main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Diablo III Discussion Thread (was: Blizzard's New Game : What is it??) Release Date: May 15th

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by adx, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Depends on the class really, if you were a Zealadin there would hardly be a need to change skills. :p Anyway they've changed this and the skillbar looks a bit like that from WoW, which is a good thing.

2. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001

I wish necros would return as PCs. So much death would go to waste otherwise.

3. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    As much as I hated the no "save as you go" like in D1, the respawing monsters was a really good way to get your levels up.

I discovered that when i started playing Nightmare, and kept dying. I was a martial arts assassin. And traps I thought as cheating.

4. adx

adx Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Agreed i think that with the no monster respawn thing it would have been a pain to try and level each time.. I like the respawned monsters plus more boss kills = more loot.

5. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    I hope my PC can run it well (I've got an Alienware that's about 3 years old).

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    As for the spider hands comment, I still remember how my sisters and I would play Diablo together. One on the mouse, one on the spells and one ready with the potions.

7. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    Does anyone want to start an open.bnet thing where we can do theforce.net game nights.. i like playing single player on my computer due to lag issues but would sometimes like to play with you guys.. if you would be interested in starting an open.b.net thing whisper me and i will try to set it up as best as possible...

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I'd like to, but my computer's not that crash hot. One of these days I will get onto b.net

9. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    Open B.net is where you make a charcter on your pc and then you can take it on to b.net whenever you want.. It is in options other multiplayer.. You make it under single player and then can take it online at your leisure.

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I don't currently have Diablo on my computer, took it off to play KOTOR when I had it. Also, I'm studying at the moment and there's the temptation just to play all the time.

But that's another topic...

11. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Something I was wondering...

That woman in the trailer, could that have been Adria. We never found out much about her, did we? (And what a hike it was to get to her place!)

12. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004

[image=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/Geektechboy/szwtup.gif]

No one knows yet, there is speculation that she is Leah, who the barbarian mentions in the gameplay vid, who Cain refers to as a nursemaid.

Most people think that she will be the Marius of D,3 the star of the Cinematics, whom the player has little to no contact with.

Bonus

[image=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/Geektechboy/2ho8qqe.gif]

13. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Interesting, that Marius story was what made Diablo II. I wonder what Cain's been doing all of these years...

14. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    http://diablofans.com/

Found this website that has all types of neat info regarding diablo 3. They have some comments from ex-blizzard employees talking about there involvement with the project and what they agreed with and what has changed since the first beta of the game.

15. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Something interesting:

the original design documents for Diablo III included a set of all new character classes, with no reappearance of old character classes (our reasons for this was simple -- since we were enhancing and improving the skill system, we didn't want to try and adapt old skills into a new system -- we'd rather create all new skills for the new character classes.

I wonder if this means OTHER character classes will return. Barb was good in DII, but he was the easiest choice if you wanted a fast game.

16. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I'll need a summoner. I don't even know anymore how you actually fight by yourself. :p All my Barbs and Paladins sucked

17. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I had some good fun with a Zealadin (crazy attacking speeds FTW!) until I started running into lightning-enchant monsters...I recall not really paying attention to my enemies as I was destroying everyone then hitting a physical immune lightning enchant thing. Two clicks of Zeal on him and I died. Boo.

18. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Looks like you'll be Witch Doctor-in' it up, then.

19. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    They have announced that there will be a respecing system in place for d3. What would you want to see the system be?

20. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
  21. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    What I want is a combo of magic and combat where once enhances the other, were I also can keep on fighting without bothering to cast spells (except to enhance my skills before I began)

Yes, I was a pure martial arts assassin ;)

Is this a town in DIII?

22. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    New Diablo looks good so far. But somehow I have the feeling it won't be as eerie as the first (two).

I find it odd that there are only 2 character classes thus far. [face_thinking] Hope they add more.

23. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Oh, there will be additional classes. Gender is also selectable within every class that will be available. I imagine we can count on approximately 5 character classes overall.

24. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I found this,

http://xkcd.com/256/

I could not help noticing how similar it was to Sanctuary.

25. adx

Sep 27, 2007
    Bumping this to the top to discuss the new wizard class. What did you guys think of the release of the wizard class.