main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

Harry Potter, the Boy Who Kills

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  3. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    So James S. Potter got sorted into Gryffindor yesterday. Was anyone surprised?

I'm hoping little Al Sev proves more interesting. Maybe friendship with a certain Malfoy descendant?

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Going off of the epilogue, was anyone really surprised by yesterday's announcement?

5. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

I think we may have been surprised that Teddy was in Hufflepuff.

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    While Remus was Gryffindor, Tonks was Hufflepuff. So I'm not too surprised about that.

7. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    I seem to notice that when it comes to post books, fanfics about the next gen love to put Albus, Rose and Scorpius together as the second Golden Trio. I certainly wouldn't mind if that would end up being the case.

Jedi with a TARDIS likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Rowling should entirely do Harry Potter: The Next Generation as basically just random single twitter updates once a month or so for about a year. Then publish it as a poster.

9. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    If she really wants to do more stories then why not just continue doing the short stories with a new Generator or Big 3, and then collect them down the road.

10. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    I was always fond of the Albus/Scorpius friendship idea. With maybe a little Lily L. Potter & Scorp. shipping thrown in! (A bit of a balm for the Lily/Snape sadness.)

11. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Probably because she wants to show that the world of Harry Potter doesn't always have to revolve around trios, nepotism, and saving the world.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It makes me wonder. If JKR ever does write a book post-Voldemort where there's another big villain or threat, what could it be?

Though I'd probably prefer any direct HP sequel to follow the next generation and just be about a fun, funny 7 years in Hogwarts (maybe with Albus redeeming the house of Slytherin), it's still interesting to wonder what another big bad in their universe would be like, without it being a Voldemort copycat. I wonder what a Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw or Gryffindor villain would be like.

13. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    If a Marauders movie was ever made (could be between their Hogwarts years and Voldemort's first downfall), I would cast Eva Green as Bellatrix. Don't get me wrong: Helena Bonham Carter was great as Bellatrix, but I think she went overboard on the crazy, where the book! Bellatrix had a mixture of crazy, menace and coldness. Eva Green could bring the latter qualities.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    So apparently on Pottermore, the site will go through a major overhaul soon now that it's went through all the books, citing that the book stuff was just Pottermore Part 1.

Which means that Part 2 might now fully embrace the Potterverse beyond the books.

15. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Will there be a Potterverse EU/Legends? :p

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Probably getting a Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them revamp. It's fairly easy assumption that JK Rowling has a whole lotta side notes on what she writes so probably that.

17. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Lupin's and Tonks's kid is in Hufflepuff? That's neat. Though if the story of Teddy being disappointed of JS's sorting is true, then that could explain that anxiety Al is experienced in the epilogue.

But seriously I do like how that now with our real world dates lining up with the dates in Potterverse, we're starting to get small trickles of info about the next gen. First we got some with the 2014 QWC, and now these. Hoping to get more soon.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    No Goblet of Fire tourney for Albus & Co? Doesn't it only happen every few decades? What the heck are they gonna do in year four?!

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It last happened a century before GOF. I think it was every couple of years when it was run back then.
    I hope they come up with something exciting for Year 4.
    Though if you think about it, the Tri-Wizard tournament was pretty disappointing.
    3 tasks, one everyone could see, one everyone waited at the edge of the lake and one where everyone watched a maze. And the Yule Ball. They got rid of Quidditch for that?

PCCViking , Darth Xalfrea and Ghost like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    the Maze run and the water pond this time should have drones on cameras (or whatever the magic Potter-verse equivalent is). Of course, you'd figure the GoF tourney would change it up from the last time it was run.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I dunno I was sort of a fan of everyone just watching a lake.
    [​IMG]

Rew, timmoishere, Darth_Omega and 8 others like this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    JK Rowling sez Hufflepuff, Pottermore twitter does an update about Hufflepuff throughout the ages (they won the House Cup, apparently, at some point in the future because they mention Tonks and Cederic) But Newt was also Hufflepuff. Also if they say the word Hufflepuff a lot in Fantastic Beats, I think that's a funny word.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/09/harry-potter-jk-rowling-hufflepuff

also, unrelated:

[​IMG]

23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Why did they replace Genevieve Gaunt? She was too pretty for Pansy?

24. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Just finished my rewatch so this is my new ranking:

8 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 4 >> 7 > 2 >> 1

25. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Here be mine:

PoA > DH2 > OotP > GoF > HBP > CoS > SS (or PS if British) > DH1