main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Diabetes Walk Nov. 4th 9:30am-12:00pm Jax Zoo

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JaxAnakinSkywalker, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Here is the official information for the Diabetes Walk on Nov. 4th.

The walk will have alread started when we get there. We will be there mostly for the ending and to cheer everyone on.

They may give us a central location, but they would like us to wander a bit and be social with all the walkers at the zoo and cheer people on at the finish line. At 9:30am the plan is to meet at the gate and go from there. If you come late, just get someone's phone # and see where everyone is.

This is for a great cause and I'm very grateful for everyone that shows up for it. Thank you guys. We've already got some Rebel Legion & 501st guys up for this, so it should be an awesome showing.

Let's have fun!

2. crimsongryphon01

crimsongryphon01 Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2006
    I found someone to cover for me at work, so I'll be there. I hope to be a Tusken (if I can finish it in time).

3. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Awesome dude! Glad you were able to arrange it. Just fixed the webpage for you crimson :)

4. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    I do believe taht i will be here for this one..(i am working on a new custom idea)

5. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    We'll be there!

6. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Awesome! I can't wait to see everyone there!

7. crimsongryphon01

Sep 17, 2006
    Well folks it looks like you are going to have a pretty good sized group of people from the 501st (and of those maybe 4 from Tallahassee). I will be showing off my new tusken, there will be a Sandtrooper, and a Padme in her new dress (lake house dress I think) and if he can get the time off work a Scout trooper. There may be one or two more but we'll hafta wait and see.

8. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    AWESOME NEWS!!!! Yippie! Can't wait..
    May be time to debut my new costume so there aren't 2 Padme's ;)

9. crimsongryphon01

Sep 17, 2006
    I found out tonight that it isn't the lake dress Padme, but a new Padme costume from Ep III, but she wouldn't tell me which one.

10. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    If there are two Padme's, what does it mean to have only 1 Anakin? :D

11. crimsongryphon01

Sep 17, 2006
    um... That he's falling to the dark side faster that we all thought?

12. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Hmmmm, Ok. I'll just do battle Padme' because my other costume of another character won't be ready.
    I also have an EpIII Padme' costume as well that I was considering wearing as well so I'm glad you said something - LOL!, but I will refrain from wearing it. No big [face_pumpkin]

13. RemyCat

RemyCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    I'll be able to make it to this event also. I'll be in X-Wing pilot gear. Can't wait to see everyone. [face_alien]

14. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Cool this is shaping up so well. Can't wait to see such a large turn out for this. Hopefully with a good impression we will be invited back next year.

p.s. Ani is still working on getting us a place to change so we don't have to worry about changing prior to getting there.

15. jmknet1

jmknet1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    Parking lot works for me!!

16. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    oohh this is going to be fun..becuse my new outfit just arrived and my other pice shall be here...yes i am looking forward to this.

17. crimsongryphon01

Sep 17, 2006
    So far, there are 11 people on the 501st list that are going to show up at the zoo. I don't know who many of them (other than myself) have also signed up here on this list. It looks like there are some more people slowly being added to the list as the date gets closer. I'll keep you posted.

18. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Crimson - we have been looking at Ani's post where he invited everyone on the 501st too and are seeing some of the people talking about coming. Are they posting somewhere else too? I was so glad to see them helping out by trying to schedule the Toys R Us event after the Diabetes Walk so everyone could accomodate both. That is way too cool and thoughtful of the leadership there.

I actually keep forgetting to post it on the Rebel Legion board even though I already told Katie the commander about it. I will do that tomorrow so there might be more from there. What an awesome and strong presence there shall be.

Woo-hoo!!!

19. crimsongryphon01

Sep 17, 2006
    It's posted in the Jacksonville Troopers section. There squad sections and since Jacksonville is trying to form their own squad they have their own section for now. The fist post is getting updates when people sign up for the event. I have no idea if it is a forum section that is 501st only or one that any member of the boards can get into.

20. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    I was wondering where it went! Oooo! I'm getting excited! There's nothing like invading the zoo!

Has anyone ever considered crashing a Renaissance Faire in SW Costumes?

21. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Just 2 more weeks away. Woo-Hoo!

22. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    Ani I have...in fact i did once..and got kicked out too..it was for a school trip.

23. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Bumpin' for fun!

24. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    hey ani..can i wear my pink jedi robes??? pretty please?

25. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    I can't stop you from wearin' anything, but I already told you that I refuse to make pink ones... Must be my inxecurity and all ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.