main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Destroyer of the light - Seeker of Dreams - Obi,Qui, 27th Dec " Love Found "COMPLETE"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Title: Destroyer of light--- Seeker of Dreams
    Author: GKilkenny
    Rating: PG
    Time Period: Obi is 13
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Xanatos, the Jedi Council, and OC?s
    Genre: Angst, Drama
    Disclaimer: Sadly the characters do not belong to me, I just borrow them for fun.

Summary: Obi-wan had a dream that he would become a Jedi, his path was set.
    Until he met Qui-Gon Jinn, for a while he struggled to remain on the path, but pain and rejection caused him to seek another path.

A new path that would see him no longer a Jedi, and no longer living in the Temple.
    Would this new path give him peace and happiness, only the force could tell.

Rejected not once, not twice but three times (What do they say three times proves it) Obi-Wan couldn?t believe it he was devastated.
    He didn?t understand how it had all happened???.

He had come to the temple when he was just an infant, as the years passed by every one around him smothered him with affection he was well liked and was told often that he was going to be a great Jedi.
    His crèche Master once described him as a beacon of light, with a smile to warm the coldest heart.

He studied very hard, he was very attentive in class and was a grade A student.
    (Rejection, that word had never entered Obi-Wans thoughts until he almost turned thirteen, it was not a word that he would have thought would be meant for him.
    Master Yoda had always had a soft spot for him. Constantly telling him that ?Great Jedi he would be?
    Did he lie? Did all the teachers Lie? Did I do something wrong).

These were the questions that were going around his head.

Only six months ago if any one said to Obi-wan that he would be rejected as a Padawan he would have laughed at them.

Oh the bully used to say all the time that he would end up studying Agriculture with the other useless Jedi.
    Obi knew that he was wrong for two reasons,
    Master Yoda had said he was going to be a Jedi and he wouldn?t lie to him.

The other reason was that Obi-wan didn?t want to be a Farmer even though it was a good calling to go to the Agri Corps and the Jedi there were special, their expertise in the growing of nutritious food, was evident.
    Obi knew first hand because he loved food. He could never be a farmer, but he loved food.

Once Obi-wan asked Master Yoda if he would choose him but he said, ?Too old to train a Padawan, if younger I was then train you I would. But know I do that a Padawan you will be.?

?Do you know who will train me Master Yoda.? Obi had asked.

?Hard to see the future is but all will be revealed when the time is right young one no need for you to worry? Yoda said.

Master Yoda was getting very old, and the last Apprentice he had trained, was Qui-Gon Jinn and he turned out to be a great Jedi.
    Obi-wan had met him once when he was about eight.

He was strong in the force, Obi remembered the day he was visiting with Master Yoda and Qui-Gon placed his hand on Obi?s head his presence in the force seemed to enter
    Obi-wan?s mind making him feel light headed, and it was a warm feeling.
    Then Qui-Gon?s Padawan came into the room?.

Obi-wan thought. (I didn?t like his Padawan one bit he made me feel uncomfortable, his force signature seemed spooky; the feeling I got through the force worried me. But Qui-Gon didn?t seem to notice. I thought Master Yoda had noticed because he also had a strange look on his face.)

But four years later when I saw Master Jinn again, I remember thinking how different he looked.
    He looked sad. His apprentice had deserted the Jedi ways and had left Qui-Gon and the Temple.

He had been heart broken and he swore he would never take another apprentice.
    But Master Yoda it seemed had other ideas, he told me that Master Jinn needed a companion he needed an apprentice, to regain his faith in the force.

Master Yoda had hinted that Master Jinn might choose me as his Padawan.
    ?Why do you think that Master Yoda? Obi had asked.
    ?It is the will of the force, ? Master Yoda had said.

But Master Jinn was not

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hmm, you paint a rather harsh picture of Qui-Gon. But I'm very intrigued where this will go if not as the JA series.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Interesting start! I'm hoping that Qui-Gon won't be as bad as he seems in the beginning. Otherwise, you may have a few woman after you! :p

I'll be looking forward to updates on this one.

4. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    very interesting start.
    it seems you are already starting to get attention by making Qui-Gon quite different then the one we know.
    a gutsy move. i like it! :)
    the cool thing about this is that you really have an open book to do whatever you want with obi-wan when he leaves the jedi as you alluded that he will. that is very intriuging to me.
    i look forward to see where your imagination takes us!

5. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Qui-Gon... that was just so...

*is tempted to take off her shoe and hit Qui-Gon in the head with it repeatedly* :mad:

That was incredibly mean of him. Talk about crushing a child's dream. Yes, he was hurt by Xanatos, but that is no excuse. [face_not_talking]
    And some people wonder why I am a Sith... ;)

Wonderful story! I really look forward to seeing where this will go. With Qui-Gon rejecting Obi-Wan so completely, what will Obi-Wan do now? Will Xanatos find him?

I can't wait to find out. :D Can you please PM me when you update? Thank you! [:D]

Ani-maniac

6. Terra_Wan_Kenobi

Terra_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    What in the name of the force are you doing Qui-Gon!!!!!

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Woohoo!! Another story by the great Gkilkenny, I'm so excited!! [face_dancing]

And it looks like bucket-head Qui is back too, uh oh! [face_devil]

This story is off to a great start, I can't wait to see what happens! :D I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one! [face_love]

8. obi-wanfan123

obi-wanfan123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    :mad: Well, well, well, Looks like Mr. I-AM-SO-Great or Qui-Gon is back, to once again hurt Obi's feelings.

BUT THEN!!

We all know what happens at the end!!

Wonderful start and this story sounds great!!:)

Please PM when the next post is up, please??[face_praying]

9. AriaJediKnight

AriaJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    Starting to not like Qui again. lol. great start.
    Rachel

10. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Obi-wan thought. (I didn?t like his Padawan one bit he made me feel uncomfortable, his force signature seemed spooky; the feeling I got through the force worried me. But Qui-Gon didn?t seem to notice. I thought Master Yoda had noticed because he also had a strange look on his face.)

But four years later when I saw Master Jinn again, I remember thinking how different he looked.
    He looked sad. His apprentice had deserted the Jedi ways and had left Qui-Gon and the Temple.

:rolleyes: If Qui-Gon couldn't sense that Xanatos was "spooky", no wonder he didn't understand what the Force was trying to tell him about Obi-Wan!

And, now he is going around feeling sorry for himself? o_O

Wonderful start![face_dancing]

I can't wait to see where Obi-Wan will go, and what he will do next! :D

11. rubber_band

rubber_band Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    this is great!
    Qui-gon was an ass

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Healer Leona Yes I suppose I do come down a bit hard
    on Qui-Gon, but hopefully he can only get better.
    He is an easy subject to work with.[face_whistling]
    Thank you@};-

VaderLVR64 Thank you, Qui-Gon has that sort of face
    you never know just what he is going
    to do, or say.:D

obi_webb I always thought Qui-Gon was a little harsh
    whenever he spoke to Obi-wan.
    So my imagination decided to take it a little further and make him mean as well.
    early in the story I mention in a subtle way the
    path he will take.[face_whistling]

Ani-maniac Yeah Qui-Gon does make you want to hit him
    I think I have wanted to knock him over the head a few times
    and maybe knock some sense into him.
    I hope you like the twists and turns.:D

Terra_Wan_Kenobi He's doing what I tell him to do!

if he's good I may be nice to him
    or then again maybe not.[face_devil]

Bastet Thank you I'm glad your reading and thank you for the compliment.
    Yes good old Buckethead is back and I think the bucket is steel instead of plastic this time.[face_laugh]

obi-wanfan123 You know me I love a bit of angst
    and suffering, and Qui-Gon does it best.

obi-wanfan123 says
    We all know what happens at the end!!

So pre-empting are we! what if I decide to change the end.

A little death or two maybe? [face_devil] [face_laugh]

AriaJediKnight Hi Rachel I thought a bit more
    punishment for Qui-Gon, and sadness for Obi.:D

Star_Drifter Thanks, I always got the impression
    Qui-Gon liked feeling sorry for himself.

He does a wonderful job of bashing him self up, with
    a little help from me!![:D]

rubber_bandGlad youre liking it. a few more kicks to Qui-Gons backside coming soon.:D

13. obi-wanfan123

Jun 12, 2005
    Well, let's hope the death isn't Obi's!!

14. AriaJediKnight

Jul 9, 2005
    i second Obi Wan fans coment.
    Rachel

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    obi-wanfan123 Oh !! so you dont want him to die

it would make for great angst.[face_devil]

AriaJediKnight and you agree with obi-wanfan123

Ok how about some more story!!!

Master Yoda was fuming he had thought that Qui-Gon would come to his senses once he saw Obi-Wan perform in the arena.
    He reached out to sense Qui-Gons emotions and was stopped by an impenetrable shield.

?Qui-Gon changed you have cruel you have become? Yoda admonished him.

?Master Yoda? Answered Qui-Gon. ?Cruel is better than being betrayed again, I spent twelve years of my life with a Padawan who was to be my greatest achievement.
    I doted on him, he was perfect in every way, but he turned without warning, my world crashed around me when he deserted the Jedi and Me! I will not let that happen again? Qui-Gon scolded.

?Wrong you are, warning there was, stubborn you were; blind to the truth you still are.? Yoda said as he turned away to follow after Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon stood by himself in the now empty Hall. He slumped down on the bench putting his head in his hands.

Thoughts were racing through his mind.
    ?What was that I felt, that boy tendrils of his force presence were bombarding my shields, trying to bond with me. I will not bond with that boy I won?t.
    The force wouldn?t be so cruel as to make me go through that again.
    It must be Yoda?s doing, the meddling old troll.He is to blame for the boy not being chosen. Not me I will not risk betrayal again??

?Wrong I was to build your hopes up young one? Yoda said standing next to kneeling Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan looked at the small Master and said. ?I could sense Master Jinn?s pain and fear.
    He doesn?t like me, and He is so sad I don?t understand Master Yoda why is he so sad, I could feel the force pulling me towards him He said that no one wanted me as an apprentice, is that true?? Obi waited for an answer.

Yoda sat down next to Obi and spoke.

?Told you I did that Jedi you will be, strong in the Force you are.?

?Why didn?t any of the Knights pick me then?? Obi asked.

?You were not there to be chosen, there only to make up numbers.
    Need experienced Master you do, need not an inexperienced young Knight. Great destiny lies in front of you Young one. Strong Master you need? Yoda said.

?Master Yoda ? Obi started ?I had a strange feeling when Master Jinn came over A feeling of well being came over me and I felt warm and safe.?

?The force is showing you it?s choice for your Master. But hurt badly Qui-Gon has been, unable to release his pain, Needs you he does. But very stubborn Master Jinn is, ever since he took his second Padawan will not listen to logic.? Yoda explained.

The next day Qui-Gon was boarding the Transport ?Explorer? he was off on a mission to Bandomeer.
    Word had come to the Temple that there were some artefacts found in one of the mines, the miner who found them said that he had been told to ask for Master Jinn and would only give them to him.
    It was a relatively simple mission and the council had been assured that the Artefacts were real.
    The mission would only take a few days.

Master Yoda decided to interfere once more in bringing Master and apprentice together.
    He organised for Obi-Wan to go Bandomeer with Master Yelti who had decided to retire to the Agri Corps.
    They would be on the ?Explorer? too.

Yoda knew that Obi-Wan was very resourceful and would find a way into the stubborn Jinn?s heart.

?Accompany Master Yelti you will To carry his bags and see him settled on Bandomeer, arrange I will for you to come back on the same Transport as Master Jinn. Up to you it is to change his mind?

Obi-Wan nodded but said ?Do you think he will change his mind and accept me.
    He rejected me once already What if he rejects me again.?

?Worry on what might happen when it does happen.? Yoda said. ?Now hurry Master Yelti waiting he is.?

Once they had boarded the ?Explorer? and found their cabin, Master Yelti went for a walk around the transport, leaving Obi meditating.

Obi-Wan was havi

16. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    great job! =D=
    the end certainly caught me off guard! yelti had a HEART attack and obi was the one who was shot! clever way to suprise everyone at the end!
    i certainly hope qui-gon comes around to help poor obi!

17. obi-wanfan123

Jun 12, 2005
    OH MY GOD!!

OH MY GOD!!

OH MY GOD!!

No, Obi couldn't have got shot...

OH MY GOD!!!

Oh Gkilkenny, why did you have to do this to Obi??

He is way to young to leave and yet you decide to do this to him!!

Why, him??

:_| :_| :_|

Please tell me he is alive, please??

[face_praying]

18. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    ?Good Jedi is Qui-Gon but carries his heart in his head.
    He cannot think clearly, His favourite saying is ?Keep your thoughts in the here and now,? and ?Your focus determines your reality? But do as he says, ?He does not? Yelti sighed.

[face_laugh] Open mouth, insert boot!

I love mean Qui-Gon fics for some reason! Maybe a touch of some Force Lightening in the right spot would help him get the point! ;)

As the pain was getting worse he opened his eyes and looked down at his own body.
    Blood, there was blood running down his tunic.
    He stared at it for a while trying to comprehend what it meant.
    He tried to remember the calming technics he had been taught, but the pain was immense, he couldn?t concentrate.
    His eyelids were getting heavy and his vision was blurring up, he felt strange??

Poor Obi-Wan! :_| He is wounded and bleeding and Qui-Gon is too busy being mean to notice!!! :eek:

Somebody better knock some sense into Qui-Gon fast! :mad:

Great post, Gkilkenny! =D= =D= =D=

Please, may I have some more? [face_batting]

19. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    [face_devil] Evil cliffhanger, agghhh!!

?Qui-Gon changed you have ?Cruel you have become? Yoda admonished him. You said it, Yoda! :mad:

:_| I feel so bad for Obi, Qui was so mean!! :mad: And all that time he was the one who was hurt! If Qui had been paying more attention, maybe he would have noticed! :mad: Aahh, I hope Obi is going to be okay! [face_worried]

So...if Qui's bucket-head is steel this time instead of plastic, it won't hurt him when I knock him over the head anymore? [face_beatup] ;) Too bad... [face_frustrated] He'd better do some apologizing soon, or I just might have to find something hard enough to do some damage... [face_skull]

Please post more soon, I must know what happens!! [face_praying]

20. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    GK!!! How's it going over there? I loved how this started out. You once again made Qui-Gon crule & make us want to attack him. [face_beatup] & poor Obi miserable. I hope He will be okay & Qui-Gon will get his act together. :mad: Post more soon!

21. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Yhea another Gkilkenny story.

Why didn't poor little Obi tell the big bad bucket head HE was the one shot?

Waiting for next post.

22. rubber_band

rubber_band Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    omg Obi! again Qui is an ass lol :p
    save Obi so he can kick Qui's ass!

23. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Are you saying that Obi-Wan was shot? o_O

Oooo angst...:D :D :D

This was a wonderful post, and I can't wait to see what happens! =D=

And thank you so much for the PM! [:D]

Ani-maniac

24. AriaJediKnight

Jul 9, 2005
    O_O NO!!!!!!! OBI WAN!!!!!!! *Sniff*[face_praying] Oh god please don't let it of been him. He can't die. He's to cute and adorible to die.:_| *Slaps Qui. Hugs Obi.* Look at this face qui. How could you not love it.
    Rachel

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

obi_webb the end certainly caught me off guard! yelti had a HEART attack and obi was the one who was shot! clever way to suprise everyone at the end!

I tried to make it a surprise, I guess it worked.

:D

obi-wanfan123
    Oh Gkilkenny, why did you have to do this to Obi??

He is way to young to leave and yet you decide to do this to him!!

Why, him??

Why you say? Mmmmm... Because it is fun to keep you on the edge of your seat.
    Why Him? because Obi-wan is the only one who can take all the punishment I give him and still survive!

Well maybe survive! [face_devil]

Star_Drifter I love mean Qui-Gon fics for some reason! Maybe a touch of some Force Lightening in the right spot would help him get the point

I love being mean to him and how about Him standing in a bucket of water when the lightening strikes""[face_laugh]

OOh I am being too mean.
    But sometimes he deserves it.

you say Please, may I have some more?
    Ok you ask so sweetly more it is.[:D]

BastetSo...if Qui's bucket-head is steel this time instead of plastic, it won't hurt him when I knock him over the head anymore?

No but the sound it makes when you bash him will give him a big headache:D

LilQui-Gon Going great over here!

I loved writing the last part, it just seemed the way to go.
    But Qui-Gon is so stubborn, he cannot see what is in front of him.:oops:

jodiwent Why didn't poor little Obi tell the big bad bucket head HE was the one shot?

He didn't realise he was shot he was to busy worrying about what Qui-Gon thought of him.

He's a bit of a worrier is Obi-wan.[face_worried]

rubber_band
    save Obi so he can kick Qui's ass!

Save him you say? I will think about it, but it is very tempting
    just so I can see Obi kick his backside!!!:D

Ani-maniac
    Are you saying that Obi-Wan was shot?

Saying that I am!

Oooo angst... Yes I love angst.[face_devil]

AriaJediKnight

He can't die. He's to cute and adorible to die.

I agree with you 100 percent.[:D]

Look at this face qui. How could you not love it.

To look at Obi's face Qui would have to 'open his eyes!!

Thanks all for the reviews@};- [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.