Char, NC Destruction of Lake Como (filmed in AOTC)

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_528, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_528 Jedi Knight

star 1

Hi Everyone!
    Well, I just thought I'd let you all know about the planned destruction of Lake Como in Italy (Tremezzo area). That is the place where the Naboo scenes in Attack of the Clones were filmed (picnic meadow, etc). It's an absolutely gorgeous place and soon it will be no more, as it seems a developer and realtor have plans to build upon it. If you wish to sign the online petition to stop this action, follow the link below. You can choose to get updates on this or remain anonymous, but please leave a comment saying that you want to leave this place undisturbed. Thanks!!

Join in and tell other people about it! The address is: http://www.petitiononline.com/3791/petition.html
  2. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    What????? Oh mercy! Developers :mad:

Here is a link to a picture of the lake in case anyone has forgotten it. :p

I cannot stand that developers see a piece of land and decide that it is blank and needs to be reworked. Then the rape the land and put up their toothpick houses and don't plan the correct amount of infrastructure. When it comes time to build say a high school they find an endangered species and claim they can't build anymore because they are running that species out of its habitat. Well shouldn't you have thought about that before you built on the land? Hmmm?

Opps . . . I got started [face_blush]

goes to sign petition
  3. TuskenFan Jedi Master

star 4
  4. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Unless the STAR WARS community is willing to band together and raise the FUNDS to purchase Lake Como, I really do not see what good a petition is going to do.

Wet Blanket Wookiee
  5. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I've got .02 cents :p

You never know and it can't hurt ;)
  6. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the point I didn't express very well is that Lake Como is not like some religious shrine for the world,(GAAAAAAAAHH, Jack, you blaspheme!) and if you really want to save it the way it is, the land will need to be purshased to ensure that no development occurs there.
    The Nature Conservancy does that all the time to save land from developers.
    Just an idea. About time the 501st and Rebel Legions did something more than talk about STAR WARS.
  7. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NOT A RELIGIOUS SHRINE????

[face_shame_on_you] [face_talk_hand] [face_not_talking]

:p

Interesting. I wonder if all the 501st Garrisons, all the Rebel Legion outposts and all the fan forces took up a collection if we could raise enough to SAVE LAKE COMO!

Wait a second . . . didn't I already make that donation on September 12th when I bought the Original Classic Trilogy on DVD? :mad:

George Lucas! Buy Lake Como!!!!

:p
  8. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi North Carolina folks! I'm off the Tucson boards...

While Lake Como is a beautiful area, a fair bit of it is already developed as there are several towns on the lake.
    I guess I'm not quite seeing how Lake Como is going to be destroyed by a developer...
  9. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Go to Oro Valley and you'll see :p

Development is one thing. Over development is another.
  10. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4

Too true. It is next to impossible to see Lake Oro Valley from Oracle Road with all the over-development.

Or is all the over-development more a result of silicon injections?
    :eek: [face_shame_on_you]
  11. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    :oops: :rolleyes: :p

12. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    what specifically are they planning on doing to the lake?? I love all the filming of the Naboo area, it was what I wanted to use as the backdrop photo for our wedding invitation.
  13. Jedi_528 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi and welcome! Well there are apparently plans to develop the unspoiled areas (or like Jada was saying 'over-develop'). There must always be in nature, as in everything else, BALANCE. Thanks to those who signed the petition. And you never know. Sometimes one person--even just one--can change the course of events (gee....ahhh...like what Anakin's character represented!) Anyway spread the word and perhaps I should let the other chapters know. I could give countless examples of something that changed because enough voices blended together as one. Meditate on this and send out postive energy on it. Anything IS possible. Thanks again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.