main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Devil's Night

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I can't argue the keeping me away from sharp objects, especially in a white dress. :D
    For Kit's I used polymer clay so the necklace was just squares that I pushed together a little for the shape,
    I strung them on elastic cord so it didn't actually undo, it just sliped over her head, do you think that would work with the sintra? The belt I laced ribbon through eyes I made on the sides then just tied it, the problem was, it wasn't strong enough and it broke (the belt, not the ribbon). Also the whole thing was on a much smaller scale, that's why I didn't want to use polymer clay for mine (Especially the belt). To fasten what about using some gross grain ribbon with a clip? I think I have some white with clip in a box somewhere. How bendable is the sintra? would it open up enough to slip it on and just clip it closed at the back if it went all the way around with a taper or do you think it should be open at the back, like 3/4 around with some kind of belt across the back?

2. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    See...that's the beauty of Sintra! You can heat it up and practically role the stuff into a ball if you wanted. And....it will certainly be a heck of a lot lighter than the polymer clay.

My opinion is that since we don't know how the belt really did up we've got options.

My cod piece is going to be all the way around me but I'm thinking that I'm going to make it two parts....front and back....that join perfectly when I'm standing up straight...but will separate with some elastic give when I bend or sit. Problem is that my sides won't really show because they are covered by a couple of other belts. However...a brillant idea just popped into my head and I think I have the problem solved. This is going to take some show and tell as opposed to typin' the description.

As for the necklace.....stretch won't need to be a factor. Perhaps a pretty ribbon that hangs down the back of the dress? Some of the same that will be in your hair?

3. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    What's your costume going to be, Terry?

Man, I wish I had time to get a costume going. :(

I guess I have time for next year.

4. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Hi guys...this sounds like alot of fun... I'm in. By the way... I'm new to this forum. TK-713 gave me this link... I'm TK-5021... sounds like a fun night! Love to meet all you people out there.

5. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Hey Redeyekho! Welcome to the group! You're more than welcome to come along for Halloween to meet the gang..if something doesn't happen sooner than that!

6. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Howdy redeyekho. Cool name :) Welcome to the boards

Oh, and tell Kevin we said hello (and he needs to check the boards more :p )

7. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    It's going to be the white Leia gown from the end of A New Hope.

How about we meet up sometime this weekend to compare notes? I have to pick up my fabric this weekend but I might be doing that during the day friday. I like the ribbon idea for the necklace, but I wasn't going to put them in the hair. The Barbie has them but the actual dress doesn't. Also the over fabric is way lighter on the doll. Opinions?

8. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Thanks guys and girl for the warm welcome.

9. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Welcome to the boards!!! :)

Indy

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
  11. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Ahem.....make that guys and girlS..... ;)

12. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Oops sorry ...guys and gals... how's that :)

13. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Much, MUCH better.....:p

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    So, you in for our halloween mischief, redeyekho?

15. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Speaking of our Hallowe'en mischief, have we confirmed exactly what we are doing yet? Since it doesn't look like Alex is going to participate this year, and he was our only underage member, our options have expanded...

Indy

16. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Oh for sure... I'm definitely in... just need to know the time and place :)

17. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Well.....I guess you're right about that Indy. Now, you still need to take the kidlets out.....so maybe our original plan is the best plan?? You can take the kidlets around the mall.....we all get to walk around and show off our costumes. Then....well I guess we can just skip Reds if we want to. I still am going to go to Suburbs at some point. So we can go to Reds for awhile and then whoever wants to join me can? Or do something else other than Reds and then Suburbs? I don't know. All I know is that is where I want to end up.

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I know one thing for sure:
    I want to go out!

If I don't get out soon I will lose my mind. I'll become some kinda drone who only goes to school! Don't let that happen to me! lol

Seriously though. Why not all of the above? We can walk around with John and his kids while they're trick or treating (shouldn't take too long, wait til they're 10 or 11 Indy you won't be able to keep up then) An hour or two of that then we can all head over to Red's. After that anyone who hasn't had enough can go to Suburbs. Where abouts is it Angela?

19. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Downtown on Jasper Ave in the old Paramount Building.

20. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Okay...I lied...it's in the other old movie theatre. Where the Paladium Billards club was....Paladium sign is still up as a matter of fact.

21. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, I saw it the other day...

Thanks for bumping this up. It reminded me to say: THANKS TERRY! the costume is awesome. I wore it for an hour when I got home on friday

22. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    <Sighs and shakes head> You're not supposed to admit to running around the house in it (not that we don't all do it when we get a new one, <cough-Shanna-cough>) :p
    You're very welcome, I'm glad you like it.

23. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Oh I am so sure I would never do that LOL.I was just making sure I had all of it .

banana :D

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I have no problem admitting I'm completely insane...

geez, I thought this was general knowledge in our fanforce

25. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    My nick is banana because I am :D

banana :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.