main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Details, Details - Anakin/Darth Vader Challenge Response

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Nightflower, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightflower

Nightflower Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    Title: Details, Details
    Author: Nightflower
    Timeframe: Post-ROTJ
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Yoda, Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Artoo, Threepio
    Genre: Comedy :D
    Summary: When it comes to setting up a new government, the devil is truly in the details!
    Notes: For the "Anakin's Ghost" challenge in the Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader Character Challenges

The Rules:

Anakin's Ghost.

That's right. Anakin in the afterlife:

Must be between 1000 and 2500 words.
    Must contain humor.

Must contain the words:

disincorporate
    extrasensory
    lexicon
    sappy
    sarcastic

Details, Details

"Anakin, you do realize we cannot solve all of Luke's problems for him," Obi-Wan said as he paced the floor of his adobe hut on Tatooine. It was not the actual location, but a facsimile fashioned with the Force from his memory. He'd grown accustomed to the tiny dwelling during his exile in life, and found it a favorable environment for meditation, as well as for teaching remedial lessons to his old padawan. "The Ssi-ruvi invasion of Bakura was important enough to merit our involvement. But the matter you are describing does not seem that critical."

"Master, the Alliance may have broken the back of the Empire, but there is a strong remnant of the Imperial fleet that still exists. If the Alliance is to establish their authority to create a new Republic, the transition of power must be as smooth as possible." It felt strange to Anakin, talking again with his old mentor about the inner workings of politics. The more things change... he thought to himself.

"Why do you think their authority will not be accepted now?" Obi-Wan asked, seating himself in a chair beside a small white table. "You saw the celebrations on Coruscant. The people have been starved for freedom. Why would they refuse the new government?"

Anakin sat on the bench at the other side of the table, so as not to talk down to Obi-Wan. "With respect, Master, it is not the people who have continued to administer government functions, even with the vacuum of power. The Alliance is fortunate that the bureaucracy has decided not to disincorporate public services during the transition."

"Well, if they care so much about maintaining the structure of the system, no matter who is in charge, why is it such a concern?"

Anakin told him.

Obi-Wan pulled on his beard for a few moments. "Very well," he said at last, "you may visit him."

The Coruscant apartment for the House of Organa had been sealed since the Battle of Yavin. There was still dust in the air as cleaning droids whisked away dropcloths from the elaborate Alderaan furniture and artwork. Windows slid open to allow the breeze created by the rushing aerial traffic to blow through the rooms and corridors, infusing them with life.

Luke Skywalker felt uneasy as he stood on the balcony of Leia's old suite. His first visit to Coruscant had been filled with apprehension. To his left, he could see the mushroom dome of the Imperial Senate. Just beyond that was the Imperial Palace, still pulsing with residual dark energy. To his right, he could see the charred remains of the old Jedi Temple, which served as a terrible reminder of what became of those who opposed the Emperor.

Suddenly, he'd never felt more like a farmboy.

"This is your first visit to Coruscant, my son?"

Luke nearly jumped as he whirled around. He'd been so wrapped up in his uneasiness that he had ignored his own extrasensory signals.

"Father!" Luke wasn't sure he would ever be used to seeing his father at an age equal to his own. But it was still a welcome sight. "What are you doing here?"

"I must speak to you of a matter of great importance, Luke," the youthful specter said. "Where is your sister?"

"She is at Administration Hall with Mon Mothma. They're working to establish the governing authority of the Alliance."

Anakin put a hand to his forehead. "Sithspit! I

2. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    ~laughs~

This was wonderful!

I feel bad for poor Ani and Luke though... In so much trouble with Leia. Aw!

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This was great, Nightflower!!! [face_laugh] Luke, the new Emperor![face_laugh]

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Nightflower, that was delightful. I loved the use of the must have words and how Anakin really tried to impart his message bu kept getting interrupted. Very nicely done.

5. Nightflower

Nightflower Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    Thanks, everyone, for your nice feedback! :D Hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it!

This was actually a plot bunny I'd been letting hop around inside my head ever since ROTJ forst came out - I just needed the right kick-start to write it down! [face_idea]

Blessings!

Nightflower

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Bravo! =D= I absolutely adored it!

7. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I loved it!!! :D [face_laugh]

8. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    "Figures," said the rogue space pirate, joining Luke on the balcony. Luke saw Anakin quickly take two steps backward to avoid being passed through again.

LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.