main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Diary Challenge 2013 question for mini challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    here is a question for everyone... Love has been done so many times for Feb... Is there an idea that someone wants to do for the mini challenge this month? Or do you want to stick with love?

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Murder?? It's still red related but definitely not love, unless it's a crime of passion, I guess. How about that for a topic... crime of passion!
    ;)
    Other than that, I have no idea.

3. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    crime of passion is a good idea Mav

Does anyone else have any ideas :)

or did you want to go with Mavs? It could be a good way to set up a great one night stand then have some heart break after [face_mischief]

I fixed your name Volund, sorry about that Volund Starfire

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Feb also has:

Groundhog Day - a superstitious test to see how much longer winter is. What superstitions/traditions do your characters have?

President's Day - a celebration of our present and past presidents birthdays and of the office. For SW it would be Chancellor/Head of State/Emperor's Day.

Inventor's Day - a day of recognition for inventing. I believe a science fair is done in some places.

Chinese New Year - China's New Years Day.

Superbowl Sunday - which is today. Americans get all hyped and ready for the biggest sport event ever. Families and friends get together in front of that big screen or at the local pub. Popcorn, hotdogs, chili, Chips and dip and lots of beer. What big sport is important to your characters and do they get all hyped for the final big game? SW is Smashball.

Basic themes that other themes could be woven in to. The "crime of passion" thing could certainly be woven in for Superbowl Sunday. People have murdered over the Superbowl before, even stole merchandise of the winning team.

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------
    Use the light switch, Luke. Trust your feelings!

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I already have all of February's entries written so I won't be participating this month, but love in February IS overdone (says the person with the mushiest challenge for the sjrs ever). But I think crimes of passion would be interesting to read this month.

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Purity and inventor's day should be nice
    And murder in the Jedi temple;) and a colleague of my diarist called 'bones' should work too

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    wow we got a lot of good ideas so far :)

sorry for derailing the thread

the baby blanket is completed and i'm bushed. Just need to wash it and I'm so relieved this is done.

[​IMG]

And this is what has hogged the spare time on me. Tails are weaved in, and it took four hours to weave in 200 tails.. I was ready to cry near the end....

9. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Let's Get Ready for HUTTBALL!!!

TrakNar likes this.
  10. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Should I pm the sock again? I think my journal might get a little more attention if its actually kept in the index. I understand if he or she is busy and all but maybe my pm was missed or wasn't sent through.

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    ummmm when I updated the index I added your story in.... continue to pm the sock when you update... the link isn't removed so I'm a bit confused by your statement about keeping it in the index...

12. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    My mistake. I checked the index from on taptalk from my Iphone and it must not have updated properly. I'll PM the sock when I update, that's something I keep forgetting to do. Sorry!

13. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I need to type up my latest entries, and this weekend, I spent it at my half-brother's place, with my niece and nephews, who are comprised of nothing but germs! I've been coughing, sniffling, and feeling lousy since I got back last night. I don't have any ideas for a challenge, unless people want to write about how everyone is sick and they're doing everything in their power to keep from getting sick, and once they even dare to display a little bit of hubris... BAM! They're sick.

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Groundhog Day - a superstitious test to see how much longer winter is. What superstitions/traditions do your characters have?

President's Day - a celebration of our present and past presidents birthdays and of the office. For SW it would be Chancellor/Head of State/Emperor's Day.

Inventor's Day - a day of recognition for inventing. I believe a science fair is done in some places.

Chinese New Year - China's New Years Day.

Superbowl Sunday - which is today. Americans get all hyped and ready for the biggest sport event ever. Families and friends get together in front of that big screen or at the local pub. Popcorn, hotdogs, chili, Chips and dip and lots of beer. What big sport is important to your characters and do they get all hyped for the final big game? SW is Smashball.

Crime of Passion

Sick

Purity

inventor's day

Does anyone else have any ideas or should we cast a vote now?

Or if we don't cast a vote I have two ideas one for ths month and one for next month

Crimes of Passion for February and Sick day for march?

15. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Crimes of Passion for February and Sick day for march?

yes. :D

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Sounds good to me. Crimes of Passion for Passionate February and Sick Days for the Ides of March.

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Not sure how I would fit Crimes of Passion in mine. Dooku is currently 6! Unless he murders a slab of clay that won't cooperate in art class. Lol.

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------
    Use the light switch, Luke. Trust your feelings!

jcgoble3, smuggler_vola and benknobi1 like this.
  18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I might be able to fit Crimes of Passion in mine... sort of... It won't involve murder, I can assure you that.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Crimes of passion will be 'fun';) with the healers

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    crimes of passion for February and sick day for march, if everyone is i agreement, I will Update the index with the info

TrakNar and benknobi1 like this.
  21. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    sounds good to me, but I'm assuming that the crime of passion doesn't necessarily have to be done by the person who is writing the diary... Shmi is definitely not the type to do such a thing... unless killing to protect her child counts, and since Ani is not with her at this point, that's not gonna happen. LOL

22. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    yeah... i don't think it has to be done by the person who is writing the diary imo.

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    The mini challenge is optional and not mandatory. So if you feel you can't work it in,, you don't have too.

24. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Crimes of Passion... Kind of hard with all the Spartans being ten years old... but I guess I'll throw some of Black Team's little indiscretions in there (since they got them thrown in the brig when they were found out).

25. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    Index has been updated

Let me know if I missed anything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.