main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. ppslytherin1994

ppslytherin1994 Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2017
    My ranking of the books:

1. Order of the Phoenix
    2. Goblet of Fire
    3. Half-Blood Prince
    4. The Deathly Hallows
    5. Chamber of Secrets
    6. Prisoner of Azkaban
    7. Sorcerer's Stone

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    An AI analyzed the 7 books and wrote a new chapter:

3. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, this trailer has me thinking that the new movie could be quite a bit better than "... and Where to Find Them".

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    That looks excellent.

EHT likes this.
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I was looking at the screenshots from the trailer, and it looks like Dumbledore's classroom will be used for the Defense classes later on. There's the telltale staircase leading up to the office behind the desk.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. That looks like Lockheart/Lupin’s classroom

8. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    hmm...shouldn't it be the Transfiguration classroom though? That's what he taught at the time if IRC.

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Well, maybe it’s worth asking what the standard Hogwarts cirriculum was in the 1920s. Was Defence Against the Dark Arts taught at this time, or was that subject added to the cirriculum after Dumbledore defeated Grindlewald in the 1940s?

10. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Well if Dumbledore ever taught DATDA, it has to have been before 1945 because he was the Transfiguration Teacher in 1942 when the Chamber was first opened. Maybe the experience with Gillert scarred him..

My question and what worries me is: How will young Tom will be handled, if it all in the future movies?

Do we know the time frame of this one yet?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  11. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Yes Dumbledore taught Transfiguration by 1942:
    By 44/45 Riddle had requestedthe DATA Post whichDumbledore cursed after his visit.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That trailer does show off some great special effects. But very little of interest.

13. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    It's possible that McGonagall requested and got a different classroom when she took over as Transfiguration Professor. Even Quirrell's classroom was different in the PS/SS movie, although that may be implied that the Defense classroom is normally in the Charms corridor, which was restricted that year thanks to Fluffy.

Ghost likes this.
  14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    You mean Tom cursed it, right?

PCCViking and Lady_Skywalker87 like this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    November is going to be crowded with all these premiere showings I have would like to go to.

16. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Thank you for the correction. Dumbledore might of implemented the Apparition Rule after Tom's visit..which makes sense, since Tom seems to have cursed it about ten years after their meeting and explains why Voldemort chose Quirrell as host in the fist place...a HUGE ****U to his old Transfiguration Professor, now Headmaster.
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...ord-Voldemort-Tom-Riddle-Horcrux-Harry-Potter

Well it seems I got my question answered and that my Dumbledore theory that some of you pegged down a few posts back seems to be correct ...Poor Dumbledore, doing his best to contain two threats at a time at one point.=((

The article calling The Diadem the first Horcrux:[face_rofl]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  17. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Correction: The meeting between Dumbledore and Tom over the DATA Post didn't take place until about ten years after Tom Graduated from Hogwarts; by then being quite on his way to Voldy in appearance, as he had the Locket and the Cup as well. It's just that Tom's Birthday (late December 31st, 1926) always confuses me when figuring Even Dates out.

Ghost and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  18. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    So, I feel that Tom will appear in FB at some point since his school years are from:

September 1st, 1938 to June 1945...Dumbledore becoming The One HE Always Feared when defeating Gillert.
    I hold that what one of the things that prompted Albus to finally seek Gillert himself was seeing The Gaunt Ring on Tom's finger in late 1942 after killing his father that same summer; of course that Albus didn't of this yet, but it would have been enough for him to keep an eye on Tom; when Rubeus Hagrid was framed on June13th, 1943 for the death of Myrtle Elizabeth Warren, Dumbledore knew with certainty that Riddle was also dangerous.
    Only did he realize Tom quest was different when the Ring disappeared from sight the following school year. His suspicions were confirmed when Riddle came asking for the DATDA post looking inhuman, and so Albus Dumbledore begun preparing for what was to come. #showerthoughts[face_laugh]

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Apparently more - Dumbledore becoming Head was apparently after 1965 - and Tom comments on it, during the interview:

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Albus_Dumbledore

Dumbledore says 10+ years separate Voldemort stealing the Cup during his time with Borgin & Burkes, and disappearing. So Voldemort might have worked with Borgin & Burkes for quite a few years.

Given that McGonagall became a Transfiguration Professor in 1956 - I would guess Dumbledore could have, between 1956 and 1965, been teaching other subjects - possibly including DAtDA. That, or, they split teaching it between them, until Dumbledore became Headmaster and got limited time available for teaching.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  20. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008

No more than 20 I forgot about The Diadem...I like to think Dumbledore got a bit more time to rest.:(

21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The CW aired "Harry Potter: A History of Magic" the other night. Did anyone catch it? I recorded it on my DVR and I've watched maybe 15 minutes or so. So far the focus appears to be on the first book and magic that "exists" in the real world verses what JK Rowling wrote about / took inspiration from. There are pieces of art created for what appears to be a future exhibit in London. Not sure if this happened already.

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If you missed the "Harry Potter: A History of Magic" when it aired, it's on the CW app.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Think I might do a reread this summer.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Much to my shame, I didn't bother to see the first Fantastic Beasts in the theater when it came out because I thought it looked silly and it wasn't on my top priority. Which sucked on my part, because even if it was silly, it was one of the more imaginative and unpredictable fantasy films to come out in a while.

The sequel, at any rate, looks just as awesome (with a cool Philospher's Stone connection it would seem):

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    While I do still think the trailers make the new FB movie look better than the first one, I still can’t really get too excited about this. My kids and I have rewatched a few of the HP movies recently (the Deathly Hallows part 2 yesterday), and if anything doing that seemed to remind us more how much better those were, and how the first FB movie at least was frankly pretty boring in comparison, IMO.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018