main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  2. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
  3. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty cool.

Scholastic is putting out illustrated editions of all the novels now; Sorceror's Stone and Chamber of Secrets are huge. The first thing my son said when he saw them was, "Can you imagine what Order of the Phoenix is going to look like?"

5. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Yeah, I'm glad they are putting out illustrated versions. I probably won't get all of them, but I'm certainly looking forward to the Goblet of Fire one.

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

A really fancy door stop? :p

7. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    According to the synopsis for the next Fantastic Beasts, Jacob will be back. I wonder how? Does MACUSA has its own Deneuralizer? :p

Master Vo'Un'Var and starfish like this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  10. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    SAAAWWEEEEETTTT

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They announced a Broadway production of Cursed Child so that hopefully means the touring production will ramp up soon so we don't have to go to Broadway to London to see it.

Although I think the TFN boards have spoiled, like, almost the entire plot in random Potter posts here and there for me. :/ Still don't wanna read it just as a play script, me wantie see it (or wait until after the Fantastic Beasts series is done and then they make the movie circa 2028)

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Ender Sai you're a despicable ****, who deserves a screwdriver through the neck. But Big Fail is even worse.

13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    You're in the wrong thread.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  15. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Queen is is a Legimens. Maybe she can restore his memories.

PCCViking likes this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't think Jacob needs his memories to fall back in love with Queenie.

SWpants and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  18. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I saw the end of Fantastic Beasts on HBO last night and an old question has been raised:

When Grindelwald is unmasked and disarmed, it's Tina who disarms him. Does this mean he has yet to steal the Elder Wand or will he need to defeat her to reclaim its mastery? Or, more likely, is it a goof the producers made?

If it's the former, then it will retcon Deathly Hallows in a way since both the book and movie made it clear he was quite young when he stole the Elder Wand, a lot younger than he would be in the Fantastic Beasts timeframe.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe he stole the wand of the wizard he was masquerading as? If it's not the Elder Wand that he's seen using in the movie - that might explain why him being disarmed might not matter.

That said - Harry argued that Draco didn't need to be in possession of the Elder Wand, for disarming him of another wand to result in the Elder Wand transferring allegiance.

It's brought up on TV Tropes's Headscratchers page, too - though there it was suggested that Newt was the one who should be the wand's new master:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Headscratchers/FantasticBeastsAndWhereToFindThem

20. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Assuming he already has the Elder Wand, even if people don't recognize it as such, they would probably know it's his wand, so he couldn't exactly use it while posing as Graves.

But as we saw in Deathly Hallows, one doesn't need to take physical possession of the Elder Wand to become its master. Draco became its master unknowingly, and Harry became its master when he disarmed Draco. Hence my question about Tina disarming him.

I do think it matters, because of the latter duel between Dumbledore and Grindelwald. Dumbledore only becomes its master when he defeats Grindelwald. Leaving the Tina question unanswered would probably screw up the latter chain of events in Deathly Hallows (and Harry's mastery is key to his surviving the final duel against Voldemort).

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe all Harry's "mastery" was - was casting doubt into Voldemort's mind? Once Voldemort stopped trusting the Wand, it rejected him.

I would guess that (if he didn't take it with him to America) Grindlewald probably locked it in a box, reopened the box when he got back, and said "You're mine again".

22. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Maybe. I mean, the master of the Elder Wand can still use other wands easily (Draco continuing to use his, and Harry never actually physically obtaining it until Voldemort's death). And just because Tina would have to be defeated, doesn't mean she would be killed (I think J.K. Rowling indicated she ends up marrying Newt later on).

There are four more movies, so I'm sure there will be plenty of time to fill in this "plot hole." I had mistakenly thought that it was the Swooping Evil that had disarmed Grindelwald, which shouldn't have affected the ownership (Dobby disarmed Bellatrix; even though Hermione ended up with Bellatrix's wand, she still had trouble using it since she hadn't disarmed the other witch herself).

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He who controls the Wand controls the Wizardverse.

PCCViking likes this.
  24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  25. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, but then we'll have to spend another whole movie watching him go "Ooooh! Look! Magic!" I assume that JK Rowling will have thought of that.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  26. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
  27. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    ok the copies have been deleted

1. Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone

[​IMG]
    source: dylanpierpont.com

2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets