main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Diary Challenge 2012, Jori Lekauf 967 Coruscant defender. [LOTF Bloodlines setting]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aalagartassle, Jan 4, 2012.

1. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Hi, this is the first time i've ever written a diary, either in reality or in FF so i'll see how I go.

Diary Challenge Beyond the Saga

Corporal Jori Lekauf

Encryption Password: Delta-India-Alpha-Romeo-Yankee
    Accepted.

Today was a great day for the 967, grandfather was right; a Jedi makes all the difference. Colonel Jacen Solo took over the reigns and work is really piling up. We have been assigned to track persons of interest in the Corellian sector. Coruscant being so vast a megametropolis this is the most logical start, what with the blockade and upcoming war.

Our new matte black uniforms have made us stand out from the crowd, a small inconvenience but a total reversal in respect. Just last week Lon was complaining about the regs and blast armor, watching people thumb their noses or what have you at us in complete an utter disdain. Today he had a spring in his step, he proudly wore his blast proof body atmor for the first time. I joked with him, I said in the lockers ?Shevu, you barmy biscuit you now look like a black mushroom!? that got a rise from him! He called me 'buttercup' and 'wetboy', chasing me around for a bit. Ha Ha good times. Shevu?s just the sort of man we need around here, strong, cautious but willing to get in the thick of it when the blasters come a hollering.

I?m hoping Jacen Solo will be like his grandfather , he?s certainly a good Jedi as far as I?m told, he saved Luke Skywalker and managed even to thwart many of the Vong . When I was a private at that time Coruscant was in hell. The Vong formed nearly everything. I was in the underground movement then , man did we see some strange stuff. I guess that?s why I got promoted and assigned to internally defend the capital. I know the streets, not just the rich affluent well to do high rises. I know the depths and the denizens. I know the spice addicts, the looters, the murderers, and the peddlers of shame. I know where they will be and who they will be operating on. On that subject I heard a rumor that General Solo wants to install thousands more cameras to help secure this great world. I reckon that?s probably the right move, but I can see problems along the way, what with the typical Xenophytes and civil libertarians shouting all the way to Tantooine. Not to mention all the extra hours I?m gunna have to put in reviewing the images and making profiles.

Oh well Grandfather said, ?Hard work, is just that, but ya get results?.
    I'm going to make that my New Years resoultion I think; Yeah lots of hard work. Maybe I also might befriend a stranger. Who knows?

Logged off.

2. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    This is really intriguing: a fic from the POV of Lekauf: grandson of one of Vader's most loyal soldiers. It gives another face to the GAG. I want to see more of this.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice beginning

4. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thankyou Darth Treyvah and Earlybird Obiwan for your kind response.

Heres entry 2!

Corporal Jori Lekauf
    Logging on
    Encryption: Dantooine-Illium-Alderran-Raxus-Yavin
    Accepted.

It certainly has been a busy few days since I have written. There have been countless man-hours going into profiling Corellian ?persons of interest?. On the street there are mixed feelings about the Corellian affair, most are panicking or apathetic, some just want to nip it in the bud. This is a brewing storm in a caf cup I think. It will ultimately bring human against human. Funny, I think this is the first war in decades that doesn?t have an anti alien tinge. Look at the Vong wars, the Killick crisis, all the way back to the anti alien policy?s of the Emperor back when Erv my grandfather was serving.

The Corellian?s on Coruscant have fired the first salvos; a bomb went off near the senate district and I?m profiling a business man from a swanky hotel near the Piazza that I think poisoned the water supply. It seems that Lon is convinced it was him, and it really does make sense from a military terrorist point of view. Send in a clown that?s gunna get caught, with no affiliations to government except for being from the planet of origin and bingo! Ya can?t start a war based on one vigilante but Corellia gets what it wants. Maximum damage, minimum risk.

Colonel Solo has set up every 967 commando with an important job, he is adding so much efficiency and confidence to the team. I know it was Lon that picked me for my military experience and I?m Coruscanti through and through. I guess he needed someone he can trust implicitly. Saving his butt during the Vong war when I was just 13 must have had a profound effect on him. I remember he came to my march out four years ago, I was so proud to have a Captain as my pledge. Combine that with working with a Jedi and I?m having the time of my life.

Man does Colonel Solo remind me of the stories my grandfather told me about Vader. He?s almost the spitting image, what with the sheer presence and front on nature of the man. He also put on the blast armor to show its durability, he wore it in live fire practice, it reminds me of grandfathers private joke about the Jedi and Vader; I?m so important I must wear only black! Or Jedi garb is too droopy it gets in the way when I cut peoples heads off! [I don?t think I?ll ever say that to Colonel Solo, not even as a joke!]. I know it sounds like double standards, we have to wear combat black armor and fatigues but I think so should he! I think it?s the little things that bring a unit into cohesion. Although Colonel Solo?s cape is soo gaudy!

Notwithstanding any operative worth his salt wants to be on his team.. I haven?t really spoken to him yet, he?s been coming and going doing his Jedi thing and generally keeping up appearances near the senate district. He did give me and the commanding officers a humdinger of a mission in our first private briefing. We make scenarios to hit the Corellian sector , we question, capture and shackle! It?s going to be pretty difficult in this ecumenopolis and the HNN [holo nightly news]will be a pain! It?s Colonel Solo?s call for who comes up with the best one, or I think Colonel Solo seeming he?s a team player will take the best out of each plan and use it. At least we have a big enough internment facility in the old barracks. Anyhow, I think the raiding will begin soon, just as soon as our new chief has enough resources to see the next few months through.It's good that he plans ahead. Until next month. Got ya back!

Logged Off.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love his comments on Colonel Solo.

Great diary=D=

6. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks EarlybirdObiwan! Yours without the force is looking very good.

Corporal Jori Lekauf
    Logging on
    Encryption: [b]D[/b]ug-[b]I[/b]cktochi- [b]A[/b]kk -[b]R[/b]yll-[b]Y[/b]vethian
    [b]Accepted[/b].

My training and loyalty have been rewarded, I finally got to meet Colonel Solo and he really likes me! A strapping young man as I?ve already commented on. Notwithstanding he isn?t so calm and graceful; I can see it in his eyes!

Today I was reviewing the latest footage of Corellian protest near the senate building; lots of ?person of interests?. Rock throwers mainly but it doesn?t take a genius to spot the more militant elements stirring up the crowd; They are certainly organized. I mentioned this to Lon and Colonel Solo during the inspection of our new barracks at A-89. When I told them a Jedi was in the CFS line, Colonel Solo spiked! Yeah I know it sounds like a lot of bantha poodoo; but I can read facial expressions and mannerisms. I?ve won every Sabacc pot from Coruscant to Raxus Prime understanding a persons ?Tell?. Everyone?s got them; from a fidget to a dazed look. Even the great Lando Calrissian dipped his hat at me for my win over him.

Colonel Solo?s ?Tell? is rigidity, he is just to blasé tense. He doesn?t mean it, none ever does; It?s there every time he needs to make a tough decision or when he sees something he doesn?t like. From the footage,he wanted to know who it was and what happened. His eyes darted left and right; for a second a small fire erupted in his pupils. I showed him the footage on my datapad [ not this one, this is my personal one as you can tell by the encryption above] . This is when he turned into a scary calm rock. You could see an officer shielding a young Jedi from tear gas as the protestors made a quick stampede on the CFS lines, all of a sudden a lightsaber flashes and is quickly shut down. He reviewed it three times, all I saw was people running to and fro; he saw something else. I?m sure. I could tell he felt a mixture of disappointment and pride for the Jedi . It seemed very personal for him; his compusure was far too ridgid. I guess he will tell me who it was when the times right. I think it?s going to be sooner rather than later if the events straight after that incident have anything to do with it.

Five minutes after, whilst inspecting A-89, he took me aside and asked if I could be counted on when times got rough. Of course I said absolutely. He mentioned that I may be involved in clandestine operations outside the 967 parameters. I know what that means and it?s not pretty. There maybe spying on our own or more than likely fudging the records of prisoner confinement to Lon and Co.
    Missing bodies and the like. I?ve done it before and Erv my grandfather also did it for the greater good. I don?t like working as a double agent, but I know it?s necessary for progress and besides; he?s a Jedi. I am not above the law but I understand the Jedi should be! Tough decisions on individual prisoners must be made, interrogations sometimes need to go that extra yard. Morals need to be on a second tier. A Jedi can?t do this; alas I can.

I?ve already scored on the bomb blast, finding out that it was an ?Own goal? ;to much detonite, not enough sheath. He was a Corellian agent. This pleased Colonel Solo; I think maybe that?s why he likes me; efficiency without the ego. Maybe that?s Lon?s only flaw, his ego gets in the way of justice. The 967 is a conglomerate of Police, army, and spooks! He does everything by the book even before the thing is written! Oh well once a cop, always a cop! I personally think that?s why I joined the army instead of following Lon; you don?t have to log a report every time you issue some whoop ass!

Orders are to followed and unquestioned and if you fail this one rule, you deserve to die. So I?ve been ordered by Colonel Solo to be his undercover agent, more like a disposal unit I think, everyone?s loyal, that?s why we are in the 967.
    Anyway Jabi town here we come; two nights and we hit it hard!

Logged Off.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice inside information, giving lots of depth to his character and the ones he is commenting on

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    This is moving along very nicely, though I'm thinking you'll be running out of journal updates soon, as he gets closer and closer to the Gejjen mission.:p
    Keep it up!

9. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks for reading earlybird Obiwan and Robimus[face_peace]

@ Robimus, the Diary challenge is only for a year, and well you know what happens to Jori after being in the 967 for a year. [face_shhh] So I thought it fitting.;)

Corporal Jori Lekauf
    Logging on
    Encryption:[b]D[[/b]runknell-
    [b]I[/b]rodonia-
    [b]A[/b]urodium
    -[b]R[/b]udoph-
    [b]Y[/b]iccorian

[b]Accepted[/b].

Wow; Jabi town now that was interesting to say the least! I was ordered by Colonel Solo to fill a flanking position with a squad of the 967's finest. Initially we set up with repulsor fitted skycraft to manage the numerous skyline exits. Having executed that order I ordered snipers on the rooftop to position; with the efficiency of crack troops this was accomplished remarkably swiftly. After a tense few minutes Colonel Solo instructed us via comlink not to fire on anyone that hasn?t fired on us first. That seemed like an odd play? Colonel Solo was generally so forthright. It was Lon that stood up to the Colonel advising that we should engage the enemy if we perceive a real and immediate threat. Within two seconds on the commanders private channel Colonel Solo adjusted his orders and sided with Lon on the issue. This brought a great sense of worth to the troops; having a commander that listens and respects his men is one of the greatest assets a fighting force can get. It proves that he needs us like we need him!

O four hundred ticked by and finally; Lon ordered my squad with other 350 troopers and rifleman to stealthily enter the buildings and get into position. Wow, what a rush, in the silence we scurried to exits and covered them. Suddenly the whole place lit up like a supernova, all the skycars turned on their lumens spot lamps, we could see the intense blinding light shoot through the cracks and doorjams. Our Matte black uniforms were no good to us except the blast and filter faceshields. Thank god for dampeners!

A large loud hailer shook all the windows and issued the orders to come out and be processed.

That was our cue; we moved to the doors and smashed them down, three doors per level per building for effect. It was perfectly executed. We had the ?nose? just to be sure the occupants didn?t have ordinance, it was placed next to every door that was not willingly opened. If it wasn?t opened immediately we knocked and shouted ?Galactic Guard, outside now! And then we busted the door down for good measure.

Once the residents heard the commotion they almost willingly surrendered to our processors who cuffed them where they stood. The shock on the terrorists faces was palpable; well not all of them are terrorists I know but we had to think that way in order to achieve the maximum effect of the raid. Yes we were gruff and over bearing, but in the end my squad had not fired a single shot and we secured two buildings within the allotted 18 minutes deadline.

Once our squad cleared, I ventured outside to take stock and supervise the processing . I spied Colonel Solo talking to another Jedi; one with a blue lightsaber, Colonel Solo?s being green. I haven?t been introduced to the smaller one yet; but I hope to soon. Anyway, the HNE had arrived as suspected and it was at exactly the right time, here was Colonel Solo coming out of a building, instructing his other Jedi to move to another location whilst a frame charge explodes in the background, all the while two beings poised like heroes clutched two magnificent green and blue lightsabers that lit up the skyscape; they then directed the 967 via comlink. It was fitting and glorious.

What an adrenaline rush.

I don?t think I?ll sleep too much tonight. I?m still so pumped!
    Oh well, tomorrow the processing starts. Colonel Solo wants to judge the reactions of the terrorists being confined for at least a day. It makes sense, we can monitor their reactions on the Cams we installed in the detention halls.

Might go down to the local cantina with the boys and chill out. Get some stories about how their squads held up.
    Anyway I?

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He is giving great details about the missions. Like where you are going with this diary

11. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks Earlybird Obiwan.
    The next entry is going to a bit of a risk, so i don't mind if you don't like it. I just think a imagined perspective might add some depth to the character

Carporal Jonvy Lakauf
    Ligging on
    Encryption: [b]D[/b]runknell-[b]I[/b]rodonia- [i]A[/i]urodium -[i]R[/i]udoph-[b]Y[/b]Yiccorian
    Fail

Re enter password?
    Corporal Jori Lekauf
    Logging on
    Encryption: [b]D[/b]umate-[b]I[/b]ll- [b]A[/b]pplez -[b]R[/b]unz-[b]Y[/b]esh
    Accepted.

Ah, I jist got back from da Cantina. I have this entrée spoken to euz?s bysh my compterz racorda ash I dont fink I could do itz by mine shelf as I can?t see the ..the? the? board! I fink I bedda get this..this down before I forgit or parsh out.
    The guy that was with Comanda Jacen Solo whash a SHywalker?.. I mean Ben Skywalker you know the sun of the most bestest jedis in the whole wide world Luke and Mara [whadda fox!]

I?m gunna be workn for im! Yaowser..[burp] ooh the poo fairy came and visited my mouth?????. That burp stunk!
    I feelz a littla bit slighteded, bloody Herdy Gerddy Girdun gotta watch Jashen Sholo busht down a door using only da forsh! And hyponitish, no paralylze a firefek few dozhen terrorishstd! No waiyt that mitta been Ben, Anyway they gotta new term for whatch they did ??.called REBJ

REBJ how many timz did I hear that toonight ! Man I hate that Girdun, ponscy bugger!

Thud.

Entry TIMED OUT

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He sure had some exciting evening:D

13. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    What a fun choice for a diary subject! I'm in the middle of a LotF re-read right now and had just about forgotten who Lekauf was beforehand, so this is great because it's all fresh in my mind. :)

Anyway, I really liked the, er... intoxicated entry. [face_laugh] Especially '[whadda fox!]' ;) Good thing he has the presence of mind to NOT say that around Ben. :p

Looking forward to more!

14. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks Obi and lexi for your kind response. It's much appreciated.
    This entry is also a risk, though one dealing with the common emotion of angst. [being blamed for something you did'nt do]. It's also about the complexities of war and what emotions one has to deal with when figure heads upset morale. Enjoy

Corporal Jori Lekauf
    Logging on
    Encryption: Dooku-Ima- Aurra -Rakata-Ylesia
    Accepted.

Opps, I don?t remember anything from the last post. I can tell I was a right **^^%. I can?t even edit because of the encryption parameters. I think it?s time for another few months of tea totaling.

I am so happy but annoyed today.

The good news is the results of Jabi Town and the coverage of this on the HNE!
    I really should get the annoyed part of my chest now. War is really under way ! It?s going crazy fast around here! The fleet had engaged the Corellians and now occupy Tralus in an unenviable position, this is suppose to be the next staging point for hostilities. Because of this, Pellaeon retired today!
    With all this activity from the GAG and the Republic forces I thought it will only be a matter of time. He claims his retirement was in protest of the Jabi town raid, though the HNE reported that he was not prepared to enter hostilities and sacrifice the Republics men and women where a diplomatic solution can be straight forwarded. Didn?t he just invade Tralus? His diplomatic solutions? He tried that before and nearly got killed for the effort!
    Gilad Pellaeon thought that open hostilities in Coruscant and the bullying in the space lanes has already intensified the war. He believes now that no diplomatic solutions have been seen through and that both sides are openly at Civil war. He blames men and women behind the mirror on both sides. I think he was maybe referring to the old tradition of Jedi Knights brokering a deal, alas this hasn?t been completed well in history, especially on the topic of secession. Although Erv said Vader had a way to enforce a planets continuing allegiance to the Empire! FORCE and a lot of it, not excuses!

I?m pretty sure that was a parting shot at Colonel Solo and Head Honcho Cal Omas for ?knee jerk reactions?. I say , tell it to the 1000 already dead from the bomb explosion in the senate district and the Fex-m3 water poisoning. 1000 other people have permanent nerve damage. I?m here to defend Coruscant and though I respect the ex-Admiral in most instances, this really peeved me off.

If Omas didn?t set up the GAG, then we would have even more terrorists and open hostilities. Coruscant would turn to anarchy if something wasn?t done. Quell the fears of the ordinary citizen. They want to see something done to eliminate risk, they got a Jedi that led a crack squad to arrest and detain criminal elements; to secure our internal borders with no casualties, WHATS WRONG WITH THAT!

Gilad Pellaeon final shot blames the GAG for the war. So I think he should have an introspective look himself especially what he?s been doing with his fleet. Play?n war. Where are they? What are they doing? Fighting that?s what, he has been building and spying to take us into war. Now he declares that not following his direction is a misstep, he claims setting up a secret police will somehow loose the war? He?s no Emperor, take your bat and go home, you can?t have it your own way! His tactics falter so he blames the GAG for war and his retirement? The GAG, Really my fanny kneejerker! We haven?t anything to do with spaceships or Tralus. Knee jerk my fanny! Fall on sword with dignity ya $%^&*() don?t go blaming us for your botched missions. At least ours is a resounding success, No?ones died, how many battle crusiers did you loose? How many men? Name it, It will show your true account!

As you can tell I?m highly agitated. I won?t even go into what the HNE thinks about our Jabi town raid, I?ll write about it soon, when cooler heads prevail and not let myself be a kneejerker bloody ex -Admiral!!!!!!!

Logged out.

15. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Poor Jori. For all I always felt that his sense of duty and loyalty was a little... skewed... he was really a good guy at heart. GAG could have used a few more Lekaufs and Shevus, and a little less Jacen. :p Just as the GADF could have used a little more Pellaeon. *sigh* Hindsight is 20/20.

Great update. :)

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes I agree with that; More Jori's and Shevu's

And a nice update