main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX DFW FanForce Veterans' Lounge

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nabooty_Call, Jan 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    'Twould be very cool, if they did it right. If they followed the template of the two computer games, they couldn't lose, with a good director and script.

And if they lose Sigourney Weaver and Ah-nuld. I'm sorry, but they being the focus of these movies is taking away from the real stars--Aliens and Predators.

2. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    imo, Danny Glover in Predator 2 was much better than Ahnuld in Predator...

"HE CAHN'T SEEE MEEE..." [face_plain]

3. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Back to the Great Cuss Out of 1999...

Just so everyone here will know the guy had it coming. He and his mother spent 2 months undermining everything we did and causing trouble and wreaking havoc within the group. Everyone else got along and had a great time.By the time I let loose on the guy, EVERYONE had wanted them out. I was the only one trying to make peace and keep things calm, but eventually he crossed the line way too many times. It comes to a point that folks can take just so much decisiveness (sp?) from one person. Ask KRWADE..how many times did OldJedi and myself have to restrain KRWADE from opening up a can of whoop arse on the dude? And it was deserved too! It was all sureal. Here you had a large group of SW fans just out there trying to run an event and have a good time with it, then you had this whole family making it really hard on everyone. It was quite bizarre. Although, they were the only major problem we had. Everyone else was awesome and had a great time!

4. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    By the by, has anyone been by to check out the campsite? I've driven by a couple of times, but I haven't actually walked it. Is the "Dead Zone" still there? For those of you who weren't there, something horrible, some might say tragic happened at the camp site. I am not at liberty to say what happened there, on this forum. The strange thing was that after we broke camp there was a dead patch at the very spot, and it remained for many months. Some say it is still haunted. Believe it or not. Then of course there was the sprinkler from hell. We marked every one of the heads, but they appeared to shift their location at will. Poor Clay and his kid were the first victims. Nothing like a stream of ice cold water shooting at you at 200 psi. It was like a real life Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. We had to go through several trials before we reached the holy grail. Although in hindsight I would not label TPM a holy grail. More like "wholey crap", but that's another argument.

5. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Hmmm....will let that one slide, as my argument would fall on old, deaf ears [face_mischief]

6. Old-Jedi

Nov 25, 2000
    What!?! Speak up Sonny Boy. I can't read lips you know. Now where did I leave my polygrip? As I was say...ing...zzzzzzzz.

7. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Now Brian, that's not fair. He's old and senile and we have to be nice to the old guy, even if he is wrong about TPM. ;)

8. RB-wan

RB-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2000
    Anyone remember the car that drove by the campsite after leaving Sam's, and the tire came flying off across the road and the car kinda skidded to the stop sign? And we invited the kid and his dad over to the campsite while they called a tow truck?

Bri

Edit: Oh, it wasn't just the tire, it was the whole wheel that came flying off. And I think they tried to jack up the car but couldn't, because then the fuel line would get punctured. Boy, that was a rough one for those two that afternoon...

9. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Heh. Yup, I was there. They said they had just gotten the car fixed, too, and were driving from the mechanic. You gotta wonder how some people get a license to fix cars when they don't know that you have to put the lugnuts back on the wheel before letting someone drive it. ;)

10. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Sounds like a story to go on stone's Episode I nostalgia thread.

Looks like a few veterans are coming back into the fold this week :)

11. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    BTW, I've been back to the Galaxy and the Campsite many times... and no, the "Dead Zone" is not there any longer, but thanks for asking. I threw that tent out too.

There are some things that even the Sith refuse to deal with... like that cursed tent..... wicked evil naughty tent.... with a grail-shaped beacon

12. Firehawk-Jeff

Firehawk-Jeff Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Ahhh the good ole days. I had forgotten about Eric's great cussing. :D

13. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    C'mon Veterans!

So, any more stories you can regale us with about those bygone days when people would run around in Stormtrooper helmets and tell the media "I'm out here relivin' my youth!"

?[face_plain]

14. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Well Before the Big Cuss out (Or Was it After ?[face_plain]) anyway Mrs Old Guy and myself and The Old Guy had a lil Chat with The man with no name.(At the request of a few members Brandon, Jon, Mr. Barnes) I wasnt on the Council, BUT was a founding member none the less, And I have the Biggest mouth. [face_laugh] Anyway during the course of the metting He blurted out what are you even doing here anyway your not a council member. [face_devil] Hold your horses we will get to that later. So After the metting I expressed myself in a calm manor and he started to cuss and raise his voice and I told him to calm down, and stop cussing before it became something he couldnt handle(NAMELY me Jumping up and down on his Head) :mad:

Needless to say he started to say how I was the only one BI***in and then that is where MRS Old Guy Jumped in with voice Sky High. Soon after he started crying and went to his mommy.... :_| Now that was EPIC....

Red 5 out

15. Old-Jedi

Nov 25, 2000
    Oddly enough KRWade got it pretty close to the mark. My lovely Mrs. Old-Jedi wailed away verbally until the only thing left was a quivering pile of jello. Apparently I underestimated the powers of the dark-side. Whoda thunk it?

16. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    Something Short...

This post is not somewhere where you can hide behind a wall and say what you will.

So be advised.. Do not say anything in here that you arent willing to say to someones face....

With that being said Ill say this. Anyone that has a problem with me say it loud and read what I say clearly, because if you can dish it then you need to take your medicine. Im sick and Tired of Hearing all the He Said She Said Crap. Be a Man or a woman(or both if you perfer) and say whatever issue you have to a persons face or dont say anything at all. Im not Gonna call out any names, Because you know who you are but if something is told to you in confidence then keep it to yourself or DONT ASK THEIR OPINION......!!

LASTLY..... RESPECT IS EARNED NOT GIVEN. Unless your Name is Tim,Rob,Kevin,Eric,Brandon,Chad or Brian then you dont know me well enough to shoot off at the mouth. Eric,Brandon and Brian dont know me as well as the others but they still have my Respect. And I hold them in High Regrard...

Remember Minerals Grow they dont just appear behind the screen of a computer....

More Direct and to the Point, Mike it seems we are getting our wires crossed so I suggest we talk in person

Same goes to you Jeff depending on whether or not respect is important to you.

17. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    BTW the only way to recover in the Alien department is to go with the Dark Horse story line.

ALIEN EARTH WAR

Like Starship Troopers, but nothing Funny about it, and no Mushy stuff either...

18. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
  19. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
  20. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
  21. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    Stone I forgot about you Im sorry you are included, I just forgot about you, My fault...

My Bad, My Bad my Bad

22. Ted_Striker

Ted_Striker Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    I know, I know, I'm not a veteran. I was there camping for TPM though and i do remember the "Altercation" that took place. I was the guy he wanted to give his spot in line too. I never did understand why he wanted me to have it.

23. Old-Jedi

Nov 25, 2000
    I never did understand why he wanted me to have it.

He wanted it in exchange for your immortal soul.

24. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
  25. RB-wan

RB-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2000
    Heh, here's one that just occurred to me. Me and the family unit were there under the tent with a coupla other folks elbowing to get a look at the monitor.( This was maybe two or three days after The Matrix opened at the Galaxy. ) Someone--can't remember who--asked what we were watching.

My demure little wife *ahem* blurted out loud enough for the people in the Galaxy parking lot to hear: "We're watching a bootleg of The Matrix!!!"

I personally saw a very quick end to the campsite right then and there. That's what I was really waiting for all that time: for the copyright police to show up and haul everyone to the hoosegow.

I don't think any other "special releases" were shown at the campsite after that evening. ( Except the occasional poopy diaper, courtesy of The Bruce <g> ).

Bri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.