main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Deus Ex Machina Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaden, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden

Jaden Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2001
    Anybody awake?

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I just got back from Wyoming... so I haven't been able to write. Got to see my new college :D Met a ton of people there. I should have a good time :)

Now let's get writing...

3. Strangefate

Strangefate Jedi Master

May 27, 2002
    Sorry I took so long to submit my chars, been rather busy the last week.

Name: Arion Ortell
    Species: Human
    Home Planet: Unknown
    Height: 5?9?
    Weight: 190 lbs.
    Build: Thick (tho not fat)
    Hair: Gray
    Eyes: Blue
    Personality: Gruff, street wise, reserved, honorable, loyal, haunted

History: Formerly one of the Taymarian underworld?s premier smugglers/pirates, known for his quick blaster and ruthless action towards his enemies. He left the business behind him years ago though and currently runs a small space freighter repair shop in the Outer Rim. For the most part Arion prefers to forget those times and the terrible things he did but the past is not always so easily left behind?particularly when you owe someone a debt, someone who is not likely to forget such as the enigmatic Senator Jular Iras.

Name: Jular Iras
    Species: Human
    Home Planet: Taymar
    Height: 6?1?
    Weight: 186 lbs.
    Build: Average
    Hair: Black w/ white
    Eyes: Green
    Personality: Charming, crafty, savvy, manipulative, egotistical, greedy

History: The powerful and controversial Jular Iras has served as Taymar?s senator for the last two decades. During this time, rumor has also placed Iras as the mastermind behind the Taymarian Syndicate, although no one has ever proven these allegations true. Nevertheless, the senator?s role as the leading spokesman for the so-called Black League more or less substantiates such claims. The Black League (officially known as the Mid-Rim Free Enterprise Organization--MFEO) is an extremely influential group of senators who advocate free trade and unrestricted enterprise throughout the Republic. Such rhetoric is merely a smoke screen though. The League (whose numbers fluctuate around one hundred) expends most of its energy stalling Senate actions against various illicit activities, ranging from crack downs on spice smuggling and weapons sales to the enforcment of laws on the galactic slave trade. A majority, if not all, of the senators involved are from systems whose primary income stem from illegal sales. Others tend to be on the payrolls of the Hutts or similar criminal empires. Despite the notoriety of leading the League, Iras remains popular at home through extensive charity donations and staunch loyalty to the royal family (who oddly enough have fought endlessly to break the powerful Taymarian Syndicates through the years). Little is known about Iras?s private life, although publicly he is said to be quite charming and friendly. The word of late places Iras as a potential candidate for the Taymarian throne. Jular Iras himself has made no public statements either way.

Name: 4D-T31
    Type: Gyromech Security Droid T30 Model
    Built: Gyromech Industries Automated Plant on Coruscant
    Height: 5?8?
    Weight: 209 lbs.
    Build: Humanoid
    Body: Blue tinted plastoid
    Eyes: Green
    Personality: Dedicated, insightful, bureaucratic, polite, slow, self-doubting
    Armed: Standard Gyrmech domestic police gear ? stun blaster, taser rod, durasteel restraining cuffs, etc.

History: 4D-T31 is one of the many security droids that populate the mostly synthetic based domestic police force on Akamba. The planet's relatively peaceful nature and sparse population has made droid security a cheap and thus fairly popular alternative to a large standing police force. For the last ninety years 4D-T31 has served with distinction on Akamba?s defense force. In the last decade or so newer droids have largely replaced the Gyromechs and 4D was removed from his previous inter-city position and transferred to a rural location. 4D currently serves as head constable for the small town of Tremoog near the Pylin Mountains.

Gyromech Security droids are capable of independent thought with up-to-date (and updateable) knowledge on psycho-profiling, galactic and local law statutes, investigative procedure and forensics, and non-lethal combat techniques. Most units are also licensed for use with various land vehicl

4. Sam

Sam Jedi Master star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    Sorry guys, I won't be able to post my part at the time I promised, but I will find time to post it this week, hopefully.
    sorry...

5. Jaden

Jun 22, 2001
    Where has everyone gone? Appears everyone up and disappeared.

6. Sam

Sam Jedi Master star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    I am perhaps to blame, cause it is my fault for not posting my part in time and it's probably this that's putting the others post on hold. Im deeply sorry and if you all feel to, you can blame me and get on with you story without me

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I think we're all stuck, but I don't think it has anything to do with Sam.

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well my problem is because I've gotten a new computer, and I don't quite feel comfy writing stories on it yet. The keyboard doesn't feel 'familiar' yet. :D

9. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Hey... just checking in. Sorry I haven't posted much in the story; lots of stuff came up (senior prom, graduation, college registration) so I've been away for a few weeks. I'll be reading through the story thread on the Fan Fiction board later (possibly tomorrow), and then editing the stuff I'd planned on sticking in, so that it fits the story as it exists now.

10. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, I put up a teeny chunk. I am going to have to brainstorm with Jane to figure out what to do once we get to Akamba, and I think 4D's character sounds very intriguing; can't wait to bump into him! (Her? It?) :)

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well I'm working on a post right now that will finish up Miwen and Darion's meeting.

Lordban, then do we want to have Derrek meet up with Miwen and bring her to meet that senator??

12. Jaden

Jun 22, 2001
    Well, there is life. Somewhat. Bringing this back up.

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, I'm waiting for 'ban to tell me what he thinks should bedone until I post.

14. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm still waiting for an opening.

Oh, and I look 'Deus Ex Mashina' up in my foreign phrases dictionary after I noticed that my favourite novel Watership Down has a chapter by the same name. All I can say is; clever!

15. Sam

Sam Jedi Master star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    Should you get a Beta to read your part before you post it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.