main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Destiny's Hope (AU, completed 10/14)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I've a feeling Shira's not going down without a fight

2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Man that girl is nothing but trouble.

3. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Sounds like you're setting up for another story there.
    Nice job of bringing all the pieces together! I'm looking forward to seeing some triumphant and brilliant ending.

4. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    An update with a menacing potential future! :eek:

The Rebels may have their celebration, but I will have my revenge. Shira Brie died on Endor, she thought. From now on, I am only Lumiya, Lady of the Sith.

At least Leia doesn't need to worry about being related to her! [face_laugh] Or does he? o_O

I hope Biggs is okay. I always get saddened by the number of stories that kill him off:

"But you didn't?Aack!" Shira cut him off, taking hold of his throat in a strong Force-grip. "Do yourself a favor, Darklighter. Shut up." Then she closed her hand slightly, constricting his throat just enough to send him into unconsciousness.

5. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Is the work of the Chosen One undone, or is it just a twist of fate?

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The Rebels may have their celebration, but I will have my revenge. Shira Brie died on Endor, she thought. From now on, I am only Lumiya, Lady of the Sith.

Ahhhhhh, brilliant!

7. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Hey sorry I've been away for a while, but I am an American Soldier and haven't really had much time off lately. Truthfully, I forgot about this story, but seeing that you haven't forgotten about me, I took a long time to read the rest of your story. And I liked it. It's too long to reply to everything I missed in the regular schedule of Wednesday and Saturday posts, but I must say that with Lumyia coming about and with Luke finally understanding who he is, are you going to continue beyond Return the Jedi? If so, then it will be great, but if you so choose not to, that is fine as well. It might be a little bit before I can reply, but don't worry, I will.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "But you didn't?Aack!" Shira cut him off, taking hold of his throat in a strong Force-grip. "Do yourself a favor, Darklighter. Shut up." Then she closed her hand slightly, constricting his throat just enough to send him into unconsciousness. Then she leapt up to the open cockpit, as started a preflight. A moment later, she cut in the repulsors, and the cockpit lowered, clicking shut. She raised the fighter, turned, and kicked the drives. She was into the atmosphere, and after calculating a quick jump, into hyperspace.

I have a bad feeling about this. [face_worried]

=D=

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    hey Tych are you ok?

10. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Due to the crash of my computer, I've been running a bit behind. I'll drop in with a post right now, but I can't say exactly when the next one will be coming. Also, apologies in advance for the lack of a PM with this update, but it's due to limited time, and the fact that I don;t know how much I can trust my system right now.

Leia brought the shuttle down, and disembarked. It didn't take long for her to be swept into the celebration that had begun. Today was a day for celebration, but her thoughts were on the funeral pyre that should even now be burning itself out. She came across Tycho and Wedge, and hugged both of them, glad to see her two old friends alive. She looked for Shira Brie, but couldn't find her. When she finally located Han, she asked what had happened.

"We discovered that she had Imperial loyalties. I'm just sorry I didn't see it sooner. Might have kept you from having to go through?whatever it was you went through up there."

"It was part of the will of the Force, Han. Just as it was the Force's will that my relationship to Luke be kept a secret until now."

"So he wasn't kidding when he made that crack about us making him an uncle," Han said. "Of course, I think he's known for a lot longer and just wanted to irk me."

"If he did, he wasn't telling me. I didn't find out until after we'd rescued you from Jabba. So where is Luke, anyways?"

"He's aboard the Tydirium, making a report to Mon Mothma. C'mon, enjoy the celebration while you can."

"I'll be with you shortly," Leia said. Something had caught her eye, but nobody else seemed to see it.

"If you say so. But don't complain that we didn't save any food for you when you're stuck eating field rations."

"I won?t take that long, thanks," Leia said. Turning away, she gazed into the forest. There, silhouetted against the dark backdrop of the trees, were two figures. She recognized both Yoda and Aayla, though the latter seemed younger than the Aayla Leia had known. A moment later, a young human shimmered into view alongside them. His hair hung down towards his shoulders, and his eyes were full of a mischievousness tempered by knowledge. Leia knew it could only be her father.

All three seemed to smiling, and Leia knew, for now, for always, she had their support. Then Aayla made a shooing gesture, as if directing her back towards the celebration. She's right, Leia thought. Tonight was a night for celebration. A celebration of light, of life, of the Force.

Epilogue's coming in the next post, whenever that might be.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    nice. so Luke doesn't find out that his father's Vader yet?

12. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Wow, great update!!! I'm really looking forward to the epilogue. [face_dancing]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=
    P.S. Sorry your computer crashed. :( It's a pain, I know because it's happened to me before. I don't even want to think about that happening to me again. I don't have hardly anything backed up. :oops:

13. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    dancing star: Yes, Lumiya's going to be quite the thorn. Glad you liked the update, and if you've got anything you really don't want to lose, I'd seriously considering backing it up. I didn't have a whole lot of this fic left to post, but I wouldn't have wanted to have several chapters written and then lose them!

Sil: I'd say you're certainly right on that count. Finding out Leia was his sister's enough. Any more might prove a little much, especially given that the galaxy needs to be put back together again. And thanks for worrying when I sort of disappeared for a while.

ccp: She's certainly not one I'd want lingering in the shadows.

SithGirl: Hope the ending meets with your approval. Originally, I had no plans for a sequel. But the best laid plans of mice and men...

Kevin: I did leave something of a menace for the future, didn't I? Guess that'll be the start of another fic. Biggs is fine. Shira just cut off the oxygen long enough that he wouldn't be able to interfere with her plans. Perhaps one last act of mercy on her part?

Kripp: I guess I'd say that balance has been restored. You've got two Jedi in Leia and Luke, and two Sith in Lumiya and the future Krayt.

Leona: Glad you liked it.

Semians: Hey, don't worry about the lack of replies. I understand that your time's limited, especially if you're deployed. As for continuing beyond RotJ, it's certainly looking likely.

VaderLVR: Let's just say that the bad feeling's probably warrented.

Okay, now that I think I'm up to date on replies, here's the Epilogue!

Epilogue: Reunion

The city's beautiful, Leia thought as the shuttle decended through the atmosphere of Naboo, and approached its landing site in the plaza landing field of Theed. The yellow N-1 starfighters, upgraded from those that had defended the planet from the Trade Federation decades ago, split off and headed for the Royal hanger. She looked over at Han, who had chosen not to accept the offer to land there himself. "So why was it that you didn't want to use the hanger they offered us?"

"Old smuggling habits die hard," Han replied. "You head for somewhere private, and somebody might just decide to make you disappear."

"That's not going to happne, Han," Luke said. "This isn't going to be like Bakura."

That near-fiasco was still present in the minds of the entire complement aboard the shuttle. Not only had the small force Luke had lead nearly been wiped out by the Imperials, but Leia had almost wound up as little more than a computer system aboard the flagship of an invading fleet. That, and she'd also found herself confessing the secret of Vader's true identity to Luke, who hadn't taken the revelation all that well.

"No, you're right," Han said. "This is just a nice little jaunt out to an Inner Rim world that hasn't yet decided what to do since the Emperor got all nice and toasty three months ago. Never mind that the world just happen to be the one Palpatine came from."

"Let's try and keep a little optimism here," Leia said. "They may have just been waiting for a formal request from the Alliance."

"Right," Han said, cutting the sublights and engaging the repulsors before bringing the shuttle in for a soft landing. "Looks like quite the reception committee," he commented.

Forming up outside the shuttle was a squad of what looked to be RSF, the Naboo Royal Security Force. "Probably means that someone important is going to meet us," Luke said.

"Which in turn means they're probably not going to try and blast us," Leia said. "For once."

"Fine," Han said. "Can we just hurry up and get the formalities out of the way."

"We're certainly not going to make a favorable impression if we keep them waiting," Luke said, leading the way from the cockpit to the ramp, which Han was already lowering. The three humans exited the ship, while Chewie insisted on remaining behind, should anythign go wrong. As they approached the RSF contingent, it parted, allowing fo

14. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    =D= =D= =D= =D=
    Congratulations on such a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it with us.[:D] I'm sad to see it over, though. :( But there's gonna be a sequel! Yay! [face_dancing]
    Again, congrats!=D=

15. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Yay! A sequel! Nice to get an update to help me procrastinate. Fantastic ending to an amazing story. Can't wait for a sequel! Hope your computer recovers.

16. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Kylantha is Ryoo right?

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A perfect way to end the story. But please put me on the PM list for the next one! :D

=D=

18. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    That was a lovely ending! =D= =D= What happened to your computer was tough, Tych_sel. [face_worried] Please put me on the PM list when you're writing the sequel.

I see the events of 'The Truce at Bakura' still took place:

That near-fiasco was still present in the minds of the entire complement aboard the shuttle. Not only had the small force Luke had lead nearly been wiped out by the Imperials, but Leia had almost wound up as little more than a computer system aboard the flagship of an invading fleet. That, and she'd also found herself confessing the secret of Vader's true identity to Luke, who hadn't taken the revelation all that well.

I can imagine the scene when that happened:

'Luke, Darth Vader was your father, as well as mine'.
    'NOOOOOO! THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!'
    _What a drama queen_, thought Han and everyone else within hearing.

[face_laugh]

And we have yet more family revelations:

"Leia Skywalker," Pooja said. "You look very much like your mother."

"I don't get it," Han said, looking a little confused.

"You didn't tell him?" Pooja asked Leia.

"Tell me what?" Han said, his tone growing irritated.

"Pooja's my cousin, Han," Leia said. "That's why I insisted on coming along."

At this rate, Han will be wanting to know if they're related to Chewie! [face_laugh]

P.S. Sorry for confusing Luke and Leia in my last post! :oops:

19. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    =D= Great ending. Sign me up for the sequal.

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Most lovley ending. =D=

Thanks for sharing it with us. [:D]

21. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    This was realy good! :D :D

I read the prequel to this and now this and they're sooo cool! :D Its a very interesting take. :) I can't wait to see what happens in the next one. *runs over to Beyond to start it*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.