main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Devotion(post RS)- Jaina/Jag; Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    You gotta have at least one kidnapping attempt, it's tradition! :D

2. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    That's what the sequel is for, CV ;)

3. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Han Solo could not stop pacing the lobby of the med-ward.

Behind one of the closed doors, his daughter was in labor, about to give birth to her first child. His first grandson.

When Jaina had first announced that she was pregnant, Han had been in shock. It was one thing for his little girl to be married, but to be pregnant?

Almost right away, though, the excitement had set in. He was going to be a grandfather. Sure, he had to share the title with Soontir Fel, but he was sure the kid would like him best. After all, Soontir was disciplined, stiff and rigid, while Han just liked to have fun and enjoy himself. And if not, I'll bribe the kid to pretend.

He was already looking forward to seeing Jaina's son drive Soontir crazy, because, as Jaina herself had proved, any kid with Skywalker and Solo blood was bound to be a handful. Especially when that kid was a Jedi.

Han was eager to watch Jag try to deal with a Force sensitive child. It had not been easy with Jaina, Jacen and Anakin, and Han still didn't know how he had survived their Force assisted tantrums. Luke or Leia had always been able to quiet them down using the Force, but Jag didn't have that advantage. It should be entertaining to watch, Han thought with a snicker.

Pacing the lobby was driving Han mad, and he kept glancing at the chrono on the wall to see what time it was. What's taking so long? he thought, but he knew that he was just being impatient. Leia had been in labor for hours with the twins, and nearly as long with Anakin. Cilghal had said that Jaina's son was in a hurry to get out, and that it would be fairly quick, but Han was ready to see his grandson. Now.

It was being outside the room that was really making him anxious. He had been inside with Leia when Jaina was born, and he wanted to be there with her now, but Cilghal had given strict orders that none of the men were to be present, except for Jacen, who was there to help Jaina with the pain through their twin bond.

Not even Jag was there, though, to be fair, the kid didn't even know Jaina was in labor. He was up flying in a skirmish in space with the rest of Twin Suns, and Jaina did not want anyone to tell him, for fear that in his distraction he'd get himself shot down. Smart logic, Han agreed silently.

Han doubted that they could keep it from him for long, though. As soon as Jaina started to have serious contractions, Kyp Durron and Luke would both feel it. He considered going to a comm-link and giving them a heads up, so that the sudden wave of pain did not disorient them or knock them unconscious- he remembered how Jacen had reacted to Mara's labor pains when she gave birth to Ben. He didn't want either of them being killed because Jaina's pain threw them off track.

The door opened and Jacen stuck his head out, looking weary and rubbing his hand. "Is Tahiri here yet?" he asked.

The blond Jedi girl darted forward and ducked under his arm, disappearing into the room. Han heard Jaina cry out, "Thank the Force you're here! Jacen is driving me nuts!"

Jacen gave his father a wry look, then retreated back into the room and shut the door behind him. Han sighed, shaking his head. He was dying to know what was going on in there, but the only people allowed inside were Leia, Mara, Jacen, Cilghal, and, apparently, Tahiri. Han just hoped that between the five of them, they could manage to get his little girl through this with as little pain as possible. He remembered Leia's pain from the twins' birth.

Wincing, and remembering how badly his hand had hurt for days after, he imagined it was a good thing Jag wasn't there. Jaina was likely to break his hand clean off.

"Don't worry, Han," Syal Fel said from behind him. "Jaina will be fine."

Han turned to face his daughter's mother-in-law. "It's taking forever," he complained.

Syal chuckled. "I'm sure it seems that way to Jaina, too. But she's doing fine. Believe me, I know. I've done this five times myself."

Iella Wessiri Antilles, Syal's sister-in-law, shuddered. "I did it twice and that

4. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    i just finished readin all the posts so far and this is great stuff! funny, sweet and filled with action....this is a class fic! keep the posts coming!

5. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks LtS [face_blush] :D There will be more up soon, and I have a sequel planned, too ;)

6. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Excellent post, JPS! When can we expect the next one? :D

7. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks Jade :D The next post is under construction ;)

8. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Will he be there at least to see his son actually born? [face_hopeful] If not, that'd be kinda cruel I think....

9. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Thanks! You just left me wanting more! [face_plain]

;) :D

10. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Great post JPS. Don't leave me hanging too long. :D

11. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Hope this wasn't too long, JJ ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you think, Durron?" Jag's voice came over Kyp's comm-link. "Should we risk it?"

Kyp stared at the massive frigate looming ahead of them. If they could take it out, the coralskippers would be easy pickings, the yammosk was on that frigate. But the frigate was heavily guarded, and any strike at it would cost them dearly.

He opened his mouth to offer his opinion when the Force blindsided him with agony.

He must have cried out, because his comm-unit crackled. "What is it?" Jag asked worriedly.

Kyp couldn't reply. The agony was unbearable, overwhelming and searing through every fiber of his being. It took all of his strength not to faint as blackness threatened to overtake him, and he gritted his teeth against a scream.

Jaina! he screamed mentally, her anguish tearing through him like a heatstorm, every cell alive with fire and pain so bright his vision erupted in a flash of white.

Suddenly an image of Luke Skywalker's face twisted in agony leapt into his mind, along with the telepathic order to sever his link to Jaina.

Too dazed to do it, he opened himself up to Luke, and felt the Jedi Master reach out to the part of him that was Jaina, and then the pain was gone. The bond he had with Jaina was smothered out, for now, and Kyp had to pant hard, taking deep breaths just to keep from choking.

Thank you, he called to Luke weakly.

He felt Luke give him a reassuring brush. She's having the baby.

Kyp's eyes went wide and he almost lost the breath he'd fought so hard to get. Now? he cried.

Luke gave him a strong nudge of confirmation. Jacen's with her, he assured him. Mara, Tahiri and Leia, too. She'll be fine.

Kyp nodded to himself, stunned. He had never, ever felt anything like that before. Never had he felt anything so excruciating, not even when he had felt Jacen Solo's "death". I don't know how women do it, he thought to himself with a groan.

"Kyp?" Jag was demanding, sounding near frightened. "Kyp, are you alright?"

Kyp filed it away in his mind that the kid really did care about him, then shook his head, trying to clear it of all the agony he had just experienced. "I'm alright," he answered, but his voice came out hoarse and broken.

"What the Sith happened?" Jag asked.

"Jaina," Kyp managed, still breathing hard.

"What?" Jag asked, his voice tense. "What happened to her?"

"She's having the baby," Kyp replied. He felt Jag's shock scream through the Force, then his concern, his fear, his anger at not being there for her. "Jacen's there, trying to fend off some of the pain, but it nearly knocked me unconscious."

"Sithspawn!" Jag cursed. Kyp heard him switch over to the main comm-frequency. "General Antilles? This is Twins Leader. Permission to return to base?"

"Permission denied, Colonel," Wedge's apologetic voice came back. "We need that frigate knocked out before I can let anyone return to base."

"General," Jag protested. "My-"

"I know, Colonel," Wedge said wearily. "She's in good hands. You'll just have to trust them to take care of her for now."

"Uncle," Jag pleaded. "Please reconsider. I need-"

"You need to do your duty, Jagged," Soontir Fel's voice cut in. "Your squadron is the one carrying the proton torps. If you return to base, the other squadrons will not be able to take down the frigate, and will be overrun by those coralskippers. You have your orders, now take out that frigate."

"Yes, sir," Jag said through gritted teeth, and Kyp got a flash of intense anger from the young pilot.

"As soon as it's destroyed, you have permission to fall back," Wedge told him. "I'm sorry, Colonel. I know how important this is to you. But it's imperative that we knock out that frigate, or they'll both be in considerably greater danger."

"Understood, sir," Jag replied evenly.

"Let's go knock out that frigate then," Kyp said.

"I agree," Jag responded. "Twin Suns, we are engaging now. I repeat, we ar

12. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    That's just plain cruel, JPS... short post like that, cliffhanger... Pure Sithly evil...

13. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Don't worry, Jade, the next one is almost done and will be up soon ;)

14. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    If I may, how soon is soon? 8-}

15. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    The minute I get it done, I'll post it :D

16. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    <nods> All right.. I'll be patient then.. It may take some effort, but I will be patient..

17. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Strangely enough, you just reaffirmed my belief that Kyp is a fool.

18. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Jaina took deep, calming breaths, drawing on her Jedi training to hold off the pain coming from her protesting muscles.

Jacen squeezed her hand, willing some of his strength into her through their twin bond. "Almost there, Jaina," he said gently. "You're almost done."

The later stages of labor were now so intense that she couldn't reply without losing her concentration, so she gave him a grateful caress with the Force, then reached for her son. Don't be afraid, she told him. It's okay. I'm here. I promise, it'll be okay.

Jaina didn't know if he understood the words, but he understood the feeling behind them. Recognizing his mother's touch, he relaxed some. To Jaina's delight, he reached back to her, and an amazing wave of warmth flooded between them.

I love you, she told him, putting as much emotion as she could behind those words. I love you and your father loves you. Don't be afraid. We won't let anything happen to you. I promise.

She felt her son join with her like the pieces of a puzzle fitting together, and their identities began to blur together until they were not two separate beings, but one.

Images flashed through her mind, glimmerings of the future granted to her by the Force in this moment of miracle. She saw a boy with dark hair and bright green eyes peering at a baby with similar features, his eyes wide in awe. She saw the same boy holding hands with a little girl, dark hair swept away from her face in curls and identical green eyes wide in delight as they played in the surf.

And she saw herself, holding the little girl on one hip, with the boy holding her hand, all watching with smiles as a clawcraft soared overhead.

She felt panic seize her son as the contractions intensified, and she let go of the images, reaching out for her son with a soothing brush. She felt him calm down a little, and felt his presence clinging to hers, and a wave of sadness washed over her that Jag would never, could never, connect to their children this way.

But tiny hands brushed her mind in reassurance and Jaina marveled at how strong her son was in the Force. Just like Anakin was, she thought in awe.

A bright light exploded behind her eyes and she heard someone- Jacen?- cry out. Her agony had carried over to him through their twin bond. His cry jolted Jaina's focus back to med-room ceiling as she felt her son's touch being pried away from her.

"What...?" she gasped.

"He's halfway out!" Jacen's voice seemed to boom in her ears. "Keep pushing, Jaina!"

Overwhelming agony washed over Jaina and she gritted her teeth against a scream. She saw her mother's face swim over hers, felt cool hands on her forehead. "Come on, honey, you can do this. You're almost there."

"One more push, Jaina," Tahiri urged gently.

The door beside her slid open and Jaina turned her head to see Jag rush in, still in his flightsuit and tearing off his gloves. "Jaina!" he cried.

"Jag!" she gasped out, relief flooding through her.

"On three," Mara called. "One ... two ... three!"

Jaina clenched her teeth so hard she thought they would shatter, and focused all of her strength on pushing. She felt Jag grab onto her hand, squeezing tightly. She closed her eyes, every muscle in her body screaming in agony.

At the peak of the surge of pain, she heard a burst of crying.

Human crying.

Her son's crying.

"Oh..." Jag gasped, clutching Jaina's hand. "Oh, Jaina..."

"He's out," Jacen announced, sounding oddly dazed and out of breath.

"How is he?" Jaina asked weakly, too exhausted to sit up. She felt Jag rub her hand with his thumb tenderly.

"He's fine," Mara promised. "He's fine and wailing like a bantha cub."

"Oh, Jaina," Leia was smiling, tears welling up in her eyes. She kissed Jaina's forehead. "Oh, sweetheart, you did it. I'm so proud of you."

Sighing in relief, Jaina leaned back into the bed, drawing on the Force to soothe her pain. A moment later, Jacen stepped into view, a tiny bundle wrapped in a blanket with a Rogue Squadron emblem on it in his arm

19. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Yay!! He made it! Great post, JPS! :D

20. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    Good post!

Anakin oh he's gonna have an interesting life looking at the other two Anakins :D

21. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks Jade, CV :) I thought you'd be happy he showed up, Jade ;) There is one more post left, working on it now, and the first post of the sequel is halfway done, too :D

22. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Good one.

Though I wonder what the others will think about a third Anakin in four generarions......

23. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    That was GREAT, JPS :D Awww... baby Anakin :)

Yay! New post! :) Aww, last one? :( Wait... sequel? :D Yay!

Can't wait, JPS ;)

24. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks JJF :D The final post is almost done, and I will post it later. I'm going to finish the first post of the sequel first, so that I can post them both tonight ;)

25. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    three great posts!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.