main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Mr. Electric

Mr. Electric Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2000
    i'd like too see some more action between the other two houses. the whole story revolves around gryphndor and slythin. that's only half the school, there's gotta be so much more going on.

i think jk has succeded in creating a universe that's more intriguing than even that glaxay far far away. i'd call it the best fiction of our day, by far.

2. Exiled

Exiled Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001
    I agree.
    As for the Dursley's they are important somehow. They protect Harry in someway (ancient magic) that Voldemort can't get to him when he is with them. So I don't know if we are going to see himmove away from them for a while.

3. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    Help wanted:

Where can I find a thriving, mature discussion board dedicated to Harry Potter? You know, the JC of Harry Potter, but without the idiots. ;)

4. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    You want the impossible!

I doubt you can find a board that wouldn't be innundated with pre teens or idiots.

5. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    ohh! just read the first book last night. started midnightish and finished 3:30ish. couldn't sleep! i LOVE the book.

6. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    IP, by posting here you have answered your own question. Diagon Alley is the JC of the Harry Potter world, even if it is only one thread ;)

Thanks for the 411 on the Beans. I'll give those a shot, but I don't know if there are even any JC Penney's anywhere around here.

I really enjoyed the Comic Relief UK books. It's fun looking at Harry and Ron's notes in the Magical Beasts book.

7. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Hi, I'm back. :) I went to the website and found out I'm in Ravenclaw.

8. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Hey there ag. I was a hairs breath from being Ravenclaw. One question off, apparently.

Btw, I'm still trying to get hired. I have a few more schools I'm trying to get into interviews with.

I have a ton of ideas for my classroom and lessons, I've been compiling a list, and reading tons on "first year" preparation. Your comments would be appreciated (of course I have to let you know about the ideas....I guess I should raise my thread).

9. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Well, the gals over at The Sugarquill (http://www.sugarquill.com) run a few message boards, that are relatively free of both idiots and preteens ;) They also select the fanfic they present there very carefully, so you won't find any poodoo.

aa :)

10. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    KR: The sorting hat actually had a hard time with me; I was close to being in Gryffindor.

PM me your ideas or raise your thread--I'll be glad to send you my opinions for whatever they're worth. I'm going to bed in a little while so if I don't get back to you til tomorrow, I'm not ignoring you.

Good luck on the job search. I get students next week and I'm trying to get ready myself.

Hi AA--good to see you over here. I always enjoy your fics. Your website is awesome--I have it bookmarked.

11. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
  12. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Thanks for the Link IP. I just wish it wasn't ezboards, those popups make me insane.

Sorry I didn't get to up my thread yesterday ag, I got offline just after posting in here. I"m off to update the thread with the latest 411 right now....

13. Exiled

Exiled Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001
    Yup, that place has potential.

14. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
  15. darthmalt16

darthmalt16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2000
    true we have a little interaction between ravenclaw and gryffindor but almost nothing between hufflepuff and anybody else.

16. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    Hey! A Harry Potter thread on the JC! Way cool! :D

Hello everybody!

17. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Hello PrincessSari, and welcome to Diagon Alley. Care to stop by Mr. Ollivander's to pick out a wand? Or maybe visit the bookstore. Feel free to chat all things Harry here.

18. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah well, you know If you take things out of context you can prove almost anything. Potions class shows Harry Potter premotes drug usage, quotes by Voldemorte and his minions show haryr potter glorifies evil.

My favorite is using "To the well orginized mind, death is but the next great adventure." to show Harry Potter endorses Reincarnation.
    Link

19. Teniel Djo

Teniel Djo Jedi Master star 5

Apr 8, 2000
    *Excited incoherent babble. Then deep breaths* OF COURSE I LOVE HARRY!!! :D...Er, sorry for the howler but I couldn't help it. My sister made me read the books and now I owe her big time. And, yes, Alan Rickman is perfect for Snape! I loved him in Galaxy Quest and I think his personality fits right on the dot! Me and my friends are dressing up to see the movie. Heh, heh, SW freak meets Harry Potter freak and this is what you get. ;) Anyway, I'm gonna go as Cho Chang (yes, I know she won't be in the movie) which will be kinda interesting since my friend's boyfriend is going as Harry and she's going as Hermione. But my friend knows I have no intentions toward her guy so it's okay. I just look the most like Cho Chang...well, at least I'm asian. And my friend's boyfriend looks uncannily like Harry Potter. Anyway, I may look most like Cho but I relate the best with Ron. I don't know how to explain it but he has most my feelings. It my have something to do with the fact that, while I'm not poverty stricken, I do know what it's like to be poor. And I often feel inadequate in comparison to my friends and others. Plus I can be very stubborn and pretty stupid sometimes. Plus my best friend has the personality of Harry and relates the most to him so that might have something to do with it. I think the part of the success of Harry Potter is that everyone can relate to at least one of the characters. Oh, there's so much I want to say about this that I can't get it all out! But I think I'll organize a bit so people don't have to trudge through my babbling...

Question for everyone

Which character do you relate to most and why?

(On that note I would give anything to have the confidance of the Weasly Twins...)

Kessel Runner,

I agree that that book that says Harry Potter goes against the Bible is just scary. I have an extremly Christian friend and even he loves Harry Potter. Of course, you've got to feel sorry for those people that say everything's against the Bible. They probably never have any fun. :p

Sigh...well, I've still got loads I want to talk about but it'll have to wait for some other time. I'll definitely be coming back here! :D

EDIT: I just got sorted at the Official Site and I'm in Gryffindor!!! :D

20. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Fun?

Have you not Read John 13:73?
    'And the lord sayeth thout shalt not haveth fun, nor readth anything that should maketh thee question thine own tightly held misperceptions."

Or something like that...

I like the twins, although I find myself helplessly similar to Neville in my great ineptitude at social interactions.

21. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    farraday=Neville Longbottom? Hmmm, I can see it ;)

I'd have to say that I think I identify best with Harry...that is if we keep ourselves limited to the students. Otherwise I might say Sirius or Lupin.

I hope, as I become a teacher, I can be someone like Lupin.

22. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Hell I'd be lupin just to get to be a tame wolf every month.

Note to Christian funamentalist, please use the above quote as a further indictment against Harry Potter.
    Thanks a bunch.
    ~farraday

23. Teniel Djo

Teniel Djo Jedi Master star 5

Apr 8, 2000
    Hee, hee, I just got my wand. Dragonheart string, Ash, 7 inches. :D

Of course the wand changes every time you go there. The first time I think I got Phenoix feather, maple, 7 1/2 inches. Just now when I went there again I got Unicorn hair, yew, 9 inches(I think). Loads of fun though. I hadn't really explored all the features of this site before I just came to see the trailer. (Even though I got top see it on the big screen when I saw A.I! :D)

And, Kessel, I just wanted to know which characters people related to. So any character is fine. Student, adult, even animal. I think it's be interesting to meet a person who relates to Buckbeak. :D So your answer is fine. :)

24. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    What I like about Harry is that he is the unwilling hero. He doesn't like the adoration, but he steps up when he needs to. I think I can identify with that. Ron is a little too hot tempered to be like me, and I have some Hermione tendencies because I do enjoy reading and being the "good student" but I'm not quite as obsessive as she is.

Y'know I've never been into the RPG stuff, but I'll tell ya this book gets me really interested in it...

btw, my wand is Phoenix Feather, Redwood, 8 3/4 inches. I can't believe how perfect that is for me.

25. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    how perfect that wand is for you?

<shrug> I'm rather muggly myself wood is wood is wood, as for the core I imagine I'd be just as likely to find a phoenix's feather as a dragons heartstring.