main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Detroit, c'mon back, ya hear?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lovelucas, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Hey guys -
    Even though I'm a west-sider I've attended a couple of your meetings in the past and detected lots of midichlorians - AA - how about recontacting, rejoinging, rejoicing?

and with the cross-over involvement of Blasty and Lavagrrrrrrrl (501st, Rebel Legion) it would seem TFN would be a nice convergence for recruits, participation etc. There was always something going on or being planned. Michigan's largest city needs a Rebel Base.....and a Death Star.

I hope 2008 brings a resurgence -
    but today I wish you all a Merry Christmas

2. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    Seconded. ;)

Perhaps the great irony of FanForce for me - I worked Saturday nights for years. I finally start getting them off... And you guys stop meeting. Sigh.

3. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Going to Novi for meetings is just not going to happen with my back problem and migraines. At this point, I really cannot plan to go out because I really don't know when a migraine is going to attack. :(

I think a location somewhere in the middle of Oakland County might work better for Christine & Todd and Jon & I. I'm not entirely positive where Mike is living now.

If Mike, Christine, or Todd want start meeting again, we can try.

Dunc T'racen, I'm really sorry that the group has died out. It used to be a lot of fun getting together to talk Star Wars, and then go to a movie and dinner or to someone's home to play games. We had over 20 people at the meetings, went camping, saw tons of movies together, played lots of games, and went to a cabin to celebrate our first two anniversaries.

4. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Oh, I'm absolutely all for meeting again. I mean, no one else I know reads Star Wars novels. :p I know Steve and Barry would come back as well. I'm out in the middle of nowhere right now (Milan, 15 minutes freaking south of Ann Arbor) but that doesn't really matter. It's funny that we're right back into location issues, heh. I've always said location doesn't really matter for me, so if you guys need something closer then lets find it. What would be good that's out in Oakland County? We've already tried and ruled out Great Lakes.

As for the anniversaries, Dustin and I tried to keep it up. We never get it together with that cabin place, though. We still...sorta...have time to plan something for this year, though. I dunno if we're in that reservation window for that cabin place, but we can still work out some kind of celebration.

5. CTATigger

CTATigger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Thanks, Lovelucas--you are absolutely right! Todd and I have really missed getting together with everyone on a semi-regular basis. If we can't figure out anywhere else to meet, we'd be willing to have a get together at our house:) We don't live far from the Oakland Mall area, so we're pretty centrally located off of I-75 and 696
    Let us know what date would be good for you all....
    Plus there is a Red Robin right near here if you all want to go out to eat at our old favorite....
    Fly Casual,
    Christine

6. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    Pretty much anyplace is going to be out of the way for me, so I'm not picky. ;)

7. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Yeah, Great Lakes = Way too noisy.

Actually, Christine, you are really pretty centrally located. How about we try to narrow down a date that works for everyone. I miss all of you so much!

8. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Ok--how about the second or third Saturday in February? The 9th or the 16th?
    Please post if you are interested in an R2Detroit reunion gathering/meeting at Christine, Todd & Scotty's on one of the above-mentioned dates!:) All are welcome!:)
    Mike, Susie, John or anyone else reading this--can you please email people or phone them. I don't think anyone checks this board regularly anymore, as it has been dead for so long....

9. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    I'll email Jon (sad isn't it? We're in the same house, just different rooms) with the info and see what he can do. If it ends up just being a small group, would that be OK?

Way to be proactive Christine! I can't wait to see you, Todd and little Scotty. :D

OK, Jon and I will be in Miami on the 9th for my cousin's wedding. So that's out. Jon's checking with Mike, Steve, Suzanne and Barry and we'll get back to you.

10. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    A small group would be fine. The 16th of February would be ok for us, as far as I know.
    We look forward to seeing everyone. I can send Kyle a message via Facebook.
    Let us know...
    Christine

11. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Sounds great! Thanks for the invite to your home. :D

12. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    The 16th will be fine for me, heh. I don't know how much of a "meeting" this'll actually be, but we should definitely scout out potential locations until then; we can then figure out what place works to get things back on track. I kinda figure you wouldn't want regular meetings at the house Christine. :p

13. CTATigger

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh, we could probably cope once a month:) There is a Red Robin really nearby--I know that was a favorite after meeting place for dinner out in Novi.
    So, any word from the usual suspects? Kyle said he has to work that night at 11pm but might try to come by for awhile. He will also tell Therese.
    I suppose maybe Dustin will promise to come and then not show up again, huh?;)
    LOL....
    Looking forward to seeing you Mike!
    ~Christine, Todd (& Scotty)

14. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    such good news! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.