main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Diabetes Walk Nov. 4th 9:30am-12:00pm Jax Zoo

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JaxAnakinSkywalker, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    ya that must be it..

2. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    i just realized i hadnt posted :eek:
    im going to be there, as the jawa, got family...like....people coming :p

3. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Score! This is gonna be great!

4. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    New Development - The people with the Diabetes Assoc. are really excited about having us there! If anyone is able, they would like to have us from 8:00 - 12:00... If not, it's not a huge deal, but that's when I'll be there! I think they're even serving breakfast!

Have fun!

5. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    hey are we going to have to pay to get into the zoo? or are we acually in it at all.
    also where are we meeting?

6. jmknet1

jmknet1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    Ya, were are we meeting??

7. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    The plan right now is to meet up a little before 8:00 at the gate. That is when I plan on getting there. Anyone that doesn't see us can call me for where we are... Most of what we will be doing is walking the park anyway.

8. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    i am so looking forward to this...but my new outfit is still not here...and i am not srue if its going to be here in time..oh what is a ninja to do??

9. ---Vossk---

Jun 14, 2005
    Chase will you PM me your number.
    and by park im assuming you mean the zoo? and were going to be getting there about 9.
    but if we dont meet up at 8 do we have to pay to get in?

10. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    If you don't get there by 8, you don't have to pay. Just tell the people that you're with us... If they give you a problem, call me....

11. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Think you can fit into that extra Jedi Robe we have that was for Travis? I know it's big so pobably not, but it was worth a shot.

12. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    i can always try.

13. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    How did it go.... I went to the 501st site and they have pics but you guys are not in them. I'm just sad that I couldn't make any of the events due to a torn ligament on my left knee. I'm hard down, for a while.

14. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    it went great. they want us back next year.

15. Sithmauler

Sithmauler Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2006
    Hey guys I saw you guys saturday, and I spoke with some stormtroopers. They looked great. I wanted to speak to the jedis but they looked mad for some reason. Hopefully I can save up some money so I can buy my costume soon.

16. Florida_Phil

Florida_Phil Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    I wanted to stop by and post here to personally thank First Coast Jedi Knights for the invite!
    Was a really neat troop, and I have heard tons of positive comments about it from those us that drove over from Tallahassee.

I will say that you face characters with your ostentatious ability to use cameras and cells phones, and your fancy-shmancy peripheral vision sure do have it easy! <grin> Try doing those things with a few pounds of plastic wrapped around your head and some welding visors as peep holes!

Everything was a bit bunched up at the entrance, so the group I was with moved into the park a bit more. Blame our lack of photographs on the <gasp> Rebel photographer that came with us.
    [image=http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m97/Florida_Phil/Jax_zoo_06/ddea18bf-1.jpg]
    [image=http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m97/Florida_Phil/Jax_zoo_06/ddea18bf.jpg]

I'd love to see some of the ones you guys took!

17. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    I had a blast at the zoo...and yep when i got home...my MJ dress was waiting for me...dont u just love life. I think my fav part of the whole day was seeing all the smiling faces of the kids when we would pose for pics..or just be walking around. cant wait till next year.

18. jmknet1

jmknet1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    Was one of the best troops!! The return of Rique was great! We both had a blast...did anyone have a camera?
    I posed for a lot of pictures but not sure who took them.
    The whole day was a blast it couldn't have turned out better!!!!

19. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    THANK YOU guys for coming all of that way. You rock.

When the troop was over I spoke to the doctor that originally invited us and he asked me if we would want to come back next year. They really loved how we were trooping all around and circling the park and they really got a TON of positive feedback on each and every one of us. It was wonderful to be part of such a large team of people working together to make this such a great event. So mark your calendar for around the same time next year if you can as he will be giving me a call then so we can do it again.

I was the FCJK photographer of the day and I got a bunch of pictures that I haven't had a chance to go through completely, but here are a few from when we encountered you guys. [face_peace]

[image=http://www.firstcoastjediknights.org/diabeteswalk2006/diabeteswalk1.jpg]
    [image=http://www.firstcoastjediknights.org/diabeteswalk2006/diabeteswalk2.jpg]
    [image=http://www.firstcoastjediknights.org/diabeteswalk2006/diabeteswalk3.jpg]

20. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Glad that you guys had fun.

21. Randy1Kenobi

Randy1Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2006
    hey guys sorry i havent been on latly work has been kicking butt i said hey to the 501 guys spoke to one or two of you guys to i thhink looked great

22. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Come out and meet us sometime, Man... We get together often enough. We're flexible...

23. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Randy1Kenobi - Great to see you here. Catch up with us soon! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.