main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    but the play is over five hours long?

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Head of Magical Law Enforcement, at least by the time Albus turns 14. He could have gotten a promotion in those 3 years the script really skims over. Same with Hermione now being Minister.

PCCViking likes this.
  3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

That's why its two plays with a break in between.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    right. my post was in response to cubman saying they would have to stretch it just to fill a two hour film.

5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Right but my impression from reading it is there are a lot of set changes and crowd interaction that obviously wouldn't be in the movie and scenes that would go much faster in a movie compared to a play. Maybe I'm wrong, it was just such a quick read it doesn't feel like there would be enough there to me.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Has any half-decent fanficcer rewritten it as a novel yet?

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want to see Starkid do it.

8. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I don't know about you guys, but I would love to see a Tom Riddle movies and How he becomes Voldemort. I know the half blood prince explains it in the novel but not the film. Can You imagne a 7 year adventure with him in films and how he recruited follwers.

I would also like to see Voldemort compete against other Dark Wizard orders and Other Dark Lord Wizard and Witchs too in other movies too.

Going on the another story Idea, I like to see a movie about each of the Tri Wizard champion movies. Each one through out the history of the universe leading up to the Goblet of fire. Hell I forget how many there where and do each of them into movie, like the first champion game into a movie then the second and then the third and etc.

Darth_Voider and QueenSabe7 like this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    A history of the Tri-Wizard tournament would be awesome.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000

Yippee!

11. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    I'm kinda iffy on seeing anything relating to the immediate characters of Harry by this point. Bring on more stuff about something else.

Some ideas I've thought of and would love to see are: Anthology series around the wizarding schools, the story of Isolt Sayre, a full on Qudditch movie, and the Wizarding World and the World Wars.

12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

An interaction between Riddle and Grindelwald (not really, given the timing, but still):

Grindelwald: Dark magic is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
    Riddle: Is it possible to learn this power?
    Grindelwald: Not from Dumbledore.

13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I already imagined a possible "Tom Riddle" trilogy. The first movie would be entirely about his childhood in the Muggle orphanage in London, before he met Dumbledore. The point-of-view characters wouldn't be Tom Riddle though, but rather Billy Stubbs, Amy Benson and Denis Bishop, the three muggle kids who ended up victims of Riddle. The latter two were driven insane by Tom after a mysterious event in the cave. It would be basically a horror movie.

The second movie would be then about his Hogwarts years, the first opening of the Chamber of Secrets and the murder of his muggle father and grandfather. The third movie is about his post-Hogwarts/pre-first wizarding war years.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Now this is Quidditch!"

15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    This is so wizard, Tommy.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Gahhhhh this bookplaything could have been so good. SO good. It had everything going for it. I didn't hear any spoilers beforehand so I didn't know. Why did it end in horrid fanfiction? I've seen Deviantart; that's like ending your play with Shaak Ti and Grievous. I don't want to see it. I've seen enough of it. And hastily tried to scroll down it.

Seriously, Bellatrix? That's nothing new, she and Moldy Voldy have been the slime of fanfic for years. When they pulled that toward the end I was convinced there had to be another plot twist because that was just no. I thought maybe Delphi was wrong, or set up, or there was some other time game going on, or maybe Bellatrix lied or who knows. Maybe Delphi was Quirrell's daughter when he was possessed and she thought she was half Voldemort, I dunno. Anything but straightup fanfic.

That aside it was an awesome story. I hated how the original stories dropped the ball on Ginny and Draco's plots, making the first sort of a meh character and never doing a whole lot with Draco past the first couple of novels. This story redeemed them, and made them both clever characters with real roles to mend the lackluster epilogue for the 7th book.

Oh yeah and I agree with everyone who said Scorpius is da bomb.

Oh and one thing about Draco:
    So is he like a Brit hipster? "Oh look they have a farmer's market!" and the poneytail and all? That is amazing.
    He aged with the fangirls of his generation.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    JK Rowling is going to release 3 new eBooks (on McGonagall, Slughorn, and Umbridge)... and she's looking to hire Harry Potter experts with skills in research and writing to help create new content for the Pottermore website.

Also there's this on Professor McGonagall:
    [​IMG]

18. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    They lost me the moment they announced that they're e-books.

If they're not that big, then I can see them getting compiled into one big physical release down the line.

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    If they're not that big, you could probably print them.

Ghost and SWpants like this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Anyone know of any good Percy Weasley fan-fiction?

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Considering that Percy behaved like a complete prat, I'd be surprised if anyone knows of any Percy Weasey fanfic at all.

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    You don't read fan-fic at all do you?

Umbridge, Fudge, Lucius and Draco Malfoy, Voldemort, Bellatrix, Greyback, etc are greater prats and have thousands of fan-fics.
    As does Percy.

PCCViking likes this.
  23. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Yeah, but those are interesting (and in some cases excellent) villains. Percy's just a prat.:p

Ghost and PCCViking like this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    FTFY, 'cause honestly, that's probably the real impetus behind most Greyback fics. :p

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I haven't read any of the books, but Dolores Jane Umbridge is by far my favorite character in the movies.

I could honestly go for an entire series of Dolores Umbridge books/movies.

Dolores Umbridge and the Lies of a Lying Child
    Dolores Umbridge and the Filthy Half-Breeds

Do You Know Who I Am? The autobiography of Senior Undersecretary Dolores Jane Umbridge