main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Diablo III Discussion Thread (was: Blizzard's New Game : What is it??) Release Date: May 15th

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by adx, Jun 23, 2008.

1. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Yeah i dont know what it is... More runes, more alien from Independance day looking thing in the sky, probably protoss. I durno.

2. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    New picture update, it almost looks like he's holding up his middle finger. :p

Ah well event starts in 90 minutes, all will be revealed.

3. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Diablo 3!

Looks really like LotR. :p

4. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    woot

Blizzard.com has a new splash

Dialbo III

And The Heavens

Shall Tremble

:cool:

Nerdgazms

EDIT
    Seems someone on Neogaf said this yesterday and no one belived him.
    from ign

12:25 -- Each piece of gear is custom designed for each class. Barbarian puts on demonic sort of garb with giant devil horns. Barbarian can hop across gaps on the map. Barbarian dislodged a rock wall and dropped it on zombies, killing them. Demoing moving whirlwind attack.

12:24 -- Red orbs that drop from enemies can replenish health without you having to use items. Talking about demon foes he's fighting, they have a summon ability. Barbarian's jumping attack covers quite a distance. Goes flying up staincase. Also appear to have a shockwave type of attack. Still procure items from bookcases. Blizzard touting interactive environment as an inportant feature. Barbarian triggers a trap chest that spawns four spectral enemies around him.

12:21 -- The axe guy is the barbarian class. Says improvements have been made, like the hotbar for skills. Using the mouse wheel and tab key you can quickly switch between skills. Whoing inventory. Appears to still have slot limits. Using enchanted axes with frost and lighting ,which stuns and freezes opponents.

12:20 -- It's apparently still an action RPG. Same interface -- red health and blue orbs. Skill bar at bottom. 3/4 overhead perspective. Character with 2 axes hacking at demons in what appears to be a foggy cathedral. Has a jumping attack where he smashes the two axes into the ground.

EDIT Witchdoctor confirmed

Wall of Zombies BEST.WALL.EVAR.

EDIT Youtube of gameplay

5. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Watching the stream, game looks great. :)

edit: The zombiewall looks great. ;)

6. I_AM_GEEK

Oct 5, 2004
    Offical site up with Tyrial

Two decades have passed since the demonic denizens, Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, wandered the world of Sanctuary in a vicious rampage to shackle humanity into unholy slavery. Yet for those who battled the Prime Evils directly, the memory fades slowly and the wounds of the soul still burn.

When Deckard Cain returns to the ruins of Tristram's Cathedral seeking clues to new stirrings of evil, a comet from the heavens strikes the very ground where Diablo once entered the world. The comet carries a dark omen in its fiery being and it calls the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells ? and even the failing luminaries of the High Heavens itself.

Edit the Cinematic Trailer is OMG:cool: Blizzard has just pwned me completely

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Diablo III !!! [face_dancing]

8. adx

adx Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Can this be changed to reflect the new games title.. change the title to diablo 3

9. I_AM_GEEK

Oct 5, 2004
    [image=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/Geektechboy/1g6nup.gif]

[image=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/Geektechboy/2dj15jp.gif]

[image=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/Geektechboy/ws4vo3.gif]

:-B

10. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    This announcement is most excellent. I am pleased. ;)

11. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    Can we change the title to diablo 3 disscussion?

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    They should release this and StarCraft II on the same day.

13. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    That would end the world as we know it. :p

And in other news, worldwide productivity has dropped a staggering 72% for the past three weeks. South Korea's productivity alone dropped an astonishing 100% in one day. Possible causes being reported are nergasms, nerdgasms, and stim packs.

14. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I would like to know about the worldstone and what effect tyrael destroying it at the end of DII had, it was a bit of a cliffhanger.

This news has like made my week. :-B

15. I_AM_GEEK

Oct 5, 2004

Santuary Before Diablo 2
    [image=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/Geektechboy/2cne8g9.jpg]

Santuary Before Diablo 3

[image=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/Geektechboy/map2.jpg]

Mount Arreat has turned into Arreat Crater,
    and has caused the barbarian lands to brake up and they are now called the Dreadlands.

Also the Island at the top of the map now has an asian-ish name possible samurai class (pure geek speculation there).

The Barbarian bio on the offical site has a bit more, basically saying that since the end of D2
    no barbs have been seen, but large evil looking shapes are seen in the distance in the dreadlands.

Bonus image
    [image=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/Geektechboy/35150a6748276.jpg]

16. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Another round of battle.net duplication exploits, YAY

17. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    There's a whole lotta ground on those maps which we've yet to see. :D

18. DarthAeonius

DarthAeonius Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2005
    Blizzard has already stated that Diablo 3 will be played on a new improved Battlenet, one which will not have the hacking problems that D2 did.

P.S. Bring back the Paladin, thank you.

19. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    I wonder when the new b.net will launch?? Hopefully soon.. oh and WoTLK is open-beta now.

20. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Two bosses that have a 99.9% chance of being in Diablo III

Admozan, Lord of Betrayal (IIRC, it's ages since I played DI and that's where he's mentioned
    Belial, Lord of Lies

Glad to see Tristram's back. Maybe this time we can go to the Amazon islands, or deep into Kehjistan where the necros hang out

What I also love is how all the classes can be played either male or female.

21. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    The desert city we saw in the trailer (Caldeum) is in Kehjistan. So I think we'll be visiting it.

22. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    I just started a new char. if someone wants to join me.. send me a pm if you are interested.. Got to play d2 the whole way through at least once before the expansion comes out.

23. Karyyk

Karyyk Jedi Knight

Sep 23, 2005
    Hmmm. I'll be all over this. For some reason I have this desire to play Diablo II now...

24. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Let me tell you, my index finger was so strong back in my Diablo II days.

I remember really souring on Diablo II because of the "save" mechanic -- basically, everything constantly respawned, so even if you cleared out a large area, made your way to a save point and saved the game, that area you cleared out would be filled with monsters again when you started up the next time. I realize that mechanic was basically to support online play, but it was downright annoying in single-player.

You also needed spider-hands to be able to effectively use more than one skill while gulping down potions. I actually think this sort of game is better suited to consoles.

Though, did that barbarian just get his head chewed off? Man, that looked awesome. You can feel the bone shattering.

25. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    The expansion is already out and has been for quite some time. I think you mean the sequel.