main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Devotion(post RS)- Jaina/Jag; Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    The office set up to serve as the pilots' lounge for Rogue, Blackmoon and Twin Suns Squadrons was crowded with pilots celebrating their success-and survival-at Borleias. While most of the people around him were enjoying pre-invasion brandy, Kyp Durron was content sitting in a corner, enjoying the company of his friends.

Jag Fel sat to his left, leaning back in his seat with his feet propped up on the edge of the caf table. The Imperial pilot looked more relaxed than Kyp had ever seen him. Not that that's saying much, Kyp thought with a smirk. Jag was far from being as relaxed as most of the pilots gathered, but he had definitely come a long way from the young Colonel Kyp had met at Ithor.

The change in Jag, like the change in Kyp himself, he accredited to Jaina Solo, who was sitting beside Jag, engaged in a lively conversation with Tahiri Veila, who completed the circle around the table. Tahiri and Jaina were both smiling, which stirred something in Kyp that he couldn't quite identify. Anakin Solo's untimely death had devastated everyone, but no one had taken it as hard as his sister and his girlfriend. Months later, both girls were beginning to heal.

Kyp cared about Tahiri, and not just because she was a fellow Jedi. He liked the kid, and admired her for the way she handled herself against Lord Nyax on Curscant. Luke Skywalker had told them the story when they had returned to Borleias, and Kyp was still amazed at how much Tahiri had grown in so short a period of time. She was technically still a Jedi apprentice, but in Luke's mind, and now in Kyp's, she was already a full fledged Jedi. Kyp only hoped that with the love and support of her friends, she might one day be able to put Anakin's death behind her.

Jaina, however, seemed to have found her balance again. Although she still mourned Anakin, and Jacen, too, Kyp sensed a peace in her that had been missing for a long time. It made him feel warm inside to see her smiling, to see her happy.

He wasn't Jaina's boyfriend, that was Jag's job, and he wasn't her Master, that would always be Mara, but he was her partner. Kyp wasn't entirely sure what that meant yet, and he doubted Jaina did either, but it felt right. There was a bond between them that was incredibly strong and deep, and Kyp knew Jaina was right-their partnership was until one or the other of them was killed. He only hoped that they could avoid that. He rather liked living, and he suspected Jaina did, too.

And while he wasn't sure what exactly he and Jaina were to each other, Kyp knew that he had not cared for anyone the way he did Jaina since his brother's death, and Jaina's love filled the void in his heart. For the first time in what seemed like years, maybe it was years, Kyp felt like he had a family again.

"Come in Rogue Jedi..."

Kyp blinked and looked up to see Jaina peering at him curiously, her brow knitted in concern. He smiled at her, giving her an apologetic brush with the Force to let her know he was okay. "Sorry, guess I zoned out again."

Jaina rolled her eyes. "Males," she said, sharing an exasperated look with Tahiri. The younger girl chuckled softly, the first time Kyp had heard her laugh in months.

"I'm sure we could think of a few vices you females have," Jag retorted, the corner of his mouth twitching in amusement.

Jaina feigned innocence. "Who? Us?" She batted her eyelashes at him. "Whatever gave you that idea?"

Kyp snorted, and had to look away to keep from laughing. When he turned back, Jaina glared at him, and he did laugh. "Sorry," he said. "Only I seem to recall hearing you use that 'Who, us?'line on your father a few times."

"A testament to how old you are," Jaina shot back with a wicked smirk.

Tahiri covered her mouth with her hand, and Kyp heard muffled laughter filter through her fingers. Before he could make a reply, however, he noticed a familiar figure making his way towards them. "General Antilles," he said with a salute.

Wedge nodded at him distractedly. "Hello, Durron." He glanced at Jaina with a decidedly more

2. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Very cool beginning. Some funny lines. And I sense trouble to come, yes. More soon?

3. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    I am finishing up the next chapter now :)

4. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Jaina sighed wearily as she entered the code to her room. After a long and exhausting duel with Kyp, and some sparring with Tahiri, she was tired and ready for a nice, long shower and a couple hours of sleep.

The door slid open and she stepped into the room-only to come to a dead halt just inside the doorway. Although the room was dark, she could feel his presence, and the clouded emotions surrounding him.

"Jag?" she asked, using the Force to turn on the lights.

He was sitting on her bed, his back to her, staring at a holo of her and her brothers, taken just after they escaped Thrackran Sal-Solo. For a moment Jaina's thoughts slid dangerously close to a memory of rocking her little brother in her arms, telling him it would be okay, that she would protect him always. Steering herself away from the bitter reminder that she had failed to protect Anakin in the end, Jaina took a step closer to Jag, but he didn't seem to know she was there.

Frowning, she reached out with the Force to gently probe his presence, and was slammed by a wall of tortured grief and guilt. She staggered back and reached out a hand to brace herself on the wall.

"Jag?" she repeated, her voice breaking.

He looked up at her, his pale green eyes distant and full of pain. "Jaina," he rasped so softly she barely heard him.

"What is it?" she asked, moving to sit beside him on the bed. "What's wrong?"

Jag looked down at his lap and was silent for a long moment, and Jaina sensed he was trying to gather himself together enough to speak. "Shawnkyr is dead," he finally said in a quiet, choked voice. "She was shot down at Borleias."

For a moment Jaina was stunned. The Chiss female was too good of a pilot to have been shot down. You know that's not true, Jaina scolded herself. Even the best have been shot down during this war.

As she shook aside her own disbelief, Jag's sorrow rolled over her in waves, and she felt tears sting her eyes. "Jag," she breathed. "I'm sorry." She slid her arms around his waist, pressing her cheek to his chest. "I'm so sorry."

She felt Jag's arms rise to embrace her tightly, and his chin come to rest atop of her head. They held the embrace for a long moment, Jag's shoulders shaking with silent tears, and Jaina held him closer. After a few moments his shaking stopped, but the turmoil in Jag's soul only grew, and Jaina got the impression that there was more to Jag's sorrow than just Shawnkyr's death. She pulled away and met Jag's gaze searchingly.

"What is it?" she asked softly, not sure she wanted to know. There was so much pain in his eyes, so much guilt and uncertainty, that she knew something bad was about to happen.

Jag reached a hand to touch her cheek and she felt his fingers trembling. He brushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear and brought his hand to rest along the curve of her jawline. "I made Shawnkyr a promise on Borleias. I gave her my word."

He looked at her expectantly, and she nodded that she understood what that meant. "What did you promise her?" Jaina asked, her voice quaking.

Jag's expression twisted into one of turmoil. Jaina's hands began to shake and she suddenly found it hard to breathe. "I promised her that I would fulfill her duty."

Jaina swallowed hard, her heart pounding against her chest furiously. "What-" she began, but he voice broke. "What does that mean?"

"That means-" Jag swallowed, taking a deep breath and Jaina knew, even before he told her. "It means I have to return home."

5. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    For a long moment, Jaina didn't say anything. She closed her eyes and used a Jedi calming technique to soothe the panic threatening to overtake her. She was aware of Jag leaning close to her, could feel his concern, but she could not focus on him. Not yet. Not until she could open her eyes without crying.

He promised he wouldn't leave, she thought, her breath catching in her throat. Part of her wanted to be angry at him for breaking his promise, but she knew it was irrational to think like that. He didn't want to leave, she knew that for certain, but he had given Shawnkyr his word, and if there was one thing Jaina knew about Jag it was that he always stuck to his word.

"I'm sorry," Jag said softly, startling Jaina out of her meditation. She opened her eyes to see his face inches from hers. His pale green eyes bore into hers. "I don't want to go. I want to stay here, with you."

Jaina felt like demanding that he did, then, but she resisted the urge and nodded, unable to find her voice.

Jag touched her cheek tenderly. "I want nothing more than to stay with you, but I have to go. I gave her my word, and I owe it to her to return home and give my father a report. I've been putting it off because I didn't want to leave you."

"I know," Jaina said softly, her voice seeming small and weak even to her own ears. "And I know you have to go. I won't ask you to stay, even though I want to."

Jag gave her hand a grateful squeeze. "Thank you. I don't know that I could go if you did."

They sat in silence for a long moment, each wrapped up in the bleak situation before them. Neither wanted to part, but both knew they had to. It was logical, and, to honor Shawnkyr's memory, it was necessary. And if Jag could persuade the Chiss to send military support, it would be a great addition to the resistance movement. Both Jaina and Jag knew that he had to go, for many reasons, but that did little to ease the turmoil in either of their hearts.

"I'll be back," Jag promised, meeting her gaze. "I promise you. I won't stay away a moment longer than I have to."

"What if your father forbids you to come back?" Jaina asked hoarsely.

Jag's eyes bore into hers with an intensity that should have made her shiver, except she was already shaking. "Nothing will keep me from coming back to you. I swear it." His thumb brushed across her cheekbone and only then did Jaina realize she was crying. Jag's face contorted in pain and he leaned closer, kissing her cheek. "Please don't cry."

"I can't help it," Jaina said truthfully. "You're going away and I don't know if I'll ever see you again." Or if we'll both be killed before you can come back, she added to herself, unwilling to voice the horrible truth. The thought of not being together if-or when, more likely-one or both of them was killed was agony.

She hadn't believed that Jag's eyes could look anymore tortured until that moment. "You will," he said softly. "No one can stop me from seeing you again, not even the Yuuzhan Vong. I'll only be gone for a while, you won't even notice I'm gone." Although they both knew that wasn't true, neither chose to argue the point. "And we'll both survive these next few weeks and then we can be together again."

So the thought of not being there when she was in danger, or killed, was as terrible for him as it was for her. "What if we have to leave Mon Calamari?" she asked, steering away from the morbid image of Jag's clawcraft being shot down. "What if we have to leave before you get back?"

"Then I'll find you," Jag promised, stroking her cheek. "No matter what, I'll find you."

Jaina swallowed back tears, and reached a trembling hand to caress his cheek. "I know you will," she said quietly, trying to sound more certain, though she felt anything but. "When do you have to leave?"

Jag sighed, and Jaina felt his longing through their Force bond. "Tomorrow. My uncle gave me clearance to leave at sunrise."

Jaina nodded, wishing they could have more time than the few hours until his departure time. She was getting simil

6. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    *sniff* I knew it! They're gonna be OK. They'll be back together and everything's will be OK. Right? Right? Actually, it wouldn't be bad if they weren't - just don't kill one of them, please. Anyway, great post. More soon?

7. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Awww, that was beautiful!!! *sniff* The mush was great! When can we have more?

8. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    There will definately be another post up sometime this evening, maybe two if I can finish the second one :)

9. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Excellent story, Solo :D I'll be waiting for the next part(s)

10. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Jag Fel finished packing his flight bag and took one last glance around his room to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything. He knew that his room would probably be reassigned, at least for the duration of his absence, and he didn't want to leave anything behind.

Anything else, that is, he reminded himself with a bitter sigh. He wished he had not made that promise to Shawnkyr, or better yet, that she had not died at Borleias. He hated leaving Jaina, especially now, when things were so uncertain and she could be captured or killed at any moment. And he would be light-years away, helpless to do anything for her.

Jag Fel hated feeling helpless.

Shaking his head clear of those thoughts, he swung his bag over his shoulder, casting a glance out his transparisteel window. The skyline was dark, but the small pinpoint of light on the horizon was beginning to grow brighter and larger. He needed to get going, the sun would be up before long, and with it the inhabitants of the base. Particularly one inhabitant that he could not bear to say goodbye to.

He walked out of his room and down the corridor, and found himself stopped outside of Jaina's door. Although he did not want to say goodbye to her, he desperately wanted to see her before he left. She's still asleep, a voice in his head argued. Just peek in and look at her before you go.

Before he could change his mind, Jag entered the access code and stepped into her room. It was dark, but he could make out her sleeping form under the bedsheet, exactly where he had left her a few hours ago when he'd discreetly slipped out to pack his belongings. Moving with quiet steps, Jag made his way to the bed and knelt down so her could see Jaina's face.

She looked so peaceful that Jag couldn't help but smile. There was an innocence about her in sleep that was misleading. She didn't look like a skilled pilot or a powerful Jedi Knight, she looked like an angel, and it made Jag's heart swell. He reached out a hand to brush a loose strand of hair from her face, tucking it under the mass of disheveled hair on her pillow, and letting his hand rest on her cheek.

"I'll be back," he whispered. "I promise." He leaned in carefully and placed a gentle kiss on her cheekbone. She stirred, her nose crinkling as she shifted towards him, but did not wake up. Jag smiled to himself, stroking her cheek one last time, then stood and opened his duffel bag.

He pulled out the holomessage he had recorded for her in his room and placed it on the stand beside her bed. He had recorded it so that he could leave a piece of himself behind, with her, and he hoped it would bring her some comfort while he was gone.

He turned and strode back across the room, stopping at the door. He glanced back over his shoulder at Jaina, his heart catching in his throat. "I'll be back," he repeated, more to himself than to her. He opened the door and whispered, "I love you."

Then he stepped out into the hallway, the door sliding shut behind him, and he leaned against the wall. He took a few deep breaths to gather his composure. You have to go, he ordered himself. You promised Shawnkyr. You gave her your word.

Another part of him was raging, telling him to forget his promise. No one would ever know, it said. You could just stay here, with Jaina. You could look after her and protect her and hold her and no one would ever know.

"But I would know," he muttered to himself, shaking his head.

"Having conversations with yourself?" a familiar voice asked.

Jag looked up to see his uncle standing at the end of the corridor. "Uncle," he said, straightening quickly.

Wedge smiled. "Your powers of observation are astounding, Jag."

Jag couldn't help the small smile that crossed his lips. "Thank you, sir."

"Are you ready to leave?" Wedge asked, his smile fading.

Jag nodded. "Yes, sir." He gestured at his bag. "I was about to head to the hangar."

"I'll walk with you," Wedge offered, heading for the turbolift. Jag followed, easily matching his uncle's pace. They con

11. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Well, there's part four. What did you guys think?

Kathryn:Don't worry, I could never kill Jag or Jaina :) And he'll be back... eventually.
    DSnuggles:Thanks :) I'm really glad you liked it.
    Jade:Thank you very much :D

I am working on the next post now, so it will either be up tonight or tommorrow :)

12. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    ahhh :D Another excellent post :D More soon?

13. DarthSnuggles1121

Apr 28, 2002
    Awww, that was great! But how will she know he loves her?! She'll find out, right? Right?!

Anyhoo, wonderful post! :D

14. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Luke Skywalker reached out with the Force and focused on the energy field shimmering before him. With a hard mental shove, he pushed past it and into Jaina Solo's room.

His niece sat in the transparisteel alcove, her knees hugged to her chest, gazing out at the horizon. She was wearing a pair of black fighting pants and a large white shirt that had once been Anakin's, with her hair pulled back in a thick but simple braid that hung down her back. Though he could not see her face, Luke could imagine the pained expression there.

"You weren't supposed to be able to do it," Jaina said accusingly, not turning around.

Luke smiled slightly. "Did you think I would teach you kids how to do it if I couldn't undo it? You would have used it all the time to escape punishment."

Jaina didn't reply, so Luke moved to stand beside her. He studied her profile in silence, noting with a pang of sorrow the similarity her features held to both Anakin and Jacen's. He turned his head and followed her gaze to the Calamari horizon, patiently waiting for her to speak. His patience paid of a few minutes later.

"He left," Jaina said quietly.

Two words, with a thousand more carrying over through their Force bond. "I know," Luke said softly. "I'm sorry."

Jaina nodded, accepting his sympathy. "So am I." She looked at him curiously, and Luke felt her gently probing him for his intentions. He drew back the shroud he wore around his presence and watched her face carefully. She sighed and looked down at her feet. "I suppose this talk has been coming for a while, hasn't it?"

"It has," Luke agreed, sitting beside her on the window sill.

Jaina nodded to herself, then met his gaze. "I failed you, Master. I let my anger and my pain lead me astray and lost myself in the dark side's grip."

Luke was pleased that she did not try to run from the conversation. That she had initiated it only proved how much she had grown over the past few months. "You are not the only one who has walked that path."

"I know," Jaina replied. "I know Master Solusar and Master Durron have, as well. And I know that you, too, fell into to dark side's clutches for a time."

"I sense a 'but' coming," Luke said evenly.

Jaina bit her lip. "I am the granddaughter of Darth Vader."

"You are the granddaughter of Anakin Skywalker," Luke corrected firmly.

"I can see his shadow, Uncle Luke. It's all around me. In my dreams I see him, as he was before he became a Sith Lord. I see him when he was my age. I can't see his face really, but I know it's him. There's so much pain in his heart, so much grief and anger and hatred for his enemies." Jaina shook her head gently. "I see so much of myself in him." Quietly, she added, "I see what I could become."

Luke was silent for a moment. Until Anakin's death, he had always assumed if any of the Solo children were to fall prey to the dark side, it would be impulsive, brash Anakin. Lately, though, Luke had come to realize that it was not the grandchild who had inherited Anakin Skywalker's name, but his temper, who was perhaps the most like the man who had become Darth Vader.

"You have put the dark side behind you, Jaina," Luke said. "I can see that when I look at you through the Force. You won't fall again."

Jaina nodded. "I think you're right," she agreed. "However, 'the future is always in motion', is it not?"

Luke managed a small smile. "Touche."

"Zekk was right," Jaina said softly. "About a lot of things, but one thing in particular. When he kept us from entering the temple on Yavin Four after the defeat of the Shadow Academy, he told me that the dark side was like a scar. That you could cover it up all you wanted, but it never really went away. He was right."

"No," Luke agreed. "It doesn't go away." Jaina looked at him in surprise, and Luke realized that she had been expecting him to disagree. He suddenly regretted that he had never openly discussed his own fall to the dark side with her, or with her brothers. "I still have scars from my own experience with the dark side, so does your Aunt Mara. Th

15. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, Solo :D

16. DarthSnuggles1121

Apr 28, 2002
    :eek: :( :_|

Oh, wow!! That was incredible, Solo! It was so emotional, really tearing at your heartstrings. You're a great writer, keep it up!

17. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    I'm so surprised that more people aren't reading this story! It's so good! Keep up the great work, I look foward to reading the next post! :D

18. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Jag waited patiently outside of his father's office. He had arrived only moments ago, and his father was still in a meeting with one of the representatives of the house of Nuroudo. Jag was slightly uneasy about facing Shawnkyr's family with the news that she had died while off "playing hero" with him, as he was quite sure they would see it.

He was thankful that his uncle had taken the liberty to inform his father about Shawnkyr's death and his return, Jag wasn't sure he could have broken the news right then.

As sad as he was to have lost Shawnkyr, who had been with him for as long as he could remember, he knew that there were always casualties in war. Especially this war. The fact that he had been the reason she was at Borleias at all did not escape him, and though he felt guilty for that, he knew that Shawnkyr would not have wanted him to.

She wouldn't have wanted to be dead, either, he thought bitterly. His memory served up the last conversation he'd had with her, and her words had echoed in his mind the entire trip home. I think that the idea of not being here when Jaina Solo is endangered, or killed, is what is keeping you here. But your duty is to our people, and only our people.

She had been half right. Jaina was the reason he stayed. Or the main reason, anyway. Jag wanted to be fighting with the resistance, he wanted to be flying in Twin Suns Squadron, he wanted to be among the brave men and women who were risking everything to save others, like his uncle General Antilles. Jag had practiced all his reasons why he needed to return right away, that the Vong had to be stopped, and that the harder they were fought in Republic space, the weaker their forces would be by the time they reached the Unknown Regions, but the most important reason of all was one he could not argue with his father.

I have a duty to Jaina, as well as to my people, Jag thought wearily. And if I have to choose between them... He shook his head, banishing such thoughts. He didn't have to choose between them, at least not yet, so why worry about it until he had to?

The door to his father's office slid open and out stepped a tall, menacing looking Chiss male whom Jag recognized as one of Shawnkyr's uncles. The Chiss gave Jag an icy glare, then strode past him without a word. Jag watched him go, then turned to see his father standing in the doorway, his eyes narrowed appraisingly.

"General," Jag said, executing a deep bow.

The Baron nodded. "Colonel Fel." He stepped aside and gestured to his office. "Please, come in. Have a seat."

As Jag sat down, he glanced around the office to see if anything had changed since he had been there last, just before he had departed for Hapes. It looked exactly as he remembered, even down to the howling winds whipping at the transparisteel.

"I trust you had a safe journey home?" his father asked.

"Yes, sir," Jag replied. "It was uneventful in any case."

"Good," Soontir said. "I'm glad to hear that." He glanced down at something on his desk, then looked back up at Jag. "I'm sorry to hear about Shawnkyr. She was an excellent pilot."

"Yes," Jag agreed. "She was." And a good friend, he added silently.

"Now," Soontir's face seemed to harden a little. "Your scouting mission has taken longer than expected, Colonel."

"Yes, sir, it has."

"Care to tell me why?"

"Our assistance was needed elsewhere," Jag answered truthfully.

"Elsewhere being under the command of General Antilles?" Soontir asked coolly.

Jag nodded curtly. "Yes, sir. Although, if I may make a correction, sir, I was not flying under the command of General Antilles."

"Yes, so I've heard," Soontir replied. "Tell me about this Twin Suns Squadron of yours, and why you felt it was appropriate to forget your duties to be a part of it."

Jag kept his eyes focused just above Soontir's head. "Twin Suns is an elite squadron focused on psychological warfare and Force-enhanced techniques."

"So you're telling me you're Force sensitive now?" Soontir asked evenly, but Jag did not i

19. DarthSnuggles1121

Apr 28, 2002
    Wonderful as always! :D More soon, I hope?

20. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Two great posts! What Snuggles said.

21. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Kyp Durron was exhausted.

Climbing down from his X-wing, he glanced over at Zekk to see if the younger Jedi was as tired from their training run. If possible, Zekk looked worse than Kyp felt.I guess we both need some rest, Kyp thought with a groan. Unlike Jaina.

Jaina jumped down from her X-wing looking vibrant and ready for anything. To the casual observer she looked happy and content, but Kyp was no casual observer. He was a Jedi Master, and Jaina just happened to be his closest friend. Through their Force bond, he could sense that she was still terribly sad over the loss of her brothers, and that she missed Jag fiercely, but she seemed to have settled something within herself.

Maybe that talk she had with Luke helped, Kyp mused as he rubbed his sore shoulder. She's been a lot more easygoing these past few weeks.

"Nice flying, mortals," Jaina called with a smirk.

Kyp grinned. "Thank you, Exalted One." He executed a dramatic bow. "Your Greatness honors us with her praise."

Zekk rolled his eyes, and Kyp shot him a glare. He had doubts about Jaina's decision to recruit Zekk as Jag's replacement pilot. The kid wasn't a spectacular pilot, but being strong in the Force allowed him to link up to Jaina and Kyp's Force bond, and Kyp had admit he was doing a pretty good job. However, Zekk seemed to have to struggle to address Jaina as a Goddess, and, though Jaina didn't mind, it was making Sharr and Piggy annoyed.

Oh well, Kyp sighed. He's Jaina's friend and I guess having him here helps ease the pain over Jag's absence. At the same time Kyp was uneasy with Zekk's feelings for Jaina so directly open through the Force. It was a little distracting, and Kyp didn't imagine it would sit well with Jag, but Jaina didn't seem to notice. Or if she did, she valued Zekk's friendship too much to risk loosing it by hurting him.

"Why don't all you mortals go get some rest, hmm?" Jaina suggested. Not waiting for a reply, she strolled over to Kyp's side. "I'm going to go find Tahiri and see if she wants to take a dip in one of the steam tubs. If you need me-" she grinned. "Well, you're a Jedi Master, I'm sure you can find me."

Kyp winked at her. "Have fun."

She nodded in reply, then turned and walked off with a graceful stride. Excellent godly exit, Jaina, Kyp called through he Force, and though she didn't stop or turn around, he could got the distinct impression that she stuck out her tongue at him.

Kyp laughed to himself, then headed into the base in search of Corran Horn. The two had decided to do some sparring after Rogue Squadron finished up with their sims, and Kyp was looking forward to a good workout-which was guaranteed when Corran Horn was around.

Although Kyp and Corran had never really gotten along very well, particularly during the early stages of the Yuuzhan Vong war, Kyp respected him and admitted, to himself at least, that there was a lot he could learn from him.

A wry smile lit Kyp's face as he imagined Corran's expression if he ever told him that.

Now, he told himself. To find Colonel Horn.

He reached out with the Force and searched for Corran's familiar presence. He wasn't hard to find, he was in the pilots' lounge, where Kyp should have known he would be. He gave Corran a tentative mental shrug, asking if he was ready to spar, and received an affirmative nudge in reply. With a small smile, Kyp strolled down the corridor towards the pilots' lounge.

He was disconnecting himself from the Force when it happened.

It hit him like a concussion grenade, slamming into him so hard he stumbled back into the wall. Pain, terrible and fierce pain screamed at him through the Force, and a white light flashed behind his eyes. He saw a young man with scruffy dark hair dressed in a tattered jumpsuit, a purple blade ticking back and forth in his hands.

Jacen!

And just as suddenly as it had come, Jacen's presence was gone again. Shaking, Kyp reached out with the Force, searching for him, but there was only cold dark

22. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post once again! More soon? :)

23. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    ooh, excellent. Don't leave us hanging for too long!

24. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    I wonder why Jaina's acting so strange.....perhaps..........I guess we'll see.......

Great post! :)

25. DarthSnuggles1121

Apr 28, 2002
    Really cool, I'm lovin' this! :D

Jedi-Jade, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, then it seems to be the start of a trend in Jaina fics.

And if not, then just consider me a blabbering idiot. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.