main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Detroit St. Patrick's Day Parade- Sunday, March 11th

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BlastyTrooper, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    The 501st and Rebel Legion will once again march the St. Patrick's Day Parade [face_good_luck] in Detroit.

Details from TI-1800:
    "Like in years past, we'll be walking/marching/sauntering down Michigan Avenue in Detroit on Sunday, March 11, through the Corktown district. A little scary, but not as bad as the neighboring cracktown areas.

The $100 entry fee is still in effect.

I've invited the Rebel Legion as well, and I think this year, RL can take point and lead the way (501st led last year).

Members of Jedi Knights of Cleveland have come up in years past, and we were joined by other Ohio Garrison members last year, so if folks could spread the word around to neighboring Garrisons and Bases, that'd be awesome."

2. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I came up for this event from Chicago....it was great to meet a few of your Detroit Fan Force....
    I had a great time...and as a buff of history...I LOVE the Corktown neighborhood with the great old homes from the 1800's....I spend as much time looking at the buildings as the costumes...

I will be back to post a link of photos tomorrow...

Thank you again for a great time Detroit!

3. wcostumes

wcostumes Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2007
    Edit: Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

4. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Photos from the parade:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/schphgochi/album/576460762393375874

5. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Great photos!

I'm really bummed I didn't at least go down as non-costumed support. I will try to work on Jon's photos within the next couple of days. :D

6. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    you have to concentrate on getting better!;)

7. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    this was a great day - lots of spectators got the message that Star Wars is forever.

and thanks so much for sharing those pics...yours are tons better than mine although I did get little-type Yoda in a really cute photo.

Nice to meet the entire crew...and we had great Anakin, and roller Trooper.

8. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    I swear, some day in the future I'm gonna get a costume and be a part of these events. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.