main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Devotion(post RS)- Jaina/Jag; Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    This is really good. Your characterizations are almost dead on. Keep it up! :D

2. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Jag Fel had never realized how different his family was from most.

Sitting in his chair at the dinner table, listening to the polite conversation about his brother Wik's recent promotion to lieutenant, he wondered what Jaina would make of his family.

Don't go there, a voice in his head warned. Once you start thinking about her, you'll never get your mind off of her.

"Don't you agree, Jag?"

Jag blinked, startled out of his thoughts. "What?"

His younger sister Zena was looking at him expectantly. "I said, we should be out fighting beside the Republic, don't you agree?"

"Yes," Jag nodded. "Of course. The harder we fight them in Republic space, the weaker they will be when we have to fight them here."

"The Republic forces aren't even hurting the Yuuzhan Vong," Wik scoffed.

Jag shot him a glare. "Actually, that's not true. General Antilles has executed some brilliant tactics that have severely hurt the Vong."

Syal smiled. "That's my brother. Always causing trouble for his enemies."

Soontir grunted. "Yes, I do remember that about him," he said darkly.

Syal laughed, and Jag couldn't help but smile to himself. His family may have been different from most, but they were still a family.

"Besides," Soontir said. "Jagged was telling me about some psychological warfare tactics the Republic is using against the Vong."

Jag groaned to himself. So much for keeping my thoughts off of Jaina. Not that he minded, of course. Jaina was nice to think about. It was the distance between them that wasn't.

"Psychological warfare?" Zena asked, eagerly leaning forward.

Jag nodded. "The Yuuzhan Vong believe that Jaina Solo is associated with their Goddess Yun-Harla. We have been playing on it quite a bit."

More like every hour of every day, he thought with a mental sigh. It would be nice if he and Jaina could spend some time alone without having to make sure no one was around to witness it.

"How so?" Syal asked curiously.

"Jaina is a Jedi and very strong in the Force," Jag answered. "She is also a brilliant tactician. She and Master Kyp Durron have been integrating the Force into our tactics, since the Yuuzhan Vong can not detect the Force."

Wik frowned. "I thought the Force didn't work against the Yuuzhan Vong."

"It doesn't," Jag replied. "However, it does work on torpedoes." Seeing the confused looks on his family's faces, he explained. "The Vong can detect an incoming torp from it's ion trail. Jaina and Kyp can launch torps with the Force and guide them across space to their targets mentally. we call them shadow bombs."

Even his father looked impressed. "That's an interesting method," Soontir admitted.

Jag nodded. "It's just one of many that Jaina has devised. She and Kyp seem to enjoy thinking up new ways to harass the enemy, and the Vong can't figure out how she does the things she does."

"Which leads them to wonder if she really might be their Goddess," Zena concluded with a grin. "That's stellar!"

Jag smiled slightly. "It works."

"What about this Goddess business?" Syal asked. "I assume that Jaina has to keep the charade up constantly?"

"Yes," Jag said. "Even Master Skywalker is calling her Exalted One."

Soontir's eyebrows went up. "Luke is calling his own niece Exalted One?'

Jag nodded. "He's not the only one. Everyone has to treat her like she really is a goddess constantly, just in case any Vong spies are around."

"So they've got you bowing to this girl's every whim?" Wik smirked.

Jag glared at him. "I wouldn't say that. Jaina is taking it very lightly." she's taking me very seriously he added to himself.

Wik opened his mouth to say something when his father's commlink beeped. Soontir turned it on and said, "Yes, Nykan?"

"Excuse me for interrupting your dinner, sir," Nykan said. "But there is a call coming through for Colonel Fel. From a Kyp Durron."

Instantly Jag's blood went cold. He could only think of one reason for Kyp to call, and it was not a reason Jag was capable of handling, much less in front of hi

3. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Really great post, Solo! Wish I had a family like Jag's.... ;)

And I loved that last line! :D When can we expect more?

4. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Snuggles, Jedi-Jade, Kathryn, Jade243 and Jedi_Johnson: Thank you all so much! I'm really glad you are all enjoying the story so far :) I should have the next post up sometime this evening, so keep watching :)

5. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Excellent post once again. Jag to the rescue *sigh* I'll definately be back for more.

6. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    wow! just started reading, and it's fantastic! i can't wait for more! :D

7. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Excellent post Solo! Keep 'em coming :D

8. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Shouts echoed through the crumbling hallways. Angry, harsh voices yelled in the Yuuzhan Vong tongue.

Jeedai.

There were Jeedai in the battered palace, moving swiftly and dispensing anyone who got in their way. They were dangerous, and they had already killed a dozen warriors as they made their way through the palace. They were females, two of them, and Tsavong Lah wanted one of them alive.

She knew who it was that the guards were looking for. They wanted the Pretender, the one who dared to call herself Yun-Harla, who defied the Yuuzhan Vong gods and bore the title Trickster with a sneer.

She was here, and she had come for her brother.

She broke into a run, heading immediately for the detention block. Time was running out, and if she didn't act fast...

There was an explosion ahead, from the location she was headed for. The shock sent her into the wall and she nearly fell, but caught herself and pushed on. There was smoke billowing into the corridor, and she smelled something burning.

She stumbled around the corner just in time to see the Jeedai reach their destination.

The Pretender was there, slicing her violet blade through the iron door between her and her twin, a determined scowl on her face. The One Who Was Shaped was beside her, swinging her blue blade back and forth, fending off thud bugs being thrown at them and yelling curses at the Yuuzhan Vong in their native tongue.

They didn't see the warrior dropping from the ceiling until it was too late. The One Who Was Shaped whirled to attack, but it was too late. An amphistaff shot through her throat and she fell back, gasping blood.

The Pretender screamed her name, dark fury in her eyes. She sliced the door open and threw herself at her friend's murderer, driving her blade across his head with a sickening screech. His head rolled off his shoulders, and she kicked his body out of her way before engaging the other warriors behind him.

The door crashed outward into the hallway and the male twin emerged, looking tattered and bloody, but determined. He screamed his sister's name and called the blue blade the fallen Jeedai had dropped into his hands, then joined his twin in battle.

Out of the shadows stepped Nom Anor, hurling a razor bug at the female's back. She whirled, batting it aside with her blade, and scowled at him. She extended her hand and the ceiling began to cave in on top of him.

With a satisfied smile the Pretender returned her attention to the battle around her.

Except that now they were surrounded, and Tsavong Lah was making his way down the corridor. There were two voxyn straining to get loose from a guard in the next hallway, and Tsavong Lah had a nerve gas vial in his hand.

Realizing that he was going to render them unconscious and take them captive, the Pretender looked at her twin, speaking to him through an unspoken bond, and looked over her shoulder at the transparisteel.

Following her thoughts, her brother nodded and took her hand in his. They extended their hands and the entire building began to shake as the walls and ceiling began to crumble. The air itself began to grow hot and flames erupted from the floor, reaching hungrily for the Yuuzhan Vong warriors.

The Pretender squeezed her brother's hand, and they launched themselves out of the transparisteel and began to plummet towards the ground below

Vergere awoke with a start, her vision fading away as she blinked at her surroundings. She was in the small quarters the Yuuzhan Vong had given her, deep in meditation. She took a deep breath, and concentrated on the images she had just seen.

As her vision, and the meaning behind it, became clear to her, she pushed to her feet and hurried out of the room towards the detention block. She walked right past the guards, who knew she was allowed into the prisoner's cell, and flung open the door.

The tattered young man looked up at her from beneath dark eyebrows, and for a moment she stopped, remembering a young Jedi with similar features whom she had known a lifetime ago.

Jacen Sol

9. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Oooh, excellent action. I wish I could write action and mush like you do..

10. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Kathryn: ~blushes and beams a BIG smile~ Thank you SO much. I really appreciate it. By the way, I read the end of Reflections and I gotta say... I LOVED it :D

11. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Thank you very much. Still not as good as yours though. So there. (hehe)

12. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    ooo :D Another great post!

13. Hann315

Hann315 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    i cannot believe i JUST found this, but I LOVE THHIS STORY!!!!!!!!!

~Luv Hann

14. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Hann: Welcome!!! Glad to have you along. Spread the word :D

Kathryn: I started reading the sequel already- LOVE it :)

I am finishing up the next chapter now so it will definately be up early tommorrow. I have an idea for the chapter after that, so expect two posts tommorrow- maybe even three if I'm on a roll :)

15. DarthSnuggles1121

Apr 28, 2002
    Yay! Jacen! :D Great action, and great post! Can't wait for more!

16. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Aunt Mara is going to kill me.

Jaina Solo sighed, shaking her head. There was no point in worrying about that now. What was done was done, and she would just have to deal with Mara when she got back.

She checked the consoles again to make sure they were still on course through hyperspace, nodded with content when she saw that they were nearing Curscant, then pushed out of her seat and into the back of the ship where Tahiri was practicing against a remote. Jaina leaned against the wall, watching her friend deftly reflect bolts across her indigo blade.

Tahiri was a puzzle, one that Jaina hated to think about at times. She loved Tahiri as if she was a sister, and she very well may have become one by marriage one day, and that was precisely the problem. Tahiri had been Anakin's girlfriend, the love between them carrying through the Force, and the pain over loosing him surrounded her like a heavy cloak. Jaina's own anguish over her little brother's death burned so fiercely in her veins that she woke up sweating at night, but Jag Fel helped ease some of that pain.

Tahiri's anguish could not be soothed, though, because the only person she truly loved was dead.

It broke Jaina's heart to look at her, and to wonder what might have been if Anakin had lived.

Tahiri might not have been alive at all if it wasn't for Anakin. When the Vong had attacked Yavin Four, Anakin had run off to rescue her and the other students by himself. Jaina had been terrified for her brother while he was gone, and angry when her uncle refused to let her go after him, but Anakin had proven himself on Yavin Four, when he had saved Tahiri from a fate worse than death.

The Vong had been trying to shape Tahiri into one of them, had brainwashed her into thinking that the Jedi had kidnapped her and were her enemy. Jaina shuddered to think how many Jedi Tahiri could have killed had Anakin not intervened and placed his life in her hands to bring her back to her own mind. Jaina always wondered how he had managed it.

Another monumental victory for my little brother, Jaina thought to herself. He always was the hero. She turned to look through Mara's weapons locker so Tahiri wouldn't see the tears welling up in her eyes. She knew Tahiri was devastated without Anakin, and she didn't need Jaina reminding her of her loss.

"It's okay for you to cry in front of me, you know," Tahiri said, switching off the remote and clipping her lightsaber back at her belt.

Jaina looked at her in surprise.

"I know when people are trying to keep me from seeing them cry by now," Tahiri shrugged. "And it's nice that you care and all, but it's not necessary. I'm not going to loose it because you're sad about your brother. I know you love him, too, and I know that you miss him just as much as I do. Maybe more."

Jaina wondered if that was possible. The pain radiating off of Tahiri was like a Hoth blizzard, and a severe one at that. She didn't know what to say to that.

Tahiri noticed and sat down in one of the hover chairs in the corner and fixed Jaina with her cool emerald stare. "I know you just don't want to make me think about him," Tahiri said evenly. "But I think about him every second, regardless. You aren't going to make me feel any worse than I already do." She averted her eyes. "Nothing can."

Jaina went to her side and slid her arms around her shoulders. "I know," she said softly. "I can't imagine what it's like for you, but I know how terrible it is for me, and it's unbearable."

Tahiri looked at Jaina, tears shimmering in her eyes. "He told me he loved me," she said hoarsely. "That's how he brought me back on Yavin Four. He told me he loved me and I remembered."

Jaina squeezed Tahiri's shoulders. "He did love you, anyone could see that. He loved you so much."

"He loved you, too," Tahiri replied softly. "He always felt like you understood him better than Jacen did, like you really cared about what he thought and what he wanted."

"Jacen cared, too," Jaina said. "He was just always too hard on Anakin."

"He wanted Ja

17. DarthSnuggles1121

Apr 28, 2002
    :( :_|

*sniff* That was beautiful! Tahiri and Jaina's emotions on Anakin's death were so heartwrenching, especially Tahiri's. Kinda makes you hate the NJO, eh? Why, Troy? WHYYYYYY?

18. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, Solo :)

19. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    *sniff* Anakin. Great job once again.

20. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    great post. Its good to see Tahiri and Jaina dealing with Anakin's death.

21. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Colonel Jagged Fel was impatient.

He was scared, really, and he didn't like being scared, which made him impatient, which made him angry. Sighing, he checked his diagnostics to make sure he was still on course.

He was traveling through hyperspace with the other ten Twin Suns pilots, one short since Jaina was missing. Although it felt odd to be flying under Kyp's command instead of Jaina's, Jag had to admit it felt good to be back with them.

Now if only Jaina was here it would be perfect, Jag thought with a sigh.

His trip through hyperspace had proved to be long and restless, but it had given him time to think. About the war, about his family, but mostly about Jaina.

Jaina. Beautiful, brave, intoxicating Jaina Solo. He remembered the first time he laid eyes on her on the Tafanda Bay before the battle of Ithor. She had taken his breath away. She still did that to him whenever he saw her. Whenever she walked into the room his heart skipped a beat and his breath caught in his throat. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, and knowing that she was his made him dizzy whenever he thought about her.

He had never expected to fall in love with her. He had never expected to fall in love at all. He had even tried to fight it, to deny what he was feeling, but just being around her was intoxicating, and his will had crumbled every time she looked at him.

The skirmish over Borleias had been his breaking point. Jaina had been in danger then, and he had been willing to sacrifice himself to get her out of there. When she had plunged back into the battle to rescue him, he had come to understand that she felt the same way he did, and in the face of death she had done the only thing she could do; save the man she loved.

Jag would never forget that first kiss in the conference room on Borleias, that deep, longing kiss that had spoken all of the passions, all of the desires, that they had been keeping locked away. In that one moment, Jag had truly been free.

He wondered if Jaina had felt that way, too, if she had felt that same relief as all their tortured barriers faded away and they let themselves love one another.

Maybe you can ask her, he told himself. After you rescue her that is.

He refused to think if, because he knew that once he started thinking that way he would go crazy. He couldn't imagine life without Jaina anymore than he could life without flying. She had become such an intricate part of his life, of him, that the though of loosing her was unbearable.

And not just for him.

"We will find her," Kyp had said firmly. "Even if we have to tear apart the entire planet itself. We are not leaving without her."

In that moment, hearing Kyp's voice break with intensity, Jag had realized how deeply Kyp cared for Jaina. The Jedi Master wasn't in love with her, even Jag knew that, but he did love her, and the idea of living without Jaina in his life was as unbearable for Kyp as it was for Jag.

Kyp Durron had lost his family years before Jag had ever met him, and he could relate to the Jedi Master's sense of loneliness. He missed Davin and Cherith more than he could ever say. But while Jag still had his parents, and two younger siblings, Kyp had no one.

Well, not no one, Jag conceded with a smile. He has Jaina.

Not even Jaina and Kyp were sure how to define their relationship, so Jag didn't even bother trying. He understood that their was nothing romantic between them, but it was still painful at times, to see how close they were and to know that no matter what, he could never share that kind of intimate bond with Jaina. He was jealous of that, he couldn't deny that, but he was glad that Jaina had someone to share herself with in that way. Someone to understand the things that Jag couldn't understand, someone who knew her inside and out, someone who could offer guidance and advice, but never pushed.

Sometimes Jag wished he was a Jedi, so he could have that closeness with Jaina. He wasn't, though, and he never would be, s

22. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Wow, you're just a posting machine. :) keep it up, this story is wonderful.

23. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Great post once again. Loved the last line.

24. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Jacen Solo was running.

Running through the gnarled, twisted corridors of the remains of Curscant, his heart pounding madly, his breath coming out ragged and labored. Behind him, the pounding of heavy footsteps grew louder, and angry Yuuzhan Vong voices shouted menacingly.

Jacen kept running.

He had to, no matter that his lungs were about to burst, that every muscle in his body was screaming in agony, that he was barely holding onto consciousness. He had to keep running, because Jaina was coming.

Run, Jasa, Anakin's voice filled the air. Run!

An explosion shook the ground and Jacen stumbled, slamming his head against the rocks. He fought back the wave of darkness that threatened to overtake him, and pushed to his feet, stumbling through the smoke billowing around him.

There was a loud crash up ahead, and Jacen's hand went to the lightsaber at his hip. There were two there, but his hand slipped unconsciously onto the one belonging to his brother.

Footsteps were coming towards him now, from ahead of him this time, and Jacen did not hesitate. He drew his blade and ignited it, not even noticing that it was purple, not green.

Jacen, don't! Anakin warned sharply. Jacen, stop!

Jacen hesitated, unsure what Anakin was trying to tell him. Two silhouettes began to move towards him through the smoke, wavering and flickering like spirits. Jacen held his blade at ready, and as the first figure emerge from the smoke, he struck.

Jaina, look out! Anakin screamed, and only then did Jacen see the face of the figure before him. He cried out, but his swing had too much momentum.

Luckily, Jaina swung her blade up to parry his, violet clashing against violet, her fierce brown eyes boring into his. They stayed like that a long moment, blades locked, eyes locked, and then Jaina took a step back, extinguishing her blade.

Jaina held out her hand to him silently, her fingers outstretched toward him.

Jacen slid his hand into hers, and for a moment all was right in the universe. He was complete again, whole.

And then he woke up.

Jacen sat up in his cell, panting hard.

Vergere was meditating in the corner, but she opened an eye when he gasped for air. "A dream, young one?" she asked softly.

Jacen shook his head, positive that what he had seen had been no dream. "No," he said, barely able to keep a smile off his face. "It's Jaina. She's calling to me."

Vergere raised an eyebrow in concern. "How far away is she? Can you tell?"

Jacen paused, closing his eyes for a moment. He reached out with the Force, extending his perceptions beyond the cell walls, beyond the palace, beyond the city streets, and searched for his sister.

A jolt went through him when he found her. It was like someone had turned on a light after months and months of darkness. He clasped his sister's presence tightly, felt her reach out to him and do the same, and tears welled up in his eyes.

Jaina, he cried.

Jacen!

Her delight and relief shouted back at him like a hail storm. In that moment there was no anger, no fear, only happiness. Jacen had never felt anything quite like it. He probed her gently, searching for a trace of the darkness that he had felt surrounding her the last time he had felt her presence, and was relieved to find none.

There was an intense sorrow buried deep within her, but he did not probe it. That was Anakin's place, her grief was a private thing, and he would not intrude on it. Judging by the way she stiffened when he touched the memory of Anakin, he knew she wasn't completely over her anger at him for what had happened on Myrkr. He gave her a gentle brush with the Force, embedding it with all the love and warmth he could.

She hesitated briefly, and Jacen realized that he would have to deal with her blame over Anakin's death soon, but for now he pushed all thoughts aside and embraced her hungrily. For months he had felt incomplete, unfinished, and it had been agony not to reach out and feel his sister, not to just brush her once, to r

25. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    another wonderful post. Everything's gonna be OK right? right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.