main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Detroit Fan Club T-shirts -you must read and respond, if you want one

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by FearAndBullets, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    ok, now does everyone agree on the logo?

I will call a screen printer and get quotes, once I get a head count of who wants one, color and the sizes. So, please post your name, color (gray or white) and size (sm, md, lg, xlg, xxlg -this size might cost more). Remember, this is just so I can get a quote.

I'll check and see if the color of the logo won't disappear on a gray shirt. I may just have to change the logo to a darker blue. Which will look great on both a gray or a white shirt.

I will post a mockup of the shirt at the groups location. (And if your not a member, then shame on you...what are you waiting for?)

-note, though I thought that putting a small logo a tag line on the sleeve was cool, it might be too costly to print another screen.
    -note the more we order the lower the individual cost.

~F&B

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    What about a 2-sided T-shirt? Put the silhouette of R2 on the left or right breast with "R2-Detroit" under it. Then place the logo and whatever else on the back?

And I'm in for a grey in XL unless the shirts run really small then make it an XXL. Nothing worse than a shirt that's tight across the chest.

3. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Count me in! I prefer white, but gray would be fine if that's what most of you want. Size XL please. Maybe I'm too picky, but could we go with 100% cotton shirts? I never seem to wear the poly blend ones more than once. Something cheesy about them, imo.

M.

4. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Put me down for one.I would also prefer white,size L.

5. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I'll take one. I like the gray. Make it a 2XL for me. For some reson I like my shirts big on me.

6. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I'll take a white shirt, size L.

7. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Ill take a grey one, size large

8. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    Hey all, please get all of the other members to respond to this. Remember, the more shirts wanted the cheaper the cost. Also, I will need to have everyone's orders in by April 8th...that way, I can get a quote, give everyone a cost and collect payment at the next meeting. I'll be posting designs within the next day or two for a vote.

9. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    I'll take one, Gray-XL.

10. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    Hi all, I posted my first design of the t-shirt in the yahoo groups photos section. I'm working on some others, but I thought that I'd share this one first. Please, if you have any ideas, share.

~F&B

11. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    I love the design on the tee-shirt! It's great. I think it needs some type of tag line on the bad, under the image. I can't think of anything at the moment, but other than that it looks great!

Count me in for one! Grey, medium (unless they run small then a large)

12. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    I'd like to order a gray, XXL.
    Thanks for helpin' to put this together, F&B.

13. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Hey, I was just wondering if there were any plans for personalizing them w/ our names or screen names on the Ts. When my theatre group did tees it was about $5 extra & was optional. Just a thought.

14. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Do you think we should put the fanforce web address on it so people know were to find us?

15. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I like the design,F&B.Nice job on that!

Maybe we could put the web address at the bottom of one of the sleeves?Has that been suggested already?

16. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I do like the front of the T-Shirt...a lot.

But there's something about the image on the back that looks kind of, off.I don't know what it is...but it's there. For me anyway...

As for putting something on the sleeve. That is doable, but I'm sure it'll cost more to get it done.

17. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    Thanks everyone for the great feedback!!!

I like the number of responses and i'll be checking into cost here very shortly. One, way to save money is if someone you know does silk screening. That'll save quite a bit there, but if not, that's ok too. I'll look for the best deal/quality in town and i'll get several quotes.

Um, as far as the tag line, did you guys notice it on the back? I'm not sure if the pictures are too small to notice it, but it's there.

Diana, what if I shrink the pic of R2 on the back or maybe put him in a circle or something? Shrinking him...just a bit, might be a tad bit better. You might think that it's too overwhelming and being so big might look like a blob of blue on the back, so if I shrink it, it might look a little more definable. Here is another thought, the original pic I used has R2 with his 3rd leg out and I could put that back in.

Oh yeah, before I forget, which address are we going to use? I think we get more responses here on the boards than we do in groups. I think that we should find a site with free hosting and put a 1 to 2 page site together, temporarily. The site could have links to this board and our yahoo groups on it. We could register the name www.r2detroit.com at www.weblaunching.net for only $12 a year. Then we could make the site bigger once we have more members....it's just an idea because www.r2detroit.com is alot easier to remember than groups.yahoo.com/group/r2detroit/.

18. jedi_blynnj

Feb 5, 2002
    I like the idea of getting a better website. I wouldn't mind chipping in some money. I go to an art school (College for Creative Studies) that does silk screening. I could ask around and see if someone is willing to do it for a cheaper price. I'll let you know as soon as I can get some info about it.

19. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I noticed the tag line...but maybe you should add a question mark at the end of it. It is supposed to be a question...right? :)

I think shrinking the R2 a bit would be better, but I think it's the fact that there's nothing else on the shirt that kind of gets to me. Maybe, the wording should be slightly bigger? I think...I like R2 with the 3rd leg sticking out too. Sorry if I'm being a pain in the butt, but there was just something about it that didn't look quite right to my "eye". hehe

I'm all for us getting a temporary web site.

20. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    Hey All,
    I just wanted to give everyone a "heads up", I have posted a new t-shirt back design based on what feedback i've received. It's R2 with 2 legs (3 didn't look as good) in the middle of a simple, circular design based on the design on R2's melon. It has the question mark in the tag line and the web address as well. Oh, and it's on a gray shirt, so you can see that as well. Let me know you thoughts.
    Thanks,
    ~F&B

21. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    WOW! :cool:

It looks amazing! I love it!

You do good work sir. :D

22. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Looks great, F&B.

23. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    The shirt design looks very good, especially on a grey one.

24. jedi_blynnj

Feb 5, 2002
    I just found out today about making shirts at school. A friend of mine said she would show me how to do it. So that way we would just have to pay for materials, not labor. She said it would also be easier to keep it in one color. She already showed me how to make the silkscreen. That was really cheap. You just need a wood frame and stretch silk across it. She said to make the screen I could use the materials we have at school. Then all we need to do is buy paint and the tee-shirts. So I think it would be cheaper to do it this way. It would also be kind of fun, to do at a meeting. Names wouldn't be possible this way, so that's up to you guys. I'll ask my friend how much the paint is. Let me know what you all think.

25. jedi_blynnj

Feb 5, 2002
    I really like the new design for the back. The question mark really helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.