main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Exactly, just like with the Malazan series. Steven Erikson did his series and now Ian C. Esslemont is writing in the Malazan world.

So much untapped potential! There are stories literally waiting to be to be told in this universe.

2. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Given what a fine mess the EU is now, I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Or, at the very least, JK Rowling can do what KA Applegate did for Animorphs and have ghostwriters do the work provided that JK stays completely in charge. It's obvious that she still has tons of ideas but likely can't muster up the energy to put them in another book.

But if we can't get actual story books, I'd be totally cool with them releasing more "in-universe" books. Fantastic Beasts, Quidditch Through the Ages and Beedle the Bard were all just magnificent. I'd like to see more stuff like Hogwarts: A History, A History of Magic, any of the Rita Skeeter books, or perhaps books written by the characters themselves.

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Hmmm.....like maybe a biography of Dumbledore? I'd read that.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A series following the first Wizarding War would be fun.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't like what was done with his back story in DH, save the relationship with Grindelwald, so I'm not sure I would read it.

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    A Marauder series would be cool imo.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Their adventure at Hogwarts. With Rowling's humor infused throughout.

Oh. Hell. Yeah.

I keep coming back to this thread because I've been playing a lot of Lego Harry Potter lately; the short story came out just as I was really in the mood for more.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I need to finish those games.
    If she does that series I hope she doesn't make James a complete jerk. Yeah the OWLs scene was bad but that was one moment in time and we can't forget the becoming Animagus' thing.

9. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Since the end of DH, I've always been certain that Rowling would never return to the world of witches and wizards with a book in which Harry is the main (or even a major) character. However, after reading that Rita Skeeter bit, I'm uncertain for the first time. It's that scar. The last time Harry Potter got a scar, it turned over a page and began a story anew that enthralled the entire world. Now Harry's got a new scar; on his face, at that... Yeah, sure, he's an auror and that's a tough gig, to say the least, but this is Harry we're talking about.

10. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    I'd rather a series that actually has the characters traveling around the wizarding world. Like, I wanna see what the wizarding world is like in North American, South American, African, Australian and Asian countries. Literal world building.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That works too.

12. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    JKR could easily write more books from the HP world. Here's a clue: they don't need to be novels! They can be collections of short stories that don't require large story arcs and convincing big baddies. She would have unlimited possibilities: The Marauders' adventures at Hogwarts, Harry & Co.'s life after Hogwarts, the adventures of Harry's children at Hogwarts... Anything! :)

anakinfansince1983 and Rew like this.
  13. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    And the winner of the third place match in the 2014 Quidditch World Cup on Pottermore between USA and Japan is...

Japan 330, USA 120

Dangit.

Still though, it seems that Potterverse is treating the USA going to the Semis in the QWC as a really big deal so there's that at least. I do raise my eyebrows though at JK Rowling misspelling Hou-Hou as "Hoo-Hoo".:005:

The final match between Brazil and Bulgaria is scheduled for Saturday. And after hearing of what happened in the real life World Cup, at least Brazil is doing good in a World Cup.:p

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Us fan want novels :p

15. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Me no understand the language of your tribe...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I think the lure of that second or third $billion is going to bring us another Potter universe books series before the decade is out. Warner Brothers probably drop ships Rowlings a pallet of $100 bills every month or so just to remind her.

17. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    There's that Fantastic Beasts trilogy coming up for a start. But I'm really on the fence on an actual new book series coming out. As much as I enjoy Harry Potter and will buy any book that's related to their universe, JK seems content with all the Pottermore stuff, and she can do it for free without being accused of money-grubbing.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My son just told me that his favorite character is Mad-Eye Moody.

I am so damn proud. :D

I'm partial to Fred and George myself but...Mad-Eye.

19. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Mad-Eye is great, but it's hard to divide what we know about him between the real Mad-Eye and the impostor. Barty did a good job, but would the real Mad-Eye have transformed Malfoy into a ferret or shouted CONSTANT VIGILANCE at everyone? They are the two things he is most remembered of, but were they Moody things?

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    No on constant vigilance, yes on the Malfoy transformation, but no to actually bouncing him around.

And total no to AKing that spider.

That's my head-canon anyway.

"Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?"

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Mad-Eye's awesome! So underrated. But I was sort of conflicted about him after reading the books -- was it the fake Mad-Eye who was actually awesome, or the real one? He's sort of a conundrum... I remember rereading the fake one's scenes years after Goblet of Fire came out because the Real Mad-Eye's personality in the later books really wasn't so different from Fake Mad-Eye. I mean yeah, Fake was a wacko, but he had his moments and Real could be pretty harsh sometimes.

Edit: screw you Lugija! You stole my post!:p

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I didn't see a whole lot of difference between GoF Mad-Eye and OOTP Mad-Eye. GoF Mad-Eye had to be as close to the real one in personality to fool Dumbledore.

23. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    But I'm very certain that Real wouldn't have had as showy Unforgivables lesson. Definitely no Crucio before Neville, Mad-Eye was very casual of casualties but he would have known better. And while Fake got his way with Dumbledore about cursing the students Real may not have been adamant about it.

Well we know nothing of behind the scenes about those things. Besides: "Putting children in unnecessary danger for sport? Oh dear, what would Dumbledore do?"

24. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    The 2014 QWC is over, but thankfully you don't need to sign up on Pottermore to read up what happened. It was "live" updated on both there and the Insider website too.

http://insider.pottermore.com/2014/07/the-final-of-2014-quidditch-world-cup.html

Start from the first Ginny note and work your way up. While Ginny does the actual reporting on the match, Rita does the gossipy stuff and provides more info on the characters.

Point Given likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The guy who played Fenrir Greyback died in a hiking accident.