main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DIALOGUE

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Kevin_Kenobi, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin_Kenobi

Kevin_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    I always hear people saying that they hate the dialogue in the PT, saying it's horrible acting and such.

I couldnt disagree more.

That's the biggest problem with the PT in my opinion, the dialogue and acting are too good.

With the OT nearly every scene was full of corny one-liners that made us fall in love.

I realised this after watching "VH1 When Star Wars Ruled The World" and Mark Hammil was talking about it all being too corney and being a big joke to the actors. The seriousness just doesnt seem to fit in the PT, talking about issues that should sound completely foreign to our world dont sound like they should be foreign at all because there are too many real-life undertones in the PT and not enough "Cultural Distancing" (also because Star wars is part of our culture now)

The PT is entirely too plot-driven and too serious. I find it odd that characters can have more of a sense of humor during a galactic civil war, than during a time when democracy is supposed to prevail.

I've read alot of things on the ROTS board where so many people are complaining about plot holes. I personally didn't like the lack of entertainment in the PT that was sacrificed in order to deal with all the politics and drama that caused the "Unknowns" that made the OT so interesting.

After watching the entire 6 movies in one day I noticed how much I miss the 1-liners. Sure there are the occasional "You're going to be the death of me" or "It makes me uncomfortable" but not nearly the amount of zingers that came out of Vader's mouth nearly every time he spoke in the OT. Not to mention all of the subtle jokes that Kirshner put into ESB.(Han's hand over 3PO's vocaliser,or the imperial officer that doesnt get force-choked no matter how many times he screwed up)

I think that Gungans were supposed to reflect Lucas' sense of humor and we bashed him good for it,rightedly so,Gungans weren't funny, they were that "Stupid Cute" like when a dog chases its tail.

Since we bashed him he laid low on the comedy for AOTC and ROTS,I dont blame him,however it takes alot away from Star Wars not having those great jokes.

2. olorinrides

olorinrides Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    You're telling me that "I truly...deeply...love you" was well written and well acted???? ugghhhhhh

3. Kevin_Kenobi

Kevin_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    Well at least it was written and acted, not like "I love you" "I know"

It was impromptu and very cheesy

4. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Why can't people just realise that noone goes to a Star Wars movie for acting or dialogue. The acting and dialogue in the OT and PT is fine by me.

5. OldieVonMoldie

OldieVonMoldie Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2001
    "You're telling me that "I truly...deeply...love you" was well written and well acted???? ugghhhhhh"

This is what gets me riled up the most about so called "fans".

First off, this is Star Wars, not Romeo & Juliet.

Second, If some of the suave casanovas on this board could actually imagine themselves telling thier true feelings to someone after having practically nointeraction with the opposite sex for most of thier lives, they might better appreciate the lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.