main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

But it was real in my mind goddamnit!!!! :mad::p[face_dancing]

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  3. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Yuck.

RC-1991 likes this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Why is it yuck? Shouldn't ur reaction be like YESSS more HARRY!!! :p :p

5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's a stage play and she's not writing it.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sooooooooo, basically Wicked?

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    oh, weird that this thread is up. Anyway, I just went to that Harry Potter Land at Universal a couple days ago. I know next to nothing about Potter since I haven't read the books or seen any films past the first one, but the theme park thing was pretty neat. Enjoyable ride, and good theming. And that butterbeer stuff is yum.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I want some Butterbeer, does look good

10. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Why did Voldemort kill Lily? It totally messed his plan.

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It is pretty amusing to think that if Voldemort was slightly more kind-hearted, and have let Lily live as per Snape's request, then he'd have killed Harry and likely won. On the flip-side, if Voldemort has been a little more cruel and flat out ignored Snape's request and killed Lily immediately without offering her a chance to give over Harry and escape, then it wouldn't have caused the spell to rebound, as it wouldn't have been a pure sacrifice.

Voldemort was exactly the amount of good-evil to utterly screw up his plans. :p

Ghost and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I won't call it kind-hearted, it's more like "don't kill when mercy is going to benefit you".

13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Not only was Lily defying the Dark Lord, but she was a Muggle-born who was defying the Dark Lord. That he carried out Snape's request, if only for a moment, is probably the only "good" act Voldemort did after taking the title.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    A true mastermind wouldn't mind some mockery, like Palpatine. Knock Lily out and give her to Snape is going to let Snape be 100% loyal to him, and Lily could not cause him any threat, it's also going to let him kill Harry without anyone mess up.

I think Lucius is the smartest villain in the series, others are too dense sometimes.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

He killed her cause she wouldn't step aside

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I guess my interpretation of Voldemort is different to yours, because I wouldn't compare him to Palpatine. Voldemort demands loyalty. You give it or you die, or worse. The only time I can recall Voldemort actually helping any of his followers was when he gave Pettigrew his arm back, and even that was actually designed to kill him.

Agreed on Lucius though, he was smart about trying to manipulate events for Voldemort's return while also achieving his own goals. Unfortunate for him that he didn't know of the Diary's true purpose, and how grave an error it was to allow it out of his grasp.

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah, I think he viewed anyone who dared to oppose or disobey him directly as foes that must be exterminated, but sometimes it's not the wise thing to do, even as a villain.

Still he and his family got away by betraying his master.

18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I agree completely, but I don't think Voldemort particularly cared about being subtle at the height of his power, as he thought himself invincible with the Horcruxes he had created. He did show subtlety at other points of his life though, such as when he wanted to obtain information from Slughorn, or even during his rise to power during the Second Wizarding War.

Yep, considering the amount of failure the Malfoys managed to be a cause of, they were very lucky to come out of the war mostly unscathed.

19. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I don't think Rowling has said it anywhere but I'm sure that all three faced jail time. Not with dementors (I'm sure Kingsley used the most of the dictatorial powers of the Minister of Magic and revamped Azkaban) but they had done a lot of Unforgivable Curses. The Wizard Judiciary System isn't very merciful.

20. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Double post

21. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Triple post.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Kingsley dismissed the Dementors, and Umbridge saw jail time

23. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Urgh. It didn't even post my paragraph. Here goes again...

I watched DH Part 2 again yesterday and when Harry is in the forest with the ghosts, he mentions Remus' son. However, he was never told in story. The only mention would be in part 1 during the poly juice when Tonks mentioned she had to tell him something. Other than that nothing.

Also, when Voldemort and Harry are duelling on the staircase, is Voldemort casting Avada Kedavra repeatedly? It looks like it and Harry is going all god mode on him. And what was up with Voldemort disintegrating at the end? They took a perfect book ending in the Great Hall and ruined it. I mean whose idea was that?

24. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Deathly Hallows Part 2 had emotionally the most shallow ending of all eight movies and sort of made you wonder what was the point. Such a shame because earlier in that same film, the "Prince's Tale" sequence was one of the moving sequences I've seen in all of cinema. A good movie on the whole, but that terrible ending makes it feel very disjointed.

25. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I've posted this multiple times before, but the ending of the Deathly Hallows book was just terrible. I truly can't believe that after the emotional complexity of the previous books Rowling found three pages of celebratory fluff after Voldemort's death to be a fitting end for the series.

07jonesj likes this.