main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Devilworlds"?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Syntax, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    I was goofing around on the Dark Horse Comics website, and trudged through their Star Wars section, in checking out their "timeline", I came across this page, which lists some old Star Wars comic series named "Devilworlds" as "Infinities". A few questions about this:

1. Um.. didn't this comic pre-date the concept of "infinities"?
    2. If "yes" to #1, was it "retconned" into Infinities or something?
    3. If yes to #2, why was it retconned? How did it conflict with the continuity? And how come it wasn't retconned before "Infinities"? And how did fans/LFL deal with it prior to "Infinities"?
    4. What is it about, anyway? Is it any good?

2. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    "1. Um.. didn't this comic pre-date the concept of "infinities"?"

Yes, but not before the concept of apocryphal existed.

"2. If "yes" to #1, was it "retconned" into Infinities or something?"
    Not technically, it had always been anomalous and apocryphal.

"3. If yes to #2, why was it retconned? How did it conflict with the continuity? And how come it wasn't retconned before "Infinities"? And how did fans/LFL deal with it prior to "Infinities"?"

Alternate story of how the millennium falcon was found, in which it was a one of a kind prototype for a new kind of warship for a new line of ships called Millennium Falcons. Han ended up stealing the prototype from the empire. Other stories included strange time travel events, and weird trek like tech, and inconsistencies with what is known about star wars universe in other sources.

"4. What is it about, anyway? Is it any good?"

Can't really say as I have never gotten a chance to read it.

3. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Hm, alright. That clears up a lot of stuff for me. Thank you.

4. ChicagoCubs

ChicagoCubs Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    I have DH Devilworlds #2. There are about three short stories in it. They are pretty good, but odd. I pretty sure there is almost no way to fit them into continuity.

5. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    A lot of them are really well written. They're early Alan Moore stuff. Very cool. They should find a way to get Alan Moore to do new Star Wars stories...maybe for Tales.

6. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    As far as I remember reading, many of those stories that were first printed in the UK, but not in the US, were actually stories rejected for the US ongoing series. Since in the UK the comic book was weekly, they needed to print something when there was nothing available from the US. Thus they had to come up with a new story or use one of the rejected ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.