won?t rip Solo's head off, she thought. Her idea of stealing a ship gave her hope that she might escape this rock. Once that was done, possibilities opened up.

For one thing, the Shira Brie she had been was dead. Isard would consider her too much of a threat, and would likely have her arrested and executed as soon as she set foot on Imperial Center. Continuing as a spy among the Rebels wouldn?t work, because too many leaders of the Alliance would know of her true loyalties, if they didn't already. That left her one direction, to follow in the path set for her by Darth Vader. With nobody to challenge her, she would seize the power of the Sith.

Yes, once she was free of this wretched moon, she would build her own legacy. She knew that there were Sith artifacts on Korriban, the world that had been used time and again as a base by the Sith. She knew further materials lay hidden on Byss, Palpatine's hidden stronghold deep in the Core. She would visit both places, and hone her skills. She would become a Master of the Sith, and then, when she was satisfied with her own abilities, she would return and exact her revenge. She'd execute Solo, turn Skywalker to the Dark Side. She also realized that she didn't have the political knowledge to control the bureaucracy. Organa would serve nicely as her mouthpiece.

Before I can realize any of my plans, however, I need to escape Endor. Shira crept through the woods, drawing the darkness around her like a cloak. A dark cloak for a Dark Lady, she thought. She knew she didn't deserve the title yet, but it was only a matter of time. Better she get used to it now. She zeroed in on Skywalker's presence, and used that shining light in the Force to direct her. Then she slipped to the side, avoiding the crowd of Rebel revelers. She crept to the small landing field that had escaped destruction. What had once held Imperial craft now played host to Rebel fighters.

"Shira?" a voice said behind her. Shira spun, her hand dropping to her belt before she realized that her lightsaber was no longer there. "Why aren't you with the others?"

"I needed to check on my fighter, Biggs," Shira said. "I'll be along in a moment."

"But you didn't?Aack!" Shira cut him off,

25. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    The Rebels may have their celebration, but I will have my revenge. Shira Brie died on Endor, she thought. From now on, I am only Lumiya, Lady of the Sith.

Yikes. Look out! [face_worried]

Great update!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.